Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tan's plans to redesign the stadium and bury the Bluebird

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Over the past couple of years I have been a supporter of Tan, voicing my support of the man on this forum on more than one occasion, but recently I have been given some information that has completely changed my point of view on the man, and indeed on the football club that I have supported since I was born. Before I was a supporter of 'the red' and to some extent the beer mat badge we have, but this is no longer the case. The club is being stripped of its identity and what I heard has put a further nail into the coffin of the blue and the Bluebird, like many, I am now anti-red.

A colleague of mine was told by a friend of his who works for a design agency in England (I'm not going to be naming names here for personal reasons). This design agency has been contacted by Cardiff City FC with regards to a redesign of the stadium. I'm not aware of the full extent of the redesign, but after asking for more information, here's what I do know:
- The club has approached a design agency in England about redesigning the stadium to make the red and the dragon more prominent.
- This redesign will include the changing rooms and the interior of the stands, and presumably the outside.
- I can't say if this means that the colours of the seats will be changed, but it'l looking likely
- The contract for the work has it starting as soon as January 2015 - next month.

This is 100% genuine and I even got my colleague to ring his friend and ask him in more detail, he isn't aware of the situation at Cardiff so he didn't think it was a big deal. It seems that Tan is trying to bury the blue and any remnant of the Bluebird. If we value our club and its history something needs to be done.

Re: Tan's plans to redesign the stadium and bury the Bluebir

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Friend is obviously not a football fan as every man and his dog knows about city! Mind you Even non football people (ladies) know which surprised me! :o

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Friend is obviously not a football fan as every man and his dog knows about city! Mind you Even non football people (ladies) know which surprised me! :o

Allan, there are more plans by Tan to bury the Bluebird,sadly he does want to finish us off. In my opinion Tan seems now obsessed with hurting us and everything to do with our identity :cry: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151487 :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:46 pm

This coming days after making our players run out in a swansea kit. This man has to be stopped, but he won't be. If this is true and goes ahead it sends out a message that he aint going anywhere. And the stadium will then be occupied by Tans arse lickers and the new generation of Cardiff 'fans' who have no affinity to blue or the bluebird.

Please let this story be a false one.

:bluescarf:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Friend is obviously not a football fan as every man and his dog knows about city! Mind you Even non football people (ladies) know which surprised me! :o

Colleague knew that I was a Cardiff supporter so when his friend mentioned that he had just got a contract from the club he asked more about it.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:47 pm

So why has this changed your mind as you said you were pro Tan and pro beer mat. If this is the case you should not mind with the stadium changing ?

Forever Blue wrote:

Allan, there are more plans by Tan to bury the Bluebird,sadly he does want to finish us off. In my opinion Tan seems now obsessed with hurting us and everything to do with our identity :cry: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151487 :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

thought he wanted out ?

Maybe his friend is not a football fan but be honest Allan it is not beyond Tan or the realms of thinking is it ?

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Probably right annis! True though even non football ladies know about city! :o

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:54 pm

carmarthen bluebird wrote:So why has this changed your mind as you said you were pro Tan and pro beer mat. If this is the case you should not mind with the stadium changing ?

Because in the back of my mind I thought that the red was a whim and that we'd still be blue away from home and maybe one day he would compromise with the fans and stick with blue at home. I guess I also liked the fact that he was pumping money into the club (regardless of how he's done it). If the stadium is redesigned then there's little hope that blue will return - what worries me most is by making the dragon and red prominent in the changing rooms, instilling the colour and badge into the players - this'll make even more of a divide in the club.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

thought he wanted out ?

He Does ASAP,but Ive said many times,he cant get out.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:57 pm

If this is true. We need to get something organized now, not wait until January for meetings. The more he changes the harder it will be to return back to blue.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Ackers wrote:If this is true. We need to get something organized now, not wait until January for meetings. The more he changes the harder it will be to return back to blue.

You will hear what the plans are this week Ackers, massive plans have been discussed and arranged by all supporters groups :thumbup:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:00 pm

I do love "a friend of mine" posts........ :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Ackers wrote:If this is true. We need to get something organized now, not wait until January for meetings. The more he changes the harder it will be to return back to blue.

You will hear what the plans are this week Ackers, massive plans have been discussed and arranged by all supporters groups :thumbup:

Top man :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Football without fans is nothing, and the club will soon realise this next season if we're still in red.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Ask him when they were approached. I think you will find he has approached more than one company starting the end of last year !

I have been telling you for a long time now to boycott the games time is starting to run out

But who am I only somone that had less then 50 posts

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:04 pm

Ask him when they were approached. I think you will find he has approached more than one company starting the end of last year !

I have been telling you for a long time now to boycott the games time is starting to run out

But who am I only somone that had less then 50 posts

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

thought he wanted out ?

He Does ASAP,but Ive said many times,he cant get out.

Seems strange that they are going to change more and he wants out ,I think he's so rich that he doesn't care what he spends on us

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:15 pm

This just keeps getting worse although we don't know if this will come to fruition. One thing is evident, people like Tan will keep turning the screw, because he can! What do bullies do? Focus on your weakness, ours is our love for our colour and tradition and bluebird. It will come to a head just no idea when and this does confuse me if true. The OP seemed a decent genuine post but who knows. :(

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:30 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I do love "a friend of mine" posts........ :lol: :lol:

Yes - so do I - you know straight away they are going to be a load of old bollocks :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:32 pm

mugsy wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I do love "a friend of mine" posts........ :lol: :lol:

Yes - so do I - you know straight away they are going to be a load of old bollocks :lol: :lol:

Before Be Blue posted this,he FB me and named names,but cant put them on here and I understand why :thumbright:

Be Blue use to be totally against everything I use to say,just look at his previous posts,but he FB me explaining everything.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:38 pm

Ackers wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Top man :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Looking forward to this, I've been boycotting but I will certainly get involved in any action. The sooner this happens the better. We have to capitalise on the strength of feeling. This is exactly what should have happened in 2012, better late than never. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:39 pm

why do some people jump up and always say that the op is talking bollocks everytime something is said that affects the rebrand, Just wait and see what happens because this has happened loads of times where the person saying its a load of boolocks gets egg on their face :roll:
I wouldn't put it past Tan do do something like this as it would piss us off and I am now convinced that what he is doing is his complete intention. He thinks of our beloved club as his toy and when he's finished playing with it he just throws it away. A sad deluded man indeed :evil:
As it says in my signature, "The Bluebirds will NEVER die" :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:41 pm

If this is correct then and the work starting in January I can't see people renewing season tkts in February! I won't be...... It's bad enough now.... I'm struggling to find any love for this club at the moment... Every little thing is getting to me one by one.
Last edited by Blackwood_Bluebird on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:41 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:why do some people jump up and always say that the op is talking bollocks everytime something is said that affects the rebrand, Just wait and see what happens because this has happened loads of times where the person saying its a load of boolocks gets egg on their face :roll:
I wouldn't put it past Tan do do something like this as it would piss us off and I am now convinced that what he is doing is his complete intention. He thinks of our beloved club as his toy and when he's finished playing with it he just throws it away. A sad deluded man indeed :evil:
As it says in my signature, "The Bluebirds will NEVER die" :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Correct Steve :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:why do some people jump up and always say that the op is talking bollocks everytime something is said that affects the rebrand, Just wait and see what happens because this has happened loads of times where the person saying its a load of boolocks gets egg on their face :roll:

Correct Steve :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

It really pisses me off Annis, it's as if they wish for Tan to do something like that but still jumps on the op's back before anything comes to light, as you know Annis, that is why I don't post much on here anymore, I normally wait for things to happen until I have my say but this one has really got to me.
Nobody will ever change my stance on our Identity however hard they try. I will always be BLUE :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Last edited by Juventus Blue on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Boycott now the end of january to the middle of febuary there will be nothing we can do.

The media is our only hope right now

if you own a season ticket make a banner wait for the whistle and leave the banner there.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Not to worried about his plans , he's just wasting his time and money

He has lit the fuse amongst moderate and diehard supporters and clearly does'nt understand the football culture in this country

Whatever happens its of his own making

This will not end well for him

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:47 pm

Tan has showed that he is not a man to be crossed. He has a spiteful and vindictive character, I would not put it past him get revenge on the fans for not towing the line and conforming.