Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Solskjaer appointed tomorrow

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:28 pm

I know a few twitter sites have said this today but I found out this morning that Solskjaer will be appointed tomorrow.

He is keen to make Kenwyne Jones one of his first signings.

For those who think I'm jumping on a bandwagon, Annis can back me up on this one as told him today at lunchtime.

Welcome OGS.

Re: Solskjaer appointed tomorrow

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:31 pm

That's very interesting Ned. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I know a few twitter sites have said this today but I found out this morning that Solskjaer will be appointed tomorrow.

For those who think I'm jumping on a bandwagon, Annis can back me up on this one as told him today at lunchtime.

Welcome OGS.

Kenwyne Jones :shock:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:40 pm

toshacks_1_tales wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I know a few twitter sites have said this today but I found out this morning that Solskjaer will be appointed tomorrow.

Welcome OGS.

For Turner's hoof ball :)

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:41 pm

That would be a 4 4 2 a target man for Cambell to play off

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:42 pm

toshacks_1_tales wrote:

Welcome OGS.

That surprised me too.

Sort of hope that part's wrong!

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:47 pm

He cant be that good he has not yet been capped by Wales yet :D :D :D :D

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:47 pm

Christ - Kenwyne Jones!

Tan will not be happy. Surely with Ole's United connections Tan will be expecting Van Persie or Rooney or someone else he may have heard of.

I think our new manager may get off on the wrong foot with the owner!

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:52 pm

Igovernor wrote:That would be a 4 4 2 a target man for Cambell to play off

4-4-2 :shock:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:55 pm

:thumbup:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:58 pm

Why would he want Jones when he has raved about Cornelius after Copenhagen played Molde last season?

Hope this is true anyway and we can get some value for money in next transfer window unlike our previous manager!

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:59 pm

toshacks_1_tales wrote:
Igovernor wrote:That would be a 4 4 2 a target man for Cambell to play off

4-4-2 :shock:

If Tan had his way it'll be

8-8-8

And every player number would be 8.

:twisted:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Could well be announced before the game tomorrow and he just sits in the stands whilst kerslake takes the flack for the drubbing :lol:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:08 pm

Jones and 4-4-2. Have we turned the clock back to the 1990's. I thought he was a student of the modern game.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:10 pm

f*cking brilliant news and again just shows what arsehole fans we have who are already slating a potential signing.

OGS is going to be a revelation.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:12 pm

GGardner wrote:Why would he want Jones when he has raved about Cornelius after Copenhagen played Molde last season?

Hope this is true anyway and we can get some value for money in next transfer window unlike our previous manager!

So he saw him play 180 minutes maximum, no idea of if he scored or played but I are they played a Europa group game and lost both to Cornelius' side. Value for money?!? If we are after anyone like kenwyne jones lets just plan for the championship now.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:15 pm

Huge risk imho.

There's a world of difference between competing at the top end of a two bob Norwegian league to dealing with a relegation battle in the Premier League.

That said, every appointment brings a certain amount of risk with it.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:17 pm

Wolfpac wrote:f*cking brilliant news and again just shows what arsehole fans we have who are already slating a potential signing.

OGS is going to be a revelation.

Kenwyne Jones is not a very good footballer anymore. He had two good seasons a while back and since then is either injured, not playing or trying to hit a barn door with a banjo. Just my opinion. No need for the abuse. :thumbup:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:19 pm

I don't believe that the part about Jones will turn out to be correct OGS though :thumbup:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:25 pm

Igovernor wrote:I don't believe that the part about Jones will turn out to be correct OGS though :thumbup:

If Mike Phelan joined with Ole, now that would work.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:30 pm

OGS is no more of a punt than Malky was. A young manager who knows all of the new methods of training, recruitment and man management. He also had some early practice in management with Sir Alex as his boss and mentor, and can do no more than win the league in Norway with the team he joined. He was never going to go straight to a top 7 Premier team, so a lower half Premier team probably suits him, and hopefully us. So far, wherever he has gone he has had nothing but success. Let's hope he can do it for us :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:34 pm

Welcome OGS.

Ned, uve been pm me for the last 24hrs :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:35 pm

NJ73 wrote:Huge risk imho.

There's a world of difference between competing at the top end of a two bob Norwegian league to dealing with a relegation battle in the Premier League.

NJ, I never thought we would agree on anything to do with the Capital City and your Spot on :thumbup:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

NJ, I never thought we would agree on anything to do with the Capital City and your Spot on :thumbup:

Interesting

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:40 pm

If he brings Phelan in as his number 2 that will be one hell of a team.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:41 pm

We will do well to avoid relegation now.

Felt we were comfortable with Malky in charge until the summer signing came in. Stll felt he would have kept us up until Tan stuck his oar in. Really felt Tan should have kept this under wraps and got rid of Moody this summer.

Now I feel Tan is ggoing to pay for all of this.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We will do well to avoid relegation now.

Felt we were comfortable with Malky in charge until the summer signing came in. Stll felt he would have kept us up until Tan stuck his oar in. Really felt Tan should have kept this under wraps and got rid of Moody this summer.

Now I feel Tan is ggoing to pay for all of this.

Malky chose the team and tactics. We were relegation certs after Malkys transfer mismanagenent this summer. Lets hope Ole can rescue Malkys f**k ups

Forever Blue wrote:

It was bound to happen sooner or later :laughing6:

Bakedalasker wrote:Now I feel Tan is ggoing to pay for all of this.

It's us the fans that are going to pay for Tan's interferance. I hope Solskjaer can make it work and keep us up.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:45 pm

Neokutai wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Now I feel Tan is ggoing to pay for all of this.

It's us the fans that are going to pay for Tan's interferance. I hope Solskjaer can make it work and keep us up.

Yes you are right and so do I.