Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CCFC Last Nights Meeting '

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:14 pm

' CCFC Last Nights Meeting '

I was invited along to meet Russell Slade at about 4pm yesterday, but unfortunately I could not make it due to prior arrangements.

Slade met with five fans and later was joined by Scott Young.
Slade still intends to have a fans forum at a later date.

The ones I have spoken to so far, say they were impressed with Slade and how his experience shone through :thumbright:
What they did say was Slade will need time and he must be given this.

Apparently our Scouts had not had any meetings or even letters from our club in the last 7 years :shock: That has already now been sorted and Slade has had a meeting with them all :thumbright:

Once again our fitness level was brought up again by Slade, saying how bad it was and we are now past 50% off achieving everything he wants on that front.

Slade has set a new business plan in place with Tan.

Slade has been told to cut the playing staff by at least 12 players, Slade wants no more than 24 players in his squad.

Russel Slade is very much in to his stats & figures and he says we were bottom of the Championship in all categories when he arrived.

It was said that the club had virtually gone 4 years backwards under Ole :shock: If thats true then Dalman and Tan have to take the blame for that as well.

Russell Slade 100% was brought in by Tan and Ole apparently was 100% Dalmans' signing.

Mat Daehli was brought up and Slade thought that our fans were 50/50 about him staying.

Slade is bringing in new players in January, the type he feels are right for his team.

Over all the group of fans were impressed by Slades honesty and realise Slade has a tough task ahead. :thumbright:

Re: ' Last Nights Meeting '

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Apparently our Scouts had not had any meetings or even letters from our club in the last 7 years :shock: That has already now been sorted and Slade has had a meeting with them all :thumbright:

That is insane.

It is ridiculous some of our fans have come to conclusions about him already. What has it been 6 games?. We've played better football under him than I saw in 9 months under Ole.

Re: ' CCFC Last Nights Meeting '

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' CCFC Last Nights Meeting '

I was invited along to meet Russell Slade at about 4pm yesterday, but unfortunately I could not make it due to prior arrangements.

The ones I have spoken to so far, say they were impressed with Slade and how his experience shone through :thumbright:

Once again our fitness level was brought up again by Slade, saying how bad it was and we are now past 50% off achieving everything he wants on that front.

Slade has been told to cut the playing staff by at least 12 players, Slade wants no more than 24 players in his squad.

Russel Slade is very much in to his stats & figures and he says we were bottom of the Championship in all categories when he arrived.

It was said that the club had virtually gone 4 years backwards under Ole :shock: If thats true then Dalman and Tan have to take the blame for that as well.

Russell Slade 100% was brought in by Tan and Ole apparently was 100% Dalmans' signing.

Mat Daehli was brought up and Slade thought that our fans were 50/50 about him staying.

Slade is bringing in new players in January, the type he feels are right for his team.

Over all the group of fans were impressed by Slades honesty and realise Slade has a tough task ahead. :thumbright:

fancy not turning up annis ,tut tut

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:33 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Wez, I had arranged to take 2 of my daughters somewhere, for me that is a much bigger pririoty in life than Cardiff City, might not be for you. But family comes first for me every time :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Did he conduct his own survey? On WOL 80-90% wants him to stay. Imo its shitty how he talks about such a young lad in public. He is 19 ffs and Slade can't stop talking crap about him.
Last edited by LonCar on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez, I had arranged to take 2 of my daughters somewhere, for me that is a much bigger pririoty in life than Cardiff City, might not be for you. But family comes first for me every time :thumbright: :thumbright:

should if taken them along lol

Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

As bad as Tan :o ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Family must always come first ..

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:59 pm

I am happy with Russell slade apart from the way he picks his bench on occasions

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:07 pm

scooby1973 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Family must always come first ..

THANK YOU :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:03 pm

Slade must be given time to do his thing.

He has earned it unlike Ole. There has been an improvement is some departments where under Ole it was all backwards. He has managed to get something going forward a little and deserves until Christmas to push a bit more forward. Once again January is going to be massive.

I'm expecting a young hungry type of players to come in and not the prima donnas we have had to suffer with. Of course there is that risk we might struggle because of a lack of experience and quality but just how much of that do you need in this league to get out of it?

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Slade must be given time to do his thing.

He has earned it unlike Ole. There has been an improvement is some departments where under Ole it was all backwards. He has managed to get something going forward a little and deserves until Christmas to push a bit more forward. Once again January is going to be massive.

I'm expecting a young hungry type of players to come in and not the prima donnas we have had to suffer with. Of course there is that risk we might struggle because of a lack of experience and quality but just how much of that do you need in this league to get out of it?

Ian, I have to admit, I dont want any more prima donnas, I want hungry/tough/skilful players in :thumbright:

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:44 pm

He reminds me of a second hand car salesman

Russel Slade is very much in to his stats & figures and he says we were bottom of the Championship in all categories when he arrived

League table says otherwise. Stats can prove anything but he seems to be missing the biggest stay, the league table

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:53 pm

funny when you see the recorded interview after a journalist and forum cut & paste experts go after it.

He is intelligent and experienced, people are people and thats his job. He can barely affect a game as much as a majority of fans believe. Pick in form players, set them up in a formation ,play to a philosophy. If we have better players, playing in the best system for the team, we should win.

Just watched the interview and he has met Matts agent but in all non hysteria they were probably talking about finding Eikrem and burgstaller clubs at christmas. But the drama queens on here want us to believe he can't see Matts talent... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:59 pm

llan bluebird wrote:funny when you see the recorded interview after a journalist and forum cut & paste experts go after it.

He is intelligent and experienced, people are people and thats his job. He can barely affect a game as much as a majority of fans believe. Pick in form players, set them up in a formation ,play to a philosophy. If we have better players, playing in the best system for the team, we should win.

Just watched the interview and he has met Matts agent but in all non hysteria they were probably talking about finding Eikrem and burgstaller clubs at christmas. But the drama queens on here want us to believe he can't see Matts talent... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well he thinks 3 CBs on a bench is a good idea so hard to take anything he says seriously.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Why has he earned it and OGS hadn't? They managed at the same level up until Cardiff. League 1 and 2 is probably the same level as the norwegian league. Slade has been managing for longer because he was never a player but on the other hand OGS found instant success and won a lot of trophies. Imo they are more or less on the same level, but with widely different ideas about football.
Who are the prima donnas currently in our team if you don't mind me asking?

Re: ' Last Nights Meeting '

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:41 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:Apparently our Scouts had not had any meetings or even letters from our club in the last 7 years :shock: That has already now been sorted and Slade has had a meeting with them all :thumbright:

That is insane.

It is ridiculous some of our fans have come to conclusions about him already. What has it been 6 games?. We've played better football under him than I saw in 9 months under Ole.

Some people want him to fail that's why. They moan and complain like they want him and young to fall flat on their faces so they can turn around and say I told you so and then moan about something else

Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:47 am

I agree. The jury is obviously still out on Slade but he must be given time IMO.
I'm not convinced by him but he must have at least the full season.