Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Vincent Tan puts £20 million in '

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:58 am

Updated 19:36
I stand corrected on the following,regarding the building of the New Upper Stand, I might be wrong it might not be all grants, i am told there has been some, but i have since been told Tan did lend a lot of the money for it to be built.

I believe Vincent Tan put/lent Cardiff City more money in May/June 2014 in the region of £20 mill.

But what I dont know is what for?

We are getting massive parachute payments :thumbright:

The New Ninian Upper Stand was paid by grants :thumbright:

We know Tan wants at least £8 mill back for Caulker,£10 mill for Medel and has turned down loan offers.

We know he wants Kenwyne Jones of the books £37,500 a week :o

Was the £20 million for Ole's war chest to take us back up?

Are we trying to sell Marshall to recoup some money?

As I have said before Langston has now been virtually paid in full the £24 mill, just over a mill left to pay as its paid monthly.
Once paid Sam/Langstons Director then leaves the board.

Tan while we were in the Premier League was still putting in/lending the Club £2/£3 mill a month, its unbelievable when you think about all the money we received for being up there :shock:

Re: ' Vincent Tan puts £20 million in '

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:I believe Vincent Tan put/lent Cardiff City more money in May/June 2014 in the region of £20 mill.

We know Tan wants at least £8 mill back for Caulker,£10 mill for Medel and has turned down loan offers.

As I have said before Langston has now been virtually paid in full the £24 mill, just over a mill left to pay as its paid monthly.

Tan while we were in the Premier League was still putting in/lending the Club £2/£3 mill a month, its unbelievable when you think about all the money we received for being up there :shock:

Tv money gets paid in installments so he would have to put money in for cash flow annis but I bet he will get it back we would of turned over around 100 million last season if we sell some players this summer our balance sheet should look much better than a year ago

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:30 am

just a thought
could he be trying to keep our debt in line with what we are owed
therefore when that money comes in we could be debt free hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :ole:
it would also include any money coming in from player sales
this might help with the financial fair play rules :bluescarf: :ole:
THOUGHTS

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:32 am

I seriously can't remember the last time our balance improved so fingers crossed you're right. Is VT perhaps 'tidying up' before trying to sell us.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:54 am

I don't know the reason why VT has had to put a further £20+ into the club over the last 2 months but if he has then there must be a reason for him doing it.

One reason could be that further installment payments are due on transfers that the club has made over the last couple of seasons. Nowadays most clubs pay for transfers by installments just like Barcelona with the Suarez deal so that could be one of the reasons.

Another has to involve the completion on the Ninian Stand extension which I believe will cost between £10 - £12m, an investment promised by VT at the time of his re-brand. I've not heard a single word until today about any of these costs receiving any form of grant let alone being paid by grant. If any monies will be received in grant form I would think the bulk would be received after completition.

Another promise VT made was to sort out the Langston situation which it appears has been done albiet at a cost of £24m which let's face it has given SH a real get out of jail card. But at the very least VT has honoured his promise to resolve the issue even if we now owe him and not SH.

By the end of this transfer window the club should be well in the "Black" in regards transfer dealings which together with the £23m PL parachute payments should help ensure the club returns another profit, I understand the accounts will show a profit for last season, for this coming season.

What we now need from VT is for him to accept that his re-brand has not been accepted by the majority of the fanbase and he gets his "compromise" head on a sorts the issue out.

We need unity between everyone with owner, team and fans ALL singing from the same hymn sheet to help maximise our chances of success on the pitch next season.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:01 am

Excellent post Castleblue (as always)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:03 am

Best post I've read for a while. Nice one, mate.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:05 am

have to agree with of that castleblue :bluescarf: :ole:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:09 am

what ever reason think its safe to say tan as a plan, which has probably been in place a long time? there is no chance of him losing money to any degree or just pulling out, so we will just have to wait and see what happens in future. leave money matters to him as nothing us fans can do to alter things! we need to just concentrate on regaining blue back. :old:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:25 am

Its the modern game. Its not my money so I'm not that bothered.

If Mr Tan wants to keep putting that amount of money into the club then its fine by me.

:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:26 pm

It's called cash flow.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:It's called cash flow.

Thats quite a flow!

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Good post castle, totally agree

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:25 pm

What does I believe mean Annis?

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Simply answer this then

Where as it all gone then

-- every month --- no one in there right mind would keep chucking money in --- especialy after being relegated
if no long term return plan

malky gone for wasting millions -
so why they still at the club milking millions each month ?

the club just getting deeper into debut

VT : should be a legend for all his money contribution to the club - how silly to mess about with colour and badge

bath away yesterday was three sides of ground ll blue --- why are people at the club saying colour and badge does not matter ? when it clearly does

to much tick for tack but never going to beat home fans of any club of there traditions football is a game and passion for the people and not for business although run correctly big clubs do make millions but still look after their fans

smaller clubs with certain millionaires will not now or ever will beat fan power :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I believe Vincent Tan put/lent Cardiff City more money in May/June 2014 in the region of £20 mill.

The new Ninian upper stand is not all paid for by grants :thumbup: , as I said months ago on here and got shot down part is by grant the rest is by VT

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Some people do their laundry in all sorts of places.Just a thought.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Arrow wrote:

The new Ninian upper stand is not all paid for by grants :thumbup: , as I said months ago on here and got shot down part is by grant the rest is by VT

I've heard only 500 k was Grant rest by the club /tan ,if tan has paid for all the signings ,expansion and put money in for wages then Cardiff city must be in over 100 million profit this season a lot of people forget that we generated massive amounts ts last season.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:50 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I seriously can't remember the last time our balance improved so fingers crossed you're right. Is VT perhaps 'tidying up' before trying to sell us.

I hope so. I so really hope so!!

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:03 pm

castleblue wrote:I don't know the reason why VT has had to put a further £20+ into the club over the last 2 months but if he has then there must be a reason for him doing it.

One reason could be that further installment payments are due on transfers that the club has made over the last couple of seasons. Nowadays most clubs pay for transfers by installments just like Barcelona with the Suarez deal so that could be one of the reasons.

Another has to involve the completion on the Ninian Stand extension which I believe will cost between £10 - £12m, an investment promised by VT at the time of his re-brand. I've not heard a single word until today about any of these costs receiving any form of grant let alone being paid by grant. If any monies will be received in grant form I would think the bulk would be received after completition.

Another promise VT made was to sort out the Langston situation which it appears has been done albiet at a cost of £24m which let's face it has given SH a real get out of jail card. But at the very least VT has honoured his promise to resolve the issue even if we now owe him and not SH.

By the end of this transfer window the club should be well in the "Black" in regards transfer dealings which together with the £23m PL parachute payments should help ensure the club returns another profit, I understand the accounts will show a profit for last season, for this coming season.

What we now need from VT is for him to accept that his re-brand has not been accepted by the majority of the fanbase and he gets his "compromise" head on a sorts the issue out.

We need unity between everyone with owner, team and fans ALL singing from the same hymn sheet to help maximise our chances of success on the pitch next season.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Regarding the building of the New Upper Stand, I might be wrong it might not be all grants, i am told there has been some, but i have since been told Tan did lend a lot of the money for it to be built. :thumbup:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Regarding the building of the New Upper Stand, I might be wrong it might not be all grants, i am told there has been some, but i have since been told Tan did lend a lot of the money for it to be built. :thumbup:

I'm sure it was 500 k annis thought I read that in one of Carl's updates a while back

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Regarding the building of the New Upper Stand, I might be wrong it might not be all grants, i am told there has been some, but i have since been told Tan did lend a lot of the money for it to be built. :thumbup:

I'm sure it was 500 k annis thought I read that in one of Carl's updates a while back

Wez, you might be right on this, I stand corrected on it :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

wasnt the money for expansion part of £100m investment originally stated by tan?

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

wasnt the money for expansion part of £100m investment originally stated by tan?

Allan on this one, I am questioning it as well?

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:What does I believe mean Annis?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hmmm it means I believe :lol: but yes he has lent us another £20mill.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Allan on this one, I am questioning it as well?[/quote

annis problem is no one seems to know level of money owed to tan with any degree of acuracy, if its not part of original statement it must mean what is owed to him is far higher than original quoted! not that i am worried as its obviously gone behond that stage now with size of debt. tan is here for the forseable future thats for sure! :old:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So you mean it's been made up in your head. :lol:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So you mean it's been made up in your head. :lol:

:lol:

Ive just said Yes Tan has lent/put £20 mill in to the club lately.