Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TG WILL DO FOR ME.

Sun May 23, 2010 8:50 am

Met and spoken to him twice, and after seeing his interview yesterday I am convinced he will steady the ship and get us back on track. There is a calm confidence about and he appears to be an honourable man, yes only time will tell, but he don't look like someone either after an ego trip or out to make a quick buck off us.

When the dust settles and the pain off this defeat settles, we can take comfort that we are still very much in business, we have a great stadium, a great fan base, and people at the helm who aren't self promoting egotists.

We will be back, bigger stronger and better prepared, we are Cardiff we thrive on adversity, our fans have earned their stripes and are in it for the long run,set backs to us are seen only as stepping stones to move forward.

We are bruised, but we ain't battered, the fight continues, stick together and we'll be O.K.
I am proud to be one of you, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Re: TG WILL DO FOR ME.

Sun May 23, 2010 9:00 am

BigGwynram wrote:Met and spoken to him twice, and after seeing his interview yesterday I am convinced he will steady the ship and get us back on track. There is a calm confidence about and he appears to be an honourable man, yes only time will tell, but he don't look like someone either after an ego trip or out to make a quick buck off us.

When the dust settles and the pain off this defeat settles, we can take comfort that we are still very much in business, we have a great stadium, a great fan base, and people at the helm who aren't self promoting egotists.

We will be back, bigger stronger and better prepared, we are Cardiff we thrive on adversity, our fans have earned their stripes and are in it for the long run,set backs to us are seen only as stepping stones to move forward.

We are bruised, but we ain't battered, the fight continues, stick together and we'll be O.K.

Well said

Sun May 23, 2010 9:03 am

I so hope you are right Gwyn. I thought the same when I saw his interview last night. Very calm and almost a "hey no worries, it wasn't our day today but our today will come" He knows that for our day to come we will need rebuilding and rebuilding will cost! So I just hope he is in for the long haul and has the backing to take us there!!

Sun May 23, 2010 9:17 am

BigGwynram wrote:Met and spoken to him twice, and after seeing his interview yesterday I am convinced he will steady the ship and get us back on track. There is a calm confidence about and he appears to be an honourable man, yes only time will tell, but he don't look like someone either after an ego trip or out to make a quick buck off us.

great post gwyn and i agree.
in the cold light of day despite my dissapointment was this going to be a couple of years to soon for us.
to go up now despite the lure of the cash would have still left us struggling i believe to produce a side next year capable of finishing out of the bottom three.
there would have been bonuses to pay plus 5 million to langston amongst other things which would have pushed us to the limit in allowing us to strenghten the squad for next year.
I truly believe that we should get the egm out of the way and steady the ship financially and rebuild the infastructure of the club starting with our underperforming commercial department.
we have a brand new stadium which we now know can produce the atmosphere we thought we had left at ninian so we move on .
for us older generation of which i include yourself and big sam gwyn have seen more than enough relegations in our lifetime.
for us to now be at the stage where we losing play off finals and being dissapointed in not even getting in the play offs are what dreams are made of.
i note that people are moaning about the atmosphere and so called plastic supporters but my opinion is that if you turn 1 in 5 plastics into a diehard like ourselves then the clubs future is bright and going in the right direction.
let Tg steve borley and co sort out the club over the next couple of months enjoy our summer and look forward to the return of the jacks, leeds and possibly millwall to fortress ccs next year.

Sun May 23, 2010 9:26 am

steve davies wrote:

Spot on mate

great post gwyn and i agree.
in the cold light of day despite my dissapointment was this going to be a couple of years to soon for us.
to go up now despite the lure of the cash would have still left us struggling i believe to produce a side next year capable of finishing out of the bottom three.
there would have been bonuses to pay plus 5 million to langston amongst other things which would have pushed us to the limit in allowing us to strenghten the squad for next year.
I truly believe that we should get the egm out of the way and steady the ship financially and rebuild the infastructure of the club starting with our underperforming commercial department.
we have a brand new stadium which we now know can produce the atmosphere we thought we had left at ninian so we move on .
for us older generation of which i include yourself and big sam gwyn have seen more than enough relegations in our lifetime.
for us to now be at the stage where we losing play off finals and being dissapointed in not even getting in the play offs are what dreams are made of.
i note that people are moaning about the atmosphere and so called plastic supporters but my opinion is that if you turn 1 in 5 plastics into a diehard like ourselves then the clubs future is bright and going in the right direction.
let Tg steve borley and co sort out the club over the next couple of months enjoy our summer and look forward to the return of the jacks, leeds and possibly millwall to fortress ccs next year.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:16 am

Beautifully put mate. I totally agree. It wouldn't be half as fun if it was as easy and just making the Premiership. I don't think I could have supported us if we made the big time! :D :ayatollah: