Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Its looking good for us "

Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:57 pm

After last nights 5th Consecutive home Win and 4 under Russel Slade at home.

Most teams above us drew today and Watford loosing at home shows they can be beaten :thumbright:

City should now be looking to get that vital away win next Saturday :thumbright: at first I thought a draw would ok, but we should be looking for 3pts if we want to challenge and Watford have faded.

The Championship is weak this season and wide open and I still believe without a doubt we do have the strongest squad in the Championship, we should be aiming for at least 2nd place :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Watford here We come :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

9 tickets & spaces left
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150235 :thumbright: :thumbright:

Championship Table Updated
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145418 :thumbright:

Cardiff City's Crowds Updated
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright:

Latest News Updated
link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/ :thumbright: :thumbright:

Re: " Its looking good for us "

Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Very positive annis, have we swapped roles :lol:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Very positive annis, have we swapped roles :lol:

:lol:
Luke, just had a family day, Cinema & meal and I was thinking, we are winning our home games, no matter how bad we have been playing, Slade has got the best squad in the Championship, plenty,plenty of time for him/us to challenge,Championship wide open, when injuries come, Slade has more back up in his squad, than any other club. There is No real pressure on him from us, as most of us expect him to fail :lol: Tan has appointed him, so I believe he has time, Slade has nothing to loose as he was being sacked from Orient anyway.
So now all he has to do is keep winning at home,win a couple away and some draws and we cant fail :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm

I'm hoping its a bit like when Newcastle and West Brom got promoted a few years ago. They just about reached the top at Christmas and then forged away afterwards from the rest of the division. They, too, had the best squads in the division that year.
:ayatollah:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Annis I hope so, I really took to Slade when he joined but to many strange decisions for me. Let's hope he isn't to stubborn and gives people a chance.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Luke, just had a family day, Cinema & meal and I was thinking, we are winning our home games, no matter how bad we have been playing, Slade has got the best squad in the Championship, plenty,plenty of time for him/us to challenge,Championship wide open, when injuries come, Slade has more back up in his squad, than any other club. There is No real pressure on him from us, as most of us expect him to fail :lol: Tan has appointed him, so I believe he has time, Slade has nothing to loose as he was being sacked from Orient anyway.
So now all he has to do is keep winning at home,win a couple away and some draws and we cant fail :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Yes winning home games Annis but not looking convincing, hanging on against Reading who had only 10 men.
I would dispute us having the best squad in the Championship, plus we're gonna be unloading maybe 10 of that squad and 3 or 4 of them are very talented but greatly under used by Slade.
If we get injuries we won't have more back up than any other club with the 10 players we'll have waved goodbye to.
Nice to hear your very positive but I'm afraid I don't share your optimism, I'm not convinced about Slade or his tactics and even less convinced about Scott Young as his assistant, I believe he's the one whose outcast Guerra.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:23 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I'm hoping its a bit like when Newcastle and West Brom got promoted a few years ago. They just about reached the top at Christmas and then forged away afterwards from the rest of the division. They, too, had the best squads in the division that year.
:ayatollah:

It can happen and should happen :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Annis I hope so, I really took to Slade when he joined but to many strange decisions for me. Let's hope he isn't to stubborn and gives people a chance.

Luke, Jury is still out for me on Slade, about another 4 games and I will give my full opinion on him :thumbright:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:29 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes winning home games Annis but not looking convincing, hanging on against Reading who had only 10 men.
I would dispute us having the best squad in the Championship, plus we're gonna be unloading maybe 10 of that squad and 3 or 4 of them are very talented but greatly under used by Slade.
If we get injuries we won't have more back up than any other club with the 10 players we'll have waved goodbye to.
Nice to hear your very positive but I'm afraid I don't share your optimism, I'm not convinced about Slade or his tactics and even less convinced about Scott Young as his assistant, I believe he's the one whose outcast Guerra.

I'm trying to be positive, because he has managed 12pts from 12pts from our home games. I am very very sceptical of him and I still believe he needs better coaches with him at least.
Apparently as soon as he can get rid of at least 4 players, Slade is allowed 4 more. He does intend to get rid of 12 players, but I dont see that happening as other clubs could not afford their wages. That does not mean we will get 12 players in :lol:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:40 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I tend to agree, although I think it´s too easy to conclude on the Slade/Young partnership. But at the moment, our squad doesn not look quite as strong as everybody believed before the season started. Some of the players who was supposed to lift our squad above the rest, are either injured, not fully recovered, or they are totally out of form. Funny enough, our main problem seems to be the forwards. Mason is coming back, but he has been benched lately, and today he was not even in the squad. I don´t expect him to make much of a difference. But things can chance. Players not being at their best now, can find form soon enough.
Last edited by Dve on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'm trying to be positive, because he has managed 12pts from 12pts from our home games. I am very very sceptical of him and I still believe he needs better coaches with him at least.
Apparently as soon as he can get rid of at least 4 players, Slade is allowed 4 more. He does intend to get rid of 12 players, but I dont see that happening as other clubs could not afford their wages. That does not mean we will get 12 players in :lol:

Obviously you and I both would want the same outcome this season..that being a winning Cardiff City and the team pushing for promotion. I would be over the moon if Slade was a success and we as a club saw the benefit of his leadership, it's just a shame he inherited a bit of a shambles but I feel we've gone down the bargain aisle with his and Scott's appointments but obviously only time will tell. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:25 pm

Dve wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I tend to agree, although I think it´s too easy to conclude on the Slade/Young partnership. But at the moment, our squad doesn not look quite as strong as everybody believed before the season started. Some of the players who was supposed to lift our squad above the rest, are either injured, not fully recovered, or they are totally out of form. Funny enough, our main problem seems to be the forwards. Mason is coming back, but he has been benched lately, and today he was not even in the squad. I don´t expect him to make much of a difference. But things can chance. Players not being at their best now, can find form soon enough.

I honestly do believe their is an abundance of talent amongst the 36 players, needed a couple of Malky's Trojans and a leader.
Macheda letting us down, but we have other strikers,Le Fondre will come good, and Mason returning can only help :thumbright: :thumbright:

We need better Coaches to back Slade up.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:38 pm

At last some positivity and optimism on here, if we can break the away day hoodoo it will give us massive self belief! I do think our extra quality of squad players will show come January and lets not forget the season we went up we did not have an out and out goal scorer! Le fondre will hit form! I hope in typical ccfc fashion we break the hoodoo at vicarage rd

Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:08 pm

On what basis do we have the best squad in the championship :shock:

We certainly don't have the best strikers, central midfielders or wingers. Shipping loads out in January because they haven't performed or showed the fight to do so. I think you confuse biggest with the best.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:36 pm

We don't know how food the squad is, Slade only looks at his 18 players.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:58 pm

We won playing bad, you can't play well every game. We are very good at home, think we'd be 2nd in the league if it was just based on home games.

Much improvement needed away, as we have 0 wins. But if that turns around, we'll be up there.

I'm not one to think positively, but sick of all the doom and gloom on here after last night. We won FCS, people would be chuffed if that was a 2-1 win under Malky!

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:12 pm

suerly to god the shit , boring football we are playing will take us up, when we went up last time i felt that we had a squad that could do it. we are a bottom to mid table team

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:38 am

Weird how a win with reservations can become a hugely important result in 24 hours!

Looks like 3 points IS all that matters.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:

If we're winning and playing this bad it's always a good thing. I think I spent the season when we went up waiting for a few classy performances but they didn't come and we just ground it out!

Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:08 am

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

If we're winning and playing this bad it's always a good thing. I think I spent the season when we went up waiting for a few classy performances but they didn't come and we just ground it out!

There is a saying,about winning when your playing bad, that its a sign of a good team. Lets hope so :thumbright:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:09 am

Surely a good few of the clubs around the top currently will start to suffer from injuries too, with the size of our squad we shouldn't find this a problem. It's the sort of issue we always had under Dave Jones when we would start on fire and then fade as the injuries mounted up. This league is wide open. Even with playing averagely we are only 2 wins off an auto spot which is unbelievable. If we hit proper form we'd fly up.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:13 am

goats wrote:Surely a good few of the clubs around the top currently will start to suffer from injuries too, with the size of our squad we shouldn't find this a problem. It's the sort of issue we always had under Dave Jones when we would start on fire and then fade as the injuries mounted up. This league is wide open. Even with playing averagely we are only 2 wins off an auto spot which is unbelievable. If we hit proper form we'd fly up.

Injuries to any of our players at this time shouldn't be a problem but when Slade trims the squad in January, I really hope we don't find that we get injuries to key players and then don't have the quality in depth to replace them with.

I agree that the squad is too big but I hope that we don't trim it so much that we lose our quality in depth.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:44 pm

goats wrote:Surely a good few of the clubs around the top currently will start to suffer from injuries too, with the size of our squad we shouldn't find this a problem. It's the sort of issue we always had under Dave Jones when we would start on fire and then fade as the injuries mounted up. This league is wide open. Even with playing averagely we are only 2 wins off an auto spot which is unbelievable. If we hit proper form we'd fly up.

Goats, When injuries and suspensions hit other Clubs, thats when City's squad will come in use big time :thumbright: