Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do think this season we will see those wearing Red...

Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:56 am

Being made to feel uncomfortable, threatened or even come to blows with fellow supporters? Personally from reading various message boards and now that moves have been made to provide an alternative Blue kit so ramping up the opposition, I have a feeling that there is going to be a very strained atmosphere especially at away games. Opinions?

Re: Do think this season we will see those wearing Red...

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:11 am

To be honest, I find it pretty f*cking disgusting how some fans in red shirts supposedly got treated at some games last season. Considering everyone rolled over when the rebrand came, I don't know who the hell anyone thinks they are to be able to start making personal attacks on fans at the ground who are just there to support their team.

I still get pissed off when I think about that story if the bunch of young lads ripping into the old man who was wearing a red shirt to a game. If that story is true, those kids need to get lives and grow up.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:07 am

Anyone who abuses another fan over colour of shirt they are wearing are a disgrace.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:16 am

I hope No one is threatened, I dont agree with the Red, but 100% no one deserves to be threatened :thumbright:

But I would like to see a pure BLUE stadium :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:27 am

my experience is that the aggression has come from the red side.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:48 am

I would just like to see a stadium whether it's red or blue 4 years ago we were hours of not having one

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:56 am

"Do you think this season we will see those wearing red being made to feel uncomfortable,threatened"

f*cking Hope not.... Players need to feel relaxed and confident, not the opposite... :thumbup:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:57 am

I am pro-blue and wonder why people would wear the red but it is a free country and they are entitled to wear what they want for whatever reason they want. Mostly blue with a spot of red here and there actually helps make the point. One thing I have noticed is that quite a few people wear red coats, now they do have a choice in that and it would help the cause if they didn't, just a thought because I've seen pro-blue supporters wearing them, it would be common sense not to :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ole: .

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:58 am

Bakedalasker wrote:my experience is that the aggression has come from the red side.

I have witnessed a guy in late teens early twenties trip up a 60yr old for wearing a red scarf...

Is that what our Fanbase has become?

Hate the Tan,not the fan... :thumbup:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:04 am

AJ1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:my experience is that the aggression has come from the red side.

I have witnessed a guy in late teens early twenties trip up a 60yr old for wearing a red scarf...

I don't think that's what our fanbase has become at all in my experience.
There are idiots wherever you go in life & that guy is one of them.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:07 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:

Well the young lad regretted it I can assure you.. That 60 year old was an ex para and the 6ft 17st guy behind him was his son... #Whoops

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:40 am

Why would you even think of picking on a fellow city fan.we got people who will never except red and you got plenty who have excepted it .but at the end of the day we are all city fan it is all about choice and pinions. If the fans start fighting each other we might as well shut the gates there are enough fan around the country who hate city without in fighting
:bluescarf: b

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:10 am

people should be able to wear whatever colour they want at football without the threat of some lowlife scumbags abusing them for chosing to wear red :thumbup:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:13 am

AJ1927 wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:

Well the young lad regretted it I can assure you.. That 60 year old was an ex para and the 6ft 17st guy behind him was his son... #Whoops

Well there is only one person to blame for all of this.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:15 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:

Still doesn't make that sort of behaviour acceptable though.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:35 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:

yep the chimp that tripped the old fella up............

Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Says the person who issued an open threat to myself and 'people of my ilk' last night.

Never seen a blue threatened but definitely seen elderly men in red getting abused and evidence on this forum is that all abuse had been exactly the same way. Pro-blues are doing an excellent job of chasing people away from their cause!

Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:47 pm

At the end of the day we all support the same club no one should be abused or threatened just not acceptable. :thumbright:

Just cant get my head around way someone would wear that red shirt or buy anything with that pathitic badge on.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:07 pm

I would never wear red, but that doesn't make me a better supporter than those who choose to wear red. We all support the same club, and we are all entitled to have our own opinions as far as what colour shirt we choose to wear. Some of our very young fans will have only seen us in red, and it is understandable that they will want to wear the same shirt that their favourite player wears.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:09 pm

I've driven passed the Canton Cross after the game before and had people step out in front of the car because my old man was wearing a red shirt.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:51 pm

AJ1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:

Still doesn't make that sort of behaviour acceptable though.

Quite right,and as a moderator he should be quick to point that out from whatever side your'e on.Blaming it on Tan is pathetic and cringeworthy.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:12 pm

There was plenty of online threats vs us blues when the rebrand come about but its sad if it comes to what the Op suggests may happen :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Why would anyone beat up or threaten anyone in a red shirt? Granted we can all look at them and think what a dick, but there shouldn't be any need to fill them in or make them feel afraid, after all regardless what colour they are wearing they are supporting the SAME team as the rest of us. Hopefully thou the entire city ground will be washed with BLUE all season. :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:02 pm

I have been verbally abused and spat at for going against the rebrand. However, I do not condone any city fan whether they are in red or in blue being abused in any way. We are all city fans at the end of the day. :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:40 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:There was plenty of online threats vs us blues when the rebrand come about but its sad if it comes to what the Op suggests may happen :bluescarf:

Ian I have said from the Start "Hate The Man, not the Fan" Tan Being the man..

Fellow supporters did not ask for this...

Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:24 pm

AJ1927 wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:There was plenty of online threats vs us blues when the rebrand come about but its sad if it comes to what the Op suggests may happen :bluescarf:

Ian I have said from the Start "Hate The Man, not the Fan" Tan Being the man..

Fellow supporters did not ask for this...

Hear hear :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

Says the person who issued an open threat to myself and 'people of my ilk' last night.

Never seen a blue threatened but definitely seen elderly men in red getting abused and evidence on this forum is that all abuse had been exactly the same way. Pro-blues are doing an excellent job of chasing people away from their cause!

You really are unbelievable. Ian (bakedalasker) is a tidy bloke and I doubt if he has ever been involved in hooliganism. Why don't you do this board a favour and go off and support Liverpool or man utd as you did before Cardiff became reasonably good.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:25 pm

If we do, I hope the press pick up on it big style.

CCFC does not deserve to survive if fans try to intimidate or attack their own.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:26 pm

can only say that most of fans wearing red at games are either middle age or older or very young kids! not sort to abuse other fans! :roll: not sure why anyone wearing red would abuse those in blue? logic dictates it would be other way round! :o

Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

You really are unbelievable. Ian (bakedalasker) is a tidy bloke and I doubt if he has ever been involved in hooliganism. Why don't you do this board a favour and go off and support Liverpool or man utd as you did before Cardiff became reasonably good.

Thank you Gareth. You are better to judge me than this Natman Blue as you have met me a few times.