Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Wales No1 Club......

Tue May 13, 2014 8:39 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:Every club in the PL has the same if not better facilities, what makes you think yours is giving you more of an advantage than others.

£6million, what is it, an IKEA training academy :lol:

An advantage? Who said it was an advantage? :?

It was a simple point highlighting the fact we can grow as a club while posting astronomical profits :thumbright:

Nobody did but when they think they have found a point of contention that they can argue against they just run with it. It's because they cant actually win the argument. Bless.

Tue May 13, 2014 8:40 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:Every club in the PL has the same if not better facilities, what makes you think yours is giving you more of an advantage than others.

It was a simple point highlighting the fact we can grow as a club while posting astronomical profits :thumbright:

While you are growing so is every other team in the PL.

20-30 mill in the PL is not astronomical in the slightest. To take the next step from mid-table, your going to have to spend money & you cant guarantee that you will bring in huge transfer fees every year either. A club who was a ball hair away from getting sucked into a relegation battle for most of the season too.

Fair play the whole world is terrified of swansea and its new training facilities :lol:

Deluded.

Tue May 13, 2014 8:44 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

not at the same rate. Hence why we are the most profitable club in the Premier league. :?

20-30 mill in the PL is not astronomical in the slightest.

:lol: which part of we are the most profitable side in the richest league in the world is confusing you.

It is ridiculously astronomical. :thumbright:

To take the next step from mid-table, your going to have to spend money & you cant guarantee that you will bring in huge transfer fees every year either. A club who was a ball hair away from getting sucked into a relegation battle for most of the season too.

why will we need transfer sales? Read the thread again.

We are the most profitable side in the league regardless of transfers. :thumbup:

Fair play the whole world is terrified of swansea and its new training facilities :lol:

is anyone suggesting they are? Or are you inventing arguments again.

We have simply said that if we continue making profits at the same rate as this year then in 10 years time we will have £300m to play with, you just seem to have reacted very badly to what is essentially a pretty obvious fact.

Deluded.

summed up nicely :laughing6:

Tue May 13, 2014 8:54 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

20-30 mill in the PL is not astronomical in the slightest. To take the next step from mid-table, your going to have to spend money & you cant guarantee that you will bring in huge transfer fees every year either. A club who was a ball hair away from getting sucked into a relegation battle for most of the season too.

Deluded.

20-30 mil not astronomical? Are you on drugs? As Roathie said we are the most profitable club in the Prem.

We were in a relegation battle this year and we didn't get relegated. You should take note.

Tue May 13, 2014 8:55 am

A diddy club punching above its weight. Yeah your making some people at swansea very rich but they will never throw any money at it, not enough to take the next step. Clear lack of ambition, more bothered about making money so they all get nice new houses/cars etc. Dont blame em really, anything to make living in or around swansea more bearable!

Your a mid table team at best. Dont know why your getting your knickers in a twist about it. :roll:

Tue May 13, 2014 8:58 am

acejack3065 wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Deluded.

20-30 mil not astronomical? Are you on drugs? As Roathie said we are the most profitable club in the Prem.

We were in a relegation battle this year and we didn't get relegated. You should take note.

Oh, watch out. The arse end of roathy is speaking!

Correct, you were in a relegation battle and you didnt get relegated. Theres always next season and if your club is sitting on all the cash thats what it will be like season after season. You cant survive them all!!!
Last edited by Cardiff Daft! on Tue May 13, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 13, 2014 8:58 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:A diddy club punching above its weight. Yeah your making some people at swansea very rich but they will never throw any money at it, not enough to take the next step. Clear lack of ambition, more bothered about making money so they all get nice new houses/cars etc. Dont blame em really, anything to make living in or around swansea more bearable!

Your a mid table team at best. Dont know why your getting your knickers in a twist about it. :roll:

Why get so angry?

Think it's something you are just going to to have to deal with mate :D

Tue May 13, 2014 9:00 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:A diddy club punching above its weight. Yeah your making some people at swansea very rich but they will never throw any money at it, not enough to take the next step. Clear lack of ambition, more bothered about making money so they all get nice new houses/cars etc. Dont blame em really, anything to make living in or around swansea more bearable!

We are punching above our weight but so were you. Difference is you got found out.

Who is getting rich at Swansea? Lack of ambition? You're talking shit again lol. Pay attention, 4th year in the prem, played in europe, won a cup, broke our transfer record every year, stuffed you lot.

We don't have to be someones bitch unlike you lot. How's the bigger than barca ambition working for you?

Tue May 13, 2014 9:01 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
acejack3065 wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Deluded.

Oh, watch out. The arse end of roathy is speaking!

Correct, you were in a relegation battle and you didnt get relegated. Theres always next season and if your club is sitting on all the cash thats what it will be like season after season. You cant survive them all!!!

No club can survive them all. So far we have survived three and you haven't survived one.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:03 am

SCFC's profits over the last few years have been a combination of TV money, player sales and extremely good management.

I take your point that if you take player sales out of the equation for the next 10 years then the TV money (since the BT Sport deal) should still be enough to turn a healthy profit.

There are other factors to take into account though. Every other Premier League club will also receive this extra money and what this will do in turn is inflate transfer fees and player wages even more.

Over time this could have a knock-on effect for the Swans where they will find they need to increase wages, etc to stay somewhat competitive. Don't get me wrong, I can't see them ever paying way over the odds as they are so well run but to say they will turn this kind of profit every season is a little blinkered.

What they have done though, is ensured that whatever happens they will remain competitive and on a sound financial footing.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:05 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Why get so angry?

Thats not angry roathy. I actually find it quite funny! Had you not noticed the :lol: smilies from me throughout this thread???

Whats there to deal with, its you that will have to deal with it when the clubs ambitions dont live up to the hype/shite your spewing. :thumbright:

Tue May 13, 2014 9:08 am

thevoiceofreason wrote:SCFC's profits over the last few years have been a combination of TV money, player sales and extremely good management.

I take your point that if you take player sales out of the equation for the next 10 years then the TV money (since the BT Sport deal) should still be enough to turn a healthy profit.

There are other factors to take into account though. Every other Premier League club will also receive this extra money and what this will do in turn is inflate transfer fees and player wages even more.

Over time this could have a knock-on effect for the Swans where they will find they need to increase wages, etc to stay somewhat competitive. Don't get me wrong, I can't see them ever paying way over the odds as they are so well run but to say they will turn this kind of profit every season is a little blinkered.

What they have done though, is ensured that whatever happens they will remain competitive and on a sound financial footing.

You talk so much more sense than these plonkers fair play, a far more realistic and balanced view to things and i agree with all of what you said. :thumbright:

Tue May 13, 2014 9:11 am

thevoiceofreason wrote:SCFC's profits over the last few years have been a combination of TV money, player sales and extremely good management.

Ah the sound of a well reasoned argument.

We have been fortunate enough to sell players for profit since we hit the prem and I'd be surprised if we could reproduce that every year. Maintaining steady growth in football is almost impossible too but Roathie made the point that it was a projection of growth if the same rate is maintained. If we stay in the prem then there is little to say why we can't maintain a similar pattern.

The cost of the Prem inflates with every increase but Huw has been determined to make sure we live within our means. We wont stay in the Prem forever and the club is prepared for that eventuality.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:15 am

acejack3065 wrote:We are punching above our weight but so were you. Difference is you got found out.

Who is getting rich at Swansea? Lack of ambition? You're talking shit again lol. Pay attention, 4th year in the prem, played in europe, won a cup, broke our transfer record every year, stuffed you lot.

We don't have to be someones bitch unlike you lot. How's the bigger than barca ambition working for you?

There is always somebody getting rich in a successful business, only a fool would argue otherwise. I couldnt tell you who it is, i couldnt care less.

The bigger than barca statement was nothing more than mutterings from a mad man. We were relegated because of another mad man.

If we had owners who ran our club half as good as yours we wouldnt have got relegated. It is what it is.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:16 am

I dont think it is blinkered at all. We have spent 50 million on facilities and players and still posted 60-70 million in 3 years. That's some serious money and we haven't even sold that many players. 3?

The only way our profit making and growth will be stunted is if we get relegated which I can't see happenings for a good while. People say we were in a relegation battle this season but I disagree, we finished about 10 points clear, if says a battle then let's have more.

The fact s 're there for all to see, however some choose to not see it when it comes to us.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:18 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
acejack3065 wrote:We are punching above our weight but so were you. Difference is you got found out.

There is always somebody getting rich in a successful business, only a fool would argue otherwise. I couldnt tell you who it is, i couldnt care less.

The bigger than barca statement was nothing more than mutterings from a mad man. We were relegated because of another mad man.

If we had owners who ran our club half as good as yours we wouldnt have got relegated. It is what it is.

We have covered this.

Every few years a 2 million dividend is played out to shareholders (that includes 420k to our supporters trust).

But this is included in profits posted.

Next...

Tue May 13, 2014 9:20 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:

Only a fool would assert a statement as fact and then fail to back it up with any facts.

Did Tan sacking Malky get you relegated or was it the appointment of Gollum that got you relegated. I thought Malky would have kept you up but I get the impression that the majority of fans wanted him gone.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:26 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Why get so angry?

Thats not angry roathy. I actually find it quite funny! Had you not noticed the :lol: smilies from me throughout this thread???

Whats there to deal with, its you that will have to deal with it when the clubs ambitions dont live up to the hype/shite your spewing. :thumbright:

We clearly lack ambition. Imagine a club 92nd in the football league playing in a derelict stadium and training in a leisure centre becoming a major trophy winning, European qualifying, mid table, multi million pound profit making premier league club signing 12m strikers and attracting some of the world of football biggest names as managers.
Roy of the rovers stuff. Imagine what we coulf achieve if we had ambition though.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:38 am

jackf wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Why get so angry?

We clearly lack ambition. Imagine a club 92nd in the football league playing in a derelict stadium and training in a leisure centre becoming a major trophy winning, European qualifying, mid table, multi million pound profit making premier league club signing 12m strikers and attracting some of the world of football biggest names as managers.
Roy of the rovers stuff. Imagine what we coulf achieve if we had ambition though.

I know, you might actually take the next step from being a mid table prem team at best!

Tue May 13, 2014 9:40 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
jackf wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Why get so angry?

I know, you might actually take the next step from being a mid table prem team at best!

And the penny drops :thumbup:

Tue May 13, 2014 9:44 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
jackf wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Why get so angry?

And the penny drops :thumbup:

Im glad you finally understand :thumbright:

Tue May 13, 2014 10:04 am

You certainly do :thumbright:

Tue May 13, 2014 12:35 pm

acejack3065 wrote:

Ah the sound of a well reasoned argument.

We have been fortunate enough to sell players for profit since we hit the prem and I'd be surprised if we could reproduce that every year. Maintaining steady growth in football is almost impossible too but Roathie made the point that it was a projection of growth if the same rate is maintained. If we stay in the prem then there is little to say why we can't maintain a similar pattern.

The cost of the Prem inflates with every increase but Huw has been determined to make sure we live within our means. We wont stay in the Prem forever and the club is prepared for that eventuality.

That's why they call me thevoiceofreason

Tue May 13, 2014 1:23 pm

I see Cardiff Daft! has gone for a similar theme too.

Tue May 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Yes you are Wales' number one club. I'm not afraid to admit it as it doesn't bother me. If that's what turns you then fair enough but I'm more interested in women. Each to their own I guess although I must admit I'll never understand this 'number one club' fetish a lot of you have.

:old:

Tue May 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Cardiffs new song -
We're coming for you
We're coming for you
Newport county
We're coming for you

Tue May 13, 2014 4:52 pm

waddle wrote:Cardiffs new song -
We're coming for you
We're coming for you
Newport county
We're coming for you

Are you a 12 year old child or do you go out of your way to come across as one? :roll:

Tue May 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Green Arrow wrote:
waddle wrote:Cardiffs new song -
We're coming for you
We're coming for you
Newport county
We're coming for you

Are you a 12 year old child or do you go out of your way to come across as one? :roll:

I've only changed one line from a song you sang regularly at your games there's no need to get arsey :lol:

Tue May 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:

I dont think it is blinkered at all. We have spent 50 million on facilities and players and still posted 60-70 million in 3 years. That's some serious money and we haven't even sold that many players. 3?

The only way our profit making and growth will be stunted is if we get relegated which I can't see happenings for a good while. People say we were in a relegation battle this season but I disagree, we finished about 10 points clear, if says a battle then let's have more.

The fact s 're there for all to see, however some choose to not see it when it comes to us.

Roathy is still in Ga Ga land I see :laughing6: Where is this £60-£70 million profit in 3 years you talk about then??
2010-2011, your promotion season you posted an £8.3 millon loss FACT
2011-2012, your first season you posted a £14.6 million profit aided by £5 million compensation from Brendan Rogers departure FACT
2012-2013, Aided by a cup final appearance and player sales you made a £15.3 miilion profit FACT

I make that £29.9 million, thats a little bit off your £60-£70 million eh :laughing6:
So Roathy, there's no reason to pluck numbers out of the air to make out your club is doing better than it is, your already punching above your weight, which is admirable for a club your size with limited resources. As I have said to you before, I would be surprised if your profit is in double figures for 2013-2014 :thumbup:

Tue May 13, 2014 5:58 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Roathy is still in Ga Ga land I see :laughing6: Where is this £60-£70 million profit in 3 years you talk about then??
2010-2011, your promotion season you posted an £8.3 millon loss FACT
2011-2012, your first season you posted a £14.6 million profit aided by £5 million compensation from Brendan Rogers departure FACT
2012-2013, Aided by a cup final appearance and player sales you made a £15.3 miilion profit FACT

I make that £29.9 million, thats a little bit off your £60-£70 million eh :laughing6:
So Roathy, there's no reason to pluck numbers out of the air to make out your club is doing better than it is, your already punching above your weight, which is admirable for a club your size with limited resources. As I have said to you before, I would be surprised if your profit is in double figures for 2013-2014 :thumbup:

Read the thread again pal :D

£29.9 million over the last 2 years.

£30m projected profit this year

£29.9m + £30m = £59.9m :thumbup:

P.s. you are doung the chuckles trick of discounting player sales while happily counting player purchases - they are linked :thumbup: