Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' New Ninian Stand photos '

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:23 pm

People can stop complaining about how far the roof isn't going to go now :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New Ninian Stand photos

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:26 pm

How's that roof staying up ? :lol:

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:27 pm

CantonJack wrote:People can stop complaining about how far the roof isn't going to go now :thumbright:

Can I complain about how the pitch of the new roof is not the same as the old one?

Re: ' New Ninian Stand photos '

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Looks. Great. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:07 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:How's that roof staying up ? :lol:

The roof stays up with sky hooks great invention :)

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:15 pm

It would look awesome if blue seats were going in there with the rest of the stadium.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Arrow wrote:

They must be strong. Looks great anyway, atleast there's no pillars or anything blocking people view.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:20 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
Arrow wrote:

They must be strong. Looks great anyway, atleast there's no pillars or anything blocking people view.

They'll have pillars on the sides where the clear plastic will be to keep the wind and rain out. That'll probably support it enough

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Anyone know when the deadline is for it to be finished? Still plenty of work to be done by the looks of it

Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:08 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Anyone know when the deadline is for it to be finished? Still plenty of work to be done by the looks of it

July 18th :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:12 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:Anyone know when the deadline is for it to be finished? Still plenty of work to be done by the looks of it

July 18th :bluescarf:

Cheers mate :ayatollah: gunna go down to the wire then by the looks

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:06 pm

I'm seated on row M and the rain when swirling in is a right pain,thankfully last season it was a rare occurrence. the height of the new roof will allow rain easier access unless it stretches further across the bottom rows.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:23 pm

kempes wrote:I'm seated on row M and the rain when swirling in is a right pain,thankfully last season it was a rare occurrence. the height of the new roof will allow rain easier access unless it stretches further across the bottom rows.

Depends which direction really. If it's coming from behind the Ninian then the whole stand will stay dry probably, whereas before the first few rows would get soaked no matter what direction the wind was blowing. If it's glowing towards the Ninian though most of the bottom tier will get wet

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:36 pm

CantonJack wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
Arrow wrote:

They'll have pillars on the sides where the clear plastic will be to keep the wind and rain out. That'll probably support it enough

no pillars, as with the rest of the roof........infact with this new roof the bulk of the weight is already there, its done by distributing the downward forces of the roof through the pillars within the stand itself.........

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:01 am

I cant see this being ready in just over a months time. :o

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:17 am

Dahboy wrote:I cant see this being ready in just over a months time. :o

I was thinking the same, im no construction expert, but does seems a hellova lot of work left to do in 6weeks judging by resent pictures....by the way, that roof is gonna look immense... Feking size on it lol

Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:24 am

Looks absolutely shit in my eyes looks like an extension why didnt they blend it in to match the existing part of the stadium. It looks like a yellow sleave on a pink jumper could of fitted In much better so my view is its poor its shit.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:41 am

looking good :bluescarf:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:08 am

brickyblue wrote:Looks absolutely shit in my eyes looks like an extension why didnt they blend it in to match the existing part of the stadium. It looks like a yellow sleave on a pink jumper could of fitted In much better so my view is its poor its shit.

oh dear

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:25 am

Another piece was being put on at 8.00am this morning. :thumbup:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:41 am

I think it looks awful.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:51 am

beauty is in the eye of the beholder? trouble is lots of short sighted people on this board! :lol:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:55 am

pembroke allan wrote:beauty is in the eye of the beholder? trouble is lots of short sighted people on this board! :lol:

Or, they just happen to think it looks hideous? That is allowed, you know. :thumbup:

I certainly wouldn't stick an extension on the side of my house that was totally different to the other parts of the house. The blue mixed cladding was bad enough, now it's got an extra appendage stuck on the side of it that's grey and red, it looks even worse.

All my opinion, of course. :bluescarf:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:54 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:beauty is in the eye of the beholder? trouble is lots of short sighted people on this board! :lol:

Or, they just happen to think it looks hideous? That is allowed, you know. :thumbup:

I certainly wouldn't stick an extension on the side of my house that was totally different to the other parts of the house. The blue mixed cladding was bad enough, now it's got an extra appendage stuck on the side of it that's grey and red, it looks even worse.

i think anything that anything that sets us apart from the identikit bown style stadiums is a good thing personally, we finally have a bit of character to the ground

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:10 am

:lol:

Just drove past and it's looking immense (in every sense of the word)!

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:11 pm

Although we got relegated City are moving forward,some one eyed fans are stuck in the past and will criticize anything and everything,we move on with or without them :ayatollah:
Stadium looks awesome. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

The reason that you wouldnt stick an extention on your house is because you dont have a house chuckles. Plus the work would scare you off. :thumbup:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:21 pm

No one with an eye for design would think the outside of the extension looks any good.
Looks a bit better inside but it didn't look great outside before let alone with that motley cladded extension.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:28 pm

I can see problems with what appears to be a restricted view from the High/End seats on both ends. Looks a bit of a shambles to be honest.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Pictures really don't do it justice, when you look at it close up, it looks imposing.... Superb imo, and I'm glad they decided to build it like they did and break the bowl up, instead of doing it like the mk dons type stands. The way it is gives our stadium some much needed character, and a unique look.... The cladding around the rest of the stadium wouldn't take much to replace, and blend it all in a bit better