Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jekyll and Hyde performance leaves fans calling for Pulis

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:31 pm

' Jekyll and Hyde performance leaves fans calling for Tony Pulis '

Well Ole certainly didn't surprise anyone by making changes to his line up yet again but he did surprise us with his shape, his team and positions of certain players.

Aron Gunnarsson, Kiko Macheda and Joe Ralls came into the starting eleven, I was shocked at Ralls starting but even more so at Gunnarsson playing most of the first half as an attacking midfielder.

But Ole looked like he got his tactics bang on, with Ralls and Gunners both scoring excellent goals.

Some may argue that Norwich were poor in the first half but City were doing all the pressing and were containing Norwich well.

Kenwyne Jones was working tirelessly to track back and win the ball as well as doing a good job in playing as the lone striker, and yet again was our best defender at set pieces.

Half time and everything was looking good.

But what on earth happened in that second half ?

We sat back from the kick off and allowed Norwich to work they way back into the game, once they scored the first I think everyone in that stadium could tell it wouldn't be long before they got the equaliser but Ole did nothing to try and prevent it.

Tactically naive is the only words I can say to try and explain what happened in the second half.

We had no answers, we had no leaders, we lacked direction, when the equaliser was scored I looked at our team and they were dejected, all trudging back towards the half way line with their heads facing the ground, it was not as if we had conceded at the death.

Where was the spirit to roll the sleeves up and prepare to dig in ?

I thought playing a 4-5-1 that was so times more of a 4-4-1-1 was a good shape but the wrong players in certain positions and the substitution of Kenwyne Jones made no sense whatsoever.

I heard fans saying after the game leaving the ground and on the radio to get Tony Pulis but I don't think that would be the right choice if I am honest.

I don't even know if sacking Ole after this game is even right.

But regards Pulis, had we got him when Malky was sacked I could understand and have welcomed it as we needed a manager to get the players to fight for survival to try and avoid relegation but I don't believe bringing Pulis in what be the long term answer.

Would City fans want to see hoof-ball each week ?

Ole must get a win at home on Tuesday as far as I am concerned otherwise I believe the calls will come from the stands for him to go.

The manager must take credit for the squad he has assembled but deserves the criticism for not getting the best out of it.

Re: Jekyll and Hyde performance leaves fans calling for Puli

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Pulis comes in and that's my last season as a City fan

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:35 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Pulis comes in and that's my last season as a City fan

:laughing5: :laughing5:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Why?

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:36 pm

the comment "would you take hoof-ball"....it might be a success here, this sooo called attacking style ole's bringing i've reado soo much about on this forum seems to be working...oh wait

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:37 pm

Support our club first, not the manager or the owner. We support Cardiff City :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Support our club first, not the manager or the owner. We support Cardiff City :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Spot on Annis :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:46 pm

It's a win win situation then :lol:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Ole is one of the good guys but he is clueless. Another living off the back of Fergie. Pullis for me. Everyone saying we will get pissed off with his football. But all we do under olly even if we are loosing is sideways and backwards. Is that exciting football ? And Malky didnt exactly set tbe world alight with entertaining football. Bring in Pullis I say.
Oh Tan out !!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:55 pm

We will be lucky to finish mid table with Ole in charge. Tactically very naive and I just don't understand the logic in playing players out of position time after time. For me he has to go before it's too late. I would like to see TP as our manager as I believe he would get the best out of what is on paper for me the best squad in this league!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Ole is one of the good guys but he is clueless. Another living off the back of Fergie. Pullis for me. Everyone saying we will get pissed off with his football. But all we do under olly even if we are loosing is sideways and backwards. Is that exciting football ? And Malky didnt exactly set tbe world alight with entertaining football. Bring in Pullis I say.
Oh Tan out !!

i didnt understand why we were playing crab football when losing, that never scored any goals or made chances either! :old:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Thought you Knew better than that Carl, hoof ball is a saying I've heard illiterate jacks use for the last few years.

Pulis turned Palace in to a team that not only knew how to drag out a result, but played football, knocked it about superbly down here.

I think Ole plays 'hoof ball' if anything, with big K Jones up top we should be looking to play through our wingers, but unfortunately its just route one.

The blokes completely clueless, it's so easy to say 'Ole out' after one bad result, but unfortunately it's the same dross week after week.

Colossal squad which he has brought in himself, he will tinker every week and I believe we will struggle to get a good run of form(wins).

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:09 pm

Am I the only one thinking why the feck would Pulis want to come to Cardiff? Surely his record of keeping teams in the Premier League will guarantee him a better job within a month or two? Oh wait, he's Welsh, he's bound to want to come to us :lol:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

:laughing5: :laughing5:

dont think you have been a fan for long so you wont be missed :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:17 pm

I'm backing OGS until mid October. If still shit then bye bye :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Blue Legend wrote:Am I the only one thinking why the feck would Pulis want to come to Cardiff? Surely his record of keeping teams in the Premier League will guarantee him a better job within a month or two? Oh wait, he's Welsh, he's bound to want to come to us :lol:

Pullis, would not go near Tan.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:29 pm

I honestly believe our next manager will be Dave jones, tan has said that malky was TG and gethin Jenkins choice, solskjaer is dalman's man and if he fails tan will make is own decision and won't be talked out of bringing back dj IMO , hope I'm wrong

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:31 pm

the blue path wrote:I honestly believe our next manager will be Dave jones, tan has said that malky was TG and gethin Jenkins choice, solskjaer is dalman's man and if he fails tan will make is own decision and won't be talked out of bringing back dj IMO , hope I'm wrong

Tan has always wanted Dave Jones.

But not for me :cry:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
the blue path wrote:I honestly believe our next manager will be Dave jones, tan has said that malky was TG and gethin Jenkins choice, solskjaer is dalman's man and if he fails tan will make is own decision and won't be talked out of bringing back dj IMO , hope I'm wrong

def not annis couple of good managers out there surely? :roll:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:36 pm

i know the tan regime has become profligate, thinking nothing about handing contracts of £30k + a week in the championship, but pulis wouldn't come cheap, if he was prepared to come here at all.

within 18 months fans would be calling for him to go because of negative football. its sad that CCFC has adopted a hire and fire mentality to managers. it costs the club huge amounts of money.

the next man in will have all of OGS's players, we are led to believe there have been changes implemented off the field too. after all the players he's bought, should they be allowed time to gel, or should we make the knee jerk decision of sacking him? i would give him more time, personally. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

In all fairness Dave Jones ( or his staff) would do well with this squad I think.
Bulging with quality. Just not playing in the right positions.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Swindon Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

In all fairness Dave Jones ( or his staff) would do well with this squad I think.
Bulging with quality. Just not playing in the right positions.

I agree Jones would take this squad up, but still dont like him :lol:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I saw you today you sat there from start to finish looking grumpy was you made to go? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Jinks wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I saw you today you sat there from start to finish looking grumpy was you made to go? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I was jumping for joy at 2 nil up after each goal :bluescarf:
No atmosphere, anymore in Ninian stand.
Then I was nearly crying.
Were you happy with that today Jinks? I did leave in the 88th minute, I just could not take it anymore :cry:

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Come on Carl, your man Malky was the hoofball type, certainly Ben Turner appeared to be encouraged to do so with his obvious passing skills. Right now Pulis is perfect for us or Wales. Didn't play hoofball at Palace , Suarez and Getrard will testify to that

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Pullis? Some of our fans haven't a clue, he is not what we need.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue Legend wrote:Am I the only one thinking why the feck would Pulis want to come to Cardiff? Surely his record of keeping teams in the Premier League will guarantee him a better job within a month or two? Oh wait, he's Welsh, he's bound to want to come to us :lol:

I totally agree, no way!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Einstein wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I totally agree, no way!

More likely to get David Moyes!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:27 pm

If we're being honest with ourselves, to throw the game away in such a fashion is something City have done many times before, especially over the last few years (and more so under Dave Jones).

I'm not calling for Ole's head as sacking managers willy nilly is just bollocks as far as I'm concerned. The players need to take the vast share of responsibility for letting the game slip away like that, but Ole really needs to stop messing about with the line up week on week, that's for sure.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:29 pm

langley wrote:Pullis? Some of our fans haven't a clue, he is not what we need.

Really, give us a realistic name then. Cos Ole is as bad as Coleman for me, I would predict Pulis would get us promoted this season particularly with his own dealings in the next January window. And who really knows if he would take a vacancy here or with Wales. All I know is I would like him for either post. He has an undeserved reputation for hoofball, which Malky "the greatest ever Cardiff manager" mackay graced us with before his departure