Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' UPDATE - TUESDAY JULY 8th 2014 '

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm

I was going to report in this update about Inter Milan’s interest in Gary Medel but the news spread quickly this afternoon, initially the Italian giants made an offer to take Medel to the San Siro on loan and loan fee of £1.5m was offered as well as paying the World Cup star’s wages. The loan bid was rejected by the club yesterday.

The good thing is I am being told that the new ‘transfer committee’ which consists of Vincent Tan, Mehemt Dalman, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and Kenny Choo will not accept any cut price deals for our players, they are willing to hold out for the value our club believe our players worth and will not sell off cheaply.

It is being reported that Medel is going to Inter for 10m Euros but I am told that we are getting £10m.

Again this morning I was told from within the club that only one more player is likely to be coming in on a permanent deal and Ole will be satisfied with squad he got. Obviously there are players we as fans expect to leave and the club are prepared for certain players to go too but only if a player who is part of Ole’s plans for next season is sold will there be further additions to the squad.

The club do plan on bringing in a loan player once other clubs decide who they will release for loans.

It is no secret that the position Ole wants another player for is centre half and Muhamed Besic was a target and City activated the £2.5m release clause in his contract but Sevilla came in with a £3m bid and City pulled out as they do not want to get into a bidding war, Vincent Tan from experiences with Victor Wanyama and Celtic last season will not allow the club to enter such bidding wars.

A day or so ago on here I wrote that Caulker was on £40k a week at Cardiff, I was wrong and he is currently on £35k but City tried to keep him by offering £40k a week to him.

QPR have had a bid accepted of £8m for the England International and they have offered Caulker £60k per week.

Crystal Palace also want Caulker and they are offering him £40k a week but are putting a package together which would see Caulker rewarded with a £2m bonus should Palace stay up next season.

Liverpool pulled the plug on a deal for Caulker as his agent was trying to get him £80k a week at Anfield and touted him to Everton as well looking for the same wages.

Fraizer Campbell is another player who seems to be heading out of CCS and he is currently earning £35k but Leicester cooled their interest when £60k a week was being asked for. Leicester have offered £40k the same as they pay Kasper Schemeichel.

Crystal Palace spoke with Campbell and his representatives over the weekend and are offering a lower wage than he is currently on but will pay a £1m bonus if they don’t get relegated.

Some of the figures above are staggering but I suppose that is what clubs like ours are paying players when they are in the Premier League, other players wages I am told are :

Gary Medel £35K, Kenwyne Jones £37.5k, Peter Whittingham £20k, Joe Mason £8k and Declan John £5k a week.

It seems that Jones won’t be around too much longer if the club can find another team will to pay the striker wages that he wants, City want him off the wage bill.

David Marshall signed a new four year contract earlier this year and improved his wage from £14k to £20k, Southampton are interested in signing the shot stopper but it would take a huge deal for our club to agree to sell, I was told yesterday that if Southampton want him then they will have to stump up £10m and Jose Fonte for City to allow Marshall to leave for St Mary’s.

Apparently the FAW have been asked to investigate on a transfer(s) for a player(s) City signed from Norway, I am not going to go into the details but am aware that the press are following it closely, the investigation doesn’t mean any wrongdoing by anyone working for the club I must stress.

The expansion on the Ninian Stand is expected to be completed in 10 days’ time on July 18th.

A meeting between supporters and Vincent Tan and Mehmet Dalman was confirmed to me this afternoon and the club plan to hold it around the time of the Huddersfield game, a director has confirmed the meeting is on the agenda but did warn me that Tan is staying strong on the identity and rebrand and it is unlikely there will be any change, but in my opinion a meeting needs to be held and concerns aired.

I was reminded that Tan was told by people within the club at the time of the rebrand that it would be accepted by the fans, and that when the red scarf day against Brighton took place Tan believed that the fans were happy.

One of the players that left Ole feeling ‘disappointed’ was Nicky Maynard, he returned to pre-season carrying a couple of pounds extra but will be given the opportunity to prove himself and get into shape. Maynard has had a difficult time with injury since joining the club so hopefully he can pull it together as I believe he will be an asset for us in the Championship.

After Dick Bate left his role as head of academy, the new head will be James McCarthy.

James has been part of our academy for 5 years and his father Paul has been involved with our club as a scout and a coach.

The youngsters in our set up have a lot of respect of James and look up to him.

I am told this is a good move and the academy will go forward under James.

There was no shareholders meeting this year,but Kenny Choo who is actually running the club daily as like a CEO would has asked for there to be one next year.

Dalman works mostly from London and Choo reports daily to him. :thumbup:

Final Day viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142434 :thumbright:

Re: ' UPDATE - TUESDAY JULY 8th 2014 '

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Lucky we have an owner who's got enough money that he can hold out for the best price and is not forced to sell for financial reasons.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:52 pm

JAWS wrote:Lucky we have an owner who's got enough money that he can hold out for the best price and is not forced to sell for financial reasons.

On that, I have to agree :thumbright:

But :bluescarf: :cry: :cry:

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JAWS wrote:Lucky we have an owner who's got enough money that he can hold out for the best price and is not forced to sell for financial reasons.

On that, I have to agree :thumbright:

But :bluescarf: :cry: :cry:

There's always a but , but hopefully in time it can be sorted and everyone can move on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Interesting up date to be fair, especially that we did have a bid accepted for that Besic, I thought he would be well out of our league.

Pity someone beat me to to copy and pasting though.

Edit: At the same time though some of those wages are ridiculous, mason and John's wages especially :shock:

Bloody stupid to up Caulker's wages when he's already on £35k too unless we're going to take the clause out of his contract and tout him round later.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:05 pm

But his personal fortune shouldn't be mixed up with club finances. Personally baring in mind Tan didn't have a clue about football just 24 months ago I find it crazy that he is now on a so-called 'transfer committee'. If things don't go well this season I can honestly see him being some kind of team manager before long.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:06 pm

They can warn "he is staying strong" but we should show strong we feel about it and to be honest if the club and the fans stay divided it's going to make it a tougher task in our bid to get promoted.

May I just add before whoever attends this meeting, could the fans of all forums and supporters groups put forward their suggestions to what US fans want to be discussed. :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Also crazy money some of our players are on, and even crazier the demands they are making to clubs that are interested in them ! You wouldn't think they were in a relegated team, Campbell after £60K, Caulker after £80K unbelievable.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:10 pm

its just going to be another season of complete madness...

tan way too involved in the football side of things

just like some us said last year... he will be involved and has already been involved in personally signing players

as i said in a jokingly way before tans the owner, manager, the boot boy, the gardener... he runs the show

hold a meeting yeah great, of course it needs to happen... but already to be told in advance he wont move on the rebrand and wont be making any changes... :lol: great foundations for such a meeting

we want blue and we want it now :bluescarf:

ive yet to see a dink in his armour...if the fans piss him off enough he said... blimey, not even godzilla couild take this clown down

gonna be another season of dramatics rest assured

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:13 pm

Aramore wrote:Interesting up date to be fair, especially that we did have a bid accepted for that Besic, I thought he would be well out of our league.

Edit: At the same time though some of those wages are ridiculous, mason and John's wages especially :shock:

Bloody stupid to up Caulker's wages when he's already on £35k too unless we're going to take the clause out of his contract and tout him round later.

Johns wages are justified after basically playing a full season at LB for us, Mason I'm guessing was rewarded a new contract after his first season with us, after tax I presume he is on 5k a week

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:18 pm

Carl wrote:
"There was no shareholders meeting this year, but Kenny Choo who is actually running the club daily as like a CEO would has asked for there to be one next year."

Actually Mr Tan saw fit not to hold a Shareholders' AGM last summer either. Should one be held next year that will be a gap of at least 3 years between AGM's. Hardly professional I think.

StT.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:20 pm

bluemoon wrote:its just going to be another season of complete madness...

just like some us said last year... he will be involved and has already been involved in personally signing players

as i said in a jokingly way before tans the owner, manager, the boot boy, the gardener... he runs the show

hold a meeting yeah great, of course it needs to happen... but already to be told in advance he wont move on the rebrand and wont be making any changes... :lol: great foundations for such a meeting

ive yet to see a dink in his armour...if the fans piss him off enough he said... blimey, not even godzilla couild take this clown down

Complete agree it will be a copy of the f*cking Venkys or whatever they are called up in Blackburn :evil:

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Saw this last night and it seems to corroborate your statement that Nicky was carrying some timber.

Not exactly fat but for a professional sportsman it's not good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:35 pm

JB123 wrote:
Aramore wrote:Interesting up date to be fair, especially that we did have a bid accepted for that Besic, I thought he would be well out of our league.

Johns wages are justified after basically playing a full season at LB for us, Mason I'm guessing was rewarded a new contract after his first season with us, after tax I presume he is on 5k a week

He's 19 and is earning £260k a year when he was rated the worst left back in the league last year :shock:

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Lot's of interesting stuff in there and it does highlight the crazy wages that average players, by PL standard, are chasing. I'm talking mainly about Campbell and Caulker and in the case of Campbell he is looking for the same as Loic Remy and Giroud at £60k and more than players like Miralles and let's face it Campbell is not at the same level as those 3.

In the case of Caulker £80k a week would put him on a level with Agger and Skertal more than Mertesacker,Vermaelen and Jageilka all of which are established PL players. For me these figures are crazy and ANY club would be mad topay them.

I'm not surprised either that Maynard is one of the 3 players OGS is disappointed with as when I saw him last season he looked to be carrying a bit of timber and let's face it most of his loan time at Wigan was spent on the bench. Nickly faces a few challenges but I agree with Carl if he can overcome them then he will be a "BIG" player for us next season.

No pun intended Nicky.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:48 pm

From Facebook

Darren Stevens The only good news for me would be a return to blue and the old badge back
49 minutes ago · Edited · Like · 3

Simon Underhill Same here, couldn't give a Shit until that happens and while tan is there it won't. TAN OUT!!!
45 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

Lee Cumpston · Friends with Mallo Cardiff and 32 others
k . jones on 37.5k a week , who ever agreed to that needs sacking , shocking
45 minutes ago · Like · 2

Paul Bigchief Ferrell kenwyn jones 37.5k a week thats obscene Annis Abraham Jnr II whoever sanctioned that should be sacked and it shows how clueless ole is by getting him in the first place also berget eikrem are a total waste and ole supposed to know these players inside ...See More
44 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

Paul Brooks When's the meeting Annis Abraham Jnr II?
44 minutes ago · Like

Lee Cumpston · Friends with Mallo Cardiff and 32 others
sack ogs and get tan out
43 minutes ago · Like

Mallo Cardiff tell tan--- really fans with passion will always be blue and the clubs ex - builder will always be blue !
42 minutes ago · Unlike · 4

Gareth Ccfc Fox How can you blame OGS nothing to do with him some fans don't give people a chance see how he goes from the start of a season rather than a final half of a season and a pre season berget hasn't even had a chance yet and eikrem either
29 minutes ago · Like

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:48 pm

bluemoon wrote:its just going to be another season of complete madness...

After last season's mess in the transfer market and what is continuing to be seen as poor transfer deals with players signed by M & M, then it really is no surprise that Tan would want some responsibility in future transfer deals. I don't believe some of the rubbish that was spouted about him saying that Marshall should shoot more, it's just BS to try to discredit Tan.

As you say, great foundations for such a meeting. You criticise Tan for taking the same stance as you. You, and I guess many others won't move on the rebrand, neither apparently will Tan.

As fans, we HAVE to show Tan that compromise is possible. This is essential in the initials stages of change, hopefully eventually back to our traditional colours.

You can't expect to climb the mountain without taking the first steps and that is where we are in discussions with Tan.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:54 pm

Confirms that Campbell's head is so far up his own arse that he thinks he can justify earning 60k a week

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Military Junta wrote:

But his personal fortune shouldn't be mixed up with club finances. Personally baring in mind Tan didn't have a clue about football just 24 months ago I find it crazy that he is now on a so-called 'transfer committee'. If things don't go well this season I can honestly see him being some kind of team manager before long.

Seriously ? You really believe some of BS that you read about Tan last season ?

Tan has got a diverse portfolio of business interests and as a result will likely be able to understand the art of negotiation better than you in the football transfer market.

Tan and this committee, in comparison with Malky and Moody, are doing a decent job to date.

Agree ?

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:58 pm

What happened to greyed out badge??¿

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:58 pm

Also I have no quarrels with Mason's wages, that's just about right. Remember he signed a contract extension and didn't even ask for a pay rise. We were paying Chopra 20k a week , Whittingham is just about right with that kind of wage. John whose 19? Maybe justified as he's a youth product and we've tied him down to a new lucrative deal for long term to stop potential buyers in buying.

Kenwyne Jones' wages are totally unacceptable, unfortunately I can't see us finding a club that will take him off our hands bar foreign clubs in Qatar/Middle East etc and I doubt he'd move out there. Is there a reason why Jones isn't out there?

Maynard I'm not surprised about, he was the same last season and has made no efforts to rid of the excessive weight he has, a shame but a farce considering his high wages. Luckily we have capable strikers who are in a fitter condition than him.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:00 pm

dont see a problem with us paying the wages we are to coulker ect considering club want them to stay, what can coulker ect do now? only be reasonable about wages if another club comes in! as for transfer commitee it is been done by several clubs inc man city! so no tan is not head cook and bottle washer as some think! just a prudent step after last seasons debarcle on transfers. :old:
dont forget got some good bargains under ole so perhaps its being balanced out better and can afford coulker ect :thumbup:

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:01 pm

carlccfc wrote:I was going to report in this update about Inter Milan’s interest in Gary Medel but the news spread quickly this afternoon, initially the Italian giants made an offer to take Medel to the San Siro on loan and loan fee of £1.5m was offered as well as paying the World Cup star’s wages. The loan bid was rejected by the club yesterday.

The good thing is I am being told that the new ‘transfer committee’ which consists of Vincent Tan, Mehemt Dalman, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and Kenny Choo will not accept any cut price deals for our players, they are willing to hold out for the value our club believe our players worth and will not sell off cheaply.

It is being reported that Medel is going to Inter for 10m Euros but I am told that we are getting £10m.

Again this morning I was told from within the club that only one more player is likely to be coming in on a permanent deal and Ole will be satisfied with squad he got. Obviously there are players we as fans expect to leave and the club are prepared for certain players to go too but only if a player who is part of Ole’s plans for next season is sold will there be further additions to the squad.

The club do plan on bringing in a loan player once other clubs decide who they will release for loans.

It is no secret that the position Ole wants another player for is centre half and Muhamed Besic was a target and City activated the £2.5m release clause in his contract but Sevilla came in with a £3m bid and City pulled out as they do not want to get into a bidding war, Vincent Tan from experiences with Victor Wanyama and Celtic last season will not allow the club to enter such bidding wars.

A day or so ago on here I wrote that Caulker was on £40k a week at Cardiff, I was wrong and he is currently on £35k but City tried to keep him by offering £40k a week to him.

QPR have had a bid accepted of £8m for the England International and they have offered Caulker £60k per week.

Crystal Palace also want Caulker and they are offering him £40k a week but are putting a package together which would see Caulker rewarded with a £2m bonus should Palace stay up next season.

Liverpool pulled the plug on a deal for Caulker as his agent was trying to get him £80k a week at Anfield and touted him to Everton as well looking for the same wages.

Fraizer Campbell is another player who seems to be heading out of CCS and he is currently earning £35k but Leicester cooled their interest when £60k a week was being asked for. Leicester have offered £40k the same as they pay Kasper Schemeichel.

Crystal Palace spoke with Campbell and his representatives over the weekend and are offering a lower wage than he is currently on but will pay a £1m bonus if they don’t get relegated.

Some of the figures above are staggering but I suppose that is what clubs like ours are paying players when they are in the Premier League, other players wages I am told are :

Gary Medel £35K, Kenwyne Jones £37.5k, Peter Whittingham £20k, Joe Mason £8k and Declan John £5k a week.

It seems that Jones won’t be around too much longer if the club can find another team will to pay the striker wages that he wants, City want him off the wage bill.

David Marshall signed a new four year contract earlier this year and improved his wage from £14k to £20k, Southampton are interested in signing the shot stopper but it would take a huge deal for our club to agree to sell, I was told yesterday that if Southampton want him then they will have to stump up £10m and Jose Fonte for City to allow Marshall to leave for St Mary’s.

Apparently the FAW have been asked to investigate on a transfer(s) for a player(s) City signed from Norway, I am not going to go into the details but am aware that the press are following it closely, the investigation doesn’t mean any wrongdoing by anyone working for the club I must stress.

The expansion on the Ninian Stand is expected to be completed in 10 days’ time on July 18th.

A meeting between supporters and Vincent Tan and Mehmet Dalman was confirmed to me this afternoon and the club plan to hold it around the time of the Huddersfield game, a director has confirmed the meeting is on the agenda but did warn me that Tan is staying strong on the identity and rebrand and it is unlikely there will be any change, but in my opinion a meeting needs to be held and concerns aired.

I was reminded that Tan was told by people within the club at the time of the rebrand that it would be accepted by the fans, and that when the red scarf day against Brighton took place Tan believed that the fans were happy.

One of the players that left Ole feeling ‘disappointed’ was Nicky Maynard, he returned to pre-season carrying a couple of pounds extra but will be given the opportunity to prove himself and get into shape. Maynard has had a difficult time with injury since joining the club so hopefully he can pull it together as I believe he will be an asset for us in the Championship.

After Dick Bate left his role as head of academy, the new head will be James McCarthy.

James has been part of our academy for 5 years and his father Paul has been involved with our club as a scout and a coach.

The youngsters in our set up have a lot of respect of James and look up to him.

I am told this is a good move and the academy will go forward under James.

There was no shareholders meeting this year,but Kenny Choo who is actually running the club daily as like a CEO would has asked for there to be one next year.

Dalman works mostly from London and Choo reports daily to him. :thumbup:

Final Day viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142434 :thumbright:

Interesting as Whitt's first contract when arriving from Villa was 4k a week, how times have changed in football!

I guess Maynard going on his honeymoon a week before pre season was a bad idea, but I personally think he's a better finisher than Campbell.. looking forward to seeing him play again

Jones on that wage is staggering, can't see anyone taking him off our hands in a hurry.

Really hope we sell Marshall, has had a great season but I personally think he can be replaced in the Champ.

Tan will probably cancel the meeting as he has previously, Annis/Carl would you make your feelings known or just pussyfoot around the rebrand subject? I'm not pointing fingers/saying you're all talk at all, but didn't you both meet him previously as the training ground?

Interesting update :bluescarf:
Last edited by TheMole on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 pm

JDerrida wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Tan has got a diverse portfolio of business interests and as a result will likely be able to understand the art of negotiation better than you in the football transfer market.

Tan and this committee, in comparison with Malky and Moody, are doing a decent job to date.

Agree ?

anyone know why Malky hasn't got another job yet? ;)

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:05 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
JDerrida wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Agree ?

anyone know why Malky hasn't got another job yet? ;)

agreed, seems awfully strange.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:11 pm

If we get 10 million POUNDS for Medel I'll carry him to Milan on my back!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:13 pm

Who the f**k is going to pay Kenwyne Jones £37,500 per week?

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:13 pm

If anyone deserves high wages it's whitts and 20k isn't that much in terms of football wages.. loyal servant and the amount of times he has turned down prem clubs where he could of received higher wages back a few seasons ago

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm

Looking at these wages, and bearing in mind the calamitous transfers from Malky and Moody, im in no way suprised that Tan is sitting on a transfer commitee!!

Im sure he will want the manager to justify his targets fully!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:25 pm

davids wrote:Who the f**k is going to pay Kenwyne Jones £37,500 per week?

The same teams that are prepared to pay 11mill for Ross McCormack . The worlds gone mad :lol:

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:25 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Confirms that Campbell's head is so far up his own arse that he thinks he can justify earning 60k a week

I'd agree. I'm disappointed about that. Thought better of him.