Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I hate to single out one player

Sat May 22, 2010 9:29 pm

but I will. Hudson was diabolical today. He didn't win a ball in the first hour today either with his feet or head. A manager lives or dies by his decisions and to pick Hudson ahead of a fit again Gerrard was a massive mistake. Apart from that it was such a shame that Bothroyd had to go off. One man never makes a team but Bothroyd is the glue that binds us all together and we are very ordinary without him. The lack of funds to buy a similar player this season has cost us dearly. Well only about £90 million.

Re: I hate to single out one player

Sat May 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Hudson was f*cking awful, and has been since he came back from injury. Anthony Gerrard is a better defender and proved it when he came on (though I noticed he was up front mostly!).

Sat May 22, 2010 9:35 pm

I'll add a second. Our goalkeeper is an excellent shot stopper but as far as dealing with crosses, corners and commanding his box the man is non-league standard I'm afraid.

He has saved us on many occasions this season - unfortunately today he contributed in a major way to us remaining where we are next season.

If we are to get promoted we need a better number one.

Sat May 22, 2010 9:48 pm

davids wrote:I'll add a second. Our goalkeeper is an excellent shot stopper but as far as dealing with crosses, corners and commanding his box the man is non-league standard I'm afraid.

He has saved us on many occasions this season - unfortunately today he contributed in a major way to us remaining where we are next season.

If we are to get promoted we need a better number one.

I disagree what can he do at corners and free kicks if his centre halfs are not protecting him (Hudson uaseless and Blake too small in stature for a central defender but he does play well at full back and would make a great sweeper). At the set piece the same thing has happened for the last 7 or 8 games. The opposition stick a big man in front of Marshall and hamper him and it has lead to quite a few goals against us and the same happened many times today. For that you have to blame the manager, he picks the team and sets the tactics. Today he picked the wrong team and wrong tactics.

Sat May 22, 2010 10:14 pm

I think it's harsh to judge Jones's choice in retrospect. I don't begrudge his decision to start with Hudson. Hudson let Jones down today because on his day Hudson can be quality. He couldn't even get a simple back header right though and as club captain that's unforgiveable.

I thought a few players didn't do themselves proud today. I'll start a topic about that anyway.

Sat May 22, 2010 10:55 pm

the team didnt turn up at all today, such a contrast to the spirit they showed against leicester.. Passing was pretty bad from most. Chopra fairplay to him worked his arse off, burke was virtually non existent, mcnaughton had an alrightish game. Hudson, i would start 2nd spin to Gypes everytime, shocking player.. Ledley alrightish.. Whittingham not up to his usual standards with some crap passing.. Mccormack played well i thought.. We took to long to put our foot on the gas.. They played us all over the place and their fans were louder too.. time to move on and just hope the summer can bring good news and look forward to next season.. We didnt make it but we were very close.. Its been a crazy season of ups and downs, just a shame to end on a low because we've had some great moments.Fairplay to the boys for getting us to wembley again. BLUE ARMY.. see you next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

centre midfield superb

Sat May 22, 2010 11:23 pm

I thought all our centre midfield today were great although our wide guys did not turn up witts and burke poor but were they carrying injuries like Jay ?we had a threadbare squad all season and fair doos we done ok

Sun May 23, 2010 1:53 am

Zabier wrote:because on his day Hudson can be quality.

But these days are few and far.......looking back at the season Hudson has been a shocking signing.

Sun May 23, 2010 6:41 am

if we still had RJ we would have had automatic place, our central defence has been shocking and hudson has to go, he is utterly too slow is not captian material

Sun May 23, 2010 8:16 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:if we still had RJ we would have had automatic place, our central defence has been shocking and hudson has to go, he is utterly too slow is not captian material

Couldn't agree any more Baz. now stop posting sensible posts - your going soft! :lol: