Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Mats Daehli and Declan John '

Sun May 11, 2014 7:54 pm

I am not going to post about todays events as they are virtually in every topic :lol:

Cardiff City 1 Chelsea 2
Crowd 27,716

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=141479 :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Many fans said to me how well City played against Chelsea today, well it seemed to me more like a pre- season friendly, but with a massive BLUE crowd.
Also to me this was sadly a nothing game.

Well done to the City fans for bringing the pride back to our club and showing a Dictator he cant dictate us :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

The two players that stood out for me today were Mats Daehli and Declan John :thumbup: :bluescarf:
Both class today and both saying they want to stay and play for us next season, to me this is fantastic news :thumbup:
They are both going to be class next season in the Championship :thumbup: :thumbup:

I had to wait an hour after the game today for my daughter Annaise to meet her hero Declan John, a true gent :thumbup:

Bellamy had no time for the fans outside, ignorant in my opinion.

Great to see Rhys Healey and Tom James make their debuts :thumbup:

Ole in my opinion after the Caulkers and Medels vanish,We will have a good squad to start with and with 5 or 6 players added to the squad I think we will have a strong squad next season. :thumbup: :thumbup:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: " WE ARE CARDIFF CITY WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE " :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: ' Mats Daehli and Declan John '

Sun May 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Daelhi, John and Fabio are all going to be good enough for next season.

We are going to need a keeper to replace Marshall, a top quality stiker, and a centre back. Other than that im not sure we need to strengthen too much.

Sun May 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Annis I hope you aren't going to flog Declan's boots on ebay? Annaise would not be happy. :lol:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:05 pm

i thought fabio was our MOM today

also jordan mutch will be an all important player for us next season providing we can keep him

we have a nucleas of a good squad for next season

Sun May 11, 2014 8:06 pm

don't forget Fabio he was amazing as well today next season Fabio mats and john will be amazing :bluescarf:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:07 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Daelhi, John and Fabio are all going to be good enough for next season.

We are going to need a keeper to replace Marshall, a top quality stiker, and a centre back. Other than that im not sure we need to strengthen too much.

Keep Marshall he's an extra ten points plus, Tans got the money he can't be sold, we are playing for promotion why should we sell......

Sun May 11, 2014 8:09 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Annis I hope you aren't going to flog Declan's boots on ebay? Annaise would not be happy. :lol:

:lol:

How do you know he has given them to my Daughter Annaise ?
She would never let me near them :lol: :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:10 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Daelhi, John and Fabio are all going to be good enough for next season.

Fabio has improved and I hope he stays and plays for us next season :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Agree, But I'm sure, Cala, Turner and Hudson can do the job. Good squad if we can hold on to the boys. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Kanester wrote:

Agree, But I'm sure, Cala, Turner and Hudson can do the job. Good squad if we can hold on to the boys. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Def those 3 can all do a great job in the Championship :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Kanester wrote:

Def those 3 can all do a great job in the Championship :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Don't for get Matt Connelly great at champ level

Sun May 11, 2014 8:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:Annis I hope you aren't going to flog Declan's boots on ebay? Annaise would not be happy. :lol:

Haha she is chums with my daughter, Nia on Instagram and told her the good news early in the first half as she wandered down to the shop. :thumbright:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:24 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Haha she is chums with my daughter, Nia on Instagram and told her the good news early in the first half as she wandered down to the shop. :thumbright:

Small world :thumbup:
Cheers my daughter cant wait to tell everyone and she's been in tears of happiness :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:26 pm

Bellamy couldnt even be bothered to walk round the pitch with the other player to show their appreciation to the fans

that sums him up :wanker:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am not going to post about todays events as they are virtually in every topic :lol:

Cardiff City 1 Chelsea 2
Crowd 27,716

Many fans said to me how well City played against Chelsea today, well it seemed to me more like a pre- season friendly, but with a massive BLUE crowd.

Well done to the City fans for bringing the pride back to our club and showing a Dictator he cant dictate us :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

The two players that stood out for me today were Mats Daehli and Declan John :thumbup: :bluescarf:
Both class today and both saying they want to stay and play for us next season, to me this is fantastic news :thumbup:
They are both going to be class next season in the Championship :thumbup: :thumbup:

I had to wait an hour after the game today for my daughter Annaise to meet her hero Declan John, a true gent :thumbup:

Ole in my opinion after the Caulkers and Medels vanish,We will have a good squad to start with and with 5 or 6 players added to the squad I think we will have a strong squad next season. :thumbup: :thumbup:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: " WE ARE CARDIFF CITY WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE " :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Annis both young men are true gents, Daehli give my daughter Angharad his blue match shirt from Man Utd away on Thursday as a gift, she was over the moon :bluescarf:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:30 pm

I thought that Daehli had an excellent game and was MOM for Cardiff. John got caught out a few times with his positioning but had a good game and is going to be a star.

Besides that I thought Whitts had a decent game, Gunnar although not Premiership standard a good game and Fabio had an excellent game.

Other than Caulker, Medel and possibly Marshall/Campbell we need to keep the bulk of the squad and hopefully go straight back up next season :bluescarf:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:37 pm

Daelhi, John and Fabio were excellent.

Fabio the first to clap all the supporters after the game, great to see him do that when he was the only one really who walked to around the stands before the lap.

Gunnarsson looked a little sharper today, better to see him a little more advanced as I believe he can get goals and he showed that when we went up. Gives way too many cheap fouls in and around our box also when in CDM.

Whittingham was very good, nothing unusual.

Sun May 11, 2014 8:39 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I am not going to post about todays events as they are virtually in every topic :lol:

Cardiff City 1 Chelsea 2
Crowd 27,716

Annis both young men are true gents, Daehli give my daughter Angharad his blue match shirt from Man Utd away on Thursday as a gift, she was over the moon :bluescarf:

:thumbup: :bluescarf:

Carl, without a doubt two sincere players with kind hearts :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Angharad was landed, big time :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sun May 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Kanester wrote:

i tend to disagree i think. Cala is going to be fine im sure, and Turner, defensively is definately fine. But his hoof ball is still going to be an issue. On top of that, Hudson hasnt played a game of football for a year now, im not sure he will be up to it.

Sun May 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Fabio and Daehli ruined Hazard and Ashley Cole's day today!

Sun May 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Gavin wrote:Fabio and Daehli ruined Hazard and Ashley Cole's day today!

Roy Hodgson has ruined Cole's day...apparently he has just told him that he's out of the England World Cup squad.

Sun May 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Daft Dave wrote:

Roy Hodgson has ruined Cole's day...apparently he has just told him that he's out of the England World Cup squad.

After watching today he should be no where near the England squad.

Felt John still looks inexperienced at times at left back but he's young lad so will learn. Good going forward just needs to learn how to cross. Still feel we need to invest in a new left back with experience. Daehli, Fabio and John are the only ones who stood out for me today. I feel Mutch has got all the talent just hasn't got the bottle, once Matic and Mikel started getting stuck into him he just hid away for the rest of the game.

Once we get rid of the "stars" and the deadwood we will have a good core to the team however we need to address the glaring problems in the side and need to prepare a lot further in advance if we are thinking of getting back to the Prem. We need to add fresh blood into the midfield aswell as we lack any sort of pace or power in the middle

Sun May 11, 2014 11:46 pm

2 very big talents, they Could be fantastic next year :thumbup:

Mon May 12, 2014 8:11 am

I think both Declan John and Mats Daehli could attract bids of £10m plus in the next 2-3 years so they are great to have on board. A season in the Championship playing week in, week out will only do them a wonder of good too. You can build teams around exciting prospects like them, particularly Daehli.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:16 am

I hope Joe Mason is given a chance next year, feel that MM rather hung him out to dry the previous 2 seasons for some reason.

Mon May 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Im generally not convinced on John.

Mon May 12, 2014 1:34 pm

John looks like he will be a solid LB, nothing more to me. But, hes young and i hope im proved wrong. Just hope he gets the right coaching.

But, even a solid LB is hard to find these days and costly. So still win win!

Mon May 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Logie wrote:John looks like he will be a solid LB, nothing more to me. But, hes young and i hope im proved wrong. Just hope he gets the right coaching.

But, even a solid LB is hard to find these days and costly. So still win win!

I hope he improves he looks a long way off being a solid LB I believe any opposition will see him being our major weak link and he will be attacked as much as possible He currently needs to much help from other defenders that then has a knock on effect in our defence
It will be interesting to see how he will play in the championship as he has been exposed by top class players in the premiership and I should give him the benefit of the doubt but to me he is not a natural defender You can only go so far in teaching him to be a defender I think it's a bit like being a natuaral goal scorer You either are or you are not and no matter how much coaching you get you will never be top class if you are not a natural in that position.