Fabio
Adeyemi
Daehli
Ravel
Jones

' Cardiff City 2 Reading 1 ' :thumbright:

Crowd 20,643 but looked like 15,000. :shock:

Approx 800 Reading Fans

City beat a very poor 10 man Reading tonight,but I will take a win any day over a classy game,which could end with a defeat for us.
I honestly felt Reading were so poor,that we should of put the game beyond doubt and beaten them 4 nil, it nearly backfired on us in the closing stages of the second half.

The atmosphere was terrible tonight and you had to be there to realise how bad it really was,including a dour game.
Yet Slade has now 4 home wins in a row and you can not slate or fault that,even I cant :lol: You cant ask for more than 12pts from 12pts :thumbright: :thumbright:

I felt the first 20 odd minutes were evens and virtually in the 27th minute just as us fans were about to do :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: Reading scored an own goal :thumbright: and the :bluescarf: :bluescarf: went up all around the stadium with" We will always be Blue " :thumbright:

Reading had been no real threat to City and Reading were as poor as I thought they would be and should of been finished off.
In the 41st minute the Ref for me made a terrible decision and should of sent off Readings Williams for the incident with Pilkinghton, instead he booked both. :shock:

On the 45th minute City's Le Fondre went down and Readings Alex Pearce was sent off and Peter Whittingham took the penalty to slot the ball in, 2 nil City :thumbright: :thumbright:

2-0 City half time :thumbright:

I felt Craig Noone, Pilkinghton and Le Fondre stood out for me so far, with Macheda looking ragged.

In the 64th minute I was just about to say how boring the game had gone, when Gunnarson put a hell of a ball in for and Brayford put it just past the post.

Mat Daehli came on for Craig Noone, I was happy that Daehli was on, but Noone off? ? We started to play with Reading and just passed the ball,but nothing in front of goal.

Fabio came on in the 74th minute.

Reading scored in the 80th minute, the ball going through Marshalls legs.

88th minute Kenwyne Jones came on.

Our team for me started to panic against 10 men Reading,but thank fully we held out and won 2-1 :thumbright: :thumbright:

For me the second half was awful over all, but we got the points, thats what matters most :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

For me Macheda is not performing :shock:

Craig Noone,Man of the match for me, he was every where :thumbright: :thumbright:

But if we play like that at Watford, I fear for us.

I do feel there is a lot of work to be done with the team

We got the 3pts and are climbing the table :thumbright:

Up next a tough match away at Watford :thumbright:

Re: ' A DRAB GAME,BUT A WIN IS A WIN,YET A LIFELESS STADIUM

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:51 pm

Cold wet and miserable, the game reflected the day and the weather. I always say it takes a good team to win when playing badly, so we must be really good to win with that performance! :ayatollah:

Let's happily accept the 3 points and move on.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Awfull game Annis, Macheda is absolute dog shit. The best part of the game was when the ref could'nt find his red card and had to borrow one off the Linesman... :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Said it before our home form is going to keep us in touch, still sure we will improve! 3 points is 3 points!

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:56 pm

It wasn't a great performance, but always good to win. I think we deserved it, but it should have been a lot simpler.

Can't fault Slade's home results, but we need the same on the road now.

Tough game next week, will show if we've improved much over the international break.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:56 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Cold wet and miserable, the game reflected the day and the weather. I always say it takes a good team to win when playing badly, so we must be really good to win with that performance! :ayatollah:

True, terrible weather for both sides,Reading awful, City just a bit better, but we won :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:57 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:Awfull game Annis, Macheda is absolute dog shit. The best part of the game was when the ref could'nt find his red card and had to borrow one off the Linesman... :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Terrible game and Macheda very worrying.

The Ref on that occasion :lol: :thumbright:

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:57 pm

That result only papers over the cracks. City were crap and slade was as bad in his approach in the second half. We are in a right mess on and off the pitch. Fear nowhere for a while .

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Said it before our home form is going to keep us in touch, still sure we will improve! 3 points is 3 points!

Home wins are very very important and 4 in a row, I should not complain :thumbright: But game awful.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Win is a win but dull game, 20,000 more like 17000 tops. where are all of these really poor refs comimg from ?

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:02 pm

I think your being very kind with that write up Annis, the game was absolute shite.
Yes we got 3 points but there was nothing tonight about the football to encourage me in any way.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:06 pm

beames lee wrote:That result only papers over the cracks. City were crap and slade was as bad in his approach in the second half. We are in a right mess on and off the pitch. Fear nowhere for a while .

I think there is a lot of work to be done Lee and the second half worried me.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:07 pm

bluespeers wrote:Win is a win but dull game, 20,000 more like 17000 tops. where are all of these really poor refs comimg from ?

Thats what I said a win is a win, but an awful game.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:08 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I think your being very kind with that write up Annis, the game was absolute shite.
Yes we got 3 points but there was nothing tonight about the football to encourage me in any way.

I couldn't agree more! Boring and lifeless in the end hence Reading sneaking a goal

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:08 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I think your being very kind with that write up Annis, the game was absolute shite.

Thank you :thumbright:

I was trying to be a bit positive, as we did get 3pts :thumbright: but I am worried after that performance, it was awful against a very poor Reading side.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:17 pm

I think we are at that period in the season where results mean more than the performance i thought we played okay but we were wasteful in our chances but at least we are making chances and i thought we were comfortable until Daehli and Fabio came on but i'm happy as you say 3 pts is 3 pts. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Pilkington, Noone,Mecheda and Le Fondre all four of them are a waste of space, our two widemen never beat a man between them all night and as for our two strikers they have no pace, both unfit and couldn't hit a cow in the arse with a banjo.
Let's hope we can hang in there till January when slade can inject pace and width.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:28 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I think we are at that period in the season where results mean more than the performance i thought we played okay but we were wasteful in our chances but at least we are making chances and i thought we were comfortable until Daehli and Fabio came on but i'm happy as you say 3 pts is 3 pts. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I thought we were very wasteful and should of punished Reading by 4 goals at least,but a win is a win :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Pilkington, Noone,Mecheda and Le Fondre all four of them are a waste of space, our two widemen never beat a man between them all night and as for our two strikers they have no pace, both unfit and couldn't hit a cow in the arse with a banjo.
Let's hope we can hang in there till January when slade can inject pace and width.

Macheda Awful so far.

Craig Noone and Pilkington improved tonight :thumbright:

Le Fondre will come good :thumbright:

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:39 pm

Macheda is terrible. Not sure why he is such a fave of slade. His link up is non existent.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:47 pm

LonCar wrote:Macheda is terrible. Not sure why he is such a fave of slade. His link up is non existent.

Over all Macheda has been terrible this season for us.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:48 pm

We didn't score ANY goals in open play. That is a worry in itself.

Reading pinched one. Another worry.

We couldn't beat a 10 man team. Hmm.

Sub at end was to run clock down rather than provide a tactical shuffle.

3 points are brilliant but we only just deserved them.

C'mon Bluebirds!! :bluescarf:

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:50 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:We didn't score ANY goals in open play. That is a worry in itself.

Reading pinched one. Another worry.

We couldn't beat a 10 man team. Hmm.

Sub at end was to run clock down rather than provide a tactical shuffle.

3 points are brilliant but we only just deserved them.

C'mon Bluebirds!! :bluescarf:

Summed it up well :thumbright:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:56 am

CHRIS PIKE wrote:Awfull game Annis, Macheda is absolute dog shit. The best part of the game was when the ref could'nt find his red card and had to borrow one off the Linesman... :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Cold wet and miserable, the game reflected the day and the weather. I always say it takes a good team to win when playing badly, so we must be really good to win with that performance! :ayatollah:

True, terrible weather for both sides,Reading awful, City just a bit better, but we won :thumbright: :thumbright:

But the important thing annis on a shit night like last night we where there

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis mâcheda does nothing for us

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:21 am

cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But the important thing annis on a shit night like last night we where there

Very true Martin :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:22 am

cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis mâcheda does nothing for us

Martin, the more I watch Macheda the more I believe he is costing us, I would drop him.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:34 am

Very poor game, Noone was never MOM he had a very very poor game. Few times we were in on goal 3 on 1 and noone would shoot when all he had to do is square it and we were in on goal, lost the balls lots of times.
MOM for me was Whittingham, i felt he had the best game out of a bad bunch. Spraying the ball where and whenever he wanted.

As for Macheda, Gets alot of stick but for my ALF needs to be dropped. Machedea is getting himself in the right players in and around the box. Although he doesn't offer much else where, this is why he has scored more goals than ALF. And also explains why everwhere else in his career he has been used as a bench player, which i think helps him.

Both strikers are lacking confidence, But id rather Macheda play just because he can score. Then maybe swap him on the hour for ALF.

Also when Mason is back, both of the above would be benched for me

:ayatollah:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:37 am

bluebird7291 wrote:Very poor game, Noone was never MOM he had a very very poor game. Few times we were in on goal 3 on 1 and noone would shoot when all he had to do is square it and we were in on goal, lost the balls lots of times.
MOM for me was Whittingham, i felt he had the best game out of a bad bunch. Spraying the ball where and whenever he wanted.

As for Macheda, Gets alot of stick but for my ALF needs to be dropped. Machedea is getting himself in the right players in and around the box. Although he doesn't offer much else where, this is why he has scored more goals than ALF. And also explains why everwhere else in his career he has been used as a bench player, which i think helps him.

Both strikers are lacking confidence, But id rather Macheda play just because he can score. Then maybe swap him on the hour for ALF.

:ayatollah:

I thought Noone was every where last night, thats what good about opinions :thumbright: I do admit lately Noone has been poor.

Totally disagree with you on Macheda, yes he is in the right positions but he has cost us time and time again goals, one on one so far, he has failed badly.

Whittingham he did ok.

Yes awful game, but thankfully 3 pts :thumbright: