Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Wales No1 Club......

Tue May 13, 2014 6:13 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
thevoiceofreason wrote:SCFC's profits over the last few years have been a combination of TV money, player sales and extremely good management.

I take your point that if you take player sales out of the equation for the next 10 years then the TV money (since the BT Sport deal) should still be enough to turn a healthy profit.

There are other factors to take into account though. Every other Premier League club will also receive this extra money and what this will do in turn is inflate transfer fees and player wages even more.

Over time this could have a knock-on effect for the Swans where they will find they need to increase wages, etc to stay somewhat competitive. Don't get me wrong, I can't see them ever paying way over the odds as they are so well run but to say they will turn this kind of profit every season is a little blinkered.

What they have done though, is ensured that whatever happens they will remain competitive and on a sound financial footing.

I dont think it is blinkered at all. We have spent 50 million on facilities and players and still posted 60-70 million in 3 years. That's some serious money and we haven't even sold that many players. 3?

The only way our profit making and growth will be stunted is if we get relegated which I can't see happenings for a good while. People say we were in a relegation battle this season but I disagree, we finished about 10 points clear, if says a battle then let's have more.

The fact s 're there for all to see, however some choose to not see it when it comes to us.

Roathy is still in Ga Ga land I see :laughing6: Where is this £60-£70 million profit in 3 years you talk about then??
2010-2011, your promotion season you posted an £8.3 millon loss FACT
2011-2012, your first season you posted a £14.6 million profit aided by £5 million compensation from Brendan Rogers departure FACT
2012-2013, Aided by a cup final appearance and player sales you made a £15.3 miilion profit FACT

I make that £29.9 million, thats a little bit off your £60-£70 million eh :laughing6:
So Roathy, there's no reason to pluck numbers out of the air to make out your club is doing better than it is, your already punching above your weight, which is admirable for a club your size with limited resources. As I have said to you before, I would be surprised if your profit is in double figures for 2013-2014 :thumbup:

There is no doubt we have been punching above our weight but the best and most gifted boxers can step up. Lets be honest looking at your last 50 years and debt you too were punching above your weight as results have proven both on and off the pitch.

Tue May 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
thevoiceofreason wrote:SCFC's profits over the last few years have been a combination of TV money, player sales and extremely good management.

I take your point that if you take player sales out of the equation for the next 10 years then the TV money (since the BT Sport deal) should still be enough to turn a healthy profit.

There are other factors to take into account though. Every other Premier League club will also receive this extra money and what this will do in turn is inflate transfer fees and player wages even more.

Over time this could have a knock-on effect for the Swans where they will find they need to increase wages, etc to stay somewhat competitive. Don't get me wrong, I can't see them ever paying way over the odds as they are so well run but to say they will turn this kind of profit every season is a little blinkered.

What they have done though, is ensured that whatever happens they will remain competitive and on a sound financial footing.

I dont think it is blinkered at all. We have spent 50 million on facilities and players and still posted 60-70 million in 3 years. That's some serious money and we haven't even sold that many players. 3?

The only way our profit making and growth will be stunted is if we get relegated which I can't see happenings for a good while. People say we were in a relegation battle this season but I disagree, we finished about 10 points clear, if says a battle then let's have more.

The fact s 're there for all to see, however some choose to not see it when it comes to us.

Roathy is still in Ga Ga land I see :laughing6: Where is this £60-£70 million profit in 3 years you talk about then??
2011-2012, your first season you posted a £14.6 million profit aided by £5 million compensation from Brendan Rogers departure FACT
2012-2013, Aided by a cup final appearance and player sales you made a £15.3 miilion profit FACT

I make that £29.9 million, thats a little bit off your £60-£70 million eh :laughing6:
So Roathy, there's no reason to pluck numbers out of the air to make out your club is doing better than it is, your already punching above your weight, which is admirable for a club your size with limited resources. As I have said to you before, I would be surprised if your profit is in double figures for 2013-2014 :thumbup:

Read the thread again pal :D

£29.9 million over the last 2 years.

£30m projected profit this year

£29.9m + £30m = £59.9m :thumbup:

P.s. you are doung the chuckles trick of discounting player sales while happily counting player purchases - they are linked :thumbup:

What a whopper you are :laughing6: Are you pissed or on smack? :laughing6: A £30 million profit this year? :laughing6: Please kindly explain how your profits will double from 2012-2013?? I can't wait for this :thumbup:

Tue May 13, 2014 6:20 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

P.s. you are doung the chuckles trick of discounting player sales while happily counting player purchases - they are linked :thumbup:

What a whopper you are :laughing6: Are you pissed or on smack? :laughing6: A £30 million profit this year? :laughing6: Please kindly explain how your profits will double from 2012-2013?? I can't wait for this :thumbup:

But a correct whopper it seems :thumbright:

- £75m this year in Prem TV money and Prize money for finishing 12th. (Last year it was only £47m)

- Prem gate reciepts including ST money and sponserships (increased on last year)

- £5m for Danny Graham and £1.25m loan fee for Ki Sung Yueng.

- We then have our European prize money, TV deal, gate receipts and European sponsorships on top. (We had none of this last year)

We made £16m profit last year and our income has pretty much doubled while expenditure has stayed roughly the same. :thumbright:

Tue May 13, 2014 8:09 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

- £75m this year in Prem TV money and Prize money for finishing 12th. (Last year it was only £47m)

- Prem gate reciepts including ST money and sponserships (increased on last year)

- We then have our European prize money, TV deal, gate receipts and European sponsorships on top. (We had none of this last year)

We made £16m profit last year and our income has pretty much doubled while expenditure has stayed roughly the same. :thumbright:

You made £15.3 million profit last year :thumbup: and that's with player transfer profit of £12.1 million :thumbup: You also benefitted from your Capital One cup run and win, whic probably off sets your Europa money. You will be lucky to make a £2 million profit from Europa Cup, your probably correct in gate receipts increasing, didn't you put in an extra 200 seats for this season? :laughing6: Bonus payents and wages probably increased this season and a bit of compo for Laudrup, like I say you will lucky to make a double figure profit. :thumbup:

Tue May 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

You made £15.3 million profit last year :thumbup: and that's with player transfer profit of £12.1 million :thumbup: You also benefitted from your Capital One cup run and win, whic probably off sets your Europa money. You will be lucky to make a £2 million profit from Europa Cup, your probably correct in gate receipts increasing, didn't you put in an extra 200 seats for this season? :laughing6: Bonus payents and wages probably increased this season and a bit of compo for Laudrup, like I say you will lucky to make a double figure profit. :thumbup:

He's forgotten the transfers fees paid for bony, shelvey plus the Bosman costs of signing on fees for canas and a few others along with loan fees.

Amazing the jacks memories. Most didn't even realise football existed until 3 years ago. They forget the 2 administrations. They seem to forget that history shows we have a superior record to them over the years. The only thing they have done over us other than the carling cup is the jp trophy and when they won that they had to try and get one over on us by defacing the welsh flag.

Wed May 14, 2014 2:12 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

:D TV money alone is a £28m increase in income on last year.

We spent £19.87m this year on transfers and £16.67 last year. An increase of £3.2m in expenditure.

Our gate rciepts increased not only in number but in amount of games played. We played 60 games home and away this year. We are probably 1 million AT LEAST up on gate reciepts from last year as each non season ticketed match earns the club £400k with an attendance of 15,000.

Bonus payments are the same as last year, in fact less. The bonus payments are in relation to where we finish, we finished 12th this year as opposed to 9th last year - so we even make an expenditure profit there to the tune of £2.25m.

Lastly, yes we had the capital one cup win... But that doesnt come with its own TV deal and sponsorships like European competition does. We get a flat £5m TV rights just for being in it which of course alone is more than you get for the capital one cup run AND win put together.

So of all the points you raised it seems we are £30m up on last year. So now we look at player sales.

Last year was £21m - this year is was £6m. That is a defecit of £15m.

So £30m of profit on last year - take away £15m in "lost" transfer revenue = £15m profit on last year.

£15.9 profit last year + £15m diffarential this year = £30.9m profit :thumbright:

(Take a couple of million off for increased wages and I think you will find a figure between £25m and £30m profit) :wave:

Wed May 14, 2014 3:11 am

Why are we talking about profits?
How much did we make in the last 3 years?

You guys are picking the wrong arguments here. We can't compete on profits and losses in our situation. Maybe in the future, but not now.

Are we the no.1 club in Wales? That is the subject of the thread.
We can safely say that we have a larger catchment for fans and no other close rivals.
We have a larger venue which means we can perform live in front of more fans.
We have an infrastructure commensurate with being the Capital City of Wales.
We are closer to other top clubs than our main rivals.
We can attract investment as the largest city.
When we become an established Premier League club, then the profits will follow at a fast rate (because of all of the above).

No other Welsh club has the potential that Cardiff has, so it should be considered the No.1 Welsh club IMHO.

Wed May 14, 2014 4:20 am

This catchment area thing does make me smile slightly.

It strikes me like the Hunchback of Notre Dame saying he is quids in because he lives in a place with 1000 hot women as opposed to a handsome prince who lives in a place with 100 hot women.

There is no use in being available to more people if they all dont like you :D

Cardiff is not an attractive football club for fans regardless of "catchment area".

Wed May 14, 2014 4:49 am

Tns were coming for you

Wed May 14, 2014 7:36 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

:D TV money alone is a £28m increase in income on last year.

We spent £19.87m this year on transfers and £16.67 last year. An increase of £3.2m in expenditure.

Our gate rciepts increased not only in number but in amount of games played. We played 60 games home and away this year. We are probably 1 million AT LEAST up on gate reciepts from last year as each non season ticketed match earns the club £400k with an attendance of 15,000.

Bonus payments are the same as last year, in fact less. The bonus payments are in relation to where we finish, we finished 12th this year as opposed to 9th last year - so we even make an expenditure profit there to the tune of £2.25m.

Lastly, yes we had the capital one cup win... But that doesnt come with its own TV deal and sponsorships like European competition does. We get a flat £5m TV rights just for being in it which of course alone is more than you get for the capital one cup run AND win put together.

So of all the points you raised it seems we are £30m up on last year. So now we look at player sales.

Last year was £21m - this year is was £6m. That is a defecit of £15m.

So £30m of profit on last year - take away £15m in "lost" transfer revenue = £15m profit on last year.

£15.9 profit last year + £15m diffarential this year = £30.9m profit :thumbright:

(Take a couple of million off for increased wages and I think you will find a figure between £25m and £30m profit) :wave:

Already dropping to £25 million now eh, Roathy?? :laughing6: Please provide me a link to report that says Swansea get £5 million in TV rights for the Europa League?

Wed May 14, 2014 7:44 am

I did suggest you read the thead young man, that still stands.

Ive stated it was £25m - £30m all along... In fact, my workings out included the sole figure of £25m :thumbup:

As for a link, i dont have a link. Does that mean we didnt get anything? :laughing6:

Wed May 14, 2014 8:00 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:I did suggest you read the thead young man, that still stands.

Ive stated it was £25m - £30m all along... In fact, my workings out included the sole figure of £25m :thumbup:

As for a link, i dont have a link. Does that mean we didnt get anything? :laughing6:

You lie so much Roathy, you forget what you have said :laughing6: You stated originally that you will make £60-£70 million profit over 3 years, now if you make £25 million this year that adds up to £54 million, so I have read your posts and as is proven your plucking figures out if thin air :laughing6: I hope you run your business with a little more dilligence :laughing6:

As you well know, the link is needed, as otherwise people will just think this £5 million TV rights money is a fictitious amount that you have just plucked out of the air. So no proof means, it doesn't exist :thumbup:

Wed May 14, 2014 8:07 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:I did suggest you read the thead young man, that still stands.

You lie so much Roathy, you forget what you have said :laughing6: You stated originally that you will make £60-£70 million profit over 3 years, now if you make £25 million this year that adds up to £54 million, so I have read your posts and as is proven your plucking figures out if thin air :laughing6: I hope you run your business with a little more dilligence :laughing6:

:laughing6: i dont lie at all sunshine. Im giving estimates £25m - £30m profits for this year. Added to £30m already is £55m - £60m. Does that take away from my point then?

Lets not forget you said £2m :laughing6:

As you well know, the link is needed, as otherwise people will just think this £5 million TV rights money is a fictitious amount that you have just plucked out of the air. So no proof means, it doesn't exist :thumbup:

how about this then? You give me a link disproving the £5m TV deal :thumbright:

If you cant do it then we will assume im right :D

Now then - after ive shown a £25m - £30m profit this year, show me how you think it is a £2m profit :laughing6:

Failure to do so and we will all just assume you are lying with a clear basis of bias :thumbup:

Wed May 14, 2014 8:08 am

i dont know what Swansea record was, but you can work it out from here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europ ... rize_money

Wed May 14, 2014 8:10 am

From page 2....

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
But all you need to do is multiply £25m-£30m by 10 and you will see a quarter of a billion pounds.

Now how about stopping the vendetta nit picking and put AN ACTUAL counter to that to back your claims up that we will only make a £2m profit....

And a counter doesnt include "show me a link you get TV money or it means you must get nothing" :laughing6:

Wed May 14, 2014 8:20 am

http://www.uefa.org/about-uefa/news/newsid=1845777.html

another one here.

All in all i imagine the 5m mark is roughly right considering they qualified from the group.

Wed May 14, 2014 8:21 am

paulh_85 wrote:http://www.uefa.org/about-uefa/news/newsid=1845777.html

another one here.

All in all i imagine the 5m mark is roughly right considering they qualified from the group.

Correct. That doesnt include Uefa sponsosrships, domestic sponsorships and gate reciepts either.

Wed May 14, 2014 8:42 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:From page 2....

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
But all you need to do is multiply £25m-£30m by 10 and you will see a quarter of a billion pounds.

Now how about stopping the vendetta nit picking and put AN ACTUAL counter to that to back your claims up that we will only make a £2m profit....

And a counter doesnt include "show me a link you get TV money or it means you must get nothing" :laughing6:

Where have I said you will make £2 million profit this year? I have said several times in this thread that I will be surprised if you make a double digit profit :thumbup:

As you cannot post any proof of a £5 million TV rights payout, then we can only conclude that it is lies and a figure that you have made up, which then casts huge doubt on all your other statements :thumbup:

Wed May 14, 2014 8:46 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:From page 2....

Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Where have I said you will make £2 million profit this year? I have said several times in this thread that I will be surprised if you make a double digit profit :thumbup:

As you cannot post any proof of a £5 million TV rights payout, then we can only conclude that it is lies and a figure that you have made up, which then casts huge doubt on all your other statements :thumbup:

:lol: good point, nobody gets anything in Europe, we do it for free.

Ironically even if that was the case we would still be making a £20m-£25m profit anyway from figures that are widely available and not needing links :laughing6:

Yep thats the sound of a knife right through your vendetta.... Ouch :D

Wed May 14, 2014 1:45 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:This catchment area thing does make me smile slightly.

It strikes me like the Hunchback of Notre Dame saying he is quids in because he lives in a place with 1000 hot women as opposed to a handsome prince who lives in a place with 100 hot women.

There is no use in being available to more people if they all dont like you :D

Cardiff is not an attractive football club for fans regardless of "catchment area".

The attendance figures this season suggest that our club gas substantial appeal. We' have sold out on several occasions despite adding extra seating.

The new extension will go into use next season so again, we will attract more supporters. It is true that going down to the 2nd tier may initially cause a slight dip in the gate, but when we start putting together a string of wins, they will return.

Fans don't like to admit it, but nobody wants to see their side lose: How many fans do you know who won't watch MOTD if they lose. Same thing.

We are the Capital of Wales and will succeed.

Wed May 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:The attendance figures this season suggest that our club gas substantial appeal. We' have sold out on several occasions despite adding extra seating.

and we haven't? your reasoning is vague and as for your constant 'we are the capital of wales' .. well your only the administrative capital since 1955 and its the English who made Cardiff the capital its not like your have a traditional claim to that title.

But back to the thread... Swansea City AFC is No 1... argue as much as you like but facts are facts :thumbup:

Wed May 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Gowerjack wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:The attendance figures this season suggest that our club gas substantial appeal. We' have sold out on several occasions despite adding extra seating.

and we haven't? your reasoning is vague and as for your constant 'we are the capital of wales' .. well your only the administrative capital since 1955 and its the English who made Cardiff the capital its not like your have a traditional claim to that title.

But back to the thread... Swansea City AFC is No 1... argue as much as you like but facts are facts :thumbup:

Cardiff is The Capital - Fact
Cardiff Stadium is bigger than Swansea's - Fact
Where are your facts about Swansea, apart from finishing higher in the PL than us?

Wed May 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:Cardiff is The Capital - Fact <---- Administrative capital the traditional capital of wales is Machynlleth

Cardiff Stadium is bigger than Swansea's - Fact <---- number of seats means nothing otherwise Sunderland would be classed as bigger than, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City

Where are your facts about Swansea, apart from finishing higher in the PL than us? <--- that's a silly question, Swansea fans everywhere you go everyone love's the jacks mun 8-)

Wed May 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Gowerjack wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:Cardiff is The Capital - Fact <---- Administrative capital the traditional capital of wales is Machynlleth

Cardiff Stadium is bigger than Swansea's - Fact <---- number of seats means nothing otherwise Sunderland would be classed as bigger than, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City

Where are your facts about Swansea, apart from finishing higher in the PL than us? <--- that's a silly question, Swansea fans everywhere you go everyone love's the jacks mun 8-)

So no facts about Swansea then. :shock:

I don't see Machynlleth on tourism brochures or business articles so Wales must have been due for an upgrade. Look no further than Cardiff. Your point is a silly one. Cardiff has a larger population and if you count the outlying areas, almost 1 million residents. Swansea and environs can't muster up half of that.

The point about the stadium is a good one if the seats are empty but they aren't. I fully expect the attendance figures at CCS next season to be amongst the highest in the division and certainly a lot higher than at the liberty. You can say all you want about your stadium being full, but if that's the case, expand as we have.

Nice try!

Wed May 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:

Where are your facts about Swansea, apart from finishing higher in the PL than us?

"apart from finishing higher in the PL"

so apart from being better at the actual game which is the entire point of football we aren't a bigger club lol. I bet Leeds are chuffed that they are a such a huge club. Its a wonder that they ever actually kick a football. They might as well all turn up every saturday and just proclaim how big they are because of their stadium and their fans because for big football clubs the football is meaningless. That's effectively what your fans do every time we beat you or do better than you.

Bigger club, bigger stadium blah blah, nothing relevant about playing football, sleeping giant, huge catchment area, blah blah, potential, blah blah.

Here's a sobering fact. The big clubs back their big attitude up with big results. Ultimately thats what makes them a big club. So called Big clubs that underachieve shrink. Look at the sheffield clubs or leeds.

Wed May 14, 2014 4:45 pm

acejack3065 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:

so apart from being better at the actual game which is the entire point of football we aren't a bigger club lol. I bet Leeds are chuffed that they are a such a huge club. Its a wonder that they ever actually kick a football. They might as well all turn up every saturday and just proclaim how big they are because of their stadium and their fans because for big football clubs the football is meaningless. That's effectively what your fans do every time we beat you or do better than you.

Bigger club, bigger stadium blah blah, nothing relevant about playing football, sleeping giant, huge catchment area, blah blah, potential, blah blah.

Here's a sobering fact. The big clubs back their big attitude up with big results. Ultimately thats what makes them a big club. So called Big clubs that underachieve shrink. Look at the sheffield clubs or leeds.

Cardiff did earn a place in the PL as champions last year, which is an achievement. Ok, we had a disappointing final placement, but beat Man C and Soton. So on our day, we can play. Points honours even for the 2 Derby matches. Best keeper in the league according to many experts. Hardly just turning up is it?

We have issues with our owner, but the fans are starting to get through to him that we want our identity back. Just a matter of time.

Wed May 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
acejack3065 wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
Gowerjack wrote:

Cardiff did earn a place in the PL as champions last year, which is an achievement. Ok, we had a disappointing final placement, but beat Man C and Soton. So on our day, we can play. Points honours even for the 2 Derby matches. Best keeper in the league according to many experts. Hardly just turning up is it?

We have issues with our owner, but the fans are starting to get through to him that we want our identity back. Just a matter of time.

Time a mad owner and 130,000,000 other obstacles and rising.
And yes finishing bottom is just about turning up.

Thu May 15, 2014 6:22 am

Woodville Willie ,were light years ahead of u ,Fact☺

Thu May 15, 2014 11:31 am

elo wrote:Woodville Willie ,were light years ahead of u ,Fact☺

:lol: the same swansea who were in a relegation scrap for most of the season. You lot are as deluded as you are obsessed.

Your digging a huge hole the lot of you. When it all goes tits up and you get relegated which will eventually happen to a club as small as yours, you'll all be nowhere to be seen on here. Roathy excluded as he'll still be on here telling us how they have £300 billion trillion saved in the bank for a rainy day.

Thu May 15, 2014 11:35 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
elo wrote:Woodville Willie ,were light years ahead of u ,Fact☺

:lol: the same swansea who were in a relegation scrap for most of the season. You lot are as deluded as you are obsessed.

Your digging a huge hole the lot of you. When it all goes tits up and you get relegated which will eventually happen to a club as small as yours, you'll all be nowhere to be seen on here. Roathy excluded as he'll still be on here telling us how they have £300 billion trillion saved in the bank for a rainy day.

Relegation scrap? :laughing5: :laughing5: Its been a while rmind me what they are again?