Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Not getting Ripped off '

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:11 pm

What was great about yesterday at Bath, it was only a £1 for under 16's, £1 coffee/tea any soft drinks and most of the food under £2. :thumbright:

I know it was Bath City, but a drink is a drink at a football match. :thumbright:

City need to put their prices down as when we got promoted to the Premier League,they put 40p-£1 on every thing, yet now were relegated will they bring it down?

Also increase the season ticket prices has come back to hurt them, its Rotherham home, not Liverpool.

City need to sort all this out as South Wales is a working class area.

Re: ' Not getting Ripped off '

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:22 pm

The refreshments have nothing to do with the club, it's all contracted out.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:48 pm

dazza wrote:The refreshments have nothing to do with the club, it's all contracted out.

Right and Wrong, City have the final say on prices as they get a %

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:51 pm

The season ticket price might be a major issue for 15/16, what with the end of the price freeze. Even if we get promoted, and the club hold the prices at their current level, there's going to be a huge number of fans who will suddenly have to try and find a lot more money to get their ticket. If we don't get promoted, I bloody hope the prices drop but won't get my hopes up.

I don't even bother with refreshments. Unless I get there super early, the queues are stupidly long and a lot of the time the staff don't seem to be in any hurry. Rather grab good and a drink and subway beforehand.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:52 pm

KWest wrote:The season ticket price might be a major issue for 15/16, what with the end of the price freeze. Even if we get promoted, and the club hold the prices at their current level, there's going to be a huge number of fans who will suddenly have to try and find a lot more money to get their ticket. If we don't get promoted, I bloody hope the prices drop but won't get my hopes up.

I don't even bother with refreshments. Unless I get there super early, the queues are stupidly long and a lot of the time the staff don't seem to be in any hurry. Rather grab good and a drink and subway beforehand.

I dont buy anything from our ground.

But your right the prices of admission have to be looked at and dropped :thumbright:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I dont buy anything from our ground.
:

I got a hot dog once. Put me off ever buying food there again :D

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:15 pm

I never buy anything

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:32 pm

KWest wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I dont buy anything from our ground.
:

I got a hot dog once. Put me off ever buying food there again :D

Your right and our food is crap at high prices.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:53 pm

[quote="Forever Blue"]What was great about yesterday at Bath, it was only a £1 for under 16's, £1 coffee/tea any soft drinks and most of the food under £2. :thumbright:

I know it was Bath City, but a drink is a drink at a football match. :thumbright:

City need to put their prices down as when we got promoted to the Premier League,they put 40p-£1 on every thing, yet now were relegated will they bring it down?

Also increase the season ticket prices has come back to hurt them, its Rotherham home, not Liverpool.

City need to sort all this out as South Wales is a working class area.[/quote

Quite right Annis, but with regards to the price of refreshments at the CCS then you know the problem,,a long catering contract thanks to Mr Ridsdale.

As for the season ticket sales/prices, then this is pretty short of scandalous, in my opinion

Prices should of been pegged back for this new season, not increased.

Carl said in a recent update that season tickets would be back on sale shortly, has this started?

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:21 pm

i brought a pie when i was down the ccs.then found it wasnt clarkes :evil:a rebrand too far brother :laughing6:

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:48 am

Stopped buying coffee inside the stadium at the beginning of the Prem season because they ramped the prices up.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:26 am

It is wrong the club is pricing out fans from getting a burger etc at half-time. You can understand a family who've paid the tickets to get in wouldn't want to be spending for snacks at inflated prices. C'mon City, start looking after the fans :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Great place to go and great to be at an 'old' ground

Two adults and two kids.....both kids first time at a game.....and the fella on the gate game me back the 2 quid for the kids :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

He didn't know it was their first time but shows old school is best

The kids spend more than that on drinks etc in the ground.....but it was about the way he dealt with us!! Can't fault it

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:27 am

I don't think prices are that bad considering its outsourced contract, and compared with new stadia in the rest of the UK.

I rarely buy beer there, agree it is piss poor - but it is virtually every other stadium you go, as well as expensive. Clark's pie for an evening game, can't fault them :thumbup:

Always have a coffee, I think I saw a thread on here last season showing the City were at the bottom end of prices for that, doesn't feel too bad.

Its all part of the deal you do by having a pleasant, safe and secure environment to watch your football in - and let's face it, anyone who's been to Vicarage Road can never, ever complain about our facilities ffs!!

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Get a nice healthy burger off uncle teds before you go in,

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:15 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:I don't think prices are that bad considering its outsourced contract, and compared with new stadia in the rest of the UK.

I rarely buy beer there, agree it is piss poor - but it is virtually every other stadium you go, as well as expensive. Clark's pie for an evening game, can't fault them :thumbup:

Always have a coffee, I think I saw a thread on here last season showing the City were at the bottom end of prices for that, doesn't feel too bad.

Its all part of the deal you do by having a pleasant, safe and secure environment to watch your football in - and let's face it, anyone who's been to Vicarage Road can never, ever complain about our facilities ffs!!

£2.90 for a shit small cup of Coffee is taking the piss, service stations are cheaper.