Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Iain Moody Suspended "

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Tuesday 8th October 2013

Malky Mackay's right-hand man Iain Moody has been suspended by Cardiff City - with his role being filled by rookie Kazakhstani Alisher Apsalyamov.

Head of Recruitment Moody, Mackay’s most trusted lieutenant, has played a key role in helping deliver signings during the manager’s successful two-year spell in charge of the Bluebirds

But WalesOnline has learned Moody - who also worked alongside Mackay at Watford - has left his post with the previously unknown Apsalyamov taking over his duties in an acting capacity.

The shock news, which is likely to unsettle Mackay, comes just days after it was revealed the Bluebirds boss has also been forced to deal with tensions between City’s players and owner Vincent Tan over a bonus row.

We have been told Tan has wanted his own man overseeing transfer activity and Moody’s position appears to have become less and less secure.

And it this week reached a critical point with Moody suspended from his duties with Apsalyamov, 23, handed his responsibilities.

Moody has become the most influential member of Mackay’s backroom team, sent by the manager to various parts of the world to target, talk to and sign the players who have helped the Bluebirds win the Championship title and also stabilise in the Premier League.

Among the City stars Moody was responsible for bringing to the club have been England international Steven Caulker, Chilean midfield warrior Gary Medel, French right-back Kevin Theophile-Catherine and £8million Dane Andreas Cornelius. He also helped Mackay snap up the likes of Fraizer Campbell, Jordon Mutch and Kim Bo-Kyung.

However, Tan wants somebody else at the helm with Apsalyamov given the chance in an acting capacity following Moody’s shock suspension, the reasons for which not known.

Apsalyamov has been at Cardiff since February, describing his position as executive assistant to CEO Simon Lim - although has not previously been listed by the club as a key staff member on their website or matchday programme.

According to his own biography on a social networking site, Apsalyamov - thought to be a friend of owner Vincent Tan’s son U-Jiun - has no previous experience in football.

But is believed he has spent several weeks shadowing Moody, a figure Mackay has regularly praised in public for his work in Cardiff’s forensic approach to talent-spotting and recruiting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Iain Moody Suspended

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:15 pm

doesn't look like good news! no reason to why he's been suspended? maybe Tan wants an eye in the changing room since he's been 'banned'

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Ohh f**k :shock:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Bad news for Malky and us all in my opinion :roll:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 pm

WHAT the F is going on down that place. Could Tan try to unsettle the club anymore. F**K off TAN

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Nice one Tan you f*cking bellend, just unsettling the players and staff all too much now. Twice in recent succession.. Grade A prick.

To Replace Moody with some unknown rookie is poor, very poor. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Malky will be sacked soon. I can see it happening. Tan will bring someone high profile in.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Very strange decision. Moody seemed to be very well regarded.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Super Kev wrote:Malky will be sacked soon. I can see it happening. Tan will bring someone high profile in.

in all honesty, i can see it to! don't think Malky will be happy with this one!

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Who next our manager?? :o

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:22 pm

f*cking bollocks :evil:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:25 pm

f*cking joke, what's Tan been smoking?

Hate to say it but Malky will be next, knowing Tan.

Ruined my night :evil: :twisted:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:25 pm

This is weird.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Malky will be gone soon enough if things don't start to change. Knew it would happen and Tan wouldn't wait around given the investment.

Seen it coming a long time ago. Not even surprised. Why is anyone surprised with what Tan does? The guy is off his trolley.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Not surprised to be honest, what I have been hearing today about the way Tan is acting is not good hearing.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:28 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Super Kev wrote:Malky will be sacked soon. I can see it happening. Tan will bring someone high profile in.

in all honesty, i can see it to! don't think Malky will be happy with this one!

Agreed. How he can sack someone who got a European club competition regular to sign for us is beyond me.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:28 pm

If Tan is interfering in football matters,then it's the beginning of the end for Malky. Things don't sound very good down the City. Good on the payers, though, for telling Tan that he's not wanted in the dressing room. Things may be coming to a head.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:30 pm

things going downhill now! Tan getting pissed off, interfering in team matters, ruining team harmony, sacking Malkys staff and soon enough Malky will have had enough!

not good at all

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:31 pm

According to his own biography on a social networking site, Apsalyamov - thought to be a friend of owner Vincent Tan’s son U-Jiun - has no previous experience in football.

:shock:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Malky now 10 /1 from 25/1 to be the next prem manager sacked on odds checker

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:33 pm

He has been in the spotlight too much and no one has told him to gtfo and let the club become stable before he becomes more involved in the public eye. No one was able for whatever reason, to stand up to him.

Can see Malky going, especially if we don't get results very soon.

Re: " Iain Moody Suspended "

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Very very strange.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:34 pm

the next stage is.. tan is picking the team :x

carlccfc wrote:Not surprised to be honest, what I have been hearing today about the way Tan is acting is not good hearing.

Could you elaborate on that please?

What have you been hearing?

I feel for Malky thats All I will say, Tan please let Malky do his job Malky is paid to do.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Anyone but Redknapp

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:36 pm

This is not good.......

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:37 pm

davids wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Not surprised to be honest, what I have been hearing today about the way Tan is acting is not good hearing.

He won't say anything, just keeps people wondering/debating for website hits

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:37 pm

davids wrote:

Tan is interfering in things behind the scenes regarding football matters.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 pm

TheBluebirdsMovement wrote:Anyone but Redknapp

He may go for him Tan is a lunatic