Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

In Shock

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:06 am

Just went in to the Ticket Office to get my West Brom tickets and 90% of the staff have been laid off, They will only call them in now when they really needed. Looks like the Club are trying to make as many cuts as Possible.

Re: In Shock

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:07 am

thats a bad sign, I would say we are close to folding if that's true.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:09 am

I asked the Girl and she said that they are now called casual staff and they are not on any contracts.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:11 am

BlueCheg wrote:I asked the Girl and she said that they are now called casual staff and they are not on any contracts.

Wouldn't any business do that though? I mean you're not going to have 10 people behind your bar on a Friday afternoon when you don't need them.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:12 am

gawwd what has that man done to our club

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:13 am

Really? Wow, awful stuff.

I assume that Ridsdale has fired all the extra managers he's appointed, and Keith Harris etc, too? (Naturally, there's no chance of this happening)

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:16 am

Hello Fella,

Wouldn't that be the case though in the current circumstances in a Company that has clearly over budgeted? Sounds like to me that someone is pulling in the Chairmans reigns.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:17 am

Alex wrote:
BlueCheg wrote:I asked the Girl and she said that they are now called casual staff and they are not on any contracts.

Wouldn't any business do that though? I mean you're not going to have 10 people behind your bar on a Friday afternoon when you don't need them.

Yes mate you right, only have the amount of staff you need, And I respect the fact that Staff is very expensive but we are talking of a Huge cut here tho.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:26 am

You should not be in too much shock here. I mean how much do they need in the ticket office today? Last season I phones the TO to get my away tickets. Now I can go online and purchase them. I would not be surprised if a large majority of fans are doing this.

However for the Crystal Palace game I took my 3 girls so neede to purchase them tickets for the family stand. The Online system could not get me 4 seats next to each other. So I made a call to the TO, spoke to a human being and got sorted. Its a comforting fact knowing there is someone in the office to deal with.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:16 pm

BlueCheg wrote:Just went in to the Ticket Office to get my West Brom tickets and 90% of the staff have been laid off, They will only call them in now when they really needed. Looks like the Club are trying to make as many cuts as Possible.

Do you mean 90% of the ticket office staff? and if so when did this happen? as of today?

Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:13 pm

BlueCheg wrote:Just went in to the Ticket Office to get my West Brom tickets and 90% of the staff have been laid off, They will only call them in now when they really needed. Looks like the Club are trying to make as many cuts as Possible.

I know its true, I've just come from there myself. :|

Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Watch now as we get a big draw in the cup and all the 'casual' staff have got new jobs.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:34 pm

GOOD

THEY WERE ALL USLESS !! LETS BE FAIR !!! GOOD RIDDENCE

Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Ben wrote:GOOD

Harsh, very harsh.
As useless as you say they were, i never had a problem with them. Christmas is around the corner and times are hard enough as it is.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:50 pm

Ben wrote:GOOD

I think that's a bit unfair. I only ever had one problem with the ticket office staff, the many other times I have been treated with efficiency and courtesy (well, apart from the odd teenager shrug)