Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whats the first bit of casual clobber ypu bought?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:05 pm

I was in Form 4 at Llanishen high.(1984) Burberry Golfer , along with farah's and Puma Dallas

A few weeks later I ventured into Woodies and purchased an Emporio Armani Jumper (which Io still have) for £35.00

Pavilion clothing had only just opened and I proceeded to there and was hoodwinked into buying a Marc O polo sweatshirt and chipie jeans ....

I also bought adidas ZX 250's a few months later. I used to hang about outside Olympus Sports on a Satuday posing with my casual clobber!
I thought I was the bees Knees , and still get a buzz out of buying nice clobber!

Re: Whats the first bit of casual clobber ypu bought?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:10 pm

Joff wrote:I was in Form 4 at Llanishen high.(1984) Burberry Golfer , along with farah's and Puma Dallas

A few weeks later I ventured into Woodies and purchased an Emporio Armani Jumper (which Io still have) for £35.00

Pavilion clothing had only just opened and I proceeded to there and was hoodwinked into buying a Marc O polo sweatshirt and chipe jeans ....

I also bought addidas ZX 250's a few months later. I used to hang abouty outside Olympus Sports on a Satuday posing with my casual clobber!
I thought I was the bees Knees , and still get a buzz out of buying nice clobber!

I was 13 yrs old, Pringle Jumper, bleached jeans and Adidas Trim Tram, I had to keep up with all the older ones lol in 1978.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Love my clobber I do LOL

First items I can remember was a Burberry cap (how original) late 90's LOL

I do sell clobber so if interested pm me Lyle & Scott in currently

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:06 pm

A lemon coloured Lacoste Jumper from Lacoste in Puerto Banus back in 1986.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:A lemon coloured Lacoste Jumper from Lacoste in Puerto Banus back in 1986.

Was`it cheaper than Cardiff prices ?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:26 pm

Lois cords, Priongle jumper with a Lyle and Scott roll neck. Took me fecking ages to save for that lot, must have been 15 :lol:

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Joff wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:A lemon coloured Lacoste Jumper from Lacoste in Puerto Banus back in 1986.

Was`it cheaper than Cardiff prices ?

From memory it was less than half price.......

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:05 pm

Blue (obviously) Beetle crushers and a tweed jacket.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Blue and yellow pringle Jumper and Jumbo cords, dont think they were Lois though!!! Can also remember saving up to buy the blue Patrick Cagoule

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:14 pm

adidas jeans up in blackwood around 87....gazelles from somewhere in convent garden
ball jeans and chipie dungarees (what was i thinking... :lol: ) from woodies.....cost me a bomb back then too :roll:

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:37 pm

patrick cagoule was my first about 81ish then austin reed on a sunday night

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:08 am

elliott wrote:patrick cagoule was my first about 81ish then austin reed on a sunday night

ha ha I rem the Sunday night raids on Austin Reeds :lol:

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:56 am

Blue, aqua and white striped Fila t-shirt from Guildford (I was shitting myself about telling my mum that, at 14, I'd spent £35 on a single t-shirt!), adidas cagoul (the best colour, burgundy, grey and navy blue) and a pair of adidas Grand Prix, bought on a school trip to Belgium. We also bought some properly loud bangers on that rrip, too, but the teachers weren't too happy when our bus got searched and those confiscated, but didn't that happen on every school's trips to Belgium or France? :lol:

Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:52 am

Fashion, my arse!! You lot will be talking about make up and what hairstyles you've had next.. just stick to the football like us Real men :lol:

Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:14 pm

i agree with elliot on this 1 patrick gagole from olumpus an ellesse tennis t shirt cost 35 notes which was heavy bac then also g. villas trainers ,, actully ave new pair of g. villas now lol, an yes austin reed an jothans after dark !

Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:34 pm

A pair of Wranglers and a pair of cherry red Dr Martens (Oct 1972 my first 3 months wages) !!!!! God i'm old :D

Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:05 pm

The Blue 'Knows' wrote:Fashion, my arse!! You lot will be talking about make up and what hairstyles you've had next.. just stick to the football like us Real men :lol:

Still wearing that donkey jacket then, mate :lol: