Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I DON'T AGREE ABOUT MARSHALL "

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:30 pm

There are 3 players that many fans and the media expect that will leave Cardiff City this summer, Stephen Caulker, Gary Medel and David Marshall.

I go along with the notion that Caulker and Medel will leave but I am not so sure about Marshall going.

If Arsenal want Marshall then the question must be will he play or will he be the number two goalie behind Szczesny, if so is that what Marshall needs for his career?

Apparently Arsenal have told Marshall he will come in as the number two.

I accept that money will obviously play its part but I do believe Marshall will want and need to be playing regular.

So if it is not a top 10 side and Marshall can take the number one position then I can't see him going to a lower end Premier League club but would stay with us and fight to get us back up.

Hope I am right. :bluescarf:

What are your opinions ?

Re: I DON'T AGREE ABOUT MARSHALL

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:There are 3 players that many fans and the media expect that will leave Cardiff City this summer, Stephen Caulker, Gary Medel and David Marshall.

I go along with the notion that Caulker and Medel will leave but I am not so sure about Marshall going.

If Arsenal want Marshall then the question must be will he play or will he be the number two goalie behind Szczesny, if so is that what Marshall needs for his career?

I accept that money will obviously play its part but I do believe Marshall will want and need to be playing regular.

So if it is not a top 10 side and Marshall can take the number one position then I can't see him going to a lower end Premier League club but would stay with us and fight to get us back up.

What are your opinions ?

I don't think he will leave to sit on the bench of a spurs or Liverpool Carl. Spoken to him several times and seems a very genuine and down to earth guy which is a breath of fresh air when you look at the Zahas of the world

Re: " I DON'T AGREE ABOUT MARSHALL "

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:41 pm

Marshall hasn't said anything about wanting to leave for a bigger club, he even said he's happy at cardiff so dunno why everyone thinks he'll leave

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:51 pm

David Marshall said just the other day that he was happy at Cardiff, and that his wife and children love living in South Wales. Also, that he and Alan McGregor have a healthy rivalry to be Scotland's no. 1. He said that at this stage of his Scotland career he needs to be playing every week.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:51 pm

He,s one of our best ever players class act

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:54 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:There are 3 players that many fans and the media expect that will leave Cardiff City this summer, Stephen Caulker, Gary Medel and David Marshall.

What are your opinions ?

I don't think he will leave to sit on the bench of a spurs or Liverpool Carl. Spoken to him several times and seems a very genuine and down to earth guy which is a breath of fresh air when you look at the Zahas of the world

If or when he leaves, it will have to be a combination of his decision and a suitably high transfer fee. As time goes on, this seems less likely. Arsenal were way shy of the mark so if that's an indication, he will be with Cardiff next season

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:04 pm

What are your opinions ?

I agree and if we did unfortunately have to sell to a top end club, we are in a position to ask a big price, 10mill+ IMO in today's climate

Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:18 pm

always a difficult one for a keeper..........do you possibly double your money for 3 years but not play........or stay put for a lot less for 1st team football,and hope you dont get injured , have a run of bad luck or poor form...

i dont think it will even get to being his decision though.....just cant see anyone offering more than £6

Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:18 pm

steve davies wrote:

What are your opinions ?

From what I've seen there aren't many keepers in this division who would keep him on the bench.

He's certainly better than Liverpool's no. 1 - and Arsenal's IMHO.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:24 pm

What are your opinions ?

Carl you are right to think that Marshall won't leave city because he would get to play every single week which he won't with arsenal also he got big ambition to be Scotland No1 which is why he won't leave to be understudy to another keeper

Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Luckily the club doesn't have to sell for the transfer fees nowadays. I don't think he will go anywhere as number 2. He could go to Liverpool as number 1 though! :ole:

Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:18 pm

I don't think anyone will get near our transfer valuation personally and we will keep him at least until January. Never know tho as money talks

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:11 pm

welshman19 wrote:Marshall hasn't said anything about wanting to leave for a bigger club, he even said he's happy at cardiff so dunno why everyone thinks he'll leave

:thumbup:

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:26 pm

welshman19 wrote:Marshall hasn't said anything about wanting to leave for a bigger club, he even said he's happy at cardiff so dunno why everyone thinks he'll leave

2 reasons.....the first is i dont think anyone can be happy working for a company that seems totally clueless and none of the employees seem that happy
secondly......money......marshall would double his money with a team like arsenal,we could be talking and extra million a year...but this is only my opinion... :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:37 pm

What are your opinions ?

if so is that what Marshall needs for his career?

IS CARDIFF WHAT MARSHALL NEEDS FOR HIS CAREER? NO

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:59 pm

I believe that Hugo Loris will go to P.S.G. and Marshall will be first choice goalie at spurs.Interesting to note that nothing has been posted about Noone,Premier league quality I think, perhaps his injury is putting off suitors for his signature