Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swans footie boss a convicted football hoolie,bombed rival

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Footie Boss A Hoolie

Sunday 7th Sept

Bombed rival fans

A Director of Premier League club Swansea City is a convicted football hooligan.

John Van Zweden was banged up for bombing rival supporters. He was part of a gang of Den Haag hooligans from his home in The Hague Netherlands,convicted of throwing explosives at Ajax fans. They eventually all got suspended sentences and community service,but the wallpaper boss Zweden was the first ever Dutch football fan to get a two year ban from football stadiums.

John Van Zweden boasted in his biography,Wallpaper King in the Premier League,available in the Netherlands, he also boasted about giving a cop a hiding.
He also admitted to joining Swansea pals in 1988 to cause trouble at an England v Holland clash. But he said "I never wrecked trains or carried clubs or firearms to football matches,I prefer to use my fists."

A Swansea Spokeman said " The club is aware of Mr John Van Zwedens past. "

Re: Swans footie boss a convicted football hoolie,bombed riv

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:17 pm

Scum bag using explosives. People like him should not be allowed to be involved in football.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Nothing suprises me gippoes thieves and thugs,just sums them up

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Surely the Jacks and the FA must know this, why do they allow him to be involved with their club? :shock:

Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Most people in High places have what you call a black heart.
Thats how they get there in the first place

Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:32 pm

This is widely known in swansea and has been for years

Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Scum bag using explosives. People like him should not be allowed to be involved in football.

C'mon Ga. What do you think he threw? A few grenades or a couple of bangers? :laughing6:

Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:47 pm

O the irony :lol:

Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:51 pm

I went to the England v Holland game at Wembley in 88, I met up with Chelsea & Charlton that day but the dutch failed to show, the press reported 5000 dutch were travelling but it was more like 400, piss poor show from the dutch, just as well, most of London were out that day.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:03 pm

64JACK wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Scum bag using explosives. People like him should not be allowed to be involved in football.

C'mon Ga. What do you think he threw? A few grenades or a couple of bangers? :laughing6:

It'll be tear gas or something I'd have thought.

What annoys me here is that Malky sent 2 completely inappropriate texts and the media wants him banned for life from football (I think he should have a 6-12 month ban). This Dutch idiot has boasted about a past life of hooliganism and 2 of your other directors have a past involvement in trouble yet nothing has happened despite this being a fairly well known fact. Surely being a board member of a football club should have some form of code of conduct.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:52 pm

Sorry I missed the bit where this is about Cardiff??

For the record, I've known this for years. It doesn't surprise me that people high up in any business may have a "colourful" past. I suppose the difference is that when he was a "hoolie", he wasn't on the board of any football club, whereas Malky did what he did while he was a manager.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:04 am

Woodville Willie wrote:Sorry I missed the bit where this is about Cardiff??

For the record, I've known this for years. It doesn't surprise me that people high up in any business may have a "colourful" past. I suppose the difference is that when he was a "hoolie", he wasn't on the board of any football club, whereas Malky did what he did while he was a manager.

One of our main football rivals.
Therefore, it is about Cardiff.
The past is the past and it happened.
You cannot sweep this under the carpet as though it never happened.
He has been punished with a suspended sentence.
But he is still boasting about it,it would seem?

Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:14 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:Sorry I missed the bit where this is about Cardiff??

One of our main football rivals.
Therefore, it is about Cardiff.
The past is the past and it happened.
You cannot sweep this under the carpet as though it never happened.
He has been punished with a suspended sentence.
But he is still boasting about it,it would seem?

Unless Swansea are drawn in the cup against us this year, I don't see them as rivals to be honest. Don't get me wrong, the derby days are fantastic but the rest of it is just irrelevant to us for the time being.

I also don't think it should be swept under the carpet, but assumed everyone knew. It's been common knowledge for some time.

I still think there are more pressing issues for Cardiff to focus on. As you said, it's been dealt with. If he is writing in a sensationalised way, the best thing to do is not to buy the book and don't read such rubbish.