Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wrong Team Selection

Sun May 23, 2010 10:29 am

I cant see what Hudson offers us, Gerrard should have played 100%

Im just lost for words and so gutted.

I think we may have been in dreamland starting Gerrard!

Re: Wrong Team Selection

Sun May 23, 2010 10:31 am

Retrospect is great and I will admit I agreed with Jones picking Hudson. In most circumstances if your captain maintains his place you're expecting him to deliver. Hudson let a lot of people down. I admit I was wrong and Gerrard should have started. That's life though. It was a decision that would have worked more times than not in my eyes.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:36 am

Dont really tend to agree with you, but that opinions for you.

Hudson i think has been poor since he signed for us. Captain or not you have to start the best team and i feel Jonesey picked his favourite rather than on talent.

Hudson turns like an oil tanker. Gerrard's leadership qualities and passion proves he is more of a leader than Hudson will ever be.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:37 am

I think you actually touch on a key point... 'captain or not'. I think Jones dug himself a hole by appointing an unproven player as captain.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:42 am

Exactly!

I thought it was a very strange decision bringing him in at the start of the season and appointing him captain with no experience at our club. Surely a player with history and passion for the club should be appointed?

However, if i was manager i wouldnt appoint a full time captain.

Why cant we adopt an approach of picking a captain after the team is picked. That way the competition for places is far greater. Plus you have players playing for the shirt and armband.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:46 am

That's a great idea actually mate and agree. I wouldn't object to a club captain like Purse was but yeah pick the captain week by week. We need a leader out there, not a liability.