Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Time to act now before further damage is done! '

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:46 pm

' Time to act now before further damage is done! '

Is Sean Morrison any better than Hudson? I don't think so and I don't think we would have conceded 4 today if Hudson was playing. Hudson would have kept us more organised. Morrison is a giant at 6'4, but way too slow on the deck and if you're looking slow in the Championship, you're going to be way off the pace in the Premiership. The fourth goal was embarrassing and showed Morrison's lack of pace up.

Would any other team in the Championship throw away a 2-0 lead at half time and lose 4-2? Ole has got rid of the wrong players. We could have done with Don Cowie massively today for doing the dirty side of the game, doing the unnoticed running, picking up the loose balls etc! Also, can anyone explain why we finished the game with no wingers on the pitch? :shock:

I've said all along we will never achieve anything under Ole and sadly, I have yet to see anything to prove me wrong. We used to have a close nit group, a squad of strong characters who were organised and committed.

Ole turned us into a soft touch last season, he has spent 4 million on Morrison this season who hasn't improved our defence at all and failed to strengthen our main weakness of the team, centre midfield. In fact, losing Medel, Mutch and Cowie and replacing them with only Dikgacoi and Adeyemi (although I rate Adeyemi and can't understand why he start today) has weakened our centre midfield even further.

No Guerra, Eikrem or Burgstaller in the squad today. So much talent not in the squad and you see Blackpool taking a point off Wolves today, something we couldn't do a few weeks ago. We are now 15th with what must be the most expensively assembled Championship squad in history!

Get rid of Ole now before any further damage is done and bring in Tony Pulis please, although Pulis will never work for a man like Tan sadly!

Re: Time to act now before further damage is done!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Agree with a lot of what say Tonteg....Cardiff needs to be brave and sack ole tonight and if we can't get Pullis
Get on the blower to Moyes. :ayatollah:

Re: ' Time to act now before further damage is done! '

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Shocking today. Total dog shit. Even in the first half I thought we looked weak in midfield and at the back. Some random thoughts. When I saw the team sheet my comment was the subs bench looked far stronger than the starting line up. I'd never under any circumstances play Peter Whittingham in a 4 man midfield. He's not strong enough. We got away with it in the first half when Norwich played 4-3-3. They switched to 4-4-2 at half time and as soon as they matched up plus played with two central strikers it was game over. Declan John had a mare. Within 2 or 3 minutes of coming on he's chasing a ball down and Redmond gives him a little nudge in the back and he went to rat shit. I watched his positional play and a few times he got away with murder. Pilkington and Ralls, hmmm. Great goal from Ralls but compare the pace of Redmond to those two, they're like a couple of pensioners by comparison. From the first minutes of the second half we were on the rack. OK Macheda could have/ should have put us 3 up but he didn't. WTF didn't Ole make changes to correct it? Even the one sub he eventually made was madness. I don't know why Jones was subbed but if he wasn't injured it beggars belief. Generally I thought we were a shambles. No bite, no fight, no shape, no pace. Sorry to say this, genuinely sorry, but Ole and his coaching staff seem totally and utterly clueless. The only plus point was the number of passes leading to the second goal was a wonder in itself. Having said that personally I don't give a shit about playing from the back and having 80% possession. It's all about results and with our squad we should be doing a lot better.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Agree with all of the above!!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:12 pm

hudson . turner , park footballers, we need players who can take the step up,the 2 mentioned cant

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Never had faith in OGS after a handful of games and signings he made back in January, he's not got the standard of coaching for the Top 2 Tier Leagues (or his back room staff,trainers etc).

Newcastle are on the brink of sacking Pardew and we need to act quickly if we want Pulis

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:25 pm

15th with only 6 games played, not even a quarter of the season played yet

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:24 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:15th with only 6 games played, not even a quarter of the season played yet

your deluded with ole in charge we will be going down.now wake up and smell the coffee and get your tongue out of ole arse

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:35 pm

ninianblue wrote:hudson . turner , park footballers, we need players who can take the step up,the 2 mentioned cant

Very harsh! They were our centre backs the season we won the title. Hudson was player of the year! They are a very solid championship pairing and both look better than Morrison!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:38 pm

6 games in???
Some people are just not understanding football.
Sack no one before xmas.
Morons...

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Sunnyboy wrote:6 games in???
Sack no one before xmas.
Morons...

A fair few of us were saying Malky should have gone after Palace....in fact some of us blamed the fans for singing Don't sack Mackey......we ended up sacking Malky just after Christmas.....we sank to the bottom.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Sunnyboy wrote:6 games in???
Sack no one before xmas.
Morons...

Ole has had two transfer windows to sort his side out... He's been backed, got the personnel and still doesn't know what to do with them!,

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:46 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:15th with only 6 games played, not even a quarter of the season played yet

your deluded with ole in charge we will be going down.now wake up and smell the coffee and get your tongue out of ole arse

There is no way this team will go down. They would stay up without a manager at all.
However, they certainly won't be challenging for promotion based on the first 6 games results, but more importantly
Performances. Embarrassing today.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:49 pm

FWIW I do not think Morrison was the problem at all today. Mid field. What the hell is going on?!? Once Fabio got injured they couldn't string 2 passes together. Pilkington is meant to be a winger but can not seem to give us any width at all and we got over run in the middle. For me the only midfielder that had a go was gannarson but he can't do it on his own.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:58 am

Says it all ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:50 pm

bluebird66 wrote:Says it all ...

This has got nothing to do with Tan....he's backed the club and done his part....this is about OGS.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Harsh on Morrison,saying he's slow can't be right he gave mcmanaman five yards head start and still caught him against Wigan so I don't believe he's slow but as for ole being replaced asap I have to agree,enough is enough with waiting for ole to find a starting 11

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:53 pm

Tan n Oli
heheheheheheheheeheheheheehehheeeeeeeee :bluescarf: :bluescarf: