Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it a sign of things to come ? ' My opinion '

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Cardiff City v Wolfsburg

Final Score 3-3 crowd 8,306

I have said that since Ole started it sign his strikers, I felt we were going to be an open team, score goals and concede.

Going forward Cardiff City will create chances and no doubt will score goals but and a big but is our defence under Ole with his style of play.

After being 2-0 down and getting ourselves back to 2-2 before half time showed me what we are capable of, we showed character but the worry for me is that we will find ourselves during games this year of being behind and not getting the breaks to claw it back.

The fact we played a good Bundesliga and Europa League team and not lost gives me a bit of confidence for the season but this trend of conceding several goals under Ole is a concern.

Schaffer, De Bruyne and Olic scored for the Germans.

Whitts, Maynard and Kim were not the players I thought would score and was surprised that the latter two started.

Well the talking is done and it is down to the serious business, over to you Ole !!!

Re: Is it a sign of things to come ? ' My opinion '

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Carl, we can't defend and I am not sure we ever will under Ole,but we will certainly score plenty of goals, exciting games to come, hopefully in our favour over the season :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Hope he brings in 2 quality defenders this week who is are defender coach?

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:16 pm

This is why he needs to bring in 'his type' of defenders. Players who make quick forward thinking decisions and can play football.

I know Cala is starting to become a target for the boo boys but I think he can come good. Turner is excellent without the ball and brilliant in the challenge, but for me he'll never fit this type of team, not just because the hoof ball factor but because he is slow in his decision making. For me he would have a better career elsewhere.

The holding player position is key to all this for the same reason. Can Gunnarson adapt and step up to the plate to give Dikgacoi a run for his money? I'm not sure at the moment.

Very impressed by Eikrem when he came on for the reasons discussed. Brilliant quick descision making and always thinking about the attack and spotting players in space. He was played wide left too - out of position. ALF also looks a better player than I realised.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:27 pm

What's up with Digkachoi?

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Think people are overreacting to this, nobody plays perfect in friendlies but conceding to Wolfsburg was going to happen, they're a better side than us.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Not sure why a mistake by Connolly can be put down to Ole.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Ole's faith and confidence in Fabio is scary.

we have problems at right back.
we have problems in general. People forget alot of games when we won the championship there were a few inches seperating a win from a draw
our defense wasn't great they got lucky and marshall played well

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Let's just back him instead if moaning about him. Malkys gone get over it yes he did well but he's gone so let's back the manager and the players brought in, I don't care if we score more and concede I'll be happy watching us win 3-2 or 4-2 . Under Malky we would cling onto 1 nils. If people leave the city once they've gone there gone I back the new boys we all should , I'm looking forward to the season love the championship and will be nice to see attacking football we will be strong and better than most teams it's up to the new players to perform and do the job on the pitch not just blame ole... Let's back them all !

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:23 pm

We played a top team today and ppl are moaning about conceding olic has played at the very highest level and punished us with a gd finish but we won't play teams as gd as that every week there's no pleasing our fans sometimes

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Not sure why a mistake by Connolly can be put down to Ole.

Exactly but ole gets blamed for everything , can't blame him for defenders f*cking up

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City v Wolfsburg

I have said that since Ole started it sign his strikers, I felt we were going to be an open team, score goals and concede.

Going forward Cardiff City will create chances and no doubt will score goals but and a big but is our defence under Ole with his style of play.

After being 2-0 down and getting ourselves back to 2-2 before half time showed me what we are capable of, we showed character but the worry for me is that we will find ourselves during games this year of being behind and not getting the breaks to claw it back.

The fact we played a good Bundesliga and Europa League team and not lost gives me a bit of confidence for the season but this trend of conceding several goals under Ole is a concern.

Whitts, Maynard and Kim were not the players I thought would score and was surprised that the latter two started.

Well the talking is done and it is down to the serious business, over to you Ole !!!

They were quite open and attacking too, my fear is teams will play a Palace style everyone behind the ball, and if they score just two solid banks of four which we have in the past found hard to beat.

I am looking forward to it though its going to be much more fun than last year.

And if you are right, two more defenders coming in hopefully beeter than what we have to tighten us up and they we should be brilliant :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:38 pm

about time the players start taking some responsibility
once on the pitch its upto them to do the business they are paid for
blaming the manager all the time is ridiculous
and yes he picks them
but the days when managers could put players on the transfer list and get rid of them if they were not doing what they are asked to do have gone theres only so much a manager can do once the players have gone on the pitch
however ole has quite a big squad so if players aren't doing it they will soon be replaced
time will tell who is right for what its worth I think ole will get us up but as I say time will tell :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:44 pm

So Jordon Mutch is sold :cry:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:49 pm

well now annis that will be bringing our debt down by about 25 million wheres your happy face
I thought our debt was your number one priority hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:51 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:well now annis that will be bringing our debt down by about 25 million wheres your happy face
I thought our debt was your number one priority hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :ole:

Steve, Mutch is one of my favourite players :cry:

Debt is my priority,but if we do not go up,debt will be even bigger. :shock: :o

Look forward to our banter this season :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Cala and connoly had a poor game today but let's not react as if it's a poor season. Connoly looked good last week, have faith in the bluebirds players, they are the only ones we got!
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:52 pm

I think I'm more exited about this season then the last one in PL...

Simply because it is one big unknown. What today's game showed is that we are up for exiting games!

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:57 pm

I really enjoyed the game today, I really hope we can keep hold of Brayford for me he is our best full back at the moment, I do agree with our defending, we also give the ball away on accasions as did they, we cant let chances slip in the championship. how long is Hudson still out for ? I'm still undecided on Burgstaller tbh, I'm also glad Kareem Harris had a run out today too. I thought Gunnarson played well to. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:03 pm

so what would you prefer then annis
keep all our players and buy more
tan to keep bank rolling us
then decide when we think hes spent enough protest for him to turn all debt to equity
lets be fair to tan when he said he would turn our debt to equity our debt was less than 100 million
now its well over that and some of you still exspect him just to write it off
mutch is out of contract next year and obviously doesn't want to sign another one so he must be sold now rather than doing a ledley and going for nothing
if this happened YOU and others on here would be up in arms moaning like you did when ledley was allowed to run down his contract
I say well done to the club if we can get the kind of money being quoted for mutch :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Cala and connoly had a poor game today but let's not react as if it's a poor season. Connoly looked good last week, have faith in the bluebirds players, they are the only ones we got!
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:38 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:Ole's faith and confidence in Fabio is scary.

we have problems at right back.
we have problems in general. People forget alot of games when we won the championship there were a few inches seperating a win from a draw
our defense wasn't great they got lucky and marshall played well

we don't, brayford is our rb, whose good enough at this level, connolly is good cover, as is ktc. and your hatred for fabio is astonishing

negative, negative, negative

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, we can't defend and I am not sure we ever will under Ole,but we will certainly score plenty of goals, exciting games to come, hopefully in our favour over the season :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Not our first choice centre backs today to be fair. If we can get Fonte, Keane or someone of similar ability or even bring in two quality CBs then we will be a lot stronger at the back. Going to be an exciting season though. :thumbup:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:05 pm

Was amusing to follow the match and see the comments about Ole knowing nothing, tinkering again, cant defend ++ and then we draw 3-3 against a top German side.

2 of the goals were bad luck and great skills. 1 extremely bad clearance from Connoly that resulted in a goal and a great shot from distance from Wolfsburg.

But i guess Ole should picked another defender and had the back 4 pressing from 25 meters.

Great match imo and i love what i see so far from Ole`s team.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Going to be great fun on here !!!!

I can see a few 4-1, 5-1 hammerings for some of our opponents with all the we're going to piss the league and a few 0-2's with the "ole doesn't know what he is doing" sack him threads.

IMO the real pressure is off the club. We have popped our cherry and now know what its all about....

I am expecting a mixed start and cranking it up week after week from December

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Some perspective here: we played against a top 5 Bundesliga side, I don't think anyone expected a clean sheet today. Most Championship sides won't be as disciplined and organised as Wolfsburg. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:04 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City v Wolfsburg

Tbh Carl it is well too early to make a judgement call.

My feeling are is that Tan has supported Ole BUT I personally don't think Ole will do the business. I might be wrong, then again I might be right....I hope I am wrong but I can't see Ole being here for Christmas pudding. I hope Tan this time gets its right if the needs be.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:35 pm

it doesnt matter how many goal scorers we have, when you play championship football, the opposition usually sticks 11 men behind the ball. and hit on the counter, if we cant defend then we could be in big trouble

Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:52 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Forever Blue wrote:Carl, we can't defend and I am not sure we ever will under Ole,but we will certainly score plenty of goals, exciting games to come, hopefully in our favour over the season :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:42 am

d20 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Not sure why a mistake by Connolly can be put down to Ole.

Exactly but ole gets blamed for everything , can't blame him for defenders f*cking up

its the same situation with malkay , he always got blamed and the haters stil roam this forum talking about him but this happens at a lot of clubs tbh .