Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WITH THE GREATEST RESPECT "BLACKPOOL"

Thu May 20, 2010 9:19 pm

WE MUST TREAT BLACKPOOL FC.

Lets face it they have come from nowhere to the verge of the big time in one unbelieveable season, let us not forget at the start of this season when we all looked at the fixture lists and guessed our final league position that any of us predicted Blackpool to be any near the top half of the table let alone in the play offs.

They were in fact one of the bookies favourites to be relegated this season while we were tipped by many pundits for automatic promotion but nearly all predicted a play off berth at least. Then there is their wage bill, what many may not know is that Blackpool actually have the 2nd smallest wage bill, only Scunthorpe can boast of a smaller bill. Where as we are well known to be very lavish with the wages, in fact the fourth highest wage bill in the division.

Blackpool's directors were so convinced that they were in for a hard season they put an offer of a £5million bonus to their players if they got promoted this season where as we offered ours half of that.

Blackpools players really dont have it as good as many other professionals, they actually take home their own kit and wash it themselves, not even our apprentices do that, whilst talking of our apprentices they dont even scrub the first team players boots anymore.

Coupled with low wages, in comparison to other teams, Blackpool's players do get a small appearence fee of a few hundred pounds, but only if they play the full game. Our players get their appearence even if they make the subs bench and dont even play.

The one thing the Blackpool players deserve is respect I believe for what they have achieved so far this season and you could argue that they have done so against the odds too, I dont buy into this thinking of they have gone as far as they can, that they have somehow had their cup final. They deserve respect from our players, our coaching staff and our fans and I hope they get it, because if it were'nt us in the final against them I would be rooting for them.

BUT AS LONG AS OUR SQUAD, THE STAFF AND US, THE FANS, GIVE EVERYTHING TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY THEN I BELIEVE WE WILL BEAT BLACKPOOL ON SATURDAY AND WE WILL BE A PREMIERSHIP CLUB. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WITH THE GREATEST RESPECT

Thu May 20, 2010 9:20 pm

carl i am on the verge of a breakdown now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu May 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Carl, Excellent Post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I respect them and I hope Our Team does, If I was Honest if We were not playing them, I would want them to Win the Final against any of the other Sides in Our Division. :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Carl, i was told yesterday that the Blackpool players get paid £90 a week for 2 months after the season finishes, dont know how much truth is in that but thats what i was told.

Thu May 20, 2010 9:26 pm

yep well copied :lol: i mean edited no written. :ayatollah:

blackpool appear and are happy to be called the little club/team but where they have got to should not be forgotten.

Thu May 20, 2010 9:28 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:yep well copied :lol: i mean edited no written. :ayatollah:

blackpool appear and are happy to be called the little club/team but where they have got to should not be forgotten.

copied what Nip :?:

Thu May 20, 2010 9:29 pm

According to the papers they even pay to wash their own kit I agree with you Annis if city wernt playing id want Blackpool to win

Thu May 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Nice post Carl....but you did sound like Yoda in your opening line :lol:

Thu May 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Everyone says we have the 4th highest wage bill, but who are higher? I'm guessing Newcastle and west Brom are higher, but are Forest next? I would find it hard to believe that we weren't 2nd highest

Thu May 20, 2010 9:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:

glad we sorted that out :D

Thu May 20, 2010 10:07 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

glad we sorted that out :D

:D :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 10:08 pm

Andy, We had the story on here 6 days ago. The Echo copy our Stories. Read My post for once The Riddler has got it right about Bonus etc :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WITH THE GREATEST RESPECT "BLACKPOOL"

Fri May 21, 2010 5:51 am

i did annis right after the call, as i said remember seeing that. just was uncanny :D

nevermind 1 more sleep

Fri May 21, 2010 6:26 am

Why would any team be silly enough not to show respect to their opponents?? Underestimate your opponents at your peril.

Blackpool are in the final on merit and ability alone,... not luck...ability, they will battle for everything and will play for each other, they have a very strong team ethic and will be highly motivated by their passionate manager, I can't understand anyone who would think a win for us is a "done job", in fact I am quite worried we may come unstuck tomorrow unless we face up to them and match their commitment. It's an even contest IMO and a game that could turn on a bad refereeing decision or a slip up by one player. If Blackpool don't do it this season I doubt they will be in this position next season so they will battle to the end, we must match them, no good playing pretty stuff if there's no fight and will to win behind it.

TOTAL RESPECT to tomorrows opponents, proper team.proper fans.

Fri May 21, 2010 8:50 am

This is a playoff final. No matter who we're playing if we don't play to our best we won't win tomorrow, simple as. Blackpool, Nottingham Forest or Leicester, no matter who it was going to be we would need to play to our potential otherwise we'll be going home crying tomorrow.

Fri May 21, 2010 8:21 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 21, 2010 10:57 pm

They will play with pride passion and Olly would command nothing less. I have great admiration for Ian Holloway.
But if we play the way we know we can we can defo beat Blackpool. But if we are off the boil we WILL come unstuck. :ayatollah: