Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Worst ever 2 years supporting Cardiff City/ So Now '

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:01 pm

Worst ever 2 seasons supporting Cardiff City/ So Now it's time to enjoy my football.

In 43 seasons of supporting Cardiff City, the last 2 seasons should of been the greatest of all time,but in fact for me they turned out to be my worst 2 seasons.

Yes thanks to Tan,but this topic is not centred on Tan as you could argue we would not have had the last 2 seasons if it was not for him, I am not posting this to go over this debate as its been done to death already.

I am BLUE and I will never change and it will never be the same until we return to our true identity. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

We have marched,demonstrated,sung the songs,argued with fellow fans and even fallen out with so called friends,who if we're real friends in the first place we would not have turned against each other,so for me,there's no going back with some of them.

But also what really hurt me,was that I could not enjoy my football anymore,even in the dungeon days I loved my times following City,but for me what Tan did and then how some fellow City fans reacted completely destroyed the last 2 seasons. I honestly thought of calling it a day,like many others already have.

But thankfully seeing our stands with City fans now virtually Blue, I felt proud again and seeing youngsters wearing Blue and proud to wear Blue showed me we still are a proud club :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

As to Tan, we won't change his mind and he now won't change our minds, so for me now, if I continue like I have been and felt for the last 2 seasons,then I would be better of walking away,so I have decided to just go there now and support team,still sing a few Blue songs,but at the same time,sing the songs that also support our manager and team and go enjoy the football as its not the manager or teams fault. The last 2 seasons,all I have thought about at games was our identity,my dislike for Tan and how certain fans turned on fellow fans.

We will get our true identity back one day,but we won't under Tan,we can continue to show him how proud we are of our true identity,but we can also finally start enjoying our football and that's what myself and my daughter will be doing this season..

I am going to start enjoying my football once again, it will be exciting, we will score plenty and we will concede plenty,but we are certainly in for a hell of a ride this season.

Rant over,football now takes over for me :thumbright:

TIME TO FINALLY ENJOY MY FOOTBALL.

:thumbright: :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ole: :ayatollah:

How do some of you still feel?

Re: ' Worst ever 2 years supporting Cardiff City/ So Now '

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Worst ever 2 seasons supporting Cardiff City/ So Now it's time to enjoy my football.

In 43 seasons of supporting Cardiff City, the last 2 seasons should of been the greatest of all time,but in fact for me they turned out to be the worst 2 seasons.

Yes thanks to Tan,but this topic is not centred on Tan as you could argue we would not have the last 2 seasons if it was not for him, I am not posting this to go over this debate as its been done to death already.

I am BLUE and I will never change and it will never be the same until we return to our true identity. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

We have marched,demonstrated,sung the songs,argued with fellow fans and even fallen out with so called friends,who if we're real friends in the first place we would not have turned against each other,so for me,there's no going back with some of them.

But also what really hurt was that I could not enjoy my football anymore,even in the dungeon days I loved my times following City,but for me what Tan did and then how some fellow City fans reacted completely destroyed the last 2 seasons. I honestly thought of calling it a day,like many others already have.

But thankfully seeing our stands with City fans now virtually Blue, I felt proud again and seeing youngsters wearing Blue and proud to wear Blue showed me we still are a proud club :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

As to Tan, we won't change his mind and he now won't change our minds, so for me now, if I continue like I have been and felt for the last 2 seasons,then I would be better of walking away,so I have decided to just go there now and support team,still sing a few Blue songs,but at the same time,sing the songs that also support our manager and team and go enjoy the football as its not the manager or teams fault. The last 2 seasons,all I have thought about at games was our identity,my dislike for Tan and how certain fans turned on fellow fans.

We will get our true identity back one day,but we won't under Tan,we can continue to show him how proud we are of our true identity,but we can also finally start enjoying our football and that's what myself and my daughter will be doing this season..

I am going to start enjoying my football once again, it will be exciting, we will score plenty and we will concede plenty,but we are certainly in for a hell of a ride this season.

amen annis! now get back to the sangria :thumbup:

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:41 pm

Great post Annis! Hope you can get back to the passion for the game and enjoy, cause this season will hopefully be very enjoyable :thumbup: :bluescarf:

PS! Your'e not staying in Spain are you? Seems like you been there for weeks. :laughing6:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:03 am

Top post, after the hoofball football we had to watch under malky, this style of play ole has got us playing is getting me buzzing to watch us, one reason I loved watching us under dave jones it was about the attacking football

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:30 am

Great post Annis, never dull for us all.

Support the blue, but support the team too.

One thing's for sure, this season won't be boring - will be surprised if we have a 0-0 at all.

Sad thing is, if we had two decent centre backs - we'd stroll to the title IMO.

In Ole we trust! Let's hope we have the return of "The Blues are going up!" image at the top of this forum in May.

Bring it on :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ole: :thumbright: :D

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:34 am

The Prem was the worst year for me and I started watching Cardiff in 1975.

We all need to get behind the tea and Ole this year.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:38 am

WHAT???

Our club realised the ultimate goal of promotion to the PL but this is not ok?

Wake up you twonk!!

CCFC is more successful than for years before. Stop complaining and start supporting.

:bluescarf:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:55 am

Totally agree annis. Actually looking forward to the championship.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:51 am

Woodville Willie wrote:WHAT???

Wake up you twonk!!

CCFC is more successful than for years before. Stop complaining and start supporting.

Agree wig you Willie. This season we all need to get behind the team and Ole.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:06 am

Been my worse ever 2 seasons as well.
We will get our blue back soon in sure especially when we get a new owner. If not it would be a bad buy for the new owner as we increase the pressure on them.
All us anti red fans should pick up the demonstrations so it gives more bad press to tan in his native Malaysia.
i don't think that fans groups have done enough.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:34 am

Nothing to do with colour for me, just hate the PL and all it stands for so will be enjoying my football for different reasons.
As for all the falling out with friends over a colour. Would a colour have mattered back in the day so many go on about when your back was against a wall in Rochdale on a cold wet Tuesday night? :) No.!!!

Keep the Faith :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:47 am

All I can say annis is I want the same thing mate but while we are red and tan is here I dont understand how you can just shelve your strong emotions.
If you can find a way to do it great I been trying for 2 years to find a way to just ignore the rest and enjoy the football but my pride and passion always take over its who we are annis its built in to you.

If you can do great but also people look to you and you stand for something and a lot of fans stood with you.
You get my drift annis but hay good luck with it. :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:53 am

I agree 100% with every single word there Annis ..... the last 2 seasons from a supporters point of view were awful but they should have been the best ever in my time supporting the City . Maybe it could be down to Malky's style of defensive boring football ? Even though we won the Championship 2 seasons ago by a mile I still didn't enjoy the football and the least said about last season the better ..... Ive seen plenty of relegations over the past 40 years so I should know .

I'd happily take a top 2 finish now for this coming season but I hope Ole's inexperience in English football management doesn't see us struggle to stay in the top 6 , time will tell ............

roll on Friday :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:59 am

brickyblue wrote:All I can say annis is I want the same thing mate but while we are red and tan is here I dont understand how you can just shelve your strong emotions.
If you can find a way to do it great I been trying for 2 years to find a way to just ignore the rest and enjoy the football but my pride and passion always take over its who we are annis its built in to you.

If you can do great but also people look to you and you stand for something and a lot of fans stood with you.
You get my drift annis but hay good luck with it. :bluescarf:

The first season we were red, it took me 17 games just to clap the the team, the Red is eating me up and I was hating going to watch City,I will never accept it,but it is killing my love for our club and the game. It's been proven walk away and you achieve nothing,demonstrations and Tan doesn't care,continue to wear Blue and make our stadium Blue etc and at least we can still be proud. The last 2 seasons all I have done on here, in person and even dream about it was our identity,getting me no where,just wound up and fed up.

So I think I need to calm down and just enjoy the football in Blue of course :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:03 am

Cheers Allan,Bosse,Chris,Ned,Jules, Martyn etc

We need to start enjoying our football or it will eat you up for good as the love for City was turning to hatred.

We will always be Blue in our hearts/minds and we will return sooner than later to Blue :bluescarf:

Back to my Sangria as Allan says :lol: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ole: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:20 am

That was an honest post, straight from the heart.

I don't agree with you about the whole Blue / Tan Out thing but -like you say- let's put this aside. enjoy the football and support our team, the famous Cardiff City! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Allan,Bosse,Chris,Ned,Jules, Martyn etc

We need to start enjoying our football or it will eat you up for good as the love for City was turning to hatred.

We will always be Blue in our hearts/minds and we will return sooner than later to Blue :bluescarf:

Back to my Sangria as Allan says :lol: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ole: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Annis now perhaps you will understand why i took stance i did? 43yrs is a long time to support team and
No one can take away the passion for the team ! There Really are more important things in life to worry about, but simply wearing blue is biggest statement to make and this season will be like every other season for past 43yrs? We Will have highs lows and the frustration, its never been any different. :old: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:50 am

DrDre wrote:That was an honest post, straight from the heart.

I don't agree with you about the whole Blue / Tan Out thing but -like you say- let's put this aside. enjoy the football and support our team, the famous Cardiff City! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers :thumbright: it really was :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Allan,Bosse,Chris,Ned,Jules, Martyn etc

Annis now perhaps you will understand why i took stance i did? 43yrs is a long time to support team and
No one can take away the passion for the team ! There Really are more important things in life to worry about, but simply wearing blue is biggest statement to make and this season will be like every other season for past 43yrs? We Will have highs lows and the frustration, its never been any different. :old: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Allan, I do now more than I did before,I think 2 years ago when a few so called Red brigade starting threatening City fans for their Blue stance made me more determined than ever and I was then hard to reason with myself,now that most of them have changed their views and all that stopped, I was able to calm down.

Your right Allan the biggest statement of all is wearing the BLUE :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Lets now enjoy the football banter :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ole: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:26 am

I have not been on this forum for long
but this is the best thread i have read
hope everyone else follows and we can get back to the glory days of being feared at our own ground for the brilliant surpport

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:08 am

Enjoy Oles team change, and attractive football.
Support the team and the manager,
Be the 12th man and help ccfc back to PL.
Exiting !

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:17 am

Tan is the ultimate terrible fella.

He has turned our great club in to a complete laughing stock, divided fans and torn our fan base apart.

I'm not looking forward to going to the football again this year, only thing I enjoy now is catching up the boys for a few beers.

Respect for having some positivity, but what's changed?

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:49 am

Great post. I have made the difficult decision to avoid as many home games as possible this season. Can't go for a total boycott because my boys love going. Instead I'm going to try to get to as many away games as possible starting with Fulham on 30th.

People can call me what they want over this but I've been going for 34 years and been an exile since 89. My boys love the team and have had years of stick off plastics in south of England for supporting their team. Over past 2 seasons I part wished that I'd let them chose their own team rather than the team I'd indoctrinated them into. I then think back to the good old days and all the great memories I have. :bluescarf:

We're Cardiff City, we'll always be blue. :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:51 am

How can we truly enjoy our football when we come out wearing red with that hideous badge at CCS?

StT.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:55 am

Martyn1963 wrote:I agree 100% with every single word there Annis ..... the last 2 seasons from a supporters point of view were awful but they should have been the best ever in my time supporting the City . Maybe it could be down to Malky's style of defensive boring football ? Even though we won the Championship 2 seasons ago by a mile I still didn't enjoy the football and the least said about last season the better ..... Ive seen plenty of relegations over the past 40 years so I should know .

I'd happily take a top 2 finish now for this coming season but I hope Ole's inexperience in English football management doesn't see us struggle to stay in the top 6 , time will tell ............

promotion just didnt feel like promotion for me, and it wasnt the red...the biggest rebrand was playing Malkyball.i dont care how long it takes but id like us to go up with a bit of class and style, like you ,seen enough crap so dont want to see it in a promotion year..

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:19 am

jackmadandbad wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:I agree 100% with every single word there Annis ..... the last 2 seasons from a supporters point of view were awful but they should have been the best ever in my time supporting the City . Maybe it could be down to Malky's style of defensive boring football ? Even though we won the Championship 2 seasons ago by a mile I still didn't enjoy the football and the least said about last season the better ..... Ive seen plenty of relegations over the past 40 years so I should know .

promotion just didnt feel like promotion for me, and it wasnt the red...the biggest rebrand was playing Malkyball.i dont care how long it takes but id like us to go up with a bit of class and style, like you ,seen enough crap so dont want to see it in a promotion year..

Can't agree with this (rebrand aside).
I loved the promotion season even though the football wasn't great at times!
For me, you get up by whatever means possible as it such a tough league to get out of. You then try to establish yourself & then you can try to play the attractive free flowing football that every fan wants to see.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:33 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
jackmadandbad wrote:

Can't agree with this (rebrand aside).
I loved the promotion season even though the football wasn't great at times!
For me, you get up by whatever means possible as it such a tough league to get out of. You then try to establish yourself & then you can try to play the attractive free flowing football that every fan wants to see.

yes heard it all before...ends justifies the means...no it didnt..even when miles clear it was crap..and then in prem crap again....the bars were full on 35minutes..and our away support was shocking......Malky got results HIS way..ive watched us be poor on and off the pitch for far too many years to accept when we have loads of money and are able to buy good players that i still have to watch football where the high points are THE corner we get,or a throw in in the opposition half...

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:49 am

Have to say if it wasn't for away days i would of lost all my love for City. I stopped going to home games after the Scarfgate. Couldn't face to see the amount of red it was ridiculous. Went to Wigan this year in the FA cup and it was horrible. Some absolutely clueless people in home matches who have no idea what they are watching and giving very strong opinions ruined it for me. Aways however, everyone is just there for a good time, proper supporters who will sing their hearts out. That's what we're all about!

Will be doing quite a few this year and hopefully on Carl's bus as theirs always a story to tell at the end of it :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:01 am

Woodville Willie wrote:WHAT???

Wake up you twonk!!

Doesn't make it the best two years does it.
Success isn't everything, to some of us anyway :roll:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:Worst ever 2 seasons supporting Cardiff City/ So Now it's time to enjoy my football.

In 43 seasons of supporting Cardiff City, the last 2 seasons should of been the greatest of all time,but in fact for me they turned out to be my worst 2 seasons.

Yes thanks to Tan,but this topic is not centred on Tan as you could argue we would not have had the last 2 seasons if it was not for him, I am not posting this to go over this debate as its been done to death already.

But also what really hurt me,was that I could not enjoy my football anymore,even in the dungeon days I loved my times following City,but for me what Tan did and then how some fellow City fans reacted completely destroyed the last 2 seasons. I honestly thought of calling it a day,like many others already have.

Annis, I may be wrong but I think a lot of our Pro Blue fans feel exactly the same as you do. Last season was completely ruined by the off field stuff and maybe the appetite for protesting may have diminished? We will have to wait and see. Teza. :bluescarf: