Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Just think what he must of been going through? '

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:42 am

Just think what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must of been going through?

Last season when we were losing week after week and not just losing,but at times being humiliated on the pitch, Ole kept on smiling and continued to be cheerful and kept his dignity,even at the player of the year night,Ole had time for everyone and kept saying he was excited about this coming season. Fair play to him as before Ole joined us,most of his career has been nothing but success,so this must if been a might shock to him.

What he must of been going through deep down,none of us will prob ever really know,Ole has since said he had, had continuos sleepless nights last season.

Now On the forums Ole took stick and especially from myself,I still feel I was right to as they were awful displays last season.

But as fans we never turned on Ole at the matches :thumbright: :thumbright:

Ole came over to the fans at every home and away game last season and applauded us no matter how much it hurt,many managers would storm of and forget the fans.

This Summer Ole has been given full support, money wise and in my opinion it looks like Ole has spent well and brought together the best Cardiff City squad I've ever seen :thumbright: :thumbright:

This season,I was expecting non stop attacking football and a weak defence,but so far quite the opposite, the defence has looked pretty good, yes when we've gone forward we have taken our chances,but not as many chances created or goals as I thought,but we have secured the points and that's to me what matters most :thumbright:

4 games gone and 3 wins and a draw would satisfy most managers or fans. A lot can still happen and there will be many ups and downs along the way thus season.

Myself personally I am still reserving my judgement on how the season will go,but so far I am loving every minute if it and it certainly looks like us fans are in for an exciting season ahead.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: SO CAN WE ALL MAKE A BETTER ATMOSPHERE AT THE HOME GAMES PLEASE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Next viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146002
:ole: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

So enjoy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146002 :ayatollah:

Re: ' Just think what he must of been going through? '

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:49 am

I couldn't work out how he kept smiling last season, we all knew we were going down.

Maybe if he didn't then he'd visibly show how upset he was.

He's certainly started the season well, and will have enjoyed having his name sung last night.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:51 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I couldn't work out how he kept smiling last season, we all knew we were going down.

He's certainly started the season well, and will have enjoyed having his name sung last night.

Ned, I was really pleased last night to hear Ole's name sung :thumbright:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:00 pm

I think there are probably quite a few watching and waiting to see him fall unfortunately (if this forum is even a small % of the overall fan base).

It would be nice to have a dominating performance soon that people can really get behind. Something that inspires even the doom and gloom fans about OGS. Unfortunately he's in a difficult situation as being pegged for the favorites to win the league - it's a bit difficult to do anything special when you're expected to do so from the beginning - also on the other hand if he has even a small trip up along the way there will be an outcry of "Ole Out" [See Pulis in Ole out thread - and that's when Ole had done well from the get go].

It'll always be hard to really cheer for a team you're secretly hoping fails.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I couldn't work out how he kept smiling last season, we all knew we were going down.

Ned, I was really pleased last night to hear Ole's name sung :thumbright:

So was I, Annis. Think that will have really pleased him, don't think it's happened since January.

Although it was funny when he nearly had a fight with Rosler, sorry Ole but I can't see you winning that fight :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 pm

His assistant manager said on in the city that OGS was hurting deeply last season.
Imo OGS isn't one of those managers that wears his heart on his sleeve. Very professional.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Nice to hear his name being sung! should be sung more often :bluescarf: :ole: :bluescarf: :ole:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Well said

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Now is the time to really show him our support and I hope last night wasn't a one off. Lets be fair he was in pretty much a lose lose when he came in, 90% + of fans didn't want Malky sacked (god knows why), the football was dire all season under both of them, and Ole could of walked away in the summer as I recall reading somewhere he had a relegation clause in his contract.

However he dusted himself down, came out and said how much last season hurt as he wasn't used to losing so badly, has overhauled the squad, got rid of the deadwood and players who didn't want to be here, and we have 7 pts after 3 games. Yes the football hasn't been the best but we are winning games, more exciting football will come, this is a new team with new players learning how to play with each other!

Now is the time to show him that we are ready for the long season ahead and he has our full support!!

In ole we trust!! :ole: :ayatollah: :ole: :ayatollah: :ole: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Cudos to OGS. He wasn't all success in United, he had severe injuries but people only saw him smiling months in and out trying to recover. Think Sir AF commented it was stunning how Ole could keep it up and trying so hard to get back from injuries/surgerys.
2 really hard matches done and 4 points from them, super start of the season. Wish Ole all the best :ole:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Do you really believe that people want him to fail!!!!! That's all any if us want is a decent team and to be abke to go to matches and have a decent chance of winning each week. Why is everybidy so obsessed with the politics. It is football FFS. Just enjoy it, it is a leisure past time :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ole:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:14 pm

I'm glad Ole is slowly starting to win over the fans. I am a massive Ole fan but he is not immune from criticism, but some of the criticism is so small that its unnecessary. Ole went through a lot. With the admiration that Malky received, he had BIG shoes to fill. The uncertainty off the pitch and the constant media articles about us managed to creep into the dressing room and damage the morale. Fair play to him for remaining positive throughout. I'm really happy with how the summer/early season has gone for Ole. He has rid of the big earners and the players who don't want to be here and built his own team. Early days but we are picking up results and we still have a great strength in depth. He gets a lot of chants away from home but yesterday it was a proud moment seeing him get a chant. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:14 pm

I've done most of the preseason & aways and the first 40 mins at Blackburn showed that OGS had allayed initial concerns about defence. His early business was impressive and Morrison/Pilkington's displays last night have made me quietly confident this season. We know we need Noone back for pace/creativity/trickery but the combination of a fully fit Noone and Pilkington would give us the width and pace we missed last night. This last piece has obviously been addressed and with a few more games under the belt, this team will play for each other and I honestly think we are in for a season to savour. My main concern with OGS was lack of experience but even though its early days, he's showing signs of being very effective and he's good with the fans too. I also have a feeling that the players respond positively to him because of his credibility and achievements from his playing career, much the same as the Wales squad with Gary Speed (RIP). I'm a big Malky fan and I think I'm going to be a big OGS fan too by the look of it. Now lets go hunting Wolves...... :ole: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:27 pm

well said Annis great post :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Great post, totally agree mate :thumbup:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:09 pm

"What he must of been going through deep down,none of us will prob ever really know,Ole has since said he had, had continuos sleepless nights last season."

We will eventually in his autobiography when he writes a booK :o

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:35 pm

when you post about football, Annis, I often agree with you as I do 100% on this occasion. But when you keep banging on about the rebrand I generally don't.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:47 pm

If ole takes us up, he will keep us up. He is now finally able to take his time and build his own team. He was always fighting a losing battle when he came in last season. The damage was already done IMO.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Great post Annis!

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:56 pm

Rather than trying to keep his squad players happy with rotation, he should pick his best X1 for each game on its merits.

I know Maynard got the winner, the ball was going in anyway, he should surely have picked ALF or Guerra up front. Maynard had a shocker.

What was Gunnarrson doing out wide? In fact why was he playing?

What was Daehli doing on the pitch against that Wigan formation?

Why was Whittingham playing; he only takes corners and the odd pot shot?

He has to work out his best X1 before some team makes better use of the possession they have had in the 3 league games. Thankfully he has got a solid defence but the midfield are constantly giving away possession.

Perhaps the training sessions should concentrate on ball retention, passing accurately and making space for passes.

Delighted with 7 points but wholly underwhelmed with the 3 performances.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Annis just went to send you a private message as I have done beofre but for some reason now I am not authorised to do so ,any reason ?

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 pm

I wonder if the biggest problem last season was that so many of the players really didn´t applaud Malky being sacked. If you think about how the fans, who really were crushed by the decision of sacking Malky, welcomed Ole, there would be no wonder if some of the players felt the same. Because of the controversy around Malky´s exit, it could very well be that Ole had a hard time not only convincing the fans, but also quite a few of the players. Some of the players didn´t really play at their best the second half of the season, did they? (e.g. Medel, Caulker, Cowie). They are all professionals, but dropping from 100 to 95 % effort makes a big difference in a tight relegation battle.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:20 pm

I think some fans on here's lack of backing for Ole has been shocking ,whatever the reason with Malky ,players leaving etc as far as I'm concerned once they have gone they are no longer part of the club I support ,I will always back new managers and new players they are the ones that are at the club and need the support,the constant posts about malky on here is a joke ,maybe now he gets a new job it will stop,you can guarantee he wont be mentioning us many times and he will roll out the same interviews he did with us .

Lets just back OGS and the new players this season ,they need and DESERVE OUR SUPPORT :thumbup:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Danny Says wrote:Rather than trying to keep his squad players happy with rotation, he should pick his best X1 for each game on its merits.

I know Maynard got the winner, the ball was going in anyway, he should surely have picked ALF or Guerra up front. Maynard had a shocker.

He has to work out his best X1 before some team makes better use of the possession they have had in the 3 league games. Thankfully he has got a solid defence but the midfield are constantly giving away possession.

Perhaps the training sessions should concentrate on ball retention, passing accurately and making space for passes.

Ok, I'll bite.

Maynard - offered more than people are giving him credit for. He works hard, both he and Jones were putting pressure on their back four. That can have a big impact on defenders. The ball probably wouldn't go in, as I think it was meant as a pass to Maynard.

Gunnarsson - I have criticised him a lot, he does have poor games. But last night wasn't one of them. Made a few mistakes but was otherwise solid.

Daehli - he is a clever player and I think that Ole wasn't sure if Pilkington could do 90 minutes yet so best to play Daehli in the first half. He always tracks back too and worked well with Brayford.

Whittingham - that's just ridiculous. Whitts is one of our best players, arguably one of the 20 best players in the division. He offers vital experience too.

It is good that Ole rotates. It keeps players fresh and raring to go. We have, IMO, the strongest squad that we have ever had in my years watching City so there is quality all over the squad.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Danny Says wrote:Rather than trying to keep his squad players happy with rotation, he should pick his best X1 for each game on its merits.

Weird that you singled out all our midfielders apart from Adeyemi . Just coz he runs around a lot it doesn't make him effective. Thought he was terrible yesterday. I would take one of Whitts "pot shots" any day over that display.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:46 pm

Alf or Guerra up front??? Guerra just recovered, but you would start him?! Safe to say that we better off with Ole than you, or? :laughing6:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:52 pm

Let's get the CC stadium rocking :ole: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:06 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Ok, I'll bite.

Maynard - offered more than people are giving him credit for. He works hard, both he and Jones were putting pressure on their back four. That can have a big impact on defenders. The ball probably wouldn't go in, as I think it was meant as a pass to Maynard.

Gunnarsson - I have criticised him a lot, he does have poor games. But last night wasn't one of them. Made a few mistakes but was otherwise solid.

Daehli - he is a clever player and I think that Ole wasn't sure if Pilkington could do 90 minutes yet so best to play Daehli in the first half. He always tracks back too and worked well with Brayford.

Whittingham - that's just ridiculous. Whitts is one of our best players, arguably one of the 20 best players in the division. He offers vital experience too.

It is good that Ole rotates. It keeps players fresh and raring to go. We have, IMO, the strongest squad that we have ever had in my years watching City so there is quality all over the squad.

You have made some valid points; but my opinion is what it is.

Adeyami didn't play as well as he did on Saturday, and it will be interesting to see what OGS does when Dikajcoi is ready.

Daehli will be better suited to playing against more open teams. Wigan were well organised, and unsurprising he was taken off after 45.

Maynard. He had 4 chances last night. He scored with the easy one. I really had high hopes for him but his injuries seem to have taken a toll on his sharpness. ALF and Guerra hold the ball up better and to me they look a better bet if OGS is going to play a striker off Jones. I still would have preferred mason to have stayed.

Gunnarrsson. I just do not rate him. I appreciate he was played out of position but I cannot recall him having a really good game, and his goals have just dried up.

Whittingham. He is a conundrum. He has ability beyond most of the squad. But is he really a shoe in? He has no pace, he made Fabio's job doubly hard last night as he fails to track back enough but why play him out wide?

City cannot continue to surrender the middle of the park, and fail to retain possession.

The sooner Noone is fit to give the team needed pace, and an outlet the better. Who will he drop :?:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:44 pm

Really good post Annis. Very honest.

I think what has won me over the most about Ole is his personality. He seems to be a class above other people and managers in the game. You're right the man has a lot of dignity.

It also helps that he is a demon in the transfer market. :thumbup:

:ole:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just think what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must of been going through?

Last season when we were losing week after week and not just losing,but at times being humiliated on the pitch, Ole kept on smiling and continued to be cheerful and kept his dignity,even at the player of the year night,Ole had time for everyone and kept saying he was excited about this coming season. Fair play to him as before Ole joined us,most of his career has been nothing but success,so this must if been a might shock to him.

What he must of been going through deep down,none of us will prob ever really know,Ole has since said he had, had continuos sleepless nights last season.

Now On the forums Ole took stick and especially from myself,I still feel I was right to as they were awful displays last season.

But as fans we never turned on Ole at the matches :thumbright: :thumbright:

Ole came over to the fans at every home and away game last season and applauded us no matter how much it hurt,many managers would storm of and forget the fans.

This Summer Ole has been given full support, money wise and in my opinion it looks like Ole has spent well and brought together the best Cardiff City squad I've ever seen :thumbright: :thumbright:

This season,I was expecting non stop attacking football and a weak defence,but so far quite the opposite, the defence has looked pretty good, yes when we've gone forward we have taken our chances,but not as many chances created or goals as I thought,but we have secured the points and that's to me what matters most :thumbright:

4 games gone and 3 wins and a draw would satisfy most managers or fans. A lot can still happen and there will be many ups and downs along the way thus season.

Myself personally I am still reserving my judgement on how the season will go,but so far I am loving every minute if it and it certainly looks like us fans are in for an exciting season ahead.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: SO CAN WE ALL MAKE A BETTER ATMOSPHERE AT THE HOME GAMES PLEASE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Next http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=146002
:ole: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

So enjoy http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=146002 :ayatollah:

Fair play to you, I've noticed you had a few digs at Ole in the past so it's very big of you to admit that so far he's been on the ball (no pun intended). I think the guy should be given at least half the season before people start shouting for him to be replaced, though some have started already, it takes some time for the new players to gel together and for his footballing style to come through. I think he deserves that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: