Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' WHO WILL BUY OR PAY FOR THEM? ? ? "

Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:26 am

' WHO WILL BUY OR PAY FOR THEM? ? ? "

Its easy to say yes, lets off load 12 Cardiff City players this January. But who is going to afford to buy them or even pay their wages? Many are on £35,000 min basic wages and even the lower wage players are on £5,000- £10,000 basic wages.
Then the other other clubs if they are buying them, have to pay signing on fees.

We know we have well over paid,this is not a blame who for this, this is now about how we clear out players at a minimum loss to our club.

So does this mean, we pay them off and take more losses?

Do we just loan them out and pay some of their wages?

Will it be hard to sell them?

Slade will be bringing in at least 4 players on a lot less wages,but he has to get rid of 4 players first, that should be ok,but I cant see us getting rid of 12 players that easy on their wages.

Can you?

Are these 12 players the ones that Russell Slade will look to sell or loan out in January ?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

Re: ' WHO WILL BUY OR PAY FOR THEM? ? ? "

Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:' WHO WILL BUY OR PAY FOR THEM? ? ? "

Its easy to say yes, lets off load 12 Cardiff City players this January. But who is going to afford to buy them or even pay their wages? Many are on £35,000 min basic wages and even the lower wage players are on £5,000- £10,000 basic wages.
Then the other other clubs if they are buying them, have to pay signing on fees.

We know we have well over paid,this is not a blame who for this, this is now about how we clear out players at a minimum loss to our club.

Slade will be bringing in at least 4 players on a lot less wages,but he has to get rid of 4 players first, that should be ok,but I cant see us getting rid of 12 players that easy on their wages.

Can you?

Are these 12 players the ones that Russell Slade will look to sell or loan out in January ?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

Cala and Guerra will easily get another club in Spain.

Didn't he say Dikgchoi was part of his plans?

The rest are good players but if wages are high will struggle to find someone.

Declan John and Kadeem Harris on loan.

I can't believe Dhaeli is on that list, shocking decision to let him go

Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:42 am

That team could get in the playoffs!

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:05 am

Einstein wrote:That team could get in the playoffs!

On paper we have the best squad in the league by a mile.

Ole bought some great players but the problem was that he bought too many players, and thought the only way to handle this situation he created was to rotate them, which clearly didn't work. Slade has done a good job so far at identifying who's going to be in our first team for the long run and home results have shown that, he just needs to improve our away form and get us playing some decent football.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:21 am

Can you?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

You quite right Annis, in that we will struggle to off load these players.
But an important point which I believe has been not considered is that Slade as never found himself in a situation like this previously.. He's barely had a team let alone a squad of this size. I'm a little surprised that he's not wanted to give these players more game time.
Anyway going back to your point.. I can see the club taking further losses.
The Ole selection gets worse by the day.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:49 am

Can you?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

A good post and very true, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and take a hit to be able to move forward. I would say it has to be worked through and will be a combination of different situations with each player but ultimately a cleaner slate has to be achieved. You have to remember while some are on high wages, we paid small or no fees for done players and if we can get a fee for them it can be off set against possibly paying contracts up. Daehli should stay at all costs from a footballing perspective and a business perspective as hrs potentially a very valuable asset.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:17 am

Our club is knackered financially. Grave consequences if we don't get promotion this season.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:36 am

KBK-13 wrote:

Can you?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

I'd rather see Declan stay and play him on the left than Dæhli. Dæhli has had more opportunity to impress than the average 19 year old, and all I've seen him do is run around in circles more than McPhail used to!

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:11 pm

KBK-13 wrote:

Can you?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

There hasn't been a decision to let him go? He's said he's part of his plans and that a bid would have to be very high, which won't happen. The papers have just manipulated slades words massively

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:57 pm

The only player I se us having remotely problems moving on is Dikgacoi. They will have to be priced to move on of course, but other than that they are all prospects within their price range. 100% Daehli will move in January, and I don't think that list covers the players who will move. Fabio, Jones, Macheda, Maynard are all players I think will leave. I don't think Connolly will want to be a squad player anymore either. It's a bigger worry if Slade is able to replace them with quality.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:36 pm

Big question is who are the 4 coming in on low WAges. We are not competing now for top spot. Will these 4 help us get there. Worrying times ahead

Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:15 pm

ravel Morrison is not our player so wont cost anything to get rid off
annis (grumpy guts ) you are a scare monger aren't you
why don't you tell us what each of those players on your list are actually earning
don't think many of them are on £35k a week
I also think you don't know what any of them are earning actually
some of your statements would not be out of place on cbbc play school sounds about right
you will have us singing the wheels on the bus go round and round on our next away game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:22 pm

Only one of those players listed as far as we know has knocked on the managers door and asked play me or move me on, the rest appear to quite happy to line their pension pots until their contracts are up....
There appears to be no accountability up top, someone signed off all those contracts....

Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:46 pm

You only have to loan them out for enough money to cover the wages of whoever you bring in. Or you subsidise their wages when they move to other clubs on a permanent basis. At least that way the club cuts its costs.

If players don't make the effort to move to other clubs in order to stay for the wages, then they risk not being able to find a new club and contract when their current deal expires.

This happens all the time to many clubs. Nothing to worry about at all!

Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:40 pm

The club must be losing so much money on unused players.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Fair play to Ole , he didn't half sign some shite , totally clueless !!

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:18 pm

KBK-13 wrote:

Can you?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

I agree Cala and Guerra will be wanted as they are quality,but the Spanish clubs wont want to pay their new nigh wages?

Declan John and Kadeem Harris, I agree prob out on loan. But I reckon both are good enough for the Championship.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Einstein wrote:That team could get in the playoffs!

Def some quality players amongst that lot :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Dicey wrote:

Can you?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

But an important point which I believe has been not considered is that Slade as never found himself in a situation like this previously.. He's barely had a team let alone a squad of this size. I'm a little surprised that he's not wanted to give these players more game time.

We will def struggle to off load all of these players.

Your right Slade is in a new football world,but I believe Slade is also being told to off load many of these players,not just his decision.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Stringfellow wrote:

Can you?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

A good post and very true, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and take a hit to be able to move forward. I would say it has to be worked through and will be a combination of different situations with each player but ultimately a cleaner slate has to be achieved. You have to remember while some are on high wages, we paid small or no fees for done players and if we can get a fee for them it can be off set against possibly paying contracts up. Daehli should stay at all costs from a footballing perspective and a business perspective as hrs potentially a very valuable asset.

Good post as well, a lot of truth in that,but remember,we might not have paid that much for some of them, they all had over the top signing on fees to persuade them to come. Many fees were kept away from the press for some unknown reason?

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Juan Cala _ don't think will be a problem (spain)
Javi Guerra - No problem (Spain)
Mats Moller Daehli - No Problem

Guido Burgstaller - Dependant on wages prob go home
Magnus Wolff Eikrem - Dependant on wages prob go home
Jo Inge Berget - Dependant on wages prob go home

Kagisho Dikcagoi I think he will be used when fit

Kim Bo-Kyung - Problem
Etien Velikonja - Problem

Declan John - I assume low wages
Kadeem Harris - I assume low wages
Ravel Morrison - No problem - Loan

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:56 pm

nubbsy wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:

Can you?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

There hasn't been a decision to let him go? He's said he's part of his plans and that a bid would have to be very high, which won't happen. The papers have just manipulated slades words massively

Slade said yesterday that Matts is part of his group going forward. I think its more a question wether Matts wants to sit on the bench and get his 20-30 minutes of football here and there.
Also think the same applies to Fabio, he won't want to sit on the bench for the rest of the season.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:32 am

MalagaCF wrote:Our club is knackered financially. Grave consequences if we don't get promotion this season.

Agree .

Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:57 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Our club is knackered financially. Grave consequences if we don't get promotion this season.

Agree .

Very grave consequences, I dont think many fans realise this.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:57 pm

We need a better midfielder than Adeyemi, Gunner and the fat bloke, some like Mutch.....

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Can you?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

Some good players there, should sell a lot of them not problem at all. I hope they don't go to Championship teams some would come back and haunt us.....

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dicey wrote:

Can you?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

Your right Slade is in a new football world,but I believe Slade is also being told to off load many of these players,not just his decision.

I think it's his decision, he's a simple no frills lower league type Manager, he knows what he wants.
I agree with further above we will shift most very easily, but will he be able to get what we need instead ????

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Money is not everything for a young ambitious player. I think some would agree to lose some wages in exchange of getting some football.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Dicey wrote:

Can you?

Juan Cala.
Guido Burgstaller.
Javi Guerra.
Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Jo Inge Berget.
Mats Moller Daehli.
Kim Bo-Kyung.
Declan John.
Kagisho Dikcagoi.
Etien Velikonja.
Ravel Morrison.
Kadeem Harris.

I think it's his decision, he's a simple no frills lower league type Manager, he knows what he wants.
I agree with further above we will shift most very easily, but will he be able to get what we need instead ????

As we seem to be in cost cutting stage only natural that owner tells manager to cut wage bill! Who thinks we don't need to do this? And if want players in have to sell 1st! This practice is standard since time immamorial. :thumbup: