Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' A TIME AND PLACE '

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:45 pm

A time and a place.
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136167 :roll:

What purpose did today's statement serve? Other than being critical of Malky Mackay and Iain Moody transfer policy. Surely this type of statement belongs at the AGM and not when we are entering the final twelve games of our maiden Premier League season whilst battling against relegation.

There are divisions in our support, which we all know the reason why, no need for me to go over old ground but when the club should be trying its damnedest to unite our support it once again kicks itself square in the dangly bits.

On first reading the statement, my initial response was that it smacked of immaturity, my dad is bigger than your dad playground nonsense. At a shareholders meeting I would not have any issue about what was written as Vincent Tan, rightly or wrongly, felt that he could not trust Malky Mackay and Iain Moody to spend any more money.

If a statement or words of wisdom were needed then this one today was exactly the opposite of what is required.

Something along the lines of 'whatever your thoughts about Malky, Ole, the rebrand, the debt, the players, ticket prices, blah blah blah right now your club needs you! You are needed to get behind the players for each and every game until the end of season, we need to fight for survival and your support is critical. The time to discuss all other matters will be once the curtain has drawn on the 2013/14 season.'

Personally I don't think the club needed to say anything at all because if you got nothing good to say then say nothing at all.

Does Vincent Tan realise it doesn't matter how many people sit in Asia watching Cardiff City play, or how many punters buy a meal at Kenny Rogers Roasters, it is the supporters who attend the game that can have a positive affect on what happens on the pitch.

Why does Tan want to alienate supporters at a time when the manager would want to get every one of us behind the team and focus only on the team?

We, the supporters, will be here when Tan has long gone and I will support the team through every game we play and hopefully we will still be a Premier League club at the end of the season and I hope that by the time the Hull game comes, today's statement will be regarded as another piece in the growing line of ill timed and I'll judged gaffs by Lim or Tan and we as supporters focus on our team and support them in the quest for the points required to stay in the division.

Re: ' A TIME AND PLACE '

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:06 pm

And so the carnival that is cardiff city rolls on....clueless,unprofessional ,undignified .....and becoming the biggest laughing stock in world football.......mr tan , mr lim ......I thank you

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Completely agree. Ill advised and ill timed and just 100 % the wrong move at the wrong time. But not at all surprised.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Spot on with that post Carl, this just shows how clueless our regime are once again regarding our football club, for gods sake were involved in a massive relegation battle and we need every fan now supporting our current team,not dividing us once again with their pathetic statements :thumbup:

Carl, many times on here we have had different opinions on managers DJ and u even stayed away from my beliefs and strong opinions on Dictator Tan and have many times sat on the fence but,reading your post I can see, even your getting totally fed up of the Tan's Circus and his clowns.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136175 :thumbup:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Annis its only a matter of time before our fans, pro Blue and reluctant reds, completely turn against Tan and the rest of the circus clowns . This should have been a great season, one to cherish, instead it has turned into a nightmare .

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Trouble is, they cant go a few weeks without publicity.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:30 pm

TERRYB wrote:Annis its only a matter of time before our fans, pro Blue and reluctant reds, completely turn against Tan and the rest of the circus clowns . This should have been a great season, one to cherish, instead it has turned into a nightmare .

Terry, your right,in fact they really could end up uniting us all, because the more pathetic statements they make, the more fans really see them what they are Dictator and Clowns.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:31 pm

lockey1927 wrote:Trouble is, they cant go a few weeks without publicity.

Your right, as soon as we finally got our first league win and beat Norwich, Tan then said Ole is better than Malky :lol:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:32 pm

What has the club got out of releasing another statement? They've shot themselves in the foot, yet again, the focus on the club in the media spotlight is away from the team & focused on the owner & his minions.

Whether you agree with him over Malky or not, I don't think anyone can say that the way this has been handled is correct.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:36 pm

I heard Moody was skimming anyway or as old Cloughy would have it a bung. :o

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:What has the club got out of releasing another statement? They've shot themselves in the foot, yet again, the focus on the club in the media spotlight is away from the team & focused on the owner & his minions.

Whether you agree with him over Malky or not, I don't think anyone can say that the way this has been handled is correct.

Face it this club, franchise f.c. isn't ready for the Prem, on and off the field. Lets get our club ,Cardiff City F.C. , back!

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:16 pm

I wish people would stop moaning and f*cking do something about it moaning like f**k on a forum ant going to do anything

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:24 pm

I read it as an endorsement of Ole and his transfer dealings.
Sure there is a mention of previous transfer business that proved costly and loss making but the majority of it is mentioning about Ole's time at the club and how he's making a good impression and doing his best to keep this club in the top flight.
We have a new manager..the club are happy with him..simple.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:04 pm

Tan is obviously furious at Malky and Moody................and call a spade a spade the Cornelious deal stinks.....this wasnt like PO proven..who another prem club wanted..........this deal stinks.......Tan was faced with either accepting his management team had the worst judgement ever..........cos acorn wasnt even close to what we needed.........or consider something worst...i would.......and so would all the malky apologists if honest............im a Cardiff fan.and hate anything bad at our club.........this transfer was bad.......stinks

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:18 pm

People making their escape plans now. When the shit hits the fan they feel vindicated

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:26 pm

Cornishblue wrote:People making their escape plans now. When the shit hits the fan they feel vindicated

i dont understand???????????????

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Remember, this board is very much a minority of supporters. Most supporters do not even know about what goes on EXCEPT what goes on on the pitch. And they couldn't care less about the rest of the politics.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:34 am

bluebird58 wrote:Remember, this board is very much a minority of supporters. Most supporters do not even know about what goes on EXCEPT what goes on on the pitch. And they couldn't care less about the rest of the politics.

spot on..have spoken to 8 friends all Cardiff tonite on the phone regarding going to Everton......nobody mentioned this circus thing or the statement,,which was a non event.............havent had a bunch of texts off jack fans either which is the norm if we have appointed a painter, changed colour, or the press have it their heads Tan thinks Marshall should score goals.
i do wish the club wouldnt issue statements though because it does create negative vibes on here.......what ever the statement might or might not say.
people in general do not think or see Cardiff as a laughing stock......in fact the last 10 or so years , year by year .people in my experience treat us as less of a joke............

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:47 am

Carl, you mate Sam is pulling the strings behind the scenes no doubt

All our problems started when old bushy eyebrows got involved with the club

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:48 am

If we do eventually go down tan will come out and take a pop at everyone,when the real blame is down to himself,I really don't understand why he just don't shut up,who ever was right or wrong,tan employed them,the minute he leaves our club I ll have a party,because he may have brought premiership football to cardiff but look at what price,I ve had better times supporting cardiff in the dungeon and how bad was it in those days

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:49 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Carl, you mate Sam is pulling the strings behind the scenes no doubt

All our problems started when old bushy eyebrows got involved with the club

Serious?,your blaming Sam lol

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:07 am

Yes he started it all off

don't remember black Friday when we had to sell the tea lady :sleepy2:

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:13 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Yes he started it all off

don't remember black Friday when we had to sell the tea lady :sleepy2:

Remember it to well,but they call it Black Friday,but we had far worse days at the club,Sam just got carried away,he did over spend yes he took money from the club,but look at previous chairmen all fleeced the club,Sam just on a list of many,he didn't make the club a laughing stock like tan has,and for all his down sides,at least Sam listened to the fans and he knew how important the fans wanted to keep the blue

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:20 am

soulofthesea wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Remember, this board is very much a minority of supporters. Most supporters do not even know about what goes on EXCEPT what goes on on the pitch. And they couldn't care less about the rest of the politics.

spot on..have spoken to 8 friends all Cardiff tonite on the phone regarding going to Everton......nobody mentioned this circus thing or the statement,,which was a non event.............havent had a bunch of texts off jack fans either which is the norm if we have appointed a painter, changed colour, or the press have it their heads Tan thinks Marshall should score goals.
i do wish the club wouldnt issue statements though because it does create negative vibes on here.......what ever the statement might or might not say.
people in general do not think or see Cardiff as a laughing stock......in fact the last 10 or so years , year by year .people in my experience treat us as less of a joke............

Im not so sure I agree. This was the leading headline on BBC sport football and sites like F365 are reporting it negatively. I work and live in London and we are seen as a bit of a circus. Talking to fans of West Ham, Palace, Spurs, QPR etc all the time....it is always, what is going on now?! It is never about the players or performance.
I would also say that the real fans I know see us more of a laughing stock now since all the changes than they ever did. I've been lambasted by loads of fans of other teams for our fans meekly accepting the goings on at the club in the last 2/3 years.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:25 am

Is this a cultural thing or is it more sinister.

I find it hard to believe that any billionaire businessman would be clueless in media activity .

All very bizarre

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:
lockey1927 wrote:Trouble is, they cant go a few weeks without publicity.

Your right, as soon as we finally got our first league win and beat Norwich, Tan then said Ole is better than Malky :lol:

Tan seems to be like many other extremely wealthy people (Present company excepted ;) ) who is surrounded by terrified staff who's only function is to fawn and suck up to him. The trouble is that none of these people 1. Know Football. 2. Know Wales or our Culture. 3.They think money buys anything.
To start with I was sceptical but had no choice to accept it, now I feel that we have given this idiot and his cronies more than enough money and time, and all of the Tan disciples cannot see that the whole bloody football world is laughing at us, most of the worlds sport press is as well. Pundits think hes mad ,we think hes mad,.
What I learned today is that any season ticket refunds due to selling of unused season tkt will be given back in vouchers to use in the shop. I dont buy ANYTHING from the shop whilst it is owned by this man.

The pressure he has put Ole under is immense and I am sure he will be gone soon unfortunately.
Really thinking about not renewing this year and feel so sad about that. I cant believe how this man has disrespect us, our beloved Cardiff City. Our Country.............Im done now. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:53 pm

I can accept that Malkey messed up big style with Cornelius, but if we'd had an owner and a CEO who knew anything about football, a more robust case for signing him would have been required. There were no checks and measures in place, which is ridiculous when incurring that level of risk.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:I can accept that Malkey messed up big style with Cornelius, but if we'd had an owner and a CEO who knew anything about football, a more robust case for signing him would have been required. There were no checks and measures in place, which is ridiculous when incurring that level of risk.

I think you must take into account the Asian appetite for gambling as well.They really love to gamble.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:57 pm

It's like the village idiots at a Buckingham palace tea party is Franchise FC in the Premier league .... Roll on relegation

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:34 pm

carlccfc wrote:A time and a place.
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136167 :roll:

What purpose did today's statement serve? Other than being critical of Malky Mackay and Iain Moody transfer policy. Surely this type of statement belongs at the AGM and not when we are entering the final twelve games of our maiden Premier League season whilst battling against relegation.

There are divisions in our support, which we all know the reason why, no need for me to go over old ground but when the club should be trying its damnedest to unite our support it once again kicks itself square in the dangly bits.

On first reading the statement, my initial response was that it smacked of immaturity, my dad is bigger than your dad playground nonsense. At a shareholders meeting I would not have any issue about what was written as Vincent Tan, rightly or wrongly, felt that he could not trust Malky Mackay and Iain Moody to spend any more money.

If a statement or words of wisdom were needed then this one today was exactly the opposite of what is required.

Something along the lines of 'whatever your thoughts about Malky, Ole, the rebrand, the debt, the players, ticket prices, blah blah blah right now your club needs you! You are needed to get behind the players for each and every game until the end of season, we need to fight for survival and your support is critical. The time to discuss all other matters will be once the curtain has drawn on the 2013/14 season.'

Personally I don't think the club needed to say anything at all because if you got nothing good to say then say nothing at all.

Does Vincent Tan realise it doesn't matter how many people sit in Asia watching Cardiff City play, or how many punters buy a meal at Kenny Rogers Roasters, it is the supporters who attend the game that can have a positive affect on what happens on the pitch.

Why does Tan want to alienate supporters at a time when the manager would want to get every one of us behind the team and focus only on the team?

We, the supporters, will be here when Tan has long gone and I will support the team through every game we play and hopefully we will still be a Premier League club at the end of the season and I hope that by the time the Hull game comes, today's statement will be regarded as another piece in the growing line of ill timed and I'll judged gaffs by Lim or Tan and we as supporters focus on our team and support them in the quest for the points required to stay in the division.

After Sam Hamman statement today surely now is it time you wash your hands of a man
who obviously used you just to get closer to his money and is now saying anything wanted
by Tan yet has not said one word about blue. do you not feel betrayed?