Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I CAN'T SEE US ESCAPING NOW

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Disappointed doesn't come close to how I am feeling tonight. :cry:

Today was a game that I felt we could not lose if we hope to stay in the Premier League, I wrote in my Echo column this morning that a defeat would be critical to our survival chances but we weren't just defeated, we were hammered.

I really do believe that we will be relegated now.

The owner took the decision to replace Malky and there are many fans on here who were pleased to see Malky leave but under Mackay we were always competitive, even if the style of play weren't pretty, we were never hammered and out of a game like we were today.

I have a little sympathy for Solskjaer, you cannot blame him for coming into a Premier League club who had a decent chance of survival, Ole took an opportunity that was offered to him but defensively we have gone backwards under him.

For all those who worry about where the goals are coming from, my first concern is the defensive steeliness we had a few months ago has disappeared and today it culminated in the heavy defeat.

What I find hard to take is the fact that I probably watched some of best football of the season in the first half but individual errors were punished time and time again.

I have always been considered as an optimistic person but I am being realistic when I say I think we are doomed for relegation.

I want nothing more than to be so wrong and it will be monumental if we manage somehow to stay up but nevertheless I will continue to support the team no matter what.

Somebody said to me on the way out of the stadium that " knowing City we will probably go to Spurs and win " and he may very well be right but if we are not beating the sides around us, especially at home, I cannot see how we can get out of relegation.

Re: I CAN'T SEE US ESCAPING NOW

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Will the price drop if we drop down

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:Disappointed doesn't come close to how I am feeling tonight. :cry:

Today was a game that I felt we could not lose if we hope to stay in the Premier League, I wrote in my Echo column this morning that a defeat would be critical to our survival chances but we weren't just defeated, we were hammered.

The owner took the decision to replace Malky and there are many fans on here who were pleased to see Malky leave but under Mackay we were always competitive, even if the style of play weren't pretty, we were never hammered and out of a game like we were today.

I have a little sympathy for Solskjaer, you cannot blame him for coming into a Premier League club who had a decent chance of survival, Ole took an opportunity that was offered to him but defensively we have gone backwards under him.

For all those who worry about where the goals are coming from, my first concern is the defensive steeliness we had a few months ago has disappeared and today it culminated in the heavy defeat.

What I find hard to take is the fact that I probably watched some of best football of the season in the first half but individual errors were punished time and time again.

I have always been considered as an optimistic person but I am being realistic when I say I think we are doomed for relegation.

I want nothing more than to be so wrong and it will be monumental if we manage somehow to stay up but nevertheless I will continue to support the team no matter what.

Somebody said to me on the way out of the stadium that " knowing City we will probably go to Spurs and win " and he may very well be right but if we are not beating the sides around us, especially at home, I cannot see how we can get out of relegation.

I CAN'T SEE US ESCAPING NOW
I couldnt see it a month ago carl let alone now.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:48 pm

I agree mate.
We're all pissed off with that

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Malky took the work ethic, never say died attitude and grittiness with him.

We are going down.

:( :( :( :(

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Still a lot of points to play for. Hope is stronger than fear :old:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:51 pm

What defensive steeliness? We have been a shambles at the back all season. 2nd worse defensive record under Malky and no better under OGS at the moment.
Last edited by CraigCCFC on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:52 pm

We are down under Ole, and sadly I don't think his style of play is going to do well in the Championship either. He seems to have no idea how to set up a team or grind out a result!

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:54 pm

12thMan wrote:Malky took the work ethic, never say died attitude and grittiness with him.

We are going down.

:( :( :( :(

The irony of your nick and your post made my day! Thanx! :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:54 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:What defensive steeliness? We have been a shambles at the back all season. "nd worse defensive record under Malky and no better under OGS at the moment.

Craig we lost many times under Malky, that is there for all to see, but from a score perspective we were always in nearly every game until the final whistle.

We were battered today at home, humiliated at Swansea, defensively we have gone backwards.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:55 pm

We are down and deserve it. We have had our heart ripped out and it shows. No fight on or off the field. Most supporters want us to go down to get our colour back so don't back the side. Hopefully this will come true because if we go down again and tan sticks around, we will be in the same boat next season too.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:58 pm

Carl when everybody on here was saying we need to beat the teams around us, I was saying that this game would be one of our toughest!! Never thought it would be that tough though....
Still think we can stay up as there are at least 4 other sides that are just as shite as us.
Saying that it's difficult to see where 1. We will get the goals and 2. How we are going to stop the goals going in at our end......

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:58 pm

We are just not scoring our chances we created more than hull today but our players are not up to the task of putting the ball in the net ole must be pulling his hair out

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:59 pm

I'll still be Cardiff.
You'll still be Cardiff
We'll still be Cardiff

And thats all that matters.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:59 pm

wez1927 wrote:We are just not scoring our chances we created more than hull today but our players are not up to the task of putting the ball in the net ole must be pulling his hair out

We I understand the argument about the Lack of goals but doesn't the defence worry you ?

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:00 pm

I've felt for sometime now Carl that we were destined for relegation this season and for me the responsibility lies with VT as he was the one who pressed the selfdestruct button. Yes MM & IM made mistakes in the transfer market, but that happens, and are nothing compared to the mistakes VT has made in dealing with the fallout from all that.

This yes man of a Chairman he has put in place has made a bigger mistake with appointing OGS, probably a mistake which will cost £60m+, and compared to MM & IM appointing a "Celebrity" manager rather than an experienced PL manager will cost us our PL place.

My concern now is that we will drop straight through the Championship because the players OGS has brought into the club "ALL" look lightweight to me and will be eaten alive in the Championship.

OGS talked yesterday about how many points were needed to keep us in the PL but right now I'm thinking how many will save us from the ignominy of finishing bottom this season.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:03 pm

We are down and Malky, Tan, Ole are ALL to blame.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:03 pm

All i can say is unlucky your down back to the championship....maybe now you realise that swansea city are the number 1 team in wales.....if you had the injuries that we had you would have been doomed months ago and dont forget we are in the europa league did you watch the napoli game thats how to play football

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:We are just not scoring our chances we created more than hull today but our players are not up to the task of putting the ball in the net ole must be pulling his hair out

We I understand the argument about the Lack of goals but doesn't the defence worry you ?

It's worried me all season but if we took our chances in the first half maybe we wouldn't be chasing the game so much ,so gaps wouldn't appear there is another 5 team's around us who are shit and we got to play 4 of them we got to beat Fulham ,palace ,Sunderland ,

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:09 pm

griff105 wrote:I'll still be Cardiff.
You'll still be Cardiff
We'll still be Cardiff

And thats all that matters.

End off mate simple :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Another Jack on a Cardiff forum. It's Saturday night, shouldn't you be balls deep in you're sister or is it your dads turn tonight??

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:10 pm

carlccfc wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:What defensive steeliness? We have been a shambles at the back all season. "nd worse defensive record under Malky and no better under OGS at the moment.

Craig we lost many times under Malky, that is there for all to see, but from a score perspective we were always in nearly every game until the final whistle.

We were battered today at home, humiliated at Swansea, defensively we have gone backwards.

Doesn't matter how we lose, it's the same number of points. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:Disappointed doesn't come close to how I am feeling tonight. :cry:

The defensive qualities of Malky were a myth Carl. We had a good first 8 games where many teams had not had the chance to see us play but once we had been Sussed we started to spial downwards and were three down by halftime in malkys last 2 games .
We can point fingers at Malky ole or tan but the reality is once again after two transfer windows since promotion we put put a championship quality midfield.
As I said in an earlier thread after those two windows we are starting with cowie in central midfield which is very poor in my opinion

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:13 pm

jackswan wrote:All i can say is unlucky your down back to the championship....maybe now you realise that swansea city are the number 1 team in wales.....if you had the injuries that we had you would have been doomed months ago and dont forget we are in the europa league did you watch the napoli game thats how to play football

You are right swansea are the best side in wales. The sooner we go down and re group as a club the sooner we can chase you down.

A lot of our supporters want to go down because of Tan, so are happy to sit in silence and watch the team get thumped.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

It's worried me all season but if we took our chances in the first half maybe we wouldn't be chasing the game so much ,so gaps wouldn't appear there is another 5 team's around us who are shit and we got to play 4 of them we got to beat Fulham ,palace ,Sunderland ,

its our all round play thats the problem, we conceded most goals 1st half than any other team scoredthe least as well! today we played well but jones was absolutely awfull and why the heck we cannot shoot 1st time i will never know, hull did twice and scored twice! we take about 3 touches before ready to shoot result shot blocked, :old:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:24 pm

Any truth in Zaha Bellamy bust up?

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:28 pm

It's felt like a relegation season from the start. The Man City game was a one-off.

The whole club is badly out of its depth. The owner knows nothing about football, and both managers have been out of their depth. Even Dalman, the only sane voice on the board, can't cope at this level. Same probably goes for us fans. We really did not know what to expect. It's certainly been worse than I feared, and I'm no optimist with Cardiff City.

For the rest of the season, we might as well play as many of the Championship winners as possible. We're going down now, but at least those lads will put in a shift. They might not be good enough, but neither are the new additions.

Where do we go from here? Tan has ripped the heart out of the club, and if we're to even survive in the Championship we need to re-discover our identity and soul. Back to blue, and get a proven Championship manager in. OGS will be on his way sooner rather than later. Otherwise, we could well go straight through, like the Wolves.

As for this trip to Dubai, or whereverit is, just cancel it. No point now. Get them training on dogshit park. Never did Joe Dwyer any harm.

Relegation is part of football, and most of us have seen more than we care to remember. At least we will get more midweek games next season, price increase notwithstanding!

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:31 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Any truth in Zaha Bellamy bust up?

What have you heard?

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:39 pm

West Ham - 2 conceded
Swansea - 3 conceded
Hull - 4 conceded
Villa - 0 conceded

These 4 games we had down as ones we should be looking to win... And we didn't score a single goal in any of them, which is an absolute disgrace.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:42 pm