Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where have they gone?

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:17 pm

Just left the Stadium I cannot believe how empty the Grandstand and Premier seats were today in fact the Premier seats were virtually deserted and the the corners of the Canton Stand were empty and for the first time since the stadium opened, there were empty seats all over the place in the Ninian Stand near me?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145831 :ole:

Re: Where have they gone?

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:18 pm

I was in work today so had no choice but to miss it, but got back and on SSN the new stand looked horrible empty, it's a shame. They'll all be back soon :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:25 pm

I didn't get a ST this season, mainly doing aways so saving money for Wolves and maybe Port Vale. First home game I have planned is Leeds in November.

For how much it costs I don't see any value for money in home games any more, overpriced and below average atmosphere for most games.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Bad batch of prawns?

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:29 pm

They'll all come running back.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:29 pm

Annis,
They are the 7,000 plastics and they'll be back in April if we are in the top two.
StT.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:31 pm

Just don't enjoy it anymore,simple as that for me.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:36 pm

:o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:43 pm

Let's be honest here.....with all the rebrand stuff going on it wasn't pleasant last season.

Anti tan songs pro Malky songs.....nothing too do with what was going on on the pitch.

People want to enjoy they're football days......don't blame em if I'm honest and it's to expensive.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:07 pm

I didnt think it was a bad crowd today considering all thats gone on. Ive changed to the Canton stand this season for a bit of fun....and looking up at the new Ninian stand makes you realise how tall it is. Its bl00dy huge!!! :lol:
Problem is, anything under 28000 is going to look lost in the stadium.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Had to work today so myself and the boy werent there. Will be back Tuesday tho with my little pick and shovel

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Annis to anwer your question, we are all over the new stand, when the premier club put their prices up, many people moved there

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:31 pm

Premier club was always going to take a huge hit, people buy them to entertain clients and I dont think the championship has that effect for businesses.

As for the rest, I think some just dont want to watch championship football and some just had enough although im sure a lot of them will hide behind many excuses.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:57 pm

I enjoyed the fact it was back to 21k, easier to park, less traffic etc
Also, I didn't hear one conversation about the re....d, not even in the pub before game :o

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:13 pm

I think quite a few grandstand ST's moved up to the new stand and I suppose quite a few folks maybe on holiday. Atmosphere was poor today but I enjoyed the game, 3 points and a promising start to the season. All booked for Wolves and Fulham. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:14 pm

I THINK PEOPLE WILL HAVE LOOKED AT THE PRICE OF A SEASON TICKET AND THOUGHT, I'LL PICK AND CHOOSE MY GAMES AND NOT WATCH THE UNFANCIABLE TEAMS,VERY PLEASED WITH TODAYS PERFORMANCE FROM ADEDEYMI,JONES HAS FOUND HIS LEVEL IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND COULD WORK WONDERS FOR US. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Can you please make those letters bold? I have trouble hearing you.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Plenty of empty seats Annis but I'd rather have 20,000 odd fans who are there to support the team than the other 6-7,000 who just turned up to watch the premier games and have no interest now , they can stay away as far as I'm concerned .

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:54 pm

d20 wrote:Plenty of empty seats Annis but I'd rather have 20,000 odd fans who are there to support the team than the other 6-7,000 who just turned up to watch the premier games and have no interest now , they can stay away as far as I'm concerned .

Spot on :thumbright:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:56 pm

Igovernor wrote:Annis to anwer your question, we are all over the new stand, when the premier club put their prices up, many people moved there

I agree many have gone up there,but there are only about 500 max in the New stand, what about the rest of the ground?

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Annis,
They are the 7,000 plastics and they'll be back in April if we are in the top two.
StT.

Steve,Sadly they will, I wish they would support City for a season, not for 2 games a season.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:01 pm

20k against a team like Huddersfield isn't too bad IMO. Who really cares what the attendance is other than if you're there. If they come back, they come back.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Tan has destroyed it for me. I will be back as ccfc us a drug and I need my fix but for the moment I'm staying away from ccs.

It could be asked if we got 20000 today why didn't we get crowds like that at ninian where there was a good atmosphere. I'm proud to have been part of the club when we had a hardcore of 2-3000.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:10 pm

If you compare today's attendance of 20749, against our first home game two seasons ago (Aug 17, 2012), the first season of our re brand, & ironically v Huddersfield Town which was 21127, we see a slight decrease of 378 fans (-1.8%), bearing in mind that that game was a Friday night fixture too. Very similar stats in my opinion.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:13 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:If you compare today's attendance of 20749, against our first home game two seasons ago (Aug 17, 2012), the first season of our re brand, & ironically v Huddersfield Town which was 21127, we see a slight decrease of 378 fans (-1.8%), bearing in mind that that game was a Friday night fixture too. Very similar stats in my opinion.

Cheers Rick, interesting that.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:14 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Tan has destroyed it for me. I will be back as ccfc us a drug and I need my fix but for the moment I'm staying away from ccs.

It could be asked if we got 20000 today why didn't we get crowds like that at ninian where there was a good atmosphere. I'm proud to have been part of the club when we had a hardcore of 2-3000.

Gareth, I totally understand :thumbright:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:If you compare today's attendance of 20749, against our first home game two seasons ago (Aug 17, 2012), the first season of our re brand, & ironically v Huddersfield Town which was 21127, we see a slight decrease of 378 fans (-1.8%), bearing in mind that that game was a Friday night fixture too. Very similar stats in my opinion.

Lot of people away on Summer holidays ATM, so we'll have to wait for a couple of home games to gauge what sort of attendances we should consistently expect this season!

A consistent run of wins (hopefully) should see a fair few return as well!

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

The crowds will obviously fluctuate this season, depending on how well we do in the league. We were always bound to loose about five or six thousand fans a match, that last season followed us in the Premiership.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:25 pm

I will not come running back until we get our identity back :bluescarf:
The funny thing is if everyone stayed away we have had it back by now :bluescarf:
Some on here will say im not a true supporter, but ive supported the bluebirds for 45 years. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Tan has destroyed it for me. I will be back as ccfc us a drug and I need my fix but for the moment I'm staying away from ccs.

We didn't get crowds like that at Ninian Park, because we weren't consistently competitive, at a high enough level, at least not since the sixties and early seventies, when we used to get far bigger crowds than we've had over the last few years at Ninian Park and at the new stadium!

We've been spoilt in terms of quality on the pitch over the last few years, had several Wembley appearances and a season in the Premier League, which has increased our match day support, but nothing like the level of the sixties and early seventies!