Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF "

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:32 pm

:bluescarf: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF? " :bluescarf:

Ive been told it really hit home to Vincent Tan, Ken Choo and Mehmet Dalman the empty Cardiff City stadium on Friday night and since then its been all stations go to sort things out with our fans.

They also dont want to look like theyve destroyed a Football Club.

Plus,I know this sounds strange,but Russell Slade,Tans appointment has been speaking strongly to Tan regarding the divide in our club and that it can never work and its hurting the team.

Tan wants out,Tan needs Premiership football to restore his pride and most of his money and a divided club will not get him this.

I am expecting City to announce that Our Blue will be restored " IF " the meeting goes well on Thursday,when I mean well, our fans to be united and respectful and then it to be announced maybe within 48hrs after the meeting has taken place :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE "

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:35 pm

Good to hear.

Some Blue light at the end of a Red Tunnel!

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:38 pm

I hope you are right, but how can he do it without losing face?????

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Annis, if this does happen, then I think the club should apply to the FA to wear next seasons top in the last home game of this season, I seem to recall reading it somewhere that this is allowed with permission from the FA, Chelsea done this a few times (maybe a PL only thing)

If that happened, it would fully united the fans going into next season with a new positive atmosphere instead of this poison one we are currently in.

Fingers crossed!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:42 pm

Happy days, brilliant if true :ayatollah:

Please don't build my hopes up for them to fall down Thursday :lol:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:43 pm

If this is true I will kiss you Annis :lol:

It would honestly make my year and it's not even a week old. Are we talking badge back as well?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:46 pm

Bluebina wrote:I hope you are right, but how can he do it without losing face?????

Thats down to our fans at the meeting :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:50 pm

Really showed a boycott works .. Can't help thinking this should have been done along time ago.

Very curious about the transfer window with the way slade is operating.

Maybe the meeting will shed light around that also.

Good luck I still think he's buying time though.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:52 pm

I don't want to build up my hopes because so far all we've been served is disappointment but I prey to god it happens.

We've come so far, from being barely acknowledged and Tan calling us the 5% to now getting the chance to lay it on the line to the people at the top of club. Grab this opportunity and let the bastards know Cardiff City is blue and we won't accept no less !!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF "

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:52 pm

I will be absolutely gutted if this dosen't happen now,all this hype and if it don't happen its going to get messy! :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:53 pm

everyone has to sit on a large rug, legs crossed and fingers on lips

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:02 pm

RageJon wrote:Really showed a boycott works .. Can't help thinking this should have been done along time ago.

and step up the boycotts if its a no to blue :bluescarf: no promises of change next season just to shut us up for now :evil:
Last edited by papa on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote::bluescarf: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF? " :bluescarf:

Ive been told it really hit home to Vincent Tan, Ken Choo and Malmat Dalman the empty Cardiff City stadium on Friday night and since then its been all stations go to sort things out with our fans.

Plus,I know this sounds strange,but Russell Slade,Tans appointment has been speaking strongly to Tan regarding the divide in our club and that it can never work and its hurting the team.

Tan wants out,Tan needs Premiership football to restore his pride and most of his money and a divided club will not get him this.

I am expecting City to announce that Our Blue will be restored " IF " the meeting goes well on Thursday,when I mean well, our fans to be united and respectful and then it to be announced maybe within 48hrs after the meeting has taken place :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

annis if its a genuine positive response from tan then i will renew....but people like me are relying on you to tell me exactly whats going on..... :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:08 pm

krabb wrote:
Forever Blue wrote::bluescarf: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF? " :bluescarf:

Ive been told it really hit home to Vincent Tan, Ken Choo and Malmat Dalman the empty Cardiff City stadium on Friday night and since then its been all stations go to sort things out with our fans.

annis if its a genuine positive response from tan then i will renew....but people like me are relying on you to tell me exactly whats going on..... :ayatollah:

This is what I'm worried about, could be a way to get people to renew and then not deliver their promises!

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Very optimistic! I hope your right mate...

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Begs the question if they are going to change us back if the meeting goes well, then what are they going to ask from us?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Looking at it from a business perspective who would want their product to arouse scorn and ridicule? Equally who would sit back and watch huge potential melt away to the extent we have seen? Tan is about money and face, does he realize us westerners will put things behind us and move on if the club is returned to its true "culture"? I am suspicious in the sense my brother worked in Asia for twenty years and they have a completely different approach to business/life.I hope I am wrong!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Only way we can be sure is if the FA confirm we will play in blue at home from next season with a Bluebird predominant on our badge

NO COMPROMISES
NO BLUE NO RENEW
AND BLUEBIRD BADGE TOO

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:25 pm

papa wrote:
RageJon wrote:Really showed a boycott works .. Can't help thinking this should have been done along time ago.

and step up the boycotts if its a no to blue :bluescarf: no promises of change next season just to shut us up for now :evil:

This is paramount IMO, we can't trust him not to renege on a promise of restoring our blue for next season. If he's going to do it, it needs to be done straight away, with the blue away kit being used as our primary kit now. If this happens with an absolute assurance that the rebrand has gone for good I will renew after my 2 season long boycott

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:25 pm

joncandy wrote:Begs the question if they are going to charge us back if the meeting goes well, then what are they going to ask from us?

Good question... Probably for everyone to renew, a red away kit, respect for Tan, no abuse, stop protests etc.

Problem is, can the club be trusted if they say we will return to blue?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:32 pm

krabb wrote:

Kevin, I will always tell the truth and I wont be be conned, its got to be guaranteed that its a return to our true identity :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:34 pm

papa wrote:

Papa,100% No return to BLUE,the protests get upped big time :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:35 pm

ELY BOY wrote:If this is true I will kiss you Annis :lol:

It would honestly make my year and it's not even a week old. Are we talking badge back as well?

Simon and I will let you :lol: :lol: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I am expecting the BLUE to be, but the BADGE I am a worried about,but u never know. :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:36 pm

joncandy wrote:Begs the question if they are going to charge us back if the meeting goes well, then what are they going to ask from us?

Jon, they will want us to show a united front with Tan,so I am hearing.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
krabb wrote:

Kevin, I will always tell the truth and I wont be be conned, its got to be guaranteed that its a return to our true identity :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:45 pm

If we are not blue next season I won't be returning for a long time. I can't deal with this crap from a pastime I once loved.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:49 pm

Fantastic if this happens. Important that we show our gratitude (through gritted teeth) to his representatives at the meeting to ensure that he doesn't change his mind. :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:49 pm

billyako wrote:Annis, if this does happen, then I think the club should apply to the FA to wear next seasons top in the last home game of this season, I seem to recall reading it somewhere that this is allowed with permission from the FA, Chelsea done this a few times (maybe a PL only thing)

If that happened, it would fully united the fans going into next season with a new positive atmosphere instead of this poison one we are currently in.

Fingers crossed!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We will be allowed to wear our registered away kit, which at the moment is BLUE, for 1 home game as per FA rules, so we wouldn't have to ask the FA for permission :thumbup:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:51 pm

i hope so but i cant see it

especially with him saying on Xmas day there's no chance

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:52 pm

BracklaBlue72 wrote:
papa wrote:

This is paramount IMO, we can't trust him not to renege on a promise of restoring our blue for next season. If he's going to do it, it needs to be done straight away, with the blue away kit being used as our primary kit now. If this happens with an absolute assurance that the rebrand has gone for good I will renew after my 2 season long boycott

We can NOT use the BLUE kit at home for the rest of this season. We can use it for one home game only as the registered home kit is red, we have to use that until the end of the season. :(