Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Today was very comfortable,But I reckon '

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:40 pm

' Today was very comfortable,But I reckon '

Cardiff City 3 Huddersfield Town 1 :thumbright: (As I predicted :lol: :thumbright: )

Crowd 20,749 including approx 480 Huddersfield fans.

My thoughts on today :thumbright:

I was really excited beforehand for this opening home game of the season, I had not felt like this for a long time.

I thought Huddersfield started brightly and as the game was going on, I thought the match was starting to go stale, our defence was looking good though and then bang out of the blue, Peter Whittingham scored a scorcher :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
We really did then take control and it was all one sided with guess who? Kenwyne Jones scoring, it did look a bit like an own goal? Jones scoring sent the very quite home crowd finally in to a party mood for a few minutes. :ayatollah:

Just as we looked totally in control, Huddersfield had our defence all over the place and managed score just before half-time, which is usually the worst time to concede.

So to 2-1 to City half-time.

Second half City took control again and for long spells controlled the game, with yes Kenwyne again scoring to make it 3-1 :ayatollah:

I thought we might now go on and win 5-1,but we seemed to relax and Huddersfield pressed forward and twice looked like scoring,including a fingertip save by David Marshall.

I though we won todays game very comfortable,But I reckon there is a lot more to come from City and this was not them at the their best.

We won 3-1 and 3pts is all that matters against a very ordinary Huddersfield side who never gave up.

My man of the match by far was John Brayford, solid :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wigan home this Tuesday night, get down to the stadium and cheer City on viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145802 :ayatollah:

Atmosphere was poor today and plenty of empty seats
link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145827
:cry:

I can see us beating Wigan 4-1 :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ole:

Re: ' Today was very comfortable,But I reckon '

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City 3 Huddersfield Town 1 :thumbright: (As I predicted :lol: :thumbright: )

I was really excited beforehand for this opening home game of the season, I had not felt like this for a long time.

I thought Huddersfield started brightly and as the game was going on, I thought the match was starting to go stale, our defence was looking good though and then bang out of the blue, Peter Whittingham scored a scorcher :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
We really did then take control and it was all one sided with guess who? Kenwyne Jones scoring, it did look a bit like an own goal? Jones scoring sent the very quite home crowd finally in to a party mood for a few minutes. :ayatollah:

Just as we looked totally in control, Huddersfield had our defence all over the place and managed score just before half-time, which is usually the worst time to concede.

Second half City took control again and for long spells controlled the game, with yes Kenwyne again scoring to make it 3-1 :ayatollah:

I thought we might now go on and win 5-1,but we seemed to relax and Huddersfield pressed forward and twice looked like scoring,including a fingertip save by David Marshall.

I though we won todays game very comfortable,But I reckon there is a lot more to come from City and this was not them at the their best.

We won 3-1 and 3pts is all that matters against a very ordinary Huddersfield side who never gave up.

Wigan home this Tuesday night, get down to the stadium and cheer City on viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145802 :ayatollah:

The fans will start coming back especially if its entertaining football 21 k not bad looks like most of the info about 25 k sold was bollocks or not many people walked up as expected from the club

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City 3 Huddersfield Town 1 :thumbright: (As I predicted :lol: :thumbright: )

Agreed comfortable win some great performances, nice to see the fullbacks bombing on. We are going to cause problems for teams out wide, especially with Noone and Pilkington to come in :ayatollah:

A better test against Wigan, it will be interesting !!!

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Still think we need a top quality midfielder. Their midfield passing looked far better than ours today.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Agree with most of that Annis,the test will come when we go behind.
Thought Adeyemi was man of the match myself.
Happy with the 3 points though :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Won today without breaking into a sweat. A comfortable win without playing outstandingly well is always welcome. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:28 pm

Adeyemi MOTM for me , he was superb

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:28 pm

A lot of fans still on their summer holidays, as well as School holidays. Can see the stadium filling to 25,000+ not too long into the Season as they gain mor points.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Thought a few of our players looked a bit unfit.

Whitts and Connolly were both blowing out of their arses after about 75 minutes and I was a bit surprised when Daehli was taken off instead of Whitts.

Thought Huddersfield played straight through us a couple of times very easily which was a bit worrying.

Also thought we should have gone for the throat and could have boosted the goal difference. We had a corner at the end and we had only two players in the box!

Other than those minor gripes it was a comfortable win.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:31 pm

A lot of fans still on their summer holidays, as well as School holidays. Can see the stadium filling to 25,000+ not too long into the Season as they gain mor points.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:31 pm

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:33 pm

davids wrote:Thought a few of our players looked a bit unfit.

Whitts and Connolly were both blowing out of their arses after about 75 minutes and I was a bit surprised when Daehli was taken off instead of Whitts.

Thought Huddersfield played straight through us a couple of times very easily which was a bit worrying.

Also thought we should have gone for the throat and could have boosted the goal difference. We had a corner at the end and we had only two players in the box!

I was listening on Wales radio and they were saying they thought the players where super fit and applauding ole and the team for it

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:40 pm

davids wrote:Thought a few of our players looked a bit unfit.

Daehli was fading also was a toss up between him and Whitts

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:50 pm

It's a pleasure to have two full backs who like bombing forward. Thought it was a comfortable win without getting out of first gear think this team will improve and thrive off confidence. Bring on Wigan :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm ecstatic how good to be a bluebird. Going to be a great season. Bluebirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
What a squad add Noone and Pilkington WOW! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Why is there a negative side added to it? We played well and we weren't even in full throttle today. Still missing key players but never once looked like we were going to lose today.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Thought Adeyemi was immense in midfield. Brayford did really well, scared them when he was on the same side as Daehli, also thought Fabio had a strong game, couple of great tackles in the second half. Expected a bigger crowd, but sure the attendance will keep going up as the weeks go on. :bluescarf:

On another positive note I took my 2 kids for the first time today, had a brilliant day, typically my daughter loved it slightly more than my son, but he is only 5 so plenty of years to convert him!!! haha!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:06 am

Still a new squad gelling and players to to return who need game time. its guna take a couple months before it really clicks but if were in and around automatic by a few points come christmas il be happy

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:48 am

Lots of sense here lads. Decent performance and more to come. Important to keep it up on Tues and we don't want to lose to Cowie and Taylor ! Love the full backs, Jones and Adeyemi who looks the complete midfielder. Add in Daehli's magic and Guerra's cameo also Whitts's moments of brilliance and we can look forward to some exciting football in the next 9 months.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:21 am

theclaw wrote:Agree with most of that Annis,the test will come when we go behind.
Thought Adeyemi was man of the match myself.
Happy with the 3 points though :bluescarf:

Yes he was in my top 2,but I am so chuffed with Brayfords performances so far,thats why I gave him man of the match :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:22 am

PartyWithOle wrote:Why is there a negative side added to it? We played well and we weren't even in full throttle today. Still missing key players but never once looked like we were going to lose today.

Just my thoughts on what I saw and think, you are welcome to give yours,that what football is about :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:24 am

Bluebina wrote:

Agreed comfortable win some great performances, nice to see the fullbacks bombing on. We are going to cause problems for teams out wide, especially with Noone and Pilkington to come in :ayatollah:

A better test against Wigan, it will be interesting !!!

I agree we are going to cause many problems for teams out wide, boy we have some talent in our squad :thumbright:

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:26 am

wez1927 wrote:

The fans will start coming back especially if its entertaining football 21 k not bad looks like most of the info about 25 k sold was bollocks or not many people walked up as expected from the club

Wez, I was disappointed in yests crowd and even more that it was less than 2 yrs ago when we played Hudders, especially after we have just been in Prem and with all these great signings. They need to return ASAP the fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:52 am

Agree with most comments.
I haven't seen Guerra plat before but I was very impressed. He has real poise. The love child of Suarez and Arteta? He looks really special.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:41 pm

FredToffee wrote:Agree with most comments.
I haven't seen Guerra plat before but I was very impressed. He has real poise. The love child of Suarez and Arteta? He looks really special.

Some good debate there :thumbright: