Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT/STATEMENT "

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:00 pm

" CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT "

The Club intend to meet the Fans Thursday this week. Chairman Mehmet Dalman & CEO Ken Choo will meet about 40 City fans from all Supporters groups and everything will be relayed to Vincent Tan. Vincent Tan has asked for this meeting to be held :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

For Myself its a return to Our True Identity end off :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

" Cardiff City Football Club Statement "

Monday 5th Jan 2015

Recognises that one of the key assets the Club has is its fan base. In recognition of their importance, Vincent Tan has asked Cardiff City Chairman Mehmet Dalman and CEO Ken Choo to invite a cross-section of supporters and stakeholders for a consultative meeting, including but not exclusive to the Cardiff City Supporters Club and Supporters Trust.

As such a meeting has been scheduled on Thursday 8 January 2015, with invitations being compiled and sent today, Monday 5 January.

The purpose of the consultation meeting is to give supporters an opportunity to openly share their views on a number of topics in relation the Club.

We care about our fans and their views are important to us.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT "

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:10 pm

Good but tan only listens to himself otherwise he would be there in person imo as theres been past meeting on a smaller scale that achieved nothing, but lets hope :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:18 pm

Who are the 40 fans i want to know :?

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:21 pm

And we all know whatever is said will discarded by Tan as soon as it's passed on! Choo and Dalman already know everyone's opinions, they talk to fans before every away game, so really this is just a pointless meeting sadly, even though it's good that the club offered it!

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:22 pm

Lets hope a lot of issues, like stewarding, standing, atmosphere can be sorted out.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Probably something to get the fans flocking to buy season tickets etc. Nothing will come from it, VT listens only one man... himself.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:24 pm

This is a valid point , who are the 40 fans , and what qualifies them to be present .
Probably wont be answered , but I FOR ONE WOULD WANT TO KNOW , purely because I want to know who is supposedly representing me and with what views!!

Why cant they have an open meeting for any Fans to attend , with q and A,s ?

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:25 pm

A list of the 40 and who exactly they represent would be nice

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:31 pm

I represent myself and I do what I want :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:36 pm

The Trust and Supporters club both have Facebook accounts, why not suggest some questions you would like put to the board on your/our behalf?

You can't blame the club for inviting those groups along, if they picked 40 random fans from the database there would be no accountability, they couldn't represent the fan base fairly as they would only take their specific views into consideration, while the groups invited will surely take a broader viewpoint from a wider range of fans/their members.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:40 pm

both forums have been invited due to the traffic of fans so i assume its carl & annis off here, mike and no idea off mikes board along with the likes of corky, vince alm and other people with supporters groups :bluescarf:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:42 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:both forums have been invited so i assume its carl & annis off here, mike and no idea off mikes board along with the likes of corky, vince alm and other people who are with groups such as supporters groups :bluescarf:

This is fairly positive Ian, you can't ask for more than that, perhaps a thread could be started with questions suggested.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:42 pm

Although I dont expect anything to happen we can hope. Its better than no meeting at all. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:43 pm

I hope they tell Tan we want a compromise! We've had enough of this red shit now, so let's compromise together and sort this mess out once and for all! But I doubt that's even going to happen, so we want them to know we will boycott all games and will not be renewing our tickets unless we have some compromise from the horses mouth, let's see what they've got to say for themseves Tans puppets! :thumbup:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Intersesting statement.

Can't see anything coming of this though. Just trying to quash the planned protests though I expect.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Obviously the key questions never get answered your right, perhaps the 40 should attend the meeting, ask our obvious key questions and if they dance around the answers simoly get up and walk out.

Gavin wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:both forums have been invited so i assume its carl & annis off here, mike and no idea off mikes board along with the likes of corky, vince alm and other people who are with groups such as supporters groups :bluescarf:

This is fairly positive Ian, you can't ask for more than that, perhaps a thread could be started with questions suggested.

Yes of course but what questions have we had answered before only side stepped and you will have to ask tan replys. We can only hope but atleast its a bigger scale meeting :bluescarf:

jamie ccfc bluebirds wrote:I hope they tell Tan we want a compromise! We've had enough of this red shit now, so let's compromise together and sort this mess out once and for all! But I doubt that's even going to happen, so we want them to know we will boycott all games and will not be renewing our tickets unless we have some compromise from the horses mouth, let's see what they've got to say for themseves Tans puppets! :thumbup:

No compromise from me unless its a Blue kit and our badge back

Ian, All Travel Group Representatives,The Council,Some of the original fans who never renewed, TLG Aka Dave Sugarman,Supporters Club,Trust,Corky, Sian Branson,Mike Morris,Media etc etc :thumbright: and Gwyneth Davies :shock: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
jamie ccfc bluebirds wrote:I hope they tell Tan we want a compromise! We've had enough of this red shit now, so let's compromise together and sort this mess out once and for all! But I doubt that's even going to happen, so we want them to know we will boycott all games and will not be renewing our tickets unless we have some compromise from the horses mouth, let's see what they've got to say for themseves Tans puppets! :thumbup:

Luke,Thats 100% what the meeting is about :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:45 pm

I wonder who draws up that list :lol:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I wonder who draws up that list :lol:

Wayne nash probably but atleast the club know somethings not rite now and will listen although i doubt tan will :bluescarf:

'We care about our fans and their views are important to us' give me a chuckle though :laughing6:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:47 pm

I hope they tell Tan we want a compromise! We've had enough of this red shit now, so let's compromise together and sort this mess out once and for all! But I doubt that's even going to happen, so we want them to know we will boycott all games and will not be renewing our tickets unless we have some compromise from the horses mouth, let's see what they've got to say for themseves Tans puppets! :thumbup:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:49 pm

Will we return to blue next season? Yes or No

Only question I want asked and answered, with no clauses and conditions, just a yes or no answer to see where we stand

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:49 pm

Interesting that I've got a Cardiff City facebook page with nearly 170k people on it, more than 10 times the number of the forums but not an invite...

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:50 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:Will we return to blue next season? Yes or No

Only question I want asked and answered, with no clauses and conditions, just a yes or no answer to see where we stand

Tan has already said NO xmas day.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:51 pm

While I agree that the official fans group should be represented, the club should invite maybe 5-10 random season ticket holders to this meeting? This would be easy to sort out as they have everyones e-mail, phone number & address to contact them.

If they really care about what the fans think they have to have a true cross section not just from the official clubs/groups, what about people who travel to games home & away independently?

Either way this is a good step by the club in my opinion, and hopefully we can get the outcome we want, which is a return to blue and with the bluebird back as the main symbol on our badge and finally some answers on the debt to equity. They have to announce some good news soon as pretty soon they will be asking us all for ST money again, and at this point I am not re-newing until we return to blue.

joncandy wrote:Interesting that I've got a Cardiff City facebook page with nearly 170k people on it, more than 10 times the number of the forums but not an invite...

When it suits jon when it suits as they say.

joncandy wrote:Interesting that I've got a Cardiff City facebook page with nearly 170k people on it, more than 10 times the number of the forums but not an invite...

In a similar sense, my #NoBlueNoRenew campaign hasn't either :lol:

2blue2handle wrote:

That's the ideal scenario isn't it, but Tan has catogorically stated that under his ownership it is not going to happen, for me compromise should always be an option. Surely at this point Tan can see he can never win, we will never embrace the red.

If I was at the meeting I'd ask for;

Compromise on the colours/badge

A debt to equity update, and if it's not gonna happen, what next for the club finances?

upholding the fan on the board suggestion

Drastic ticket price reductions for next season

Safe standing