Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Wales No1 Club......

Mon May 12, 2014 12:13 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Ah so we have left the smileys and are now just being silly.

At least it hit home :laughing6:

Bed time for me, night night.

Your making an ass out of yourself thinking that swansea will ever have £300m in the bank and you say im being silly.

Think you had better go to your bed, lack of sleep is seriously warping your brain by the sounds of it.

Dont let the black widow bite!

Mon May 12, 2014 12:17 pm

Swansea will never have 300million sat in the bank to spend. Never.

Mon May 12, 2014 12:18 pm

If football was about seats in stadiums then they would never inflate a football. You've been relegated and the mantra of "always a bigger club regardless of our division" has returned straight away.

Well if being a bigger club means having more seats than us but playing in a lower division then you are very welcome to proclaim yourselves as the bigger club.

Two facts:

We have ensured a 4th season in the premier league.

You have been relegated after one season, finishing bottom in the process.

Now If you think that stadium capacity has any baring on a football clubs success or worth have fun playing "how big is your stadium" with Leeds, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Utd, MK Dons, Blackburn, Wolves, Brighton, Nottingham Forest, Ipswich, Birmingham, and Bolton. They are all currently outside the Premier League but have bigger stadiums than you so just how relevant is your one and only trump card?

Mon May 12, 2014 3:48 pm

[quote="acejack3065"]If football was about seats in stadiums then they would never inflate a football. You've been relegated and the mantra of "always a bigger club regardless of our division" has returned straight away.

Well if being a bigger club means having more seats than us but playing in a lower division then you are very welcome to proclaim yourselves as the bigger club.

Two facts:

We have ensured a 4th season in the premier league.

You have been relegated after one season, finishing bottom in the process.

Now If you think that stadium capacity has any baring on a football clubs success or worth have fun playing "how big is your stadium" with Leeds, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Utd, MK Dons, Blackburn, Wolves, Brighton, Nottingham Forest, Ipswich, Birmingham, and Bolton. They are all currently outside the Premier League but have bigger stadiums than you so just how relevant is your one and only trump card?[/quo

didnt know this was a swansea forum>! another wannabe idiot from swansea trying to make a name for himeself on another teams forum!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Mon May 12, 2014 3:53 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Swansea will never have 300million sat in the bank to spend. Never.

baz roathy stated to me other week that swansea will make 25mil every year for ten yrs! because they wont spend no more than what they have this season regardless of transfer values or wage increases for the next ten years, so how they can they that only roathy knows and dont forget he is always right regardless :laughing5:

Mon May 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Make a name for myself? You effing child.

I posted to point out how retarded your "big club" attitude was.

You've got a bigger stadium but we are better at the actual game and this season demonstrated it. But as you sh*theads sang "we're coming for you".

Well we waited, we beat you, now f*ck off.

Mon May 12, 2014 4:26 pm

On the pitch you are better than us only an idiot would disagree since the league does not lie
but our structure and set up is better.

Mon May 12, 2014 4:34 pm

londonexile wrote:On the pitch you are better than us only an idiot would disagree since the league does not lie

In what way are you better structured?

Mon May 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Roathie, I usually agree with most of what you say but in fairness you've started spewing out some nonsense in this thread. You can't predict that the Swans will have £300 million in the bank in ten years, anything could happen in the next ten years.

On the other note, Swansea City are currently Wales' number 1 club and there can be no disputing this. Stadium size should not even come into a football argument such as this.

Cardiff were Wales' number 1 club through most of the first part of this century... Now Swansea are. Simples

Mon May 12, 2014 6:05 pm

TOP team in wales............ Swansea city

TOP firm in wales............. Newport county ;)

Mon May 12, 2014 6:30 pm

:o
londonexile wrote:On the pitch you are better than us only an idiot would disagree since the league does not lie

:shock: dear God

Mon May 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Penguin wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:and get to the last 32 of europe :D

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Cardiff progressed further in Europe than any other Welsh team when in the 1967/68 season following a three-legged last eight win over Torpedo Moscow, Scholar's side set up a semi-final clash with Hamburg.
West German greats Uwe Seeler and Willi Schulze were in the Hamburg side that Cardiff held 1-1 in the first-leg in front of 70,000 fans at the Volksparkstadion as Norman Dean's goal gave Cardiff hope.
But the brave Bluebirds suffered a cruel defeat in the return leg.

Then this happened.

Brian Clark secured immortal status at Ninian Park when his unforgettable winner beat the great Real Madrid side in Cardiff's finest hour in front of their own fans.
The striker's 31st minute header from teenager Nigel Rees's pin-point cross against the six-times European champions and most famous in the world sent an estimated 50,000 fans into raptures.
Cardiff could have scored more and the South Wales Echo proclaimed: "Whatever happens in Madrid, nobody can take anything away from the players for their wonderful show." Just as well as the Bluebirds lost 2-0 in the return at the Bernabéu.

Then this happened.

SWANSEA City reached the knockout stages of the Europa League despite a disappointing 1-0 defeat at St Gallen.

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Half a century ago? And via the welsh cup :D

Football has moved on. Getting to that stage then and getting to that stage now is vastly different, especially via the english system.

Worth remembering that in 50 years.
Didn't realise success was time barred.

You played a lower league team in the cup final.
We played Liverpool.

Fairly sure had Cardiff played Bradford and you had played Liverpool this conversation wouldn't even take place.

As you know, Liverpool were the holders of the cup and we knocked them out at Anfield. Then we played the European champions over two legs and beat them, before playing the lower league team in the final.

It's really not that difficult to understand. Or are you a bit thick?

We didn't just waltz straight to the final and play Bradford. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope you went through a load of kids and second string players :mrgreen:

Mon May 12, 2014 6:54 pm

jayb wrote:
Penguin wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:and get to the last 32 of europe :D

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Cardiff progressed further in Europe than any other Welsh team when in the 1967/68 season following a three-legged last eight win over Torpedo Moscow, Scholar's side set up a semi-final clash with Hamburg.
West German greats Uwe Seeler and Willi Schulze were in the Hamburg side that Cardiff held 1-1 in the first-leg in front of 70,000 fans at the Volksparkstadion as Norman Dean's goal gave Cardiff hope.
But the brave Bluebirds suffered a cruel defeat in the return leg.

Then this happened.

Brian Clark secured immortal status at Ninian Park when his unforgettable winner beat the great Real Madrid side in Cardiff's finest hour in front of their own fans.
The striker's 31st minute header from teenager Nigel Rees's pin-point cross against the six-times European champions and most famous in the world sent an estimated 50,000 fans into raptures.
Cardiff could have scored more and the South Wales Echo proclaimed: "Whatever happens in Madrid, nobody can take anything away from the players for their wonderful show." Just as well as the Bluebirds lost 2-0 in the return at the Bernabéu.

Then this happened.

SWANSEA City reached the knockout stages of the Europa League despite a disappointing 1-0 defeat at St Gallen.

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Half a century ago? And via the welsh cup :D

Football has moved on. Getting to that stage then and getting to that stage now is vastly different, especially via the english system.

Worth remembering that in 50 years.
Didn't realise success was time barred.

You played a lower league team in the cup final.
We played Liverpool.

Fairly sure had Cardiff played Bradford and you had played Liverpool this conversation wouldn't even take place.

As you know, Liverpool were the holders of the cup and we knocked them out at Anfield. Then we played the European champions over two legs and beat them, before playing the lower league team in the final.

It's really not that difficult to understand. Or are you a bit thick?

We didn't just waltz straight to the final and play Bradford. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope you went through a load of kids and second string players :mrgreen:

Sorry to disappoint but Chelsea had a first choice team out for both legs :thumbup:

Mon May 12, 2014 7:00 pm

If we will never have 300 million then someone will have to have stolen it.

I'm amazed people can't grasp a simple premise here, or is it just too awful to think about?

If we continue making these profits for the next decade then we WILL have 300 mill. That isn't an opinion up for debate, it's a pure fact.

Simple as that

Mon May 12, 2014 7:03 pm

thevoiceofreason wrote:Roathie, I usually agree with most of what you say but in fairness you've started spewing out some nonsense in this thread. You can't predict that the Swans will have £300 million in the bank in ten years, anything could happen in the next ten years.

On the other note, Swansea City are currently Wales' number 1 club and there can be no disputing this. Stadium size should not even come into a football argument such as this.

Cardiff were Wales' number 1 club through most of the first part of this century... Now Swansea are. Simples

Which bit of it is nonsense? This isn't an opinion, it is a fact.

If we keep making these profits for the next 10 years we WILL have 300 mill. It is a fact.

This is self sufficiency. This is what most clubs dream of. And this is the reason why.

Mon May 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:Lets see which teams gets the bigger crowds AGAIN next season, and the most season ticket holders AGAIN next season :bluescarf: :old: :bluescarf:

It's not difficult when you ground has a much larger capacity. We sell out every week. There is no more we can do.

Of course because you are a smaller club :lol:

You are saying Newcastle are bigger than liverpool? :shock:

Yes on Match day actual paying fans yes :thumbup:

Mon May 12, 2014 7:47 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
thevoiceofreason wrote:Roathie, I usually agree with most of what you say but in fairness you've started spewing out some nonsense in this thread. You can't predict that the Swans will have £300 million in the bank in ten years, anything could happen in the next ten years.

Which bit of it is nonsense? This isn't an opinion, it is a fact.

If we keep making these profits for the next 10 years we WILL have 300 mill. It is a fact.

This is self sufficiency. This is what most clubs dream of. And this is the reason why.

All I'm saying is that is a big 'IF'. There are gonna be many twists and turns in the next ten years.

I'm all for being self sufficient and there is no better example of this than the Swans.

How many clubs up and down the leagues would like to emulate what has been achieved by Huw Jenkins and co. They are the shining example showing what can be achieved with good people at the helm.

Mon May 12, 2014 9:44 pm

A lot can change in 10 years and swans fans know that more than most. All Roathie said was if we retain the same rate if growth for another 10 years then we will have 300 mill in the bank. That is a fact and you can't argue with it.

Personally I don't think we would ever challenge at the top of the prem but roathie nor any of the jacks have said otherwise. But face it it's more likely going to be us than it is going to be you. The only zeros you're adding to your account are going in the wrong direction.

Don't worry though because Vinny said he might just possibly, maybe, potentially, who knows, if I feel like it, change you back to blue so happy days...

Tue May 13, 2014 4:58 am

Bluebina wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:Lets see which teams gets the bigger crowds AGAIN next season, and the most season ticket holders AGAIN next season :bluescarf: :old: :bluescarf:

It's not difficult when you ground has a much larger capacity. We sell out every week. There is no more we can do.

Of course because you are a smaller club :lol:

You are saying Newcastle are bigger than liverpool? :shock:

Yes on Match day actual paying fans yes :thumbup:

Thats not what I asked.

Tue May 13, 2014 5:01 am

acejack3065 wrote:A lot can change in 10 years and swans fans know that more than most. All Roathie said was if we retain the same rate if growth for another 10 years then we will have 300 mill in the bank. That is a fact and you can't argue with it.

Personally I don't think we would ever challenge at the top of the prem but roathie nor any of the jacks have said otherwise. But face it it's more likely going to be us than it is going to be you. The only zeros you're adding to your account are going in the wrong direction.

Don't worry though because Vinny said he might just possibly, maybe, potentially, who knows, if I feel like it, change you back to blue so happy days...

Spot on.

We have been in the Prem for 3 season and spent £35m on players, paid for a state of the art academy and training ground.... And still banked £40m plus a projected £30m this year with the increase in income. Thats £70m already and it seems we have only just got here.

Now we dont have to pay for an academy or a training ground, profits should be massive from here on in.

Only a fool would think if we remain here under these provisions we will not have a very scary amound of money in a decade.

This is why boom or bust doesnt work and self sufficiency is the dream we are currently living.

Tue May 13, 2014 7:07 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
acejack3065 wrote:A lot can change in 10 years and swans fans know that more than most. All Roathie said was if we retain the same rate if growth for another 10 years then we will have 300 mill in the bank. That is a fact and you can't argue with it.

Spot on.

We have been in the Prem for 3 season and spent £35m on players, paid for a state of the art academy and training ground.... And still banked £40m plus a projected £30m this year with the increase in income. Thats £70m already and it seems we have only just got here.

Now we dont have to pay for an academy or a training ground, profits should be massive from here on in.

Only a fool would think if we remain here under these provisions we will not have a very scary amound of money in a decade.

This is why boom or bust doesnt work and self sufficiency is the dream we are currently living.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Tue May 13, 2014 7:07 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Spot on.

Tue May 13, 2014 7:08 am

This smiley posting is contagious it seems :laughing6:

Tue May 13, 2014 7:10 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:This smiley posting is contagious it seems :laughing6:

Tue May 13, 2014 7:11 am

See :D

Tue May 13, 2014 7:48 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:See :D

That future all sounds nice and rosy, however to stay in the Premiership you have to grow as a club! I don't see any chance of Swansea growing in terms of fan base beyond a finite number, which I think your at now. I've not seen your academy, but spending £6 million on training facilities is hardly state of the art :laughing6: I'm sure you now have decent facilities but hardly a draw compared to others. I will be surprised if you actually make much of a profit this year, probably in single figures, but any profit should not be sniffed at. History tells us that the small clubs tend to eventually get relegated, the ones that do manage to stay up for a decent length of time are backed from wealthy owners which you don't have and because of your lack of any real assets and any other exterior attraction that would possibly interest an owner from outside, then you will finally succumb to relegation. The harsh reality is, that you will hit a hard patch at some point, wrong manager, wrong players, that's when the money talks and bails clubs out and you haven't got that back up :thumbup:

Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

That future all sounds nice and rosy, however to stay in the Premiership you have to grow as a club! I don't see any chance of Swansea growing in terms of fan base beyond a finite number, which I think your at now.

you are saying to stay in the Premier league we need more fans? :D

Please explain.

I've not seen your academy, but spending £6 million on training facilities is hardly state of the art :laughing6: I'm sure you now have decent facilities but hardly a draw compared to others.

it will be a superb facility and certainly a draw.

I will be surprised if you actually make much of a profit this year, probably in single figures, but any profit should not be sniffed at.

we will make a profit between £20m and £30m of that I can categorically guarantee you :thumbup:

History tells us that the small clubs tend to eventually get relegated, the ones that do manage to stay up for a decent length of time are backed from wealthy owners which you don't have and because of your lack of any real assets and any other exterior attraction that would possibly interest an owner from outside, then you will finally succumb to relegation.

:D we spent over £20 million on players this season, im not quite sure you grasp the concept of self sufficiency - it is the anti christ if the foreign investor. We dont want one and have put actions in place (trust owning 22%) to prevent this from happening, to assume it is a negative that we wont get an investor is bizarre :lol:

The harsh reality is, that you will hit a hard patch at some point, wrong manager, wrong players, that's when the money talks and bails clubs out and you haven't got that back up :thumbup:
thats wishful thinking rather than reality. There is absolutely no reason to think we wont be a Premier League club in 10 years time - and if so, then we will be a frighteningly rich club indeed.

Tue May 13, 2014 8:15 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

That future all sounds nice and rosy, however to stay in the Premiership you have to grow as a club! I don't see any chance of Swansea growing in terms of fan base beyond a finite number, which I think your at now. I've not seen your academy, but spending £6 million on training facilities is hardly state of the art :laughing6: I'm sure you now have decent facilities but hardly a draw compared to others. I will be surprised if you actually make much of a profit this year, probably in single figures, but any profit should not be sniffed at. History tells us that the small clubs tend to eventually get relegated, the ones that do manage to stay up for a decent length of time are backed from wealthy owners which you don't have and because of your lack of any real assets and any other exterior attraction that would possibly interest an owner from outside, then you will finally succumb to relegation. The harsh reality is, that you will hit a hard patch at some point, wrong manager, wrong players, that's when the money talks and bails clubs out and you haven't got that back up :thumbup:

You don't see any chance of us growing our fan base? Well we are now pushing on with Stadium expansion so there is one way it will grow.

You haven't see our new state of the art academy but you're convinced that 6 mill is enough to build one? That's funny because what we have done is built a state of the art academy for 6mill. There's plenty of stuff online covering it if you ever fancy informing yourself. http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news ... amore.html

We are also close to completing our state of the art training facilities in Fairwood. These are two huge new assets that we have aquired since we have been in the prem. They have been funded by Prem money and we have still turned huge profits.

Like any profit isn't something to be sniffed at. When was the last time Cardiff turned a profit. Last years accounts make for grim reading indeed. We have turned huge profits for the last two years and this year doesn't look like its going to be any different with the increased TV revenue. What inside track do you have on our financial situation that would surprise you if we turned a profit? Women's intuition or spiteful hunch? We have been ticking over nicely and that is with our drastically increased transfer kitty.

History does indeed tell us that small clubs get relegated, and that the really shit ones finish bottom. You finished bottom after one year and you have a billionaire and we have stayed up for four years without a wealthy backer. We turn profits and you post losses so why would we need a wealthy backer when we are doing completely fine on our own. We spend our own money and we are better off for it.

We will get relegated one day but the club has been preparing for it since before our first game. Its not going to financially decimate our club because we are living within our means and there are always parachute payments to cushion the blow. Good luck seeing yours because Vinny has probably got those earmarked for a new helicopter or Volcano lair. :thumbup:

Tue May 13, 2014 8:26 am

Every club in the PL has the same if not better facilities, what makes you think yours is giving you more of an advantage than others.

£6million, what is it, an IKEA training academy :lol:

Tue May 13, 2014 8:29 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:Every club in the PL has the same if not better facilities, what makes you think yours is giving you more of an advantage than others.

£6million, what is it, an IKEA training academy :lol:

An advantage? Who said it was an advantage? :?

It was a simple point highlighting the fact we can grow as a club while posting astronomical profits :thumbright: