Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Wales No1 Club......

Thu May 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Keep digging fella. You have come here hoping to cobble together some kind of argument, bereft at the fact I have explained the benefits of Premier League self sufficiency.

However you have forgotten about the new TV deal and have spent the whole time quibbling over relative pennies :lol:

Thu May 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Keep digging fella. You have come here hoping to cobble together some kind of argument, bereft at the fact I have explained the benefits of Premier League self sufficiency.

However you have forgotten about the new TV deal and have spent the whole time quibbling over relative pennies :lol:

Well, lets see, who's correct when your profits are posted, I'm sure that you will have a number of excuses ready, when they don't quite live up to your expectations :laughing5:

Thu May 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:Keep digging fella. You have come here hoping to cobble together some kind of argument, bereft at the fact I have explained the benefits of Premier League self sufficiency.

Well, lets see, who's correct when your profits are posted, I'm sure that you will have a number of excuses ready, when they don't quite live up to your expectations :laughing5:

Dont need to see, we know the profits from last year and we know the changes this year as I already very kindly taught you in detail :thumbup:

Thu May 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Dont need to see, we know the profits from last year and we know the changes this year as I already very kindly taught you in detail :thumbup:

when are the figures due out?

Thu May 15, 2014 1:56 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

when are the figures due out?

October time id say.

Thu May 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:You dont need a tardis.

Put a goat in the Grand National with a 40 stone Jockey and its safe to say it wont win. Some things are just obvious.... As time then proved :thumbup:

:lol: you chat some shit, fair play!

Thu May 15, 2014 2:04 pm

I take that as realisation that obvious situations do not require a time machine :thumbup:

Thu May 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:I take that as realisation that obvious situations do not require a time machine :thumbup:

Being 3 pts clear of a relegation place with 4 games to go isnt one of those situations.

Thu May 15, 2014 2:08 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:I take that as realisation that obvious situations do not require a time machine :thumbup:

Being 3 pts clear of a relegation place with 4 games to go isnt one of those situations.

It was - given the strength of squads, fixtures and goal difference :thumbup:

We didnt require another point man :laughing6:

Thu May 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

It was - given the strength of squads, fixtures and goal difference :thumbup:

No it wasnt.

Thu May 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:We didnt require another point man :laughing6:

That you are aware of now, you didnt know that then.

Thu May 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:We didnt require another point man :laughing6:

That you are aware of now, you didnt know that then.

Enjoy..

toshacks_1_tales wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote::lol: still trying to convince yourselves we could go down?

Not happening folks move on.

roathie you are 3pts from the drop zone. surely you can see that you are now in a relegation battle??

don't get me wrong, you'll probably be safe, but you're not safe yet and IMO the prem has thrown up crazier situations over the years than a team 3 points from the drop with 4 games to go failing to make the cut

Not at all.

I think we need 1 point from 4 games. That isnt really a battle.

34 wont keep you up. 35 might. I think you will be fine though. I'm guessing it's not quite the season you were anticipating? I had you down to get relegated, oh well you can't win them all.

Thu May 15, 2014 2:15 pm

Another....

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
The fact we have 4 winnable games suggests that it is unlikely we will lose all 4 games. Even if the unlikely scenario that we do lose all 4 does occur - we still have a good chance of staying up.

That doesnt scare me one iota.

I dont think its arrogance to say we are too good to go down, its just the truth. A bit like saying Messi saying he is too good for Aston Villa. Its not arrogant, just how it is.

Thu May 15, 2014 2:27 pm

That doesnt change anything.

Thu May 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Relegation scrap? We had accumulated enough points to secure survival in March.

Thu May 15, 2014 3:27 pm

SCFC wrote:Relegation scrap? We had accumulated enough points to secure survival in March.

Not another one :lol: You didnt know that at the time, april the 16th you were only 3pts clear of a relegation place with 4 games left. Your talking in hindsight, you were not mathematically safe so wether you admit it or not you were involved. :roll:

Thu May 15, 2014 3:54 pm

BadaBing wrote:4th season in a row and next season it will be the 5th guaranteed, the last nine derbies since 2008 have ended 4 wins for us 3 for you and 2 draws.
Swansea city Wales' No1 club you can't argue with the facts :D

With the smallest crowds in the prem. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu May 15, 2014 5:06 pm

Pant-yr-awel bluebird wrote:
BadaBing wrote:4th season in a row and next season it will be the 5th guaranteed, the last nine derbies since 2008 have ended 4 wins for us 3 for you and 2 draws.
Swansea city Wales' No1 club you can't argue with the facts :D

With the smallest crowds in the prem. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Which makes it such a sweeter achievment all round. And not an asian billionaire to be seen.

Thu May 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:That doesnt change anything.

It does, im showing you its not hindsight. I was perfectly aware the chances of survival were excellent without even picking up a point at the time and documented it on here - thats no scrap :thumbright:

Thu May 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Come on daft.... Don't feel too bad... Even Garry Monk got it wrong according to these Jacks, when he said they were in a relegation fight. :thumbup:

Thu May 15, 2014 11:12 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Come on daft.... Don't feel too bad... Even Garry Monk got it wrong according to these Jacks, when he said they were in a relegation fight. :thumbup:

"Even" garry monk? Since when did Garry Monk become the font of all knowledge? :lol:

10 points clear of relegation is not a scrap. The table speaks for itself as did I at the time. :thumbup:

Fri May 16, 2014 5:16 am

Luuulight. Years ⚽ ☺

Fri May 16, 2014 7:30 am

Got to say we were all a bit worryed at one point.
Although sure we would survive we were keeping a eye over our shoulder.
And nice to see u back barry after the hiding u took on here last week.

Fri May 16, 2014 8:35 am

Why are we arguing that we are the number 1 team in Wales on the grounds that Swansea were, or were not in a relegation battle, when clearly we were?!

Look at the bigger picture (size of the following, facilities, etc.).

Fri May 16, 2014 8:37 am

Woodville Willie wrote:Why are we arguing that we are the number 1 team in Wales on the grounds that Swansea were, or were not in a relegation battle, when clearly we were?!

Newcastle have bigger attendances than liverpool....

Fri May 16, 2014 8:44 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:Why are we arguing that we are the number 1 team in Wales on the grounds that Swansea were, or were not in a relegation battle, when clearly we were?!

Newcastle have bigger attendances than liverpool....

Ok, but I think I mentioned following rather than attendances. Not quite the same thing.
We have a bigger ground so it's not surprising our attendances are higher than Swansea's. The reason we have a bigger ground is that Cardiff has a larger population and so a bigger following. Therefore we need a bigger stadium. It's not rocket science.

Fri May 16, 2014 8:48 am

The reason you have a bigger stadium is you built yours in the championship and we built ours when we were in League 2 and thus applied the plans to current demand and demand which may be forseeable in the near future.

We have no idea how Swansea's following has grown since their successes in the last 4 years. There are sell outs every week, nobody has any idea what so ever.

Fri May 16, 2014 8:51 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:The reason you have a bigger stadium is you built yours in the championship and we built ours when we were in League 2 and thus applied the plans to current demand and demand which may be forseeable in the near future.

We have no idea how Swansea's following has grown since their successes in the last 4 years. There are sell outs every week, nobody has any idea what so ever.

Ok, accepted.

So why are we building an extension whereas there isn't as much as a bag of cement at The Liberty? Surely, if the following is bigger than ours, 10,000 extra seats are needed.

Fri May 16, 2014 8:55 am

Woodville Willie wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:The reason you have a bigger stadium is you built yours in the championship and we built ours when we were in League 2 and thus applied the plans to current demand and demand which may be forseeable in the near future.

Ok, accepted.

So why are we building an extension whereas there isn't as much as a bag of cement at The Liberty? Surely, if the following is bigger than ours, 10,000 extra seats are needed.

Because not only are we well run and careful, making sure investment in the playing side was paramount to establish ourselves first.... We also have had planning issues with regards to transport to the stadium including roadd developments.

You havent expanded because there is demand. You have expanded because Tan wants to make your club more attractive when he sells. Your stadium will be a third empty next year.

Fri May 16, 2014 9:05 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

Ok, accepted.

Because not only are we well run and careful, making sure investment in the playing side was paramount to establish ourselves first.... We also have had planning issues with regards to transport to the stadium including roadd developments.

You havent expanded because there is demand. You have expanded because Tan wants to make your club more attractive when he sells. Your stadium will be a third empty next year.

Well run? Ok, generally accepted.
Planning issues? That's a pity.
A third empty next season? That will still be a good 20,000 watching Championship football. Not bad.
Tan selling? Please, please, please YES!!!!!