Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Disgraceful "

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:19 pm

" Disgraceful "

On my way to Middlesborough v Cardiff City on Carlos Tours, 5 of us tonight :lol:
Carlos, Ned, Lyndon, My Daughter Alexandra and Myself.

£32 a ticket tonight for us :shock: and £17 for my 9year old daughter :shock:
Yet City charged them £22 for Adult tickets and City do very cheap kids tickets for away fans.
You would think Boro being in the North East,a working mans area that the tickets would be good value.

Then our next away trip Bristol City who are charging us £30 for an Adult ticket :shock:
For me this does not help away support at all, yet we have always looked after away fans when they come to Cardiff.

My point is,should there not be a limit set on ticket prices for away fans?

Re: " Disgraceful "

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:36 pm

We should charge away fans what they charge us. But I do believe twenty is plenty :thumbup:

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:We should charge away fans what they charge us. But I do believe twenty is plenty :thumbup:

Exactly how I see it Nukes. We are on the A1, See you up there :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:42 pm

Totally out of order annis agree with you

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:44 pm

You can say that again Dai!!!

Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" Disgraceful "

On my way to Middlesborough v Cardiff City on Carlos Tours, 5 of us tonight :lol:

Yet City charged them £22 for Adult tickets and City do very cheap kids tickets for away fans.
You would think Boro being in the North East,a working mans area that the tickets would be good value.

Then our next away trip Bristol City who are charging us £30 for an Adult ticket :shock:
For me this does not help away support at all, yet we have always looked after away fans when they come to Cardiff.

The club should treat Other clubs who treat or cheat our fans the same way.

Put the price up or down and charge them extra for food/drink.

If they look after us then we do the same :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:29 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" Disgraceful "

The club should treat Other clubs who treat or cheat our fans the same way.

Put the price up or down and charge them extra for food/drink.

If they look after us then we do the same :bluescarf:

Exactly, the club should match what our fans get charged pound for pound

Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 pm

You either have to be a doctor or have two jobs to follow City away as well as home these days ! :lol: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:52 pm

It's getting ridiculous now...I notice that numerous championship clubs average crowds are down this year stupid ticket prices are partly to blame.

Hugely impressed with our season ticket prices for next year..well done for the club for making it more affordable for every one

Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Wop wrote:You either have to be a doctor or have two jobs to follow City away as well as home these days ! :lol: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

ridiculous how football been taken away from the majority of hard working fans who just can't afford it! :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:00 pm

at least the boys got in free at wetherby races this afternoon :lol: :lol:

But I agree, twenty is plenty.

Or you get crutches and go in the disabled area for a lot less - isn't that right Dai! :o

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:16 pm

I have the utmost respect foe every one of you making the long journey to Middlesborough on a cold Tuesday night but perhaps the only way to make the prices drop for these games,is not to attend at all. I know it's important to support our team but it maybe the only way home teams will listen.If Middlesborough had dropped the prices to £20 a ticket,according to my basic maths,they would have lost £1440 for 120 tickets sold,which is hardly breaking the bank,and they may have sold even more tickets at the lower price. I was thinking of going to Bristol but I'm not prepared to £47 for my son and I.

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Simples dont buy!!!!!????

Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Stop paying it and they will stop charging it.

Our club next years should do the same and when they complain tell them why it's so expensive.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:06 am

I sometimes think that they'd be much happier if no away fans turned up.

Would save on policing and staff costs. I can't see them dropping prices just so there can be more away supporters in the ground.

How does that benefit the home team?