Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HEARTBREAKING,BUT WE DESERVED TO GO DOWN AND

Sat May 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Heartbreaking but we deserved to go down and what really worries me is,unless a real football man over shadows our club, I fear our club will free fall .

I travelled today with the loyal 1,200 plus Cardiff fans on a 12hr round trip knowing we needed a miracle to stay up but while there was a chance there was always hope.

We played today a Newcastle team currently bottom of the form table likewise when we played Sunderland 6 days ago who were bottom of the league with the worst home record in the Premier League. Travelling up most of us thought we were down anyway but we all thought we could snatch a win today as Newcastle themselves are in disarray.

Once again Ole changed the formation but what worries me, after 21 games including the cup games I don't think ole himself knows his best team, in many ways I feel sorry for Ole he has come into a club with so many expectations I feel he wasn't ready for this job and is so naive and with so much to learn, I feel the job was too big for him.

It took 28 minutes for us to have a shot on target by that time Marshall had already made one spectacular save and a couple of good saves, maybe Solksjaer should have put his boots on, he couldn't have done any worse than the other 10 men out there. I honestly could not say one player other than Marshall could actually deserve praise.

I don't know why but at half time some of us had belief we could turn the game around because Newcastle themselves were so poor but the longer the game went on we started to look clueless and when the second goal went in I could see the players had given up and that hurt.

I was proud of our fans though and our fans continued to sing for 90 minutes. :bluescarf:

On the 60th and 69th minute Newcastle fans walked out and the joke was said if their team walked out with them would we score then ?

By the 90th minute it was 3-0 to Newcastle and it wouldn't have mattered if it had been 10, those players have been paid, over paid in my opinion and have let us down drastically and from the top to the bottom of the club they must all take responsibility.

What hurts the most of this season is the club has gone down without a fight and week after week we have been hammered in the last few months of the season.

We are travelling home now with fans heads in their hands, we are hurting but I keep my reminding myself we have had worse times than these and come June I will once again be excited to see the fixture list.

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: HEARTBREAKING,BUT WE DESERVED TO GO DOWN AND

Sat May 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Spot on in most of that.

But we don't know if some of the players have picked up injuries or a little knock so that's why he might change the team.

I think you've actually give an honest and fair opinion on Ole than previous posts.

We need to let him put a stamp on his own team and what he wants to do in the summer and give him the chance.

Sat May 03, 2014 5:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Heartbreaking but we deserved to go down and what really worries me is,unless a real football man over shadows our club, I fear our club will free fall .

I travelled today with the loyal 1,200 plus Cardiff fans on a 12hr round trip knowing we needed a miracle to stay up but while there was a chance there was always hope.

We played today a Newcastle team currently bottom of the form table likewise when we played Sunderland 6 days ago who were bottom of the league with the worst home record in the Premier League. Travelling up most of us thought we were down anyway but we all thought we could snatch a win today as Newcastle themselves are in disarray.

Once again Ole changed the formation but what worries me, after 21 games including the cup games I don't think ole himself knows his best team, in many ways I feel sorry for Ole he has come into a club with so many expectations I feel he wasn't ready for this job and is so naive and with so much to learn, I feel the job was too big for him.

It took 28 minutes for us to have a shot on target by that time Marshall had already made one spectacular save and a couple of good saves, maybe Solksjaer should have put his boots on, he couldn't have done any worse than the other 10 men out there. I honestly could not say one player other than Marshall could actually deserve praise.

I don't know why but at half time some of us had belief we could turn the game around because Newcastle themselves were so poor but the longer the game went on we started to look clueless and when the second goal went in I could see the players had given up and that hurt.

I was proud of our fans though and our fans continued to sing for 90 minutes. :bluescarf:

On the 60th and 69th minute Newcastle fans walked out and the joke was said if their team walked out with them would we score then ?

By the 90th minute it was 3-0 to Newcastle and it wouldn't have mattered if it had been 10, those players have been paid, over paid in my opinion and have let us down drastically and from the top to the bottom of the club they must all take responsibility.

What hurts the most of this season is the club has gone down without a fight and week after week we have been hammered in the last few months of the season.

We are travelling home now with fans heads in their hands, we are hurting but I keep my reminding myself we have had worse times than these and come June I will once again be excited to see the fixture list.

image.jpg

just to say annis a few players were out ill

Sat May 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Huge respect to the loyal fans who travelled today. This is my 7th relegation as a ccfc fan and it hurts the least. Reason is tan has ripped heart out of club due to rebrand. Let's hope he leaves us and we can go back to blue

Sat May 03, 2014 5:31 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
We need to let him put a stamp on his own team and what he wants to do in the summer and give him the chance.

The problem I have with this is can we afford to as I honestly have not seen anything from Ole to give me confidence.

Some will say we were in downfall under Malky so had to bring in someone. Well if that was the case I would have expected the least to see some improvement but we have seen the opposite. In my world if you don't perform you are out because no one should be carried.

Some will say Ole should be allowed a transfer window. I can only agree that if I am confident in the person else its a risk and could go horrible wrong. At this moment I can only see it being a disaster.

Sat May 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Relegation is not a nice word, but am I the only one who is actually feeling a bit relieved?
We have never looked like a premier league side and are light years away from even sides just above the drop zone. Just nowhere near enough quality, which has been embarrassing ALL season given just how much money was spent.
Serious regroup needed and if we get back up, we MUST do better transfer business.

Sat May 03, 2014 5:34 pm

You say these things week after week
So give us your team that ole should have picked today
The formation wasn't changed although players were
Cala for turner forced
John for ktc ?
Kim for cowie not many wanted cowie last week
Medel for gunnerson?
So come on name your team
Oops forgot zaha for daelhi :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat May 03, 2014 5:37 pm

Fair play to the fans that traveled up again great support. I agree with what you have said but to be honest it never felt good being promoted ans the entire season has been a shambles.

The club has to be run in the right way from the top and for me that is the problem the club is a big mess.

Something has to be done but the worry is while tan is in charge we are doomed I really dont see any change from him at all

All answers lie with tan but if he changes things ill eat my hat.

A cock up and one man takes all the blame .

If a player came of as a sub and he took his top off and through it on the floor there would be uproar tan through every shirt in the bin and has totally distableised the club.

Tan is to blame for me

Sat May 03, 2014 5:38 pm

I watched the game and the best side lost, never three nil. You were doomed when Tan sacked Malky, and employed someone who's only managed the equivalent of TNS.

Sat May 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Fair play to the fans that traveled up again great support. I agree with what you have said but to be honest it never felt good being promoted ans the entire season has been a shambles.

The club has to be run in the right way from the top and for me that is the problem the club is a big mess.

Something has to be done but the worry is while tan is in charge we are doomed I really dont see any change from him at all

All answers lie with tan but if he changes things ill eat my hat.

A cock up and one man takes all the blame .

If a player came of as a sub and he took his top off and through it on the floor there would be uproar tan through every shirt in the bin and has totally distableised the club.

Tan is to blame for me

Sat May 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

The problem I have with this is can we afford to as I honestly have not seen anything from Ole to give me confidence.

Some will say we were in downfall under Malky so had to bring in someone. Well if that was the case I would have expected the least to see some improvement but we have seen the opposite. In my world if you don't perform you are out because no one should be carried.

Some will say Ole should be allowed a transfer window. I can only agree that if I am confident in the person else its a risk and could go horrible wrong. At this moment I can only see it being a disaster.

Well he has the manager needs to look at players he want to see go, then there's players who are under some serious wages which are too big for a Championship player which we kind of HAVE to get rid of.

I ain't exactly the huge Ole fan I might give across but I am willing to give him the chance and I understand that I don't think anything would of kept us up.

We got some really top youngsters who I think need to be given the chance.

I have seen glimpses of what Ole can do, obviously you got 6 months against some of the best teams in the UK to implement what you want to do against which is very difficult.

I am excited by what we will do next season with the team and Ole. At least he has time and pre season games to actually look at different things he wants to do.

I can see where your coming from mind you, I just look at the players like Harris, Ralls, possibly maybe Kiss? Maynard and Mason also to have a actual proper playing season with us.

Sat May 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Heartbreaking but we deserved to go down and what really worries me is,unless a real football man over shadows our club, I fear our club will free fall .

image.jpg

What really concerns me is this. OGS has not made any progress since he walked through the doors, Granted they aren't his players, however, surely by now we would have at least an idea of what he is trying to do? Yet, I still don't see it, we aren't really that attack minded and our defence is always all at sea. So, is it really worth progressing with OGS, are we the club for him even. He was unproven in British football management when he got here and is probably even more so. I'm not sure the club can experiment like this, I don't think we have the luxury of being OGSs training school. I really was hoping that over his time here OGS would show us a glimmer of managerial talent, even if we went down, but I'm really not convinced that he has it. It is very worrying and a gamble that I don't think the club can take, especially when there are many managers out there who have tons of experience.

Sat May 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Annis, that is one glum picture and you write some good comments there :cry:

The time for 'inquests' will surely follow, but it is clear that a big number of players should be playing their last games for us IN EITHER DIVISION! :twisted:

For now, sit back, have a deserved beer and everyone enjoy a safe journey home. Let's get Chelsea out of the way and then time for a deserved Summer break before we (loyal supporters) start all over again. We've been there before and we'll be ok :thumbup: :ayatollah:

PS: Try to stop Carlos sniffing your armpits when you're holding your scarf up in future, fella! :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sat May 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Annis I understand the hurt and disappointment that relegation brings and I 100% share that with you and ALL other Bluebird fans but, in my opinion, the biggest reason we have been relegated this year has been the off field antics of VT and his cronies.

But come the start of next season hope will spring eternal in all of us as we look forward to what will hopefully be a more positive campaign. Lets just hope VT will keep his beak out of the team affairs and allow our destiny, whatever it is, to be down to the manager, the squad of players he puts together and us the fans.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat May 03, 2014 6:23 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:You say these things week after week
So give us your team that ole should have picked today
The formation wasn't changed although players were
Cala for turner forced
John for ktc ?
Kim for cowie not many wanted cowie last week
Medel for gunnerson?
So come on name your team
Oops forgot zaha for daelhi :bluescarf: :ole:

daeli ktc and medel were ill, cala was banned..........id have gone for cowie over kim.......infact cowies old man..or dog over kim..

Sat May 03, 2014 7:06 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Spot on in most of that.

But we don't know if some of the players have picked up injuries or a little knock so that's why he might change the team.

I think you've actually give an honest and fair opinion on Ole than previous posts.

Cheers I've tried to be fair, just so gutted. :thumbup:

Sat May 03, 2014 7:07 pm

daleccfcmapley wrote:

image.jpg

Dale, I agree we have injuries and a suspension, but Ole has been changing the team nearly every week.

Sat May 03, 2014 7:10 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Huge respect to the loyal fans who travelled today. This is my 7th relegation as a ccfc fan and it hurts the least. Reason is tan has ripped heart out of club due to rebrand. Let's hope he leaves us and we can go back to blue

Gareth, relegation is never a nice thing to witness and be part of as your team/club become part of your life.

Your right though, I have cried in some relegations :oops: and I have been hurt more in previous relegations.

Tan has ripped the heart from our club and divided the club.

Sat May 03, 2014 7:12 pm

bbird wrote:Relegation is not a nice word, but am I the only one who is actually feeling a bit relieved?
We have never looked like a premier league side and are light years away from even sides just above the drop zone. Just nowhere near enough quality, which has been embarrassing ALL season given just how much money was spent.
Serious regroup needed and if we get back up, we MUST do better transfer business.

Relegation has been on the cards for months, but when it finally happens it hurts badly.

Sat May 03, 2014 7:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
daleccfcmapley wrote:

image.jpg

Dale, I agree we have injuries and a suspension, but Ole has been changing the team nearly every week.

since southampton he's had a settled side and only made one change he has been better about not changing the team in the last few weeks

Sat May 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

image.jpg

What really concerns me is this. OGS has not made any progress since he walked through the doors, Granted they aren't his players, however, surely by now we would have at least an idea of what he is trying to do? Yet, I still don't see it, we aren't really that attack minded and our defence is always all at sea. So, is it really worth progressing with OGS, are we the club for him even. He was unproven in British football management when he got here and is probably even more so. I'm not sure the club can experiment like this, I don't think we have the luxury of being OGSs training school. I really was hoping that over his time here OGS would show us a glimmer of managerial talent, even if we went down, but I'm really not convinced that he has it. It is very worrying and a gamble that I don't think the club can take, especially when there are many managers out there who have tons of experience.

I totally agree with you and really worry,but if Ole is our manager next season,at matches I will fully back our team and Ole :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sat May 03, 2014 7:16 pm

Sven wrote:Annis, that is one glum picture and you write some good comments there :cry:

The time for 'inquests' will surely follow, but it is clear that a big number of players should be playing their last games for us IN EITHER DIVISION! :twisted:

For now, sit back, have a deserved beer and everyone enjoy a safe journey home. Let's get Chelsea out of the way and then time for a deserved Summer break before we (loyal supporters) start all over again. We've been there before and we'll be ok :thumbup: :ayatollah:

PS: Try to stop Carlos sniffing your armpits when you're holding your scarf up in future, fella! :laughing5: :laughing5:

:lol:

Cheers Chris, I have told Carl. :thumbup:

I reckon at least 10 players will be on their way.

Sat May 03, 2014 7:20 pm

castleblue wrote:Annis I understand the hurt and disappointment that relegation brings and I 100% share that with you and ALL other Bluebird fans but, in my opinion, the biggest reason we have been relegated this year has been the off field antics of VT and his cronies.

But come the start of next season hope will spring eternal in all of us as we look forward to what will hopefully be a more positive campaign. Lets just hope VT will keep his beak out of the team affairs and allow our destiny, whatever it is, to be down to the manager, the squad of players he puts together and us the fans.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Gary, I have to agree with you,Tan has caused this relegation with all his antics and decisions and he needs to stay out of the team affairs,but I am told he has been involved under Ole by deciding on some of the players Ole was to bring in, he just can't help himself and Tan could bring this club to its knees.

Sat May 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Sad day for city, but you're right the table doesn't lie, but one thing is sure many of us will still be there to support our team in the Championship - on a brighter note Millie won all her races today in her swimming Gala but was a little sad not to be in the stands at Newcastle.

Sat May 03, 2014 7:35 pm

I take my hat off to all the fans that travelled to Newcastle today! Absolutely gutted to be relegated but look forward to next season! :ayatollah:

Our players just aren't up to it and it looked like we just didnt have the fight and passion to want to stay up like Sunderland and palace have done!!

From the chaos with tan, malky and some of the squad rotation with ole I don't know what to make of it all! But one thing that made me smile and makes it all worth while is my 7 year old son saying don't worry dad let's get ready for next season!! Fair play. :ayatollah:

Sat May 03, 2014 7:37 pm

we'llalwaysbeblue wrote:Sad day for city, but you're right the table doesn't lie, but one thing is sure many of us will still be there to support our team in the Championship - on a brighter note Millie won all her races today in her swimming Gala but was a little sad not to be in the stands at Newcastle.

Nigel, tell Millie from the whole bus congratulations :thumbup: :thumbup:

Your right the table does not lie.

Sat May 03, 2014 7:41 pm

brewer918 wrote:I take my hat off to all the fans that travelled to Newcastle today! Absolutely gutted to be relegated but look forward to next season! :ayatollah:

Our players just aren't up to it and it looked like we just didnt have the fight and passion to want to stay up like Sunderland and palace have done!!

From the chaos with tan, malky and some of the squad rotation with ole I don't know what to make of it all! But one thing that made me smile and makes it all worth while is my 7 year old son saying don't worry dad let's get ready for next season!! Fair play. :ayatollah:

Our players have let themselves, the club and us fans down badly.

I don't blame Ole personally,I just feel he was out of his depth and should never have had the job.

Sat May 03, 2014 8:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
brewer918 wrote:I take my hat off to all the fans that travelled to Newcastle today! Absolutely gutted to be relegated but look forward to next season! :ayatollah:

I don't blame Ole personally,I just feel he was out of his depth and should never have had the job.

I want to give him a chance but your right! Giving him the managers role in a relegation battle was a huge risk!

Sat May 03, 2014 8:17 pm

brewer918 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I want to give him a chance but your right! Giving him the managers role in a relegation battle was a huge risk!

And sadly it has backfired, Palace and Sunderland have done really well and deservedly stayed up, oops Sunderland look like staying up :lol: :thumbup:

Sat May 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:Annis, that is one glum picture and you write some good comments there :cry:

:lol:

Cheers Chris, I have told Carl. :thumbup:

I reckon at least 10 players will be on their way.

Annis, I bloody well hope so! Time to get rid of the deadwood, even if it costs the club money to do so :thumbup: