Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SWANSEA FANS SMASH UP PUB '

Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Coachload of Swansea City fans threw bottles and chairs at Crystal Palace pub during street battle

Wednesday December 30, 2015

By Gareth Davies

The White Horse pub was targeted by a coachload of Swansea City fans

A SHOPKEEPER has described how he locked frightened customers in his fried chicken shop while dozens of football fans brawled on the street outside.

A coachload of Swansea City fans attacked The White Horse pub, in Selhurst Road, after the goalless draw with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Monday.

Witnesses said around 50 people came off the coach and threw bottles and chairs at the Palace supporters' pub before trying to force their way into the building.

They were fought off by Palace fans, helped by workers from a nearby car wash, and the two groups battled in the street for approximately ten minutes before the Swansea supporters were forced back onto the coach, which then drove away.

Vans full of police officers arrived and the road was closed. The coach was later stopped in Windmill Road and two people were arrested.

Junaid Ashraf, owner of Europa Fried Chicken, said: "I was working in the shop when a large group of people started fighting in the road outside.

"Some customers who had just left ran back into the store. They were frightened so I quickly closed the shutters.

"I asked whether any of the customers wanted to leave but they wanted to stay. I don't blame them. I was scared. The people outside were throwing glass bottles at each other."

Harry Patel, owner of a nearby convenience store, said the coach pulled up outside The White Horse at about 5pm.

"The people in the coach came out and attacked the pub - there were probably 50 of them," he said.

"There were lots of young men. They came with chairs and bottles towards the pub. They attacked the people standing outside and threw things at the building.

"They even got hold of the bins from my store. Someone got hit with a chair."

Mr Patel described how people inside the pub, which did not suffer significant damage, were able to repel the attackers with the help of staff from the car wash next door.

"They managed to push these guys back and then they started fighting in the street," he said.

"All traffic had stopped. Everyone was screaming. It was proper fighting. I've not seen anything like it and I was around when Crystal Palace played Millwall.

"It was really bad. All the shops put their shutters down. We didn't know what was happening.

"I feel really bad for the Palace fans and the people who run the pub. It was unprovoked. I'm glad no one was seriously hurt.

"Normally coaches come past with the police driving in front to make sure there's no trouble, but this time there were no police for quite a long time.

"After the coach drove away ten police vans arrived and closed the road.

"They said they had followed the coach, stopped it and arrested some people."

The Advertiser understands the attack may have been connected to a fight earlier in the afternoon between two groups of supporters.

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "Police were called at 5pm on December 28 to reports of a fight at The White Horse in Selhurst Road.

"Officers attended and two men aged 42 and 20 were arrested on suspicion of affray and were taken into custody at a south London police station.

"They have since been released on bail to dates in late March pending a further investigation into the incident."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' SWANSEA FANS SMASH UP PUB '

Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:40 pm

Typical inbreds attacking a pub on their way home. If they were any type of decent firm they would have called it on before the match. As usual they give it the big un when they know they can run off to their coaches and head off back to their caravan park. Don't condone the action but what amazes me is that if the whole coach attacked the pub why only 2 arrested? Feck me, if that was us, it would have been the full stormtrooper brigade marching the whole coach for a few questions. Hope the kents get what they deserved and have their peg selling licences taken off them. :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:52 pm

Balfblue wrote:Typical inbreds attacking a pub on their way home. If they were any type of decent firm they would have called it on before the match. As usual they give it the big un when they know they can run off to their coaches and head off back to their caravan park. Don't condone the action but what amazes me is that if the whole coach attacked the pub why only 2 arrested? Feck me, if that was us, it would have been the full stormtrooper brigade marching the whole coach for a few questions. Hope the kents get what they deserved and have their peg selling licences taken off them. :bluescarf:

Did'nt realise you are only a decent firm if you have it before the match :lol:

Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:52 pm

The Palace Ultras lol , modern football youths probably mouthing off. In all fairness we don't know what happened. People from the car wash joined in lol. Probably a load of poles up for a row :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:09 pm

BadaBing wrote:
Balfblue wrote:Typical inbreds attacking a pub on their way home. If they were any type of decent firm they would have called it on before the match. As usual they give it the big un when they know they can run off to their coaches and head off back to their caravan park. Don't condone the action but what amazes me is that if the whole coach attacked the pub why only 2 arrested? Feck me, if that was us, it would have been the full stormtrooper brigade marching the whole coach for a few questions. Hope the kents get what they deserved and have their peg selling licences taken off them. :bluescarf:

Did'nt realise you are only a decent firm if you have it before the match :lol:

"Typical inbreds attacking a pub on their way home" - The time of the day has nothing to do with how good a firm is Senor BadaBing. Am just stating a fact that the SRS or whatever you Parada wearing boys are called these days, have this habit of calling it on, or trying to, when you know that the safety of a coach or van is a minutes dash away. Good snipering tactic, when it comes off, but as those arrested have found out, it did not. Am sure, if you stay up, the Palace faithful will greet Tank and the rest of the Lougher Lady Boys will open arms next season.

PS Do you know if Father Christmas brought that poor little boy who lost his Dunlop in Canton a new pair?

Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:16 pm

Well, well, well. So 50 inbred wannabees run back to their bus chased off by some car valets. How embarrassing for the small-town backwater parochial hicks.

Washed Away, Washed Away, Washed Away.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:23 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Well, well, well. So 50 inbred wannabees run back to their bus chased off by some car valets. How embarrassing for the small-town backwater parochial hicks.

Washed Away, Washed Away, Washed Away.
thats got to be sung to them when we play them next lol

Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:28 pm

One Swansea fan was seen fleeing the scene with a soapy loofah stuffed up his arse!! Typical jacks getting backed off to their coach by the "SHAMMY LEATHER CREW"
:bluebird:

Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:53 pm

To be fair to the clueless gypos they usually only attack empty pubs, or is that just in Cardiff???? :lol:

Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:09 pm

To be honest I would have put my money on the 4/5 Polish lads in the car wash !!Tough boys the Poles.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:14 pm

What's a jack hooligans favourite shampoo?

Wash & Go.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:38 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:What's a jack hooligans favourite shampoo?

Wash & Go.

Fairy liquid mush

Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:38 pm

The name of the car wash than ran the 50 inbred hicks back to their coach is only called.....Wash & Go.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.38886 ... 312!8i6656

Jacks Wash&Go.bmp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:58 pm

I went to this game & walk past this pub on the way home but sadly missed all the action.

Bit of a soft target by them Swansea scum but typical behaviour by them inbred mother fuckers a few seasons back they attacked a kebab shop near the ground.

I heard they had a good beating up as well.

I always hate it when them inbreds come to Palace, they are all ugly & dress in primark clothes & they do not give us Welsh a good name.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:49 pm

There's history between those lot I remember years ago a Swansea supporter getting stabbed to death in ninian park road by a palace fan.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:32 pm

They wouldn't have been so 'hard' at Millwall.

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:53 am

llangainbluebird wrote:They wouldn't have been so 'hard' at Millwall.

Idiots like that are "hard" wherever they go. There is usually not something right between the ears, probably why your lot have a "proud" history of it :wink: .

Its awful behaviour though and as a Swans fan am thoroughly embarassed by their actions. Find them, and ban them.

Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:45 am

Is this Tanks crew?

Do not mess with them, i repeat do not mess with them.

#Hardasnails

Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:59 am

cwmbachbluebird wrote:Is this Tanks crew?

Do not mess with them, i repeat do not mess with them.

#Hardasnails

Tanks boys are grown up now :-)

Looks like the Jacks are getting stuck in these days.

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:33 pm

One eye witness,Margaret Minge from Islington said "There was soap and water everywhere,it reminded me of a scene from Tiswas"

Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:15 pm

sir ninian wrote:One eye witness,Margaret Minge from Islington said "There was soap and water everywhere,it reminded me of a scene from Tiswas"

:lol:

Fairy liquid is the new CS gas

Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:06 pm

sir ninian wrote:One eye witness,Margaret Minge from Islington said "There was soap and water everywhere,it reminded me of a scene from Tiswas"

Now this one is my fav, very funny fair play. You can almost visualize it! :laughing6:

Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:51 pm

64JACK wrote:

Now this one is my fav, very funny fair play. You can almost visualize it! :laughing6:

Soap and water everywhere?? No wonder the tramps ran back to their coach :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:28 pm

my brother took me to palace v Swansea cup game at ninian pk,i remember tudor rd was closed off after game by the police,mini bus of palace attack Swansea fans in tudor rd before game and a Swansea fan was stabbed 2 death