Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it True?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:11 pm

That Cardiff City have made at least £60 Mill from Sky Tv by being in the Premier League and up to £250 mill from World Wide tv ?

If so Malky u naughty boy regarding Cornelius , even though Lim and Tan should get some of the blame as they were your bosses and over saw it all and the whole truth will come out, not just Tan spin.

By the way Sir Alex Ferguson, I'm sure in his reign made many mistakes even 25 years later, I wonder what mistakes he made in his earlier years Hmm

But thank you Malky for getting us to the Premier League :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Is it True?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Berbatov ?

How many in transfer fee and wages ? How much Fulham pay ?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:14 pm

Daya wrote:Berbatov ?

How many in transfer fee and wages ? How much Fulham pay ?

Steve, Only Malky makes mistakes according to all his back stabbers.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:16 pm

250 million from worldwide tv?? Is that right?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:18 pm

6 bysedd wrote:250 million from worldwide tv?? Is that right?

No

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Thats why I am asking the question, apparently Cardiff have been on live TV in the Far East every game and I was told today that figure, I dont know if its true?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Thats why I am asking the question, apparently Cardiff have been on live TV in the Far East every game and I was told today that figure, I dont know if its true?

First i've heard of that.And it's an amount of money that would be well publicized.I thought clubs relied on season ticket sales, merchandise and Sky TV.I could be wrong though.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:23 pm

I am more amazed than so many people will not admit Malky had a big part to say in the Cornelius debacle.

Unless someone else forced the player on Malky he made an awful decision.

Whether he should have been sacked is another issue but the Cornelius deal in isolation was mostly Malkys fault. Lim has a smaller part to play in not being stronger, but guaranteed the bipolar fans on her would be calling for Lima head if he stopped the transfer.

As Sam said if Mally was truthful with himself he would admit the part he played in it, but that won't help his claim against the club so I won't hold my breath

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:24 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

First i've heard of that.And it's an amount of money that would be well publicized.I thought clubs relied on season ticket sales, merchandise and Sky TV.I could be wrong though.

We certainly dont rely on sales of merchandise :lol:

As to the TV, I was shocked, but the person telling me this works in the Far East, I honestly dont know if its True? ?

Forever Blue wrote:

Its no secret Annis the revenue is going to come from out there.

The local money will keep the club ticketing over but the real prize is the Far East.

At first I had no problem with that as its was us and our Welsh identity that was being promoted. Cant say that now can we?

news to me too...........the clubs have kept it very quiet

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Absolutely no chance.

The £60m payment from the Premier League is inclusive of overseas tv rights. It doesn't matter how often you are on in the Far East.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Wayne S wrote:I am more amazed than so many people will not admit Malky had a big part to say in the Cornelius debacle.

Whether he should have been sacked is another issue but the Cornelius deal in isolation was mostly Malkys fault. Lim has a smaller part to play in not being stronger, but guaranteed the bipolar fans on her would be calling for Lima head if he stopped the transfer.

As Sam said if Mally was truthful with himself he would admit the part he played in it, but that won't help his claim against the club so I won't hold my breath

Wayne, Malky certainly did thats for sure.

But why is everyone forgetting all the good Malky did for our club?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:27 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cardiff City set up a unique deal last year in arranging their own TV deal in Malaysia. The FA sanctioned it because the club shared the money with all other clubs even though they did not have their games shown.

Now in the PL we have no such deal and all worldwide TV rights are sold in bulk we have no single deal and do not get £250 million.

I'd like to know where the rumour came from. Or whether its just another propaganda piece.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:28 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Absolutely no chance.

The £60m payment from the Premier League is inclusive of overseas tv rights. It doesn't matter how often you are on in the Far East.

NJ
If your right then this Wealthy Business man is talking a load of bollocks :thumbup:
I wanted to ask the question though as he seemed to know what he was on about.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:That Cardiff City have made at least £60 Mill from Sky Tv by being in the Premier League and up to £250 mill from World Wide tv ?

If so Malky u naughty boy regarding Cornelius , even though Lim and Tan should get some of the blame as they were your bosses and over saw it all and the whole truth will come out, not just Tan spin.

By the way Sir Alex Ferguson, I'm sure in his reign made many mistakes even 25 years later, I wonder what mistakes he made in his earlier years Hmm

But thank you Malky for getting us to the Premier League :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

£250m is nonsense Annis but when it comes to Sir Alex well he pissed away £m's on Jaun Sebastian Veron, Eric Djemba Djemba, Massimo Taibi, Dimitar Berbatov and Dong Fangzhou just to name a few.

:ole:

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Absolutely no chance.

NJ
If your right then this Wealthy Business man is talking a load of bollocks :thumbup:
I wanted to ask the question though as he seemed to know what he was on about.

He is indeed talking a load of bollocks :thumbup:

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:I am more amazed than so many people will not admit Malky had a big part to say in the Cornelius debacle.

The guy is an absolute club legend, no question and should not have even been sacked for a poor transfer deal, but a poor deal it was and he played a part.

The world wide TV rights are worth millions and millions , far more than the Sky TV rights.

Your Club Director Steve Borley has stated it many times on here and twitter.

Maybe someone can research and come up with an actual figure but I tell you what it's fooking far more than the loss on your Danish flop !!

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:30 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:That Cardiff City have made at least £60 Mill from Sky Tv by being in the Premier League and up to £250 mill from World Wide tv ?

£250m is nonsense Annis but when it comes to Sir Alex well he pissed away £m's on Jaun Sebastian Veron, Eric Djemba Djemba, Massimo Taibi, Dimitar Berbatov and Dong Fangzhou just to name a few.

:ole:

Cheers Gary, I know you know all the facts :thumbup: :thumbup:

What about the deal Tan did with Malaysia and the Far East putting out our Games live?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Daya wrote:

The world wide TV rights are worth millions and millions , far more than the Sky TV rights.

Maybe someone can research and come up with an actual figure but I tell you what it's fooking far more than the loss on your Danish flop !!

He has Steve, I thought I had read it some where as well Cheers.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:31 pm

So outside of Sky it's all free ??? Don't be f*cking silly now !!!

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The guy is an absolute club legend, no question and should not have even been sacked for a poor transfer deal, but a poor deal it was and he played a part.

Wayne :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Daya wrote:

World wide rights are massive Annis. Just think the good old USA alone on fox tv what that's worth. It ain't free !!!

Nothing in life is free Annis apart from fresh air you know that, that's why you never get a round in :-)

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:36 pm

£250 million.

Tans not so stupid then after all.
That's what the rebrand was all about.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:37 pm

Daya wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Daya wrote:

World wide rights are massive Annis. Just think the good old USA alone on fox tv what that's worth. It ain't free !!!

Nothing in life is free Annis apart from fresh air you know that, that's why you never get a round in :-)

Very True Steve, there has to be something in this Hmm I say.

But Tan has done a massive deal with Malaysia Tv over the last 2yrs, separate to SKY.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Hence why they try and close down the streams on the Internet !!!

The Premiership world wide revenue is fooking massive !!!!

And the Beatles didn't perform for free outside the UK funny enough if you get my drift !

Anyway even your Clubs directors have stated previous . But whatever it's far higher than a small compared loss on a Danish flop.

Truth is ..... Clubs don't in reality financially don't need a crowd no more .... That's just extra and add ons. Could be financially possible to play behind closed doors, in essence that's why today's fan often gets treated like shit.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:40 pm

I don't know how much revenue the club will be receiving from overseas deals but it will certainly be on top of the sky tv money which will give the club a minimum of £61m by the end of the season.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Daya wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Daya wrote:

But Tan has done a massive deal with Malaysia Tv over the last 2yrs, separate to SKY.

Trust me, there is absolutely nothing in this.

The overseas tv deal is a collective agreement and the money is shared equally between the 20 teams.

Tan can do as many tv deals as he likes, the Premier League own the rights for the screening of games, not the clubs.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Daya wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Daya wrote:

Malaysia TV just a small part of the equation.

When I'm in China you should see it in a sports bar when Man Utd play !!!!! Heaving and guess what it's not free !!!!