Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' It really does worry me '

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:14 am

' It really does worry me '

What high profile or shall we say good manager will come to our club ?

I am not taking the mick here, but in the soccer world for the last 2 years, our club has looked like a circus/joke,that is the truth and any one with good credentials will look at us and have big doubts.

I know I say money talks, but good managers will always get a job, so why would they take the Cardiff Job?

Opinions Please ? :thumbright:

And this is important viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147515 :thumbright:

Re: It really does worry me

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:17 am

We have the chance to get a top drawer manager in Tony Pulis, who wants the job.

But does Tan want him?

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:18 am

Sounds like you Pullis agent Annis:-)

Re: ' It really does worry me '

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:18 am

Not in a million years will Tan pick Tony... I hope i'm proved wrong :(

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:What high profile or shall we say good manager will come to our club ?

I am not taking the mick here, but in the soccer world for the last 2 years, our club has looked like a circus/joke,that is the truth and any one with good credentials will look at us and have big doubts.

I know I say money talks, but good managers will always get a job, so why would they take the Cardiff Job?

Opinion Please ? :thumbright:

We need an experienced Manager Pullis should be the right type of Manager IMO, I think he would take it, say what you like but Tan backs his managers !!!!

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:What high profile or shall we say good manager will come to our club ?

I am not taking the mick here, but in the soccer world for the last 2 years, our club has looked like a circus/joe,that is the truth and any one with good credentials will look at us and have big doubts.

Annis, most managers would jump at the chance to manage our club, under tan they have all been very well financially backed by him, the rest of the "circus" as you put it will not involve the manager.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:21 am

Annis tp is a proven manager at the highest level, he is a city fan, its been said he would be interested, he would be our best bet for promotion, so TANmust bury the palace hatchet for the sake of the club AMEN!!!

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:21 am

What reason is there for Tan not to want Pulis? If the FA investigation into the palace spygate is concluded then what is there for Tan to possibly gain by taking it further that would outweigh the opportunity to have Pulis on board? Especially if other managers don't show interest, seems a joke.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:23 am

This idea that we are a circus and a joke is non existent. It is fed by our own fans annoyance that we are not listened to anymore.

No one outside gives a cack. Even the sacking of Malky which gave the press the chance to say we are a circus has now gone away after the actions of Malky.

City fans like to think their club is the centre of the universe and people everywhere care and and have an opinion. We are hardly a blip on their radar.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:' It really does worry me '

I am not taking the mick here, but in the soccer world for the last 2 years, our club has looked like a circus/joe,that is the truth and any one with good credentials will look at us and have big doubts.

Plenty of good managers around, but top jobs don't come around that often. If half the clubs in the top two divisions were looking for managers right now, that would only mean just over 20 jobs on the market. There are quite a few good blokes out there with a good record in football who are unemployed at this minute.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:34 am

It worries me very much Annis. Cardiff City is being run like a Circus, with clowns running around with there Arses on fire.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:35 am

I think they want an attacking minded manager. That´s maybe why Pulis is not being asked.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:44 am

Maybe Tan has seen Pulis fall out with his previous chairman, and wants more of a 'yes man' rather than someone who is going to challenge his own authority and decisions

Its a tough one to call

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:45 am

It's interesting to think that we want to go for hungry ambitious young managers with potential but look where that got us last season. We need an experienced manager to get us out of this division it is so obvious. I have a nasty feeling that we are going to mess it up again and make the wrong appointment. It's obvious Pulis has all the credentials and is available but typical of the way our club is being run we'll take a gamble with someone who doesn't know this league and end up having blown a golden opportunity .

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:46 am

Attack minded?? Like Ole? Did anyone notice palace fly off the bottom of the table last year to mid table? Did they do that by defending and not attacking then??? Ffs

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:48 am

With hindsight VT wasn't wrong on MM or IM, so he has recuperated some credit points there.
As for Ole, most people saw him as a good appointment in the football world, so that wasn't too negative.
Many agreed it was time for Ole to go, so VT can't be blamed for this, quite the opposite in fact.

The two big mistakes have been:
- alienating his customers (the supporters) by the ridiculous change to Red
- not getting in Pulis last time around.

This time we just need someone to get us up. Ironically, I think Warnock could have done it with this squad. When we get up, maybe another sort of manager is needed. Getting up is the only priority at the moment. No point in looking for a long term appointment, just "Manage the Basics".

Look at Fulham, on paper FM was a stronger manager than OGS, not many would have anticipated their demise. The reality is appointing a manager is a gamble, therefore better to appoint one with experience of success at the level we are at.

What VT should admit is that he doesn't know what he is doing, just like the Blackburn owners and Fulham owners. He should immediately announce return to blue for next season to appease the fans, and unite the club for a new manager,

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:49 am

Annis we both know and others who haven't got their CCFC blinkers on that the club isn't as attractive as it was 12/24 months ago and the possibility of a proven manager at the highest level coming here is remote to say then least

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:50 am

If Ole does go today for me it will be goodbye to an honourable man and I wish him well, unfortunately the job was too much for him but we shouldnt slag him off for trying and falling short. The problem now is we need a proven manager, not a step backwards (Dave Jones) or another young hopeful (Paul Hartley). In my opinion playing style is secondary we need someone who can motivate the squad and get them playing without fear, the rest will hopefully follow. Pulis is that man but Im sure if he waits a botton half premiership team will come calling. Heres hoping his Welsh roots will have some bearing.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:50 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:It worries me very much Annis. Cardiff City is being run like a Circus, with clowns running around with there Arses on fire.

Don't get your comment. Thought everyone wanted Ole out, and it appears that is about to happen. They can hardly announce that they are about to appoint a new manager until they officially announce that OGS has left. Everything has to be done in a logical order, and they need to prepare statements, agree compensation, discuss terms with any potential new manager before they can announce it to us. It seems like a circus because there are so many of us on here speculating, arguing and guessing what is about to happen.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:55 am

Maybe they will, or want!! but seems like Tan rang Dundee only for there boss to turn us down, and get the football world laughing at us again :thumbup: Sure there are very good mangers that would love to come, 36000 ground and a huge buget for this league and a good squad already. TAN should check his in box emails, before calling around the lower leagues :bluescarf:

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 pm

droyal wrote:

Maybe they will, or want!! but seems like Tan rang Dundee only for there boss to turn us down, and get the football world laughing at us again :thumbup: Sure there are very good mangers that would love to come, 36000 ground and a huge buget for this league and a good squad already. TAN should check his in box emails, before calling around the lower leagues :bluescarf:

Yeh, I bet Tan got on the blower to Dundee as well. :lol:

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:03 pm

plenty of top managers would want to manage CCFC. good wages on offer, top players, and ambition.

we will get a good manager in :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:41 pm

who else would get a 25 million budget to provethemselves in the championship simple answer really

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:45 pm

ole probably on the blower to pulis now going dont do it :laughing6:

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:02 pm

markeMark wrote:
droyal wrote:

Yeh, I bet Tan got on the blower to Dundee as well. :lol:

:D Remember Tan is Cardiff, may not of rang him self, but would have made the decision to approach Hartley

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:03 pm

cityone wrote:

Annis, most managers would jump at the chance to manage our club, under tan they have all been very well financially backed by him, the rest of the "circus" as you put it will not involve the manager.

And a great opportunity to show their own worth to a 'watching' media :thumbup:

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:14 pm

goats wrote:Attack minded?? Like Ole? Did anyone notice palace fly off the bottom of the table last year to mid table? Did they do that by defending and not attacking then??? Ffs

Palace is underdogs in the PL. Cardiff should not be in the CS. Barcelona is attack minded. See, one example does not prove a general trend.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:14 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:Maybe Tan has seen Pulis fall out with his previous chairman, and wants more of a 'yes man' rather than someone who is going to challenge his own authority and decisions

Its a tough one to call

Could be a point, absolutely.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:51 pm

cityone wrote:

Not many top Managers will work for a crackpot like tan.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:52 pm

markeMark wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:It worries me very much Annis. Cardiff City is being run like a Circus, with clowns running around with there Arses on fire.

Don't get your comment. Thought everyone wanted Ole out, and it appears that is about to happen. They can hardly announce that they are about to appoint a new manager until they officially announce that OGS has left. Everything has to be done in a logical order, and they need to prepare statements, agree compensation, discuss terms with any potential new manager before they can announce it to us. It seems like a circus because there are so many of us on here speculating, arguing and guessing what is about to happen.

I understand that, but the relevant point of my sarcasm was the fact that given all the board of directors, football management, & executive management at our club, we seem to be going further & further backwards. Now with the news that Vincent Tan himself is going to appoint the next manager personally, & the couple of name in the frame (Dave Jones, Kevin Cooper), i really don't know whether to laugh or cry.