Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' FEDERICO MACHEDA ? '

Sat May 30, 2015 7:22 am

' Federico Macheda '

Macheda was signed as a free transfer one year ago and was a player that I was excited about when Ole brought him in, even though he hadn't reached his potential, a reason why he was signing for us, he is still young and under a manager he knew from Man Utd, I was hopeful that it may just click.

The six foot Italian had ended the previous season in the Championship with Birmingham in good goal scoring form.

' Kiko ' had 13 starts in the league for us last season and made another 8 appearances as a sub and managed to score 6 goals.

He did score another 2 goals for the club in the Capital One cup.

I was left disappointed by Macheda's contribution last season, probably after expecting more from him.

Fans will argue that Kenwyne Jones is a lazy player but I honestly feel that Jones offers more to the team than Macheda, defensively, as a foil for other players and most of all as a goal scorer.

At just 23 yrs old, I wouldn't be disappointed or surprised if the club kept him for the forthcoming season but I would hope to see considerably more from Macheda.

Do you think he is worth keeping and persevering with ?

Or are you happy with Macheda anyway ?

Re: ' FEDERICO MACHEDA ? '

Sat May 30, 2015 7:27 am

Too lazy for my liking.

Sat May 30, 2015 7:32 am

I hate his work rate for us so far, but if motivated by the right Manager he could piss this league and be one of the top goal scorers, so no let him go unless we get a decent Manager in.

Watch him go to a rival with a decent Manager and score for fun.......

Sat May 30, 2015 7:52 am

I have a yes or no on every player but Kiko I'm just not sure. Yes he goes missing at times but he is still young and has that knack of getting goals even with next to no service last season. I think he is the type of player that needs to be loved and played week in week out to fulfill his potential.
I guess it depends what kind of wage he is on as well.

Sat May 30, 2015 7:58 am

I believe Macheda is quality,will get you the goals,but needs a strong manager, as he can be lazy.

Sat May 30, 2015 9:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:I believe Macheda is quality,will get you the goals,but needs a strong manager, as he can be lazy.

He needs a m kick up the arse and he will be a great for us

Sat May 30, 2015 9:03 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I believe Macheda is quality,will get you the goals,but needs a strong manager, as he can be lazy.

He needs a m kick up the arse and he will be a great for us

Wez, He does :lol: :thumbright:

Sat May 30, 2015 9:34 am

If Slade gets him working in the summer and tells him not to mess this up because it's his chance to forge a good career, he will come good. If he scores goals and ups his work rate the fans won't have any problems.

Sat May 30, 2015 9:39 am

Has talent but unfortunately I believe that he is the laziest player that I have seen in a City shirt.

Just seems to go missing for most of a game, no running off the ball, cannot jump, his touch his poor but he does have a knack of scoring.

I would love to know how much distance he covers in a match in comparison to his team mates, probably a fraction. If you are trying to build a promotion winning team can you afford to carry a passenger?

Sat May 30, 2015 11:45 am

Lazy and gutless...never want to see him in a City shirt ever again

Sat May 30, 2015 11:51 am

Agree with you Annis also think finding the right balls into him for him to play off and with good confidence he can produce the goods . However I also feel he's the type of player that needs support from crowd. :bluescarf:

Sat May 30, 2015 12:06 pm

My view he should be the first player out of the club , to timid and not up for any battle , has skill but no desire , shy's away from any 50/50 ball in the air , earlier in the season Scott Young was screaming at him to man up and get involved in the aerial battles , he responded by jumping 6" and into the defender rather than attack the flighted ball ..... it was embarrassing

Sat May 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Keep. More of a chance in the team, keep himself fit and he'll get more than 10 goals. Don't understand the obsession with work rate, if you put goals in the back of the net. He's in the Bothroyd position

Sat May 30, 2015 1:07 pm

He is lazy but he does know where the goal is. :thumbright:

Sat May 30, 2015 1:08 pm

BlueSince1908 wrote:Keep. More of a chance in the team, keep himself fit and he'll get more than 10 goals. Don't understand the obsession with work rate, if you put goals in the back of the net. He's in the Bothroyd position

Trouble with Macheda he doesn't put the ball in the net very often...combine that with a low work rate and gutless in a challenge....makes him a piss poor player...get rid of him

Sat May 30, 2015 1:18 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
BlueSince1908 wrote:Keep. More of a chance in the team, keep himself fit and he'll get more than 10 goals. Don't understand the obsession with work rate, if you put goals in the back of the net. He's in the Bothroyd position

Trouble with Macheda he doesn't put the ball in the net very often...combine that with a low work rate and gutless in a challenge....makes him a piss poor player...get rid of him

3 in 3 wasn't it, a goal a game before he got injured wasn't it?

Sat May 30, 2015 2:07 pm

I'd like to keep him,but wouldn't be upset if he went. A great finisher, but I'd like to see him work a little harder for those around him.

Sat May 30, 2015 3:48 pm

BlueSince1908 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

23 goals in 104 games...so far in his career..isn't actually prolific

Sat May 30, 2015 4:41 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
BlueSince1908 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

23 goals in 104 games...so far in his career..isn't actually prolific

His goalscoring record for Birmingham when actually given a chance in the side?

Sat May 30, 2015 7:06 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Lazy and gutless...never want to see him in a City shirt ever again

He shite

Sat May 30, 2015 7:18 pm

Reminds me of Boythroyd who was well managed by Dave Jones.

Sat May 30, 2015 10:39 pm

Heart of a sparrow

Sun May 31, 2015 7:15 am

I would keep machida if slade goes! :sladeout:

Sun May 31, 2015 7:45 am

All the talent in the world but no heart. I can't work out if he thinks he is doing us a favour or he just doesn't have the fortitude for the job.

Sun May 31, 2015 8:17 am

Typical Dave Jones player who might be the manager to get the best out of him.