Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED ' COURT CASE WITH VINCENT TAN NOW NEXT '

Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:34 am

" UPDATED "

' COURT CASE IS ADJOURNED TILL NEXT MONDAY 1ST FEBRUARY 2016 FOR SUMMARY JUDGEMENT '

Its been moved by one week, last chance for Tan to get any proof/evidence.

Two days have been put aside,next Monday and Tuesday.

UPDATED

Monday 25th Jan 2016

At 2pm today Langston are asking for a Summary Judgement as Tan has still not been a ble to produce one bit of evidence of wrong doing by Langston.

The case also could now go ahead either this Tues or We'd in the High Court.

Sam Hammam or Vincent Tan are not attending, only their Lawyers are.

' THIS TUESDAY IN THE HIGH COURT VINCENT TAN '

This Tuesday 26th January 2016 in the High Court In London Langston v Vincent Tan(Cardiff City).
Outstanding is £5.75million

So far Langston have been paid £16.25mill over a period of 2 years, Tan stopped paying early last year (2015),demanding to know more about Langston, despite already paying 75% of the debt that is owed to Langston.

Vincent Tan had already had forensic accountants to go over the Langston loan notes to check for any fraud etc, but failed to find any evidence of wrong doing, this is believed to have cost over a £1 million,as a result Vincent Tan accepted that the debt was indeed payable by Cardiff City Football Club and signed up to a contract to pay in full.

But yet again Vincent Tan reneged on a contract and agreement that he signed to and was put in place by himself.

Going to be interesting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' THIS TUESDAY IN THE HIGH COURT VINCENT TAN '

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:06 pm

On the way to the game yesterday we were talking about this and wondered when we would hear more. Unless Tan has a right old rabbit in the hat it is hard to understand how he hopes to defend this?

The 2008 Court case has nothing to do with this dispute as a new agreement was drawn up 2 years ago. So the issue has to be a breach of contract on the behalf of Tan unless he has some very compelling evidence we don't know about.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:11 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:On the way to the game yesterday we were talking about this and wondered when we would hear more. Unless Tan has a right old rabbit in the hat it is hard to understand how he hopes to defend this?

The 2008 Court case has nothing to do with this dispute as a new agreement was drawn up 2 years ago. So the issue has to be a breach of contract on the behalf of Tan unless he has some very compelling evidence we don't know about.

Tony, I honestly see Tan losing this as he signed and spent over a £1mill looking for any wrong doings.

Tan tried to not pay the Riddler,DJ,Ole etc and all have now been paid.

Its going to be interesting and I would like it finally over once and for all, for the good of Cardiff City, No one else :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:14 pm

Can't imagine tan going there without a plan or something concrete, Its more a case of will he get what he wants out of the court?

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Like most i really don't know any of the facts or pretend to understand the legal argument, but this needs to be resolved ASAP.

We need stability and desperately need our mojo back all travelling in the same direction.

I wonder what will come out

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Can't imagine tan going there without a plan or something concrete, Its more a case of will he get what he wants out of the court?

Allan, Tans has already paid over £16mill and paid an extra £1mill in forensics etc,plus about £1mill in costs and signed to it :shock:

Tan plays games and in the last couple of years,they have backfired on him and become costly.

Don't forget Langston have started the Court case not him.

Like I say, its going to be very interesting indeed.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:On the way to the game yesterday we were talking about this and wondered when we would hear more. Unless Tan has a right old rabbit in the hat it is hard to understand how he hopes to defend this?

Tony, I honestly see Tan losing this as he signed and spent over a £1mill looking for any wrong doings.

Its going to be interesting and I would like it finally over once and for all, for the good of Cardiff City, No one else :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis same here the Langston issue has hung around for far too long now. It is hard to believe but under the old agreement Langston had to be paid in full by this New Year's Eve (2016) and that agreement was made 2004!

The only reason I can think is by delaying payment to Langston the monies saved would not count as expenditure for the club in the accounts. The reason was to portray the club as profitable and hence Financial Fair Play and avoiding a transfer embargo.

Complete speculation on my part but if that is the case then Tan should start repaying as he will lose in court and Langston will be awarded damages including Consequential loss like interest etc.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:26 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis same here the Langston issue has hung around for far too long now. It is hard to believe but under the old agreement Langston had to be paid in full by this New Year's Eve (2016) and that agreement was made 2004!

The only reason I can think is by delaying payment to Langston the monies saved would not count as expenditure for the club in the accounts. The reason was to portray the club as profitable and hence Financial Fair Play and avoiding a transfer embargo.

Complete speculation on my part but if that is the case then Tan should start repaying as he will lose in court and Langston will be awarded damages including Consequential loss like interest etc.

Tony, You never know you could be right? interesting :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:27 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Like most i really don't know any of the facts or pretend to understand the legal argument, but this needs to be resolved ASAP.

We need stability and desperately need our mojo back all travelling in the same direction.

I wonder what will come out

Totally agree, lets hope its settled finally this year :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:54 pm

I had a dream!!!

This left an even more unsavoury taste in his mouth and he paid the debt and sold the club.

Then I woke up and realised he will probably settle out of court as he just wanted his name in papers again, been a while since it was in them.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:03 pm

does anyone know who langston are ? and why did they loan us money, i was young when it all started so i never really knew about langston. can someone give me some info please ?

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:29 pm

bluebird04 wrote:does anyone know who langston are ? and why did they loan us money, i was young when it all started so i never really knew about langston. can someone give me some info please ?

No one knows for sure except Sam Hamman.

The club or should I say Vincent Tan has decided to try and find out via the courts. The courts are the only authority that can force Sam to reveal who Langston are.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:37 pm

Do we know if Langstone passed the payments onto Sam.

Will Sam be in court?

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:39 pm

bluebird04 wrote:does anyone know who langston are ? and why did they loan us money, i was young when it all started so i never really knew about langston. can someone give me some info please ?

Fans have been asking that question since 2004 who are Langston?

Sam Hammam has always denied he was Langston. They are a mystery with only address in Switzerland.

There has been plenty of speculation to who they are including family members of the Hammam family to middle eastern businessmen (read Annis autobiography).

Basically our problems started in 2004 we were up crap street and Sam had the club in hock to around £24m to Citibank after 'overspending' on getting the new stadium planning permission and players to get us up the leagues.

Citibank stopped the funding and called the loans in. Langston stepped in and paid off the overdraft and were given loan notes for the cash. Later in around 2006 Ridsdale and PMG took the club over and promised to repay the loans by 31/12/2016.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:40 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Do we know if Langstone passed the payments onto Sam.

Will Sam be in court?

All we know is Sam is the representative of Langston. In what context does that come in guess we will never know.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:45 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Do we know if Langstone passed the payments onto Sam.

Will Sam be in court?

Is that really relevant? The money is owed to Langston and there is a contract in place to pay off what is owed.

If the money was then given to Sam or donated to save the whale it's their money and up to them.

Provided the money is not used wrongly (such as tax avoidance) then they have done nothing wrong.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Can't imagine tan going there without a plan or something concrete, Its more a case of will he get what he wants out of the court?

He wants to know 100% on record who langstone is once and for all, it seems like. They will have to tell the court the make up of the dodgy company for get any verdict

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:

He wants to know 100% on record who langstone is once and for all, it seems like. They will have to tell the court the make up of the dodgy company for get any verdict

But why?

Wouldn't the Judge simply ask why didn't Tan find this out before entering into contract?

He has already accepted liability and paid substantial amount off what is owed.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:57 pm

wez1927 wrote:

But why?

Wouldn't the Judge simply ask why didn't Tan find this out before entering into contract?

The whole affair ,stinks Langston are dodgy as f**k with Sam up to his neck in it. In the last court case the judge said he thought Sam was langstone and if it went to court at a later date then it would be disclosed ,I think there is more to this than meets the eye we will find out on Tuesday unless Sam takes less money to settle ? Hmmmmm

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:07 pm

I know some of you are rooting for the Lebanese fella but I can't believe old Vinnie won't turn up without a trick or two up his sleeve.But as others have said the sooner this is done and dusted the better for the club.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:09 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I know some of you are rooting for the Lebanese fella but I can't believe old Vinnie won't turn up without a trick or two up his sleeve.But as others have said the sooner this is done and dusted the better for the club.
I think there is more to it than we are lead to believe ,there's no way tan would stop paying them risking lossing money personally if he didn't have an agenda or plan

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:I know some of you are rooting for the Lebanese fella but I can't believe old Vinnie won't turn up without a trick or two up his sleeve.But as others have said the sooner this is done and dusted the better for the club.
I think there is more to it than we are lead to believe ,there's no way tan would stop paying them risking lossing money personally if he didn't have an agenda or plan

I agree with you and in my opinion it's about an agenda rather than the money and VT wants to discredit SH and have him outed as being FULLY involved with Langston.

If VT does manage to achieve this then SH will never be able to justify year upon year of denial about his involvement in this sorry mess. For that VT may well believe the legal bill would be money well spent.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I don't know - Tan doesn't seem to be the most intelligent of chaps does he?

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:

But why?

Knowing who they are is not that easy as we have found out past 7yrs or so, why dont you think sam doesnt want anyone to know who Langston really are? :old:

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:27 pm

castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I agree with you and in my opinion it's about an agenda rather than the money and VT wants to discredit SH and have him outed as being FULLY involved with Langston.

If VT does manage to achieve this then SH will never be able to justify year upon year of denial about his involvement in this sorry mess. For that VT may well believe the legal bill would be money well spent.

This is what I would put my money on if I was a betting man.

It really does show the character Tan is.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:27 pm

castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I agree he earns more money in a day than we earn in a lifetime he isn't bothered about cost more the moral high ground

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Hope they don't get a penny and can't see why any Cardiff City fan would want them to.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Aramore wrote:Hope they don't get a penny and can't see why any Cardiff City fan would want them to.

Some of our fans just love to knock the club at every opportunity ,Sam was a crook ,he and his brother done very well out of cardiff city ,he lied to everyone how anyone can support him is beyond me

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Aramore wrote:Hope they don't get a penny and can't see why any Cardiff City fan would want them to.

Some of our fans just love to knock the club at every opportunity ,Sam was a crook ,he and his brother done very well out of cardiff city ,he lied to everyone how anyone can support him is beyond me

Even aside from all that, they've claimed a total of £24million from us.

That's equivalent to a wage budget of 23 players on 20k a week. If we'd had that cash for a promotion charge we'd be in the premiership and safely mid table.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:52 pm

Annis, seriously, what if thru Mr Tans actions it gets to reveal who Langstone are?? Did any of us put our hands in our pockets to pay this debt off?? Blind hatred of a man can sometimes twist your judgement.

Give thanks to Mr Tan, and bow in our blue shirts lol!! :sladeout: