Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Wales No1 Club......

Mon May 12, 2014 10:50 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:Self explanatory really.

We make the most profit in the Premier League.

Show us the figures then (including the other teams if you can)...

Was posted on here not so long ago.

But all you need to do is multiply £25m-£30m by 10 and you will see a quarter of a billion pounds.

Some people at swansea getting very rich.

Mon May 12, 2014 10:53 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

Was posted on here not so long ago.

But all you need to do is multiply £25m-£30m by 10 and you will see a quarter of a billion pounds.

Some people at swansea getting very rich.

Yep, the club.

There is a small £2m shareholders dividend paid every few years. But that is included in profits posted :thumbup:

Mon May 12, 2014 10:55 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:

SWANSEA City enjoyed perhaps their best ever season on the pitch – and the numbers stacked up off it.

Swansea were the most profitable club in the Premier League across the 2012-13 campaign, when they earned £21 million before tax.

That was the season when Michael Laudrup's team finished ninth in the table and won the Capital One Cup – hence it is regarded as perhaps the best campaign Swansea have ever had.

But having sold Joe Allen and Scott Sinclair at the start of the season for a total of more than £21 million, Swansea achieved that success while also making money.

According to figures compiled by football finance blog The Swiss Ramble, Swansea were one of just eight top-flight clubs who made a pre-tax profit in 2012-13.

They topped the list ahead of Newcastle (£10 million) and Arsenal (£7 million).

"The philosophy of the club is to make sure we run on a sound footing financially," said a Swans spokesman.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:01 am

pembroke allan wrote:fantastically brilliant for you! funny thing is no city fan gives a flying fck. :thumbup:
and you cant argue with that! :lol:

This ^^^

Mon May 12, 2014 11:02 am

murphy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:fantastically brilliant for you! funny thing is no city fan gives a flying fck. :thumbup:
and you cant argue with that! :lol:

This ^^^

The replies suggest otherwise. :thumbup:

Mon May 12, 2014 11:10 am

BadaBing wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

SWANSEA City enjoyed perhaps their best ever season on the pitch – and the numbers stacked up off it.

Swansea were the most profitable club in the Premier League across the 2012-13 campaign, when they earned £21 million before tax.

That was the season when Michael Laudrup's team finished ninth in the table and won the Capital One Cup – hence it is regarded as perhaps the best campaign Swansea have ever had.

But having sold Joe Allen and Scott Sinclair at the start of the season for a total of more than £21 million, Swansea achieved that success while also making money.

According to figures compiled by football finance blog The Swiss Ramble, Swansea were one of just eight top-flight clubs who made a pre-tax profit in 2012-13.

"The philosophy of the club is to make sure we run on a sound footing financially," said a Swans spokesman.

:lol:

Wow, watch out Man City :lol:

Mon May 12, 2014 11:12 am

BadaBing wrote:

So Swansea made 21 million, yet sold players for more than 21 million? That's what I'm getting from this article...

So if Swansea hadn't sold those players.. They wouldn't have made profit?

Mon May 12, 2014 11:13 am

They will be safe for a while yet.

The point being made is that it is ridiculous to suggest all we can hope for is mad table when we are the most profitable club in the league. We are on course for a club wealth of a quarter of a billion in 9-10 years time.

I assume its just bias rather than a lack of sense stopping you acknowledging your obvious mistake.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:15 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:They will be safe for a while yet.

The point being made is that it is ridiculous to suggest all we can hope for is mad table when we are the most profitable club in the league. We are on course for a club wealth of a quarter of a billion in 9-10 years time.

I assume its just bias rather than a lack of sense stopping you acknowledging your obvious mistake.

Breaking news BBC sport, Man City shitting themselves.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:17 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
BadaBing wrote:

So Swansea made 21 million, yet sold players for more than 21 million? That's what I'm getting from this article...

So if Swansea hadn't sold those players.. They wouldn't have made profit?

If you are going to discount players sold then it would make sense to discount players bought too.

Which would leave a £15m profit.

However since income has increased this season by £35m the profits will be gigantic as we continue to keep our bonus related wage structure.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:18 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:

As I said, they dont need to be just yet. Growth takes time.

However any club that has a spending power of £300m is a concern for anyone. We will have that if we continue making these profits for a decade.

Thats just a fact.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:20 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:If you are going to discount players sold then it would make sense to discount players bought too.

However since income has increased this season by £35m the profits will be gigantic as we continue to keep our bonus related wage structure.

I'm not discounting players, I'm just saying that to assume that you will make that amount every year, because you made it this one season is unrealistic, unless you are intending on selling over £ 20 million worth of players every season?

Mon May 12, 2014 11:22 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:If you are going to discount players sold then it would make sense to discount players bought too.

I'm not discounting players, I'm just saying that to assume that you will make that amount every year, because you made it this one season is unrealistic, unless you are intending on selling over £ 20 million worth of players every season?

No its not unrealistic at all. We could have sold nobody and still been the most profitable club in the league.

The extra £35m income from that date also suggests it is fair to assume we will continue to make these profits without relying on player sales.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:23 am

Can't argue with that.

The difference though is that you won't always have the best team, where as we will always be the biggest club in Wales no matter what, and you all know it. :thumbup:

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
No its not unrealistic at all. We could have sold nobody and still been the most profitable club in the league.

Evidently not. The article states that you made 21 million profit, yet sold players for more than 21 million.

So if you hadn't sold anyone, you wouldn't have made any profit at all.

Unless the article is incorrect, of course.

JonCCFC wrote:Can't argue with that.

The difference though is that you won't always have the best team, where as we will always be the biggest club in Wales no matter what, and you all know it. :thumbup:

Thats a hope rather than a fact.

I genuinely think if you put that question to the world, you would come an incredibly distant second.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:27 am

See the aussie jack is ripping you apart again, :laughing6: :thumbup:

Mon May 12, 2014 11:27 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Evidently not. The article states that you made 21 million profit, yet sold players for more than 21 million.

So if you hadn't sold anyone, you wouldn't have made any profit at all.

Unless the article is incorrect, of course.

But you are discounting one figure and leaving another stand.

If our player acquisitions were discounted (sales and purchases) - we would still be the most profitable club in the Premier League. If we hadnt sold Joe Allen then we wouldnt have bought Ki, if we hadnt sold Sinclair then we woukdnt have bought Hernandez and so forth.

They are connected.

However with £35m extra income player sales dont even come into it.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:28 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

As I said, they dont need to be just yet. Growth takes time.

However any club that has a spending power of £300m is a concern for anyone. We will have that if we continue making these profits for a decade.

Thats just a fact.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:29 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Can't argue with that.

Thats a hope rather than a fact.

I genuinely think if you put that question to the world, you would come an incredibly distant second.

Not hope, it's just very unlikely Swansea will ever be bigger than us.

Of course, if you ask those without good knowledge about British football they would say Swansea purely based on league position.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:30 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:

Ah the stumped smiley reply again. :lol:

Are you suggesting a club with £300m to spend isnt a concern? Or does common sense go out the window when it comes to Swansea :roll:

Mon May 12, 2014 11:32 am

JonCCFC wrote:Not hope, it's just very unlikely Swansea will ever be bigger than us.

Of course, if you ask those without good knowledge about British football they would say Swansea purely based on league position.

I think if you asked everyone in Britain then the result would be the same.

People base opinions on what they experience. In peoples living memory we are definitely the most famous and successful side.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:34 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

Are you suggesting a club with £300m to spend isnt a concern? Or does common sense go out the window when it comes to Swansea :roll:

Your well run but to think Man City will ever be shitting themselves ever. Then common sense you are clearly lacking!

Mon May 12, 2014 11:39 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

Your well run but to think Man City will ever be shitting themselves ever. Then common sense you are clearly lacking!

I dont think ive ever uttered that sentence.

Your bias is skewing your opinion.

You acknowledge that a club with £300m to spend is a concern, yet dont wish to apply that obvious logic when it comes to your rivals :D

Mon May 12, 2014 11:44 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Not hope, it's just very unlikely Swansea will ever be bigger than us.

People base opinions on what they experience. In peoples living memory we are definitely the most famous and successful side.

I disagree. Like I said, if you ask those without good knowledge of British football they will say Swansea. Ask any genuine football fan in the Britain and I'm sure they would say Cardiff, unless you're asking a kid who has only watched football for 4 years.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:45 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

You acknowledge that a club with £300m to spend is a concern, yet dont wish to apply that obvious logic when it comes to your rivals :D

You havent got £300m to spend. You never will have.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:46 am

JonCCFC wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

I disagree. Like I said, if you ask those without good knowledge of British football they will say Swansea. Ask any genuine football fan in the Britain and I'm sure they would say Cardiff, unless you're asking a kid who has only watched football for 4 years.

The average person in Britain is 40.4 years old.

Most people get into football seriously at 7 or 8 years old.

Over the last 32 years Swansea have been by far the most successful side.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:47 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

And we are back to square one.

£25m profit per year.

12X£25m = £300m

:thumbright:

(We have already banked £40m of that :thumbup: )

Mon May 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

And we are back to square one.

£25m profit per year.

12X£25m = £300m

:thumbright:

(We have already banked £40m of that :thumbup: )

Huws already had his custom yacht designed

Mon May 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Ah so we have left the smileys and are now just being silly.

At least it hit home :laughing6:

Bed time for me, night night.