Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Your Match Player Ratings

Sat May 22, 2010 10:23 pm

Marshall: 6 - can't command his area at all. Nothing he could do with the first goal but the second needed stronger dealing with.
McNaughton: 6 - still not fully fit but hopefully he'll be back to his best next season.
Kennedy: 7 - one of the few players who actually did himself justice. Worked tirelessly, maybe should have dealt with their winger better before the free kick for the first goal but looked reliable and often ignited attacks down the left.
Hudson: 4 - one of his worst displays and one that might cost him his place here. Players' reps have been born and killed on one game. I think Hudson's just died today.
Blake: 7 - had a tough day but did everything right that was asked of him. Battled on with injury near the end but can't be faulted.
Burke: 5 - hasn't done a thing in the playoffs which is a major let down considering how much of a big gun he is. Injured? If so why's he starting? If not, why so poor?
Whittingham: 5 - gave us the old Whitts. Seemed allergic to playing the ball on the floor which was annoying considering it's the only way we could break Blackpool open.
McPhail: 5 - slow, laborious and again, didn't keep it on the floor.
Ledley: 6 - scored the goal and looked like our best creative outlet with through balls ON THE DECK but also gave some bad possession away.
Chopra: 8 - scored one, hit the woodwork twice and battled all game. I think he may well be gone this summer.
Bothroyd: 6 - wasn't on long enough.

Etuhu: 6 - had moments of potential but largely was having to fight for aerial balls against players 6 inches bigger!
McCormack: 6 - barely saw the ball. Had that one chance which he should have curled towards the right but lack of match practice meant he spannered it wide.
Gerrard: 6 - didn't have time to do much.

All I will say is, how hard is it to keep the ball on the floor when we know the opposition is winning everything in the air. It was an appalling approach and whether it was Jones's idea or the players' ideas to loft it into their air constantly I don't know. That's why we lost it, simple.

Re: Your Match Player Ratings

Sun May 23, 2010 12:48 am

Marshall 5
McNaughton 6
Hudson 4
Blake 7
Kennedy 6

Burke 5
Ledley 7
McPhail 6
Witts 6

Jay n/a