Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF CITY FANS SET NOT TO RENEW SEASON TICKETS ON MASS

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:43 pm

" Cardiff City supporters threaten to desert their club as social media campaign gathers pace "

Plus viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151487 :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Walesonline

Monday 15th Dec 2014

The Twitter hashtag #NoBlueNoRenew is receiving support on message boards and the social media platform as fans prepare boycott

Cardiff City fans are threatening to walk out on the club next season - citing their frustration with events on and off the field.

The social media campaign called #NoBlueNoRenew has gathered pace in the last 24 hours and message boards are rife with comments of support.

Supporters say if their calls for a return to a blue kit continue to be ignored by members of the board, they will choose not to renew their season ticket for next year.

Mike Jenkins, 26, set up the social media campaign and says that it’s time Vincent Tan listened to the fans.

“It’s about being proud of Cardiff City and people just aren’t at the moment,” he said.

“The club is unrecognisable at the moment and that’s nothing to do with the football, it’s time that Vincent Tan listened.

“We’ve had numerous campaigns, from Tan Out to marching, but nothing has worked. Let’s have an empty stadium and maybe the powers above will listen.

“All it takes is one simple decision. Completely reverse the rebrand and we will renew.

Jenkins added: “Tan could have been one of the best owners in this club’s history had he done it the right way.”

Saturday’s 5-3 defeat to Bournemouth may have been the tipping point for fans, as they watched their team slump to a heavy defeat whilst wearing their white third kit as opposed to their blue away kit.

FA guidelines say that Bournemouth’s predominant colour is black and Cardiff officials feared that wearing blue would result in a kit clash, despite the fact Ipswich Town wore their blue strip at Goldsands just a few weeks ago.

But Jenkins lost patience in September when the Bluebirds welcomed Brighton to the Cardiff City Stadium.

“I had enough after the Brighton game when red scarves were handed out, but like a lot of fellow Bluebirds, I found it hard to just walk out on my club,” explained Jenkins.

“I really respect those who walked away from day one and wish I could have done the same, but going to football is like going to church, you can’t miss it.”

The current 2014/15 campaign is the last of the season ticket price freeze - dubbed the Golden Ticket scheme - at Cardiff City. If fans bought a season ticket for the 2010/11 season between November and January of that season then the price of their season ticket would not inflate for the next five years.

Re: ' BLUEBIRDS FANS THREATEN MASS WALK-OUT '

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Excellent stuff, (BONUS) now if BBC Wales and HTV can get this on air it will be an even bigger bonus! :bluescarf: :notworthy:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Just when I was going to resume ST after season and half of not having one! But if majority are prepared to boycott so will I. :thumbup:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Also, high profile fans giving this their backing and saying so in public would help. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Unless of course the Club wins promotion

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:59 pm

SBF1 wrote:Also, high profile fans giving this their backing and saying so in public would help. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

people should be allowed to make their own minds up. If the powers that be on this board are willing to renew their tickets regardless then i dont think they should speak out just to raise the profile of it..

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:02 pm

I wont be renewing

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:Unless of course the Club wins promotion

Lol, If that did happen, prices would rocket because it's the end of the price freeze.

Besides, the campaign is aimed at current season ticket holders and not Johnny come lately's.

This manager...promotion...Pffft. :mrgreen:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:05 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
SBF1 wrote:Also, high profile fans giving this their backing and saying so in public would help. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

people should be allowed to make their own minds up. If the powers that be on this board are willing to renew their tickets regardless then i dont think they should speak out just to raise the profile of it..

Agreed, and that's why I typed this above... "Also, high profile fans giving this their backing and saying so in public would help"

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Just when I was going to resume ST after season and half of not having one! But if majority are prepared to boycott so will I. :thumbup:

Great stuff!

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:07 pm

This is a credible proposal and one which will gain a lot of positive press. It seems that since the rebrand was first mentioned, the fans have had no control over the club's direction on or off the pitch. A boycott may well be the tipping point. Looking back, it should have been done far earlier, but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I would rather watch City on a dodgy stream than line the pockets of VT and his cronies.

i don't have a ST, but as a "walk in", my boycott will help too.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I wont be renewing

reading your posts i imagine this has little to do with the colour, but if thats the case would you still put your name to some sort of protest/movement anyway?

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:14 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

reading your posts i imagine this has little to do with the colour, but if thats the case would you still put your name to some sort of protest/movement anyway?

I wont be renewing because I dont enjoy it as much anymore, I dont think its value for money and I have more important things to spend my money on.

Im not one of those who abuses Tan, he invested like he said he would and I dont like the way the anger for Tan gets worse the worse we perform. However I have always wanted and still want a return to Blue so depending on the protest then yes I would. the blue isnt the reason im not renewing but it is part of a bigger reason I guess.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I wont be renewing because I dont enjoy it as much anymore, I dont think its value for money and I have more important things to spend my money on.

Im not one of those who abuses Tan, he invested like he said he would and I dont like the way the anger for Tan gets worse the worse we perform. However I have always wanted and still want a return to Blue so depending on the protest then yes I would. the blue isnt the reason im not renewing but it is part of a bigger reason I guess.

I am in the same boat - the enjoyment has been sucked out

I guess I have just fallen out of love with it

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:Walesonline

Monday 15th Dec 2014

The Twitter hashtag #NoBlueNoRenew is receiving support on message boards and the social media platform as fans prepare boycott

Cardiff City fans are threatening to walk out on the club next season - citing their frustration with events on and off the field.

The social media campaign called #NoBlueNoRenew has gathered pace in the last 24 hours and message boards are rife with comments of support.

Supporters say if their calls for a return to a blue kit continue to be ignored by members of the board, they will choose not to renew their season ticket for next year.

Mike Jenkins, 26, set up the social media campaign and says that it’s time Vincent Tan listened to the fans.

“It’s about being proud of Cardiff City and people just aren’t at the moment,” he said.

“The club is unrecognisable at the moment and that’s nothing to do with the football, it’s time that Vincent Tan listened.

“We’ve had numerous campaigns, from Tan Out to marching, but nothing has worked. Let’s have an empty stadium and maybe the powers above will listen.

“All it takes is one simple decision. Completely reverse the rebrand and we will renew.

Jenkins added: “Tan could have been one of the best owners in this club’s history had he done it the right way.”

Saturday’s 5-3 defeat to Bournemouth may have been the tipping point for fans, as they watched their team slump to a heavy defeat whilst wearing their white third kit as opposed to their blue away kit.

FA guidelines say that Bournemouth’s predominant colour is black and Cardiff officials feared that wearing blue would result in a kit clash, despite the fact Ipswich Town wore their blue strip at Goldsands just a few weeks ago.

But Jenkins lost patience in September when the Bluebirds welcomed Brighton to the Cardiff City Stadium.

“I had enough after the Brighton game when red scarves were handed out, but like a lot of fellow Bluebirds, I found it hard to just walk out on my club,” explained Jenkins.

“I really respect those who walked away from day one and wish I could have done the same, but going to football is like going to church, you can’t miss it.”

The current 2014/15 campaign is the last of the season ticket price freeze - dubbed the Golden Ticket scheme - at Cardiff City. If fans bought a season ticket for the 2010/11 season between November and January of that season then the price of their season ticket would not inflate for the next five years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:50 pm

mallo wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Walesonline

Monday 15th Dec 2014

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:59 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Good point.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:59 pm

If this picks up and at least half of our current season ticket holders don't renew, I'll also join in. :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Just when I was going to resume ST after season and half of not having one! But if majority are prepared to boycott so will I. :thumbup:

Some sense from you at last! ;)

:thumbup:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:05 pm

[quot riginalGrangeEndBlue"]
pembroke allan wrote:Just when I was going resume ST after season and half of not having one! But if majority are prepared to boycott so will I. :thumbup:

:thumbup:[/quote]

Hey my stance on rebrand/tan is well documented over the past 2yrs! I just dont have same hysteria some have on here! :o 43yrs a supporter says it all? :thumbup:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:[quot riginalGrangeEndBlue"]
pembroke allan wrote:Just when I was going resume ST after season and half of not having one! But if majority are prepared to boycott so will I. :thumbup:

Hey my stance on rebrand/tan is well documented over the past 2yrs! I just dont have same hysteria some have on here! :o 43yrs a supporter says it all? :thumbup:[/quote]

I agree of course you do.
My point was tongue in cheek the fact that we rarely agree on anything but on this we do!

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Carl u know I never comment but what Jenks ( eighty_8)has started here hopefully will get some result. Times are shit on and off the pitch and this might come to nothing still, but least it's worth a go.

Re: CARDIFF CITY FANS SET NOT TO RENEWS SEASON TICKETS ON MA

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:37 pm

I didnt renew this year.
Red seats were the final straw for me.
Every game ive attended this years has been as flat as a pancake.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:43 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:[quot riginalGrangeEndBlue"]

Hey my stance on rebrand/tan is well documented over the past 2yrs! I just dont have same hysteria some have on here! :o 43yrs a supporter says it all? :thumbup:

I agree of course you do.
My point was tongue in cheek the fact that we rarely agree on anything but on this we do!

:thumbup:[/quote

Well its Xmas season of goodwill ect. :laughing6:
But seriously a point not mentioned if boycott goes ahead what will tan do? No income he won't subsidise club! dodgy future for club me thinks. :old:

Re: CARDIFF CITY FANS SET NOT TO RENEWS SEASON TICKETS ON MA

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:11 pm

I will not be renewing my season ticket. The reasons being a non return to blue and the dire football that is being turned out under the leadership of the present coaches. I have also fallen out of love with it all and I have been a supporter all of my 66 years, and watching since the 1959-1960 season. So sadly I will be saying goodbye until there are changes in strip and performances.

Re: CARDIFF CITY FANS SET NOT TO RENEW SEASON TICKETS ON MAS

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:30 pm

Individuals, (even if there are a lot of them), stopping going because they 'don't enjoy it anymore', or 'because the football is crap' is not a boycott. It's just not bothering any more.

A campaign on a single issue, like a return to blue, or a change of owner even, led by genuine supporters' organisations, is.

In our case, all the supporters' groups would need to be united.

Besides, not having a season ticket is not the same as not going to games.

This all seems a bit vague. :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:56 pm

I have just sent the following suggested email template to be sent out when renewal come out to various supporters groups. Annis/Carl, I didnt have your emails, but am using this forum as a means of contact.

I suggest this could be used alongside Mike Jenkins #NoBluNoRenew and if your reading this Mike and feel it appropriate, please copy and paste on your twitter and facebook accounts.

The draft I suggest is as follows:

Date
Name
Fan Number

To Whom it may concern,

I write in response to your recent correspondance with regard to renewing my season ticket for season 2015/16 and thank you for my invite.

I wish to state that I am a supporter of Cardiff City Football Club and wish nothing more than to see the club grow and succeed on and off the pitch.

I am, however, deeply dissolusioned by the clubs continued insistence that the team play their home games in red and persist with a rebrand, that it is now patently clear, has divided the club from top to bottom.

So much progress has taken place at CCFC in recent years and it bemuses me that the club wish to continue to follow a path that is unravelling this and alienating so much of its passionate fanbase.

A return to blue and our true identity would not only reinvigorate the club and unite it but would also present the club with a fantastic commercial opportunity.

As such, at this initial stage, I am unable to offer my financial commitment to the club, but hope that by the deadline you have set of xx/xx/xx, that the club have announced a return to blue and I can take up my seat for next season.

I trust you will accept this email in the spirit it is intended as I, like I am sure you do, want nothing but the best for Cardiff City FC, but as such feel the club need to make steps to heal this current divide that exists between itself and its fans.

I look forward to your response

Yours Sincerely

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:58 pm

I agree with previous comments i was a season ticket holder and work commitments meant that i can only watch a limited number of games but even for me now i cant......playing in red, and the nail in the coffin in white thats the last straw for me and my previous games this season no atmosphere its as if our fans are shell shocked but there again can you blame us....i wont be watching any more games while we play in that shit red with a crappy badge and the white kit u can flush tha down the bog coz i wouldent wipe my ass with it......... :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: Cardiffcity BLUEBIRDS.........ps tan just go and give the fans this club back ......

Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:02 pm

They can stick it,f**k um i aint renewing,stick their red and jack shite

Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:39 pm

loads of fans finally sound like they are not prepared to renew season tickets. This is the only thing that may work, he has ignored all the other protests so far.