Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NO EXCUSES TODAY PLEASE/STILL SHELL SHOCKED '

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:42 pm

' NO EXCUSES TODAY PLEASE/STILL SHELL SHOCKED '

Cardiff City 2 Norwich City 4

Crowd 21,746
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147255

Were not in the Premier League anymore,where we were getting humiliated every week last season. We are now in the Championship, with the best squad of players you could ask for and playing at home,so please No excuses for todays humiliation.

We were 2nil up, in total control of the game,best football under Ole for a long long time and by half-time we could of even been 3 or 4 nil up and then to concede 4 goals in the second half :o :shock:

I am shocked by the quality of players we had out there and yet,we played in the second half like we did last season in the Premier League.
I have never seen such a jekyll and Hyde performance like that in many a year.

We started the game off with Kenwyne Jones making their keeper make a save within minutes, we were all over them first half and controlled it. Ole had tinkered with the first team once again, but once Joe Ralls had put us 1 nil up and Aron Gunnarsson had made it 2 nil, I really thought this is it and never mind about the tinkering. :thumbright:

Yet come second half, it was Norwich straight from the off, tearing us apart and putting Cameron Jerome on against us was a master stroke by Norwich.
Declan John had come on for Fabio(Fabio went off injured at half time).

Time after time they tore us apart and our defence was split wide open and it was only a matter of time before we were going to concede and when we did, the flood gates opened and we conceded 4 :o and it could of been more.

Ive only just got home from the game and really havent got my had around to this result? ? ?

Why take of Kenwyne Jones? he was every where, from defending to attacking, thats a mystery and Jones is not injured.

Also very sad by our club, the clocks not working in the first half, we will continue to do our 1927, its all we have left to sing about :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I thought Brayford had his worse game today and up and till today he has been by far one of our best players,hopefully just a bad day.

There was No leader ship out there and no desire to fight once Norwich had scored, reminded me of last season.

My man of the match Aron Gunnarsson.

I am not panicking yet as we have the squad to put it right, starting with Boro home this Tuesday night :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

UP NEXT
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147285 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ' NO EXCUSES TODAY PLEASE/STILL SHELL SHOCKED '

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Annis. Surely you ain't shocked by this!!!? I've been going 21 years, you more. If it was in the 90th nothing's guaranteed.
Lee.

Awful today Annis, from what I saw.

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 2&t=147245

And is there anyone to vote for?

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 2&t=147251

Your deluded boro will rip us a new whole

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:51 pm

8ballpottingmachine wrote:Annis. Surely you ain't shocked by this!!!? I've been going 21 years, you more. If it was in the 90th nothing's guaranteed.
Lee.

Lee, I am shocked by the quality of players we had out there and yet,we played in the second half like we did last season in the Premier League.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Awful today Annis, from what I saw.

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 2&t=147245

And is there anyone to vote for?

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 2&t=147251

Ned, I voted for Gunnarson.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:53 pm

I think Jones went off so OGS could change our shape, but in truth Macheda had faded and Maynard isn't good enough to change a game the way OGS wanted to.

We need Noone back, quickly. I swear to god, the moment he's in our team I fully expect us to start thrashing teams.

Jesus, with the team Ole has assembled, I'd give my left nut to have Noone fit and Conway back. We'd be f*cking laughing our way to promotion.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Jones isn't injured but isn't match fit and hasn't had a proper pre-season. Some players just can't complete the ninety.

First 40 minutes was the best football I've seen in years. Fans need to stop giving the manager so much hassle and blame the players sometimes. John was defensively inept, proves the myth of Fabio not being able to defend was a myth

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' NO EXCUSES TODAY PLEASE/STILL SHELL SHOCKED '

Crowd 21,746

Were not in the Premier League anymore,where we were getting humiliated every week last season. We are now in the Championship, with the best squad of players you could ask for and playing at home,so please No excuses for todays humiliation.

We were 2nil up, in total control of the game and by half-time we could of even been 3 or 4 nil up and then to concede 4 goals in the second half :o :shock:

I am shocked by the quality of players we had out there and yet,we played in the second half like we did last season in the Premier League.

We started the game off with Kenwyne Jones making their keeper make a save within minutes, we were all over them first half and controlled it. Ole had tinkered with the first team once again, but once Joe Ralls had put us 1 nil up and Aron Gunnarsson had made it 2 nil, I really thought this is it and never mind about the tinkering. :thumbright:

Yet come second half, it was Norwich straight from the off, tearing us apart and putting Cameron Jerome on against us was a master stroke by Norwich.

Time after time they tore us apart and our defence was split wide open and it was only a matter of time before we were going to concede and when we did, the flood gates opened and we conceded 4 :o and it could of been more.

Ive only just got home from the game and really havent got my had around to this result? ? ?

Why take of Kenwyne Jones? he was every where, from defending to attacking, thats a mystery and Jones is not injured.

Also very sad by our club, the clocks not working in the first half, we will continue to do our 1927, its all we have left to sing about :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I thought Brayford had his worse game today and up and till today he has been by far one of our best players,hopefully just a bad day.

There was No leader ship out there and no desire to fight once Norwich had scored, reminded me of last season.

I am not panicking yet as we have the squad to put it right, starting with Boro home this Tuesday night :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147255 :thumbright: :thumbright:

Annis in what world is Gunner a right winger... ole has no clue, I've given him the benefit of the doubt with a pre-season but to throw away a two goal lead and then end up with four central midfielders playing in a four man midfield with Jones being replaced by an ineffective Maynard (who's very poor) and Macheda who started really well but was it on his feet after thirty minutes... My mind boggles!

We have players who are all very similar, one level of pace and no plan B as a result.

If I was Mr Tan I would move Ole on immediately!

Tuesday I would get as much pace in to the team as possible:

Marshall

Brayford Manga Morrison Connolly (if fabio is out)

Noone Dika Adyemi Harris

Daehli

Jones

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:11 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Jones isn't injured but isn't match fit and hasn't had a proper pre-season. Some players just can't complete the ninety.

First 40 minutes was the best football I've seen in years. Fans need to stop giving the manager so much hassle and blame the players sometimes. John was defensively inept, proves the myth of Fabio not being able to defend was a myth

The buck stops with the manager and his tactics,yes players should take some blame, but today I 100% blame Ole.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:13 pm

I think Fabio going off limited Ole's options. When things went to shit, he needed to get Ralls off for Adeyemi, and a striker change was needed. Four CMs playing across midfield was not what he wanted I'm sure, and had Fabio not gone off I'm sure Daehli would have come on to play on the wing.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Einstein wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' NO EXCUSES TODAY PLEASE/STILL SHELL SHOCKED '

Crowd 21,746

We were 2nil up, in total control of the game and by half-time we could of even been 3 or 4 nil up and then to concede 4 goals in the second half :o :shock:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147255 :thumbright: :thumbright:

Annis in what world is Gunner a right winger... ole has no clue, I've given him the benefit of the doubt with a pre-season but to throw away a two goal lead and then end up with four central midfielders playing in a four man midfield with Jones being replaced by an ineffective Maynard (who's very poor) and Macheda who started really well but was it on his feet after thirty minutes... My mind boggles!

We have players who are all very similar, one level of pace and no plan B as a result.

If I was Mr Tan I would move Ole on immediately!

Tuesday I would get as much pace in to the team as possible:

Marshall

Brayford Manga Morrison Connolly (if fabio is out)

Noone Dika Adyemi Harris

Daehli

Jones

I will say it again, I like Ole,gentleman,good man,friendly,but as a manager I honestly dont think he will ever take Cardiff City up,because as you say his tactics.

As I walked back to the car,well over 20 fans spoke to me at different times and not one believe in Ole.

Hopefully we are all wrong,I really hope so and I mean that :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:16 pm

KWest wrote:I think Fabio going off limited Ole's options. When things went to shit, he needed to get Ralls off for Adeyemi, and a striker change was needed. Four CMs playing across midfield was not what he wanted I'm sure, and had Fabio not gone off I'm sure Daehli would have come on to play on the wing.

Fabio, so far this season has been our best player in my opinion, but thats down to Ole to have his squad ready when needed in cases like today.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:16 pm

KWest wrote:I think Fabio going off limited Ole's options. When things went to shit, he needed to get Ralls off for Adeyemi, and a striker change was needed. Four CMs playing across midfield was not what he wanted I'm sure, and had Fabio not gone off I'm sure Daehli would have come on to play on the wing.

His fault, he bought the players, he selected the team and he selected the bench with no options... He is to blame nobody else, don't make excuses for a man who is being paid a fortune to make the right decisions, he had nothing on the bench to change the game. guerra has looked better than LeFondre and Maynard combined, those two have had three shoots all season. The guys is clueless!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Einstein wrote:

His fault, he bought the players, he selected the team and he selected the bench with no options... He is to blame nobody else, don't make excuses for a man who is being paid a fortune to make the right decisions, he had nothing on the bench to change the game. guerra has looked better than LeFondre and Maynard combined, those two have had three shoots all season. The guys is clueless!

I will add that despite this cluelessness he seems like a thoroughly nice chap.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:19 pm

With this squad, we should all be looking forward to the next game, I don't because I fear what team & system he's going to use?
I agree that we were excellent at times first half but the writing was on the wall just before half time.
Half time couldn't come soon enough and when they started to dominate second half what did Ole do.... Move Whitts out left! Maybe he wanted to try & offer John some protection as Macheda gave him and Fabio no help, but then he's no defender?
As soon as they scored he switched back almost hoping nobody would notice.
To most fans near me the game was crying out for Daehli, as if he's fit enough to bench, he had to be worth half an hour?
Then to everybody's amazement the No 9 board goes up, we all think we know it all when it comes to our team, that's because we are so passionate, but it's happened too many times now, how can Ole not see what most of the ground can?
It's time to wake up now, we have the squad I really believe, but I'm starting to climb off the fence as I seriously doubt Ole has the ability to get us back up.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:24 pm

First 30 mins we were brilliant but Norwich came strong in the last 10 mins and were a bit unlucky not to score.
I thought John had a terrible game when he came on second half(with little help down that left side) and Jerome was excellent for them,a tale of two subs.
You could see the confidence draining away from our players the longer the game went on.
We just don't seem to have leaders in our team.
Very disappointed.

PS very childish with the clock :x

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:25 pm

always supported the Bluebirds but might actually need to take a sicky on Monday as I am too embarrassed to face the office in Norwich. FFS how could that happen?

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Agree, Jerome changed the game....Ole tactics....he has not got a clue, for once our Defence were very poor, even with jones on, we had no players running on for him...Not like Jerome, held the ball up for the runners.
WE CANNOT FALL to far behind early on in the season....I would take 4 pts from next 2 games ?? :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :sad7:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Replies from FB

Bartosz Nowicki Ole out!
18 minutes ago · Unlike · 4

David Bradley ole out. your appointment vinny boy you will get the flak. accident waiting to happen im afraid ogs is. funny how pulis is called for but mackay was slated for hoofball tactics. i guess if we get pulis we will remember the ogs disaster and not complain about quality of football nxt time a so-called "hoofball" manager is at helm
14 minutes ago · Like

Paul Bigchief Ferrell we need to act now get pulis in hes fans choice ole is so far out of his depth hes too forward minded hes forcing too many attacking players into the team and playing kiko and alfie wide right and left in recent games even at wolves he dropped our best 2 performers in brayford and kenwyn the guy tinkers too much hes not giving cala a chance imo our most comfy ball playing centre back in our squad yet hes wasted money on morrison its shocking he had w5m to spend last jan made no impact and outa 7 players only daehli was any good Annis Abraham Jnr II if we leave it much later we wont even be in with a shout of top 2
12 minutes ago · Unlike · 3

Carl Newman CRAP IS THYE ONLY WORD FOR THIS PERFORMANCE ABD I AGREE WITH DAVID BRADLEY...OLE OUT...OLE OUT ...OLE OUT
11 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

Barrie Jones Annis . Only way i can see us goin straight back up is with Tony Pulis.
Oles a nice guy always a smile . But im affraid he isnt the man for the job <o>
10 minutes ago · Unlike · 3

Simon Underhill Ole out, Tan out, re build and wipe out anyone involved in the sickening rebrand
6 minutes ago · Unlike · 3

Barrie Jones Paul ask Mark Young before the Blackburn game i had a list of fixtures and results and a points total . I predicted that before the Bpool game . Ole would be out
5 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

Mark Young Yes u did Baz, Oli wud be ideal replacement,but cudnt see him getting on with Tan
A few seconds ago · Like

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Replies from FB

Mark Young ☆Pullis
3 mins · Like

James Leighton I've seen more than enough! Ole has been here 9 months and spent £25m!!!! During his time here he's delivered some of the worst displays I've ever seen, with today's second half the worst of the lot. I can't see how anyone can defend him now. We need to do everything possible to get Pulis! #oleout
3 mins · Like

Phillip Turner 3 - 2 down and Ole hardly came out into his technical area????? He just didn't have a clue how to respond to the onslaught we took in 2nd half. What kind of a manager does that?
2 mins · Like · 1

Barrie Jones Under Ole we dont have a chance i hate to say . With Pulis he would take no shit . I say get him before someone like Fulham do
1 min · Like · 1

James Leighton Saw that!! We were getting hammered and there was a break for an injury and Ole didn't move or say a word while Adams got his players in!! During that time Macheda came across and was clearly unhappy playing left midfield. Ole said nothing! It was left to Cala to tell him what to do!!!
Just now · Like · 1

Kevin Ederle When you take oles record from day 1 it shows hes out of his depth in british football....pullis is proven in the prem and a local lad and who knows with the finaces availiable he may put together a team that plays football...but more importantly a team that will fight and show passion
Just now · Like

Phillip Turner Problem there is Barrie. Tan likes a yes man and Pulis def ain't one of those!
Just now · Like

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:44 pm

pezza4646 wrote:Agree, Jerome changed the game....Ole tactics....he has not got a clue, for once our Defence were very poor, even with jones on, we had no players running on for him...Not like Jerome, held the ball up for the runners.
WE CANNOT FALL to far behind early on in the season....I would take 4 pts from next 2 games ?? :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :sad7:

Jerome coming on and Fabio going off were big pluses for Norwich. Blame the defence all you like but our midfield quartet are simply not up to it defensively. Soft centres? more like marshmallows ..... totally gutless the 4 of them.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:46 pm

so let me get this right
most of you seem to be saying oles tactics in the first half were ok because we were playing well and were 2 nil up
ole makes one enforced change at half time and we lose 4 2 with basically the same players as the first half but oles tactics are to blame
do you all really think ole told gunnerson to give the ball away for one of there goals or told Morrison to give ralls a stupid pass in the middle of the pitch for them to score another goal and he definatly did not tell marshall to fall asleep for there 4th goal
imho we scored 2 good goals and gifted them 4 terrible goals
the blame should lie firstly with the over paid players who just turned it in during the second half
oles problem today in the second half was he only had three subs to call on not 9 as imo only Connolly did his job today
:bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Norwich had 25 shots at Cardiff’s goal. Compared to 11 for Cardiff the home side :shock:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Jones isn't injured but isn't match fit and hasn't had a proper pre-season. Some players just can't complete the ninety.

The buck stops with the manager and his tactics,yes players should take some blame, but today I 100% blame Ole.

Annis, first City game of the season for me (work and life commitments) and everything you said you feared about Ole's team and his management skills seemed to come home to roost today!

Tantalising first half, where there was only one team in it. Norwich were made to look very ordinary and (without shadow of doubt for me) Kenwyne was the best player on the pitch (up front AND at the back! :thumbright: )

Second half was as big a capitulation as I have seen for a long while and both manager and the enforced substitution of Fabio just went to prove to me that Declan John is NOT the answer to our defensive problems. He was turned inside out at times today! :oops:

The players should be looking hard in the large dressing room mirror at this very moment! :thumbup:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Shocked by today ole is ole he wont change is ways but who was so Insistent on bringing him here. Dalaman must take some blame the club for me has no direction on or off the pitch.we are all in need of a lift after relegation instead we get inept management on and off the field.

Don't no what to say about it all other than cha ges must happen ole must learn his best 11or be sacked it might work some games but over a season its never going to get us promoted no where near.
Tan must sort this blue war and just give it back and Dalaman in heinsight should of got a more experienced manager In instead of ole I think ole out of his depth.
Winge over :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:11 pm

annis that just about proves our midfield is our problem
it doesn't create enough
and doesn't stop them creating :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Replies from FB

Mallo Cardiff Tan wont be back until were in top 4 and that just may be a long time off
38 mins · Like · 1

Dale Forward i say get pullis in ogs has had his chance
38 mins · Like · 1

Phillip Turner Hope so. The only player with passion in 2nd half was Jones and Ole took him off??
37 mins · Like · 2

Dale Forward yea think he was injured to be honest
36 mins · Like

Mallo Cardiff since bellamy and caulker gone jones come back to form and yes giving his all even if he falls down like leo fortune west - not as bad as bothroyd thou
35 mins · Like · 2

Paul Bigchief Ferrell the damage has already been done if we had beaten norwich and gone top 4 everybody would fear us now conceeding 4 goals all teams are gonna relish coming to ccs with no intimidation from on and defo from off the pitch its not an isolated result or performance its just been piss poor all season so far and carried on from last year I already think wer miles off automatic and even if we get a new man in we will hav a right battle to make the top 6 and we all know our wonderful wembley record
34 mins · Like · 2

Dale Forward its still early paul ive got to be honest but i would like change now so we can build and get stronger as the season goes on not three quarters through then change
33 mins · Like · 1

Mallo Cardiff all blue
33 mins · Like

Dale Forward with the squad we got on paper we could easily compete in the prem just need the right man at the helm ogs a nice guy but as far as football manager no.......
30 mins · Like

James Leighton It's ok, Ole is already reviewing the game to see where it went wrong

Coach Klein watches Game-Film (The Waterboy)
29 mins · Like · 1

Hywel Evans We may be down but we're not out yet Steve
15 mins · Like

Kurt Ccfc Harding I said at the start of season we won't go up with ole. He clueless. PULIS.
6 mins · Like

Hywel Evans Hey it's still early days. Don't let anyone else tell you differently
5 mins · Like

Hywel Evans We are not ganna take any crap off any club even Swansea. Give Ole a chance to prove himself guys , c'mon

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:15 pm

This Tuesday, City 1-3 Boro

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Bet no one guessed that score