Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My VIew ANOTHER TOUGH GAME

Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:12 pm

Not at the game myself but following the commentary and twitter it seems Yeovil were a physical side.

The game, especially first half, proved a difficult test for the Bluebirds.

Really pleased to hear Le Fondre get on the score sheet albeit a penalty, but the pleasing fact for me is that Kenwynne Jones got on the scoresheet twice. :ayatollah:

Ole's squad has had a decent pre-season with a mixed bag of results but next week versus Wolfsburg should see our expected 11 against Blackburn take the field.

Hopefully Marshall's injury is not too serious.

But I will say that we do need a new centre half for the tough season ahead.

Re: ANOTHER TOUGH GAME

Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:36 pm

I think connolly doesn't really get a look in at time and he was very good for us the season we went up I'd rather see him and cala then Turner and Hudson.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Did anyone else see Gunnarson sitting to the side of the dugout at the end of the game? He wouldn't sign autographs for the Yeovil fans and was throwing a bottle of water on the floor. He was spoken to by a few CCFC staff but didn't seem interested. Anything to do with the fact he had to go to right back again and didn't play much at all in the center?
Interesting to keep an eye on this.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:39 pm

Kereph wrote:Did anyone else see Gunnarson sitting to the side of the dugout at the end of the game? He wouldn't sign autographs for the Yeovil fans and was throwing a bottle of water on the floor. He was spoken to by a few CCFC staff but didn't seem interested. Anything to do with the fact he had to go to right back again and didn't play much at all in the center?
Interesting to keep an eye on this.

If that's his attitude, then he can f**k off elsewhere. The guy was shit for us last year, lucky he's not just been shipped off elsewhere.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:55 pm

I may be way off the mark but he looked well pissed off. Something not right that's for sure. I can't think why else he would react like that today.

Re: My VIew ANOTHER TOUGH GAME

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Carl, chuffed City had a tough game today, getting them fit is the main priority and getting his right team finally together,but as to Kenwyne Jones don't get to excited as he scored against a Div 3 team.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Annis I think you will be proven wrong this season, Kenwynne looked interested today and was enjoying himself. If he clicks this season he could be unplayable. Enjoyed watching him and the rest if the team second half, cohesive and attacking threat. Maynard was a real positive too as was Eikrem who didn't really waste a ball.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, chuffed City had a tough game today, getting them fit is the main priority and getting his right team finally together,but as to Kenwyne Jones don't get to excited as he scored against a Div 3 team.

Yeovil might be a league 1 team "not a div 3 team" but kenwyne finished off his goals well, and that is all that we can be asked of him. He appreciated the fan's singing his name :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:17 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:I think connolly doesn't really get a look in at time and he was very good for us the season we went up I'd rather see him and cala then Turner and Hudson.

agree. Connolly has rarely disappointed in a city shirt, Hudson has struggled for a long time now unfortunately

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Arrow wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Carl, chuffed City had a tough game today, getting them fit is the main priority and getting his right team finally together,but as to Kenwyne Jones don't get to excited as he scored against a Div 3 team.

Yeovil might be a league 1 team "not a div 3 team" but kenwyne finished off his goals well, and that is all that we can be asked of him. He appreciated the fan's singing his name :ayatollah:

:lol: Div 3 for oldies like me :lol: :thumbright:

I hope he shines in the Championship at £37,500 a week as he was a disaster in the Prem.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:43 pm

Disagree there Annis.

Think scoring goals for a striker is an instinct, whoever you're playing against. The confidence will help him too.

I feel that Kenwyne, Alfie, Guerra and Macheda are all capable of scoring 15-20 goals in this division. We've got Maynard and Mason as well who will get a few each.

Think people are underestimating Kenwyne Jones, he could be an asset for us. For so many years in the Championship, we've been crying out for a big man up front - now we've got one.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:51 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:I think connolly doesn't really get a look in at time and he was very good for us the season we went up I'd rather see him and cala then Turner and Hudson.

agree. Connolly has rarely disappointed in a city shirt, Hudson has struggled for a long time now unfortunately

Struggled?

He won our player of the year the season we were promoted and was injured/left out for Caulker almost all of last season!

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:58 pm

New ball playing centre-half most certainly as this is required for the intended style of play.
Enjoyed seeing Kenwynne on form today. He can easily score 20 goals in the Championship this season and I think he might.
Yeovil were a tough test and offered a good taster of what to expect this season.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:11 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Disagree there Annis.

Think scoring goals for a striker is an instinct, whoever you're playing against. The confidence will help him too.

I feel that Kenwyne, Alfie, Guerra and Macheda are all capable of scoring 15-20 goals in this division. We've got Maynard and Mason as well who will get a few each.

Think people are underestimating Kenwyne Jones, he could be an asset for us. For so many years in the Championship, we've been crying out for a big man up front - now we've got one.

Ned, I agree all goals are a confidence booster and a quality striker will always score, but I am just reminding myself how poor he was last season and lazy.

I hope I an wrong about Jones and that this season he does the business. :thumbup:

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Disagree there Annis.

Ned, I agree all goals are a confidence booster and a quality striker will always score, but I am just reminding myself how poor he was last season and lazy.

I hope I an wrong about Jones and that this season he does the business. :thumbup:

Last season when he joined us I don't think he had played much and may not even have had a pre-season. He was also pitched into a desperate situation. He looks up for it - if he is 20 goals no probs.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:47 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Disagree there Annis.

Last season when he joined us I don't think he had played much and may not even have had a pre-season. He was also pitched into a desperate situation. He looks up for it - if he is 20 goals no probs.

U might be right, he has to score at least 20 goals this season to justify his wages :thumbup:

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:58 pm

If he hadn't taken his chances against a Division 3 team then would be the time to worry Annis, not because he scored them :thumbup:

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Arrow wrote:

Premiership
Championship
League 1

Therefore Annis is correct.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:31 pm

maccydee wrote:
Arrow wrote:

Premiership
Championship
League 1

Cheers Neil :old: :thumbright:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:01 am

Just watched the highlights, and WOW!

Physical first half, with 2 disruptive injuries, but Le Fondre looked bright
Second half was sensational, we passed well, movement was superb, Kenwyne's first goal was a tap in but a phenomenal team goal, if we turn out against other teams like we did in the second half yesterday, we'll be really hard to beat

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:12 am

maccydee wrote:
Arrow wrote:

Premiership
Championship
League 1

Oh Dear :roll:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:56 pm

carlccfc wrote:

If he hadn't taken his chances against a Division 3 team then would be the time to worry Annis, not because he scored them :thumbup:

It sure would be a worry Carl :lol:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:58 am

Arrow wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Arrow wrote:

Premiership
Championship
League 1

Oh Dear :roll:

What?

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Disagree there Annis.

Remember ameobi the yr Newcastle went back up,he was a beast and at championship level kj can be that for us