Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' 9 Games in and No improvement,But We '

Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:53 pm

How I feel after our latest home defeat to Championship side Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup.

Saturday 15th Feb 2014.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær has now been our manager for 9 games and in my opinion the only decent football Ive seen was against Villa home for 30 minutes, until Villa changed their tactics and came at us and we were lucky to get a point by the 90th minute, thanks once again to David Marshall.

Away at Manchester City away we gave it a real go. I wasnt at Newcastle, but the rest of the games for me have been very very poor.

Ole has brought 7 new players in and could of brought 11 in if he had wanted to.

Ole said the Jack game was really big to him and he knew what it meant, well all I can say is that game will haunt every Cardiff fan for years to come.

The FA CUP Ole said it is massive in Norway and to him he virtually said this is one of the biggest prizes of all and he was going all out to win this game v Wigan. Well Sorry Ole you got it totally wrong again.

Where is all this attacking football we were going to see?

I know I said I would wait 12 games and hopefully I should have and I can eat my words.

Ole is a gentleman and he seems a sincere person and means well, but to me he is naive and totally out of his depth and I honestly feel so low at this moment.

At the end of the day, fans pay their hard earned money and want results, not fancy talk and promises.

Ole has brought in the players he wanted and has still got time thankfully on his hands and it is still all there to play for in the League.

Yes Ive said my feelings and opinions and it might upset many, but it does not look good to me.

BUT, We can still do it,as Ive said after previous games, all is not lost. We have Hull City home next Saturday and the next home game after Fulham home, there is No if or buts, We have to Win both games. There is no more feeling sorry for ourselves, if we lose these type of games, we then deserve to go down.

Hull City, Ole and his players are going to attack you not for just 30 minutes, like we savaged Villa, but for 90 minutes and if we do that, the 3pts will be ours.

There is still hope and All to play for, with Hull City and Fulham home to come, win them and all will change :thumbup:

Re: ' 9 Games in and No improvement,But We '

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:14 pm

We should have gone for a Beilsa type manager.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:21 pm

We don't stand a chance with Jimmy krankie in charge, nothing I've seen leads me to believe he's gonna guide us to safety

He could talk the knickers off a nun but is he the man for a relegation battle, no f*cking way

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:30 pm

The problem we have always had this season is we have no goal scorers. We also have had serious problems at both rb and lb which is contributing to a number of goals conceded.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:45 pm

OGS is preparing for the Championship.

Can you honestly judge him on the 9 games?

Bearing in mind who we have faced?

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:54 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We should have gone for a Beilsa type manager.

Do you mean Marcelo Bielsa or a manager in the mould of Marcelo Bielsa? I'd have thought he's too wise to work for Vincent Tan.

Fulham's appointment of Felix Magath could be the catalyst they need to climb out of the bottom 3 like when they appointed Roy Hodgson a few years ago. That's a very experienced man who has history of going in to troubled clubs and turning them around. It's tight down at the foot of the table and I don't think OGS has done anywhere near enough. A good cup run could've lifted Cardiff and inspired some league form.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:59 pm

peoffrey - mcfc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:We should have gone for a Beilsa type manager.

Do you mean Marcelo Bielsa or a manager in the mould of Marcelo Bielsa? I'd have thought he's too wise to work for Vincent Tan.

Fulham's appointment of Felix Magath could be the catalyst they need to climb out of the bottom 3 like when they appointed Roy Hodgson a few years ago. That's a very experienced man who has history of going in to troubled clubs and turning them around. It's tight down at the foot of the table and I don't think OGS has done anywhere near enough. A good cup run could've lifted Cardiff and inspired some league form.

Yep and very true guys like him don't need the Vincent Tans of this world.

Personally I can't see any manager worth his salt wanting to work with Tan.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Annis I have seen nothing in our squad to stay in the Premiership. We have lacked goals all season and a defence that is prone to falling asleep in matches.

To be honest I have not enjoyed this season at all. The sacking of MM and all the bad press has made me despair of the club I have loved for over 55 years.Mr Tan has killed the tradition and taken away our identity. Yes he has put in millions but he is detested by the majority of true fans.

Personally I can't see us staying up but I'm sure next year we will be up there again. Players will go but they are poor in a league of quality so Oli needs to get all the dross out and bring in players that will be good enough if and when we gain promotion.

We kept to many Championship players And we are playing the penalty.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:How I feel after our latest home defeat to Championship side Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup.

Saturday 15th Feb 2014.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær has now been our manager for 9 games and in my opinion the only decent football Ive seen was against Villa home for 30 minutes, until Villa changed their tactics and came at us and we were lucky to get a point by the 90th minute, thanks once again to David Marshall.

Away at Manchester City away we gave it a real go. I wasnt at Newcastle, but the rest of the games for me have been very very poor.

Ole has brought 7 new players in and could of brought 11 in if he had wanted to.

Ole said the Jack game was really big to him and he knew what it meant, well all I can say is that game will haunt every Cardiff fan for years to come.

The FA CUP Ole said it is massive in Norway and to him he virtually said this is one of the biggest prizes of all and he was going all out to win this game v Wigan. Well Sorry Ole you got it totally wrong again.

I know I said I would wait 12 games and hopefully I should have and I can eat my words.

Ole is a gentleman and he seems a sincere person and means well, but to me he is naive and totally out of his depth and I honestly feel so low at this moment.

At the end of the day, fans pay their hard earned money and want results, not fancy talk and promises.

Ole has brought in the players he wanted and has still got time thankfully on his hands and it is still all there to play for in the League.

Yes Ive said my feelings and opinions and it might upset many, but it does not look good to me.

BUT, We can still do it,as Ive said after previous games, all is not lost. We have Hull City home next Saturday and the next home game after Fulham home, there is No if or buts, We have to Win both games. There is no more feeling sorry for ourselves, if we lose these type of games, we then deserve to go down.

Hull City, Ole and his players are going to attack you not for just 30 minutes, like we savaged Villa, but for 90 minutes and if we do that, the 3pts will be ours.

There is still hope and All to play for, with Hull City and Fulham home to come, win them and all will change :thumbup:

Question for you, honest answer please mate.

Do you really see how you will beat Hull and how you will do it ? - cant see it myself, think they will win 0-2

As for Fulham, they can put together good football, new manager in now ( again ) they go forward well with Parker driving the play , to me that ones 1-2 Do and how do you see different ?

Just can't see it, if you can't beat Wigan at home and reading the reports were very poor how on earth are you going to beat teams from the Premiership alo fighting for survival and probably playing better football than you, Fulham draw at OT and unlucky not to beat Liverpool ------ CCS shouldn't be too hard for them.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:28 pm

AJ1927 wrote:OGS is preparing for the Championship.

Can you honestly judge him on the 9 games?

Bearing in mind who we have faced?

AJ, So u have already admitted were down?

I said before, I will fully Judge Ole on 12 games.

When u say what weve faced, we have faced in the last 9 games, the best,midd table Prem,relegation Prem and mediocre Championship teams. :thumbup:

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:37 pm

If anyone thinks OGS will be here when we are in the championship, they need to lay off the drink

f*cking :ole: :ole: :ole: do me a favour. Malky any day

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Of course we can beat hull and Fulham. The problem is Ole is trying to get us to play completely the opposite to Malky, this will take time that we don't have. Annis you haven't liked Ole from the start, you was the same with Dave Jones.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:40 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Annis I have seen nothing in our squad to stay in the Premiership. We have lacked goals all season and a defence that is prone to falling asleep in matches.

To be honest I have not enjoyed this season at all. The sacking of MM and all the bad press has made me despair of the club I have loved for over 55 years.Mr Tan has killed the tradition and taken away our identity. Yes he has put in millions but he is detested by the majority of true fans.

Personally I can't see us staying up but I'm sure next year we will be up there again. Players will go but they are poor in a league of quality so Oli needs to get all the dross out and bring in players that will be good enough if and when we gain promotion.

We kept to many Championship players And we are playing the penalty.

Grampy,
What started as a great exciting season, rebrand aside, turned in to a fiasco thanks to Tan. I dont Blame Ole for all the doom and gloom, one man is to blame Tan.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:42 pm

I said this after Man U and got hammered. It's a big step from Norway to the premiership. Should have got Tony Pulis. Knows how to keep teams up hence he's never been relegated. Today was the worst I've seen for a long time.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:44 pm

We have let Tan win. He has divided and conquered the fans. Instead of coming together of the fight we all are in the red corner or blue corner, Malky or ole corner, tan or Malky corner and it's this division that will hurt the club more.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:47 pm

Daya wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:How I feel after our latest home defeat to Championship side Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup.

Saturday 15th Feb 2014.

Question for you, honest answer please mate.

Do you really see how you will beat Hull and how you will do it ? - cant see it myself, think they will win 0-2

As for Fulham, they can put together good football, new manager in now ( again ) they go forward well with Parker driving the play , to me that ones 1-2 Do and how do you see different ?

Just can't see it, if you can't beat Wigan at home and reading the reports were very poor how on earth are you going to beat teams from the Premiership alo fighting for survival and probably playing better football than you, Fulham draw at OT and unlucky not to beat Liverpool ------ CCS shouldn't be too hard for them.

Steve,
Honestly,I am just hoping and trying to believe Ole can finally get his tactics right and his team selection right. :thumbup:

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Ackers wrote:We have let Tan win. He has divided and conquered the fans. Instead of coming together of the fight we all are in the red corner or blue corner, Malky or ole corner, tan or Malky corner and it's this division that will hurt the club more.

Totally agree. Sadly that's what our club has come to.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:51 pm

You are absolutely right Annis.

IMO Malky should never have been sacked and under him we had the best chance of staying in this division. I'm not saying we are already relegated but it's a massive uphill struggle from here.

I'm not blaming OGS either. .... for me the blame falls solely at the feet of one megalomaniac whose name I will not mention. Management comes from the top and this clown has chosen to f**k it up every time.

I will not be renewing my season ticket for next year, and refuse to purchase another one until this egotistical, petty minded, tyrannical buffoon leaves MY club.

If he wants money, he's no longer having any of mine.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:00 pm

I said at the start, no one is going to do a much better job than Malky.

There is more to all this and I dont know what. We have a decent team but cannot seem to gel ?

But I also believe that we won a poor championship by scrapping out games. Well you cant do that in the prem.

Then I honestly believe Malky panic bought, mainly because of pressure from tan probably.

I think we will get relegated and that is fine, my only worry is, will we lose too much money to push to go straight back up ??

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Ole has tried to change too much, tactics and fringe players are all New and not clicking. We haven't looked like a team with any heart or organisation since malky got sacked., for malkys industrious style of football given funds in Jan he could have built more and got the full season that he truely deserved . We're playing worse football than ever

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:09 pm

Does anyone think that the 7 players Ole brought in has improved our squad?..Out of the 7, only Daehli has impressed me, the rest are no better than the players already here..
The 2 teams that went up with us have done better business in the transfer market than us, and will probably finish above us, sadly.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:You are absolutely right Annis.

IMO Malky should never have been sacked and under him we had the best chance of staying in this division. I'm not saying we are already relegated but it's a massive uphill struggle from here.

I'm not blaming OGS either. .... for me the blame falls solely at the feet of one megalomaniac whose name I will not mention. Management comes from the top and this clown has chosen to f**k it up every time.

I will not be renewing my season ticket for next year, and refuse to purchase another one until this egotistical, petty minded, tyrannical buffoon leaves MY club.

Ive seen you down the City for countless years and its sad to read, but your right on everything u say.

Sadly the Dictator Tan is wrecking our club and the Tan followers need to open their eyes, so us fans can unite.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:17 pm

wkdblue wrote:Does anyone think that the 7 players Ole brought in has improved our squad?..Out of the 7, only Daehli has impressed me, the rest are no better than the players already here..
The 2 teams that went up with us have done better business in the transfer market than us, and will probably finish above us, sadly.

I am starting to think the same, but I will give it a few more matches.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:18 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:I said at the start, no one is going to do a much better job than Malky.

There is more to all this and I dont know what. We have a decent team but cannot seem to gel ?

But I also believe that we won a poor championship by scrapping out games. Well you cant do that in the prem.

Then I honestly believe Malky panic bought, mainly because of pressure from tan probably.

I think we will get relegated and that is fine, my only worry is, will we lose too much money to push to go straight back up ??

It`s bloody hard to get out of the championship, fans who think we`ll go straight back up are deluded..

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:18 pm

nubbsy wrote:Ole has tried to change too much, tactics and fringe players are all New and not clicking. We haven't looked like a team with any heart or organisation since malky got sacked., for malkys industrious style of football given funds in Jan he could have built more and got the full season that he truely deserved . We're playing worse football than ever

:thumbup:

I have to agree :thumbup:

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:34 pm

Like I keep saying (my opinion only)!!!! He is the wrong man and has brought in the wrong players for a relegation FIGHT!!! Coz that is what it is, a scrap until the end!!!!
You all moaned about Malky's tactics and that we are boring etc, but he was picking up points (slowly but surely)!! We should have kept him until the end of the season and I think we may have just stayed up, we could have brought in OGS and his players to push on next season. Zaha, Jones and fabio in ain't up for fight at all and are soooo lazy.
I Just hope to god they all prove me wrong!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Port Talbot Bluebird 1983 wrote:Like I keep saying (my opinion only)!!!! He is the wrong man and has brought in the wrong players for a relegation FIGHT!!! Coz that is what it is, a scrap until the end!!!!
You all moaned about Malky's tactics and that we are boring etc, but he was picking up points (slowly but surely)!! We should have kept him until the end of the season and I think we may have just stayed up, we could have brought in OGS and his players to push on next season. Zaha, Jones and fabio in ain't up for fight at all and are soooo lazy.

I Never ever moaned about Malky. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:44 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:You are absolutely right Annis.

I have to agree 100% with this to be honest and like you I WON'T be renewing my season ticket!!!
The football club I have supported all my life is no longer!! unfortunately. I haven't enjoyed going all season and not just because of Tan either, our fans have turned into some of the worst around and are so fickle!!!! There are people around me in the Canton who haven't got a clue about football and just go to the game to moan for 90mins, I could stay in my home and have less moaning from the wife!!!
Sorry to everyone for the constant moaning but I have had it with it all now and have had a tit full!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:46 pm

Zaha,jones,Fabio, never going to keep us up this was supposed to be the best season Ever... It's turning in to be a fukin nightmare... Not the club I started supporting in 1990.. Modern football stinks :sad7:

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:47 pm

Port Talbot Bluebird 1983 wrote:Like I keep saying (my opinion only)!!!! He is the wrong man and has brought in the wrong players for a relegation FIGHT!!! Coz that is what it is, a scrap until the end!!!!

Foreign owners are a curse mate, you got to give the manager that got you promoted at least a whole season, and then judge him..