Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PETER RIDSDALE and DAVE JONES

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:59 am

I wont go on and on about yesterday because what more can you say about a bunch of OVER PAID, GUTLESS PLAYERS,who got out fought,out played and didnt look like they wanted to be in the game in the second half.
On the way home I rang Ridsdale and said this cant go on,those players dont care,yet our 2,200 Fans paid a lot of money and have driven hundreds of mile for that and its not just today its every other few weeks.

Peter Replied I understand, totally Understand ,I feel the same, I have had enough of them, I said I knew you were going to say that.
I Said instead of Dave Jones running down the tunnel to get away and the players following, the Man should of stood at the tunnel and sent every player over to us and felt the Fans fury and they could have gone home listening to how we felt, Peter just kept saying I understand,I Understand.

I said this happens every year under Dave Jones and he will never get us promoted,and we can see that the players dont care and thats down to him, His reply was it will be sorted.

I have NEVER CHANGED MY MIND, Too many of our fans are thickle, one minute they sing his name then they chant him out, DAVE JONES IS NOT THE MAN FOR US IN MY OPINION.

Re: PETER RIDSDALE and DAVE JONES

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:05 am

he always says it will be sorted,the only way it will be sorted is to sack jones in my opinion.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:16 am

I dont think that we'll go up with Jones in charge but who do we replace him with and more importantly how do we pay the 800k needed to rip up the scouse twats contract.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:21 am

It's all hypothetical guys, £800k to pay him off, hell we haven't got £5 to rub together! Always been a huge fan of DJ and firmly believe that he has done an exceptional job for us on the whole, but since the end of last season, far too many mistakes on various fronts have and continue to be made. If and hopefully when we can afford to sack him, I do believe there are suitable candidates out there that we could now entice, perhaps unlike in the past, but this investment which would facilitate the sacking seems as long away as ever with rumours abound that Peter is holding out for a job with the new owners for 3 years and 45p a share. I don't care what profit he makes from our club, as long as he gets the hell out of it asap. Once that happens, only then can we think about DJ going.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:26 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I dont think that we'll go up with Jones in charge but who do we replace him with and more importantly how do we pay the 800k needed to rip up the scouse twats contract.

Cant you come up with an arguement to either sack or support the manager without personal insults? I for one am still behind him but I know he makes mistakes but he also has a team of coaches around him who never seem to get any of the criicism.

7 Reasons for him to go

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:30 am

1.Dave Jones has been given the largest budget that any CCFC manager has ever had.
2.He has assembled a squad that does not have any real leaders in it.
3.He earns more than any manager in the championship.
4.He picks the team and tactics.
5.The amount of late goals that we concede
6.Poor performances against lowly clubs
7.He never accepts responsibility when things go wrong

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:31 am

Jones and ALL his coaching staff should be cleaned out. Didn't ONE of them see what was happening
yesterday?
How many more times will we get over run in midfield? His half time talk should have been, close down keep it
toght for the first 20 of the 2nd half and pick them off on the break. That extra body should have been thrown into the middle to break up play.
The manager and his stubborn/ archeic ways of playing the game are costing us point after point. Oh to think that BIlly Davis
was there out of work for over a season :x

Jones has to go if we are to move forward

Re: 7 Reasons for him to go

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:32 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:1.Dave Jones has been given the largest budget that any CCFC manager has ever had.
2.He has assembled a squad that does not have any real leaders in it.
3.He earns more than any manager in the championship.
4.He picks the team and tactics.
5.The amount of late goals that we concede
6.Poor performances against lowly clubs
7.He never accepts responsibility when things go wrong

And EVERY YEAR HE SAYS THIS IS MY BEST EVER SQUAD. lol

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 am

Never have and never will rate dave jones. Do 1 dj :evil:

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:35 am

I'm really pissed off with Jones always blaming the players. I'm pissed off with some of the players attitudes as well. So the solution to me is easy. We sell those players, use the money to pay off Jones, let Burton take charge and give some of the young players a go. Burton is capable of at least keeping us in the division and the young players will show alot more ambition.

As mentioned yesterdays game was not a on off but one of many this season. No consistancy, one minute awesome next minute spoilt schoolboys. Us fans pay alot of money to watch our team, we make effort every week and all we ask is the same in return. When we shout "your not fit enough to wear the shirt", which is not often, then something needs ot be done. Problem is have we got anyone at the club capable of doing anything about it.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:51 am

Pr and dj have to get the blame end of story.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 am

I'm not particularly for or against DJ but who would we get in ? Surely the most important thing is to get something better, not different ?

No decent manager is going to come into the club with little money to spend and continued uncertainty over ownership. We have to stick with what we have for now and just hope we can hamg on to our play-off place, we simply have to stick with OUR team.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:I wont go on and on about yesterday because what more can you say about a bunch of OVER PAID, GUTLESS PLAYERS,who got out fought,out played and didnt look like they wanted to be in the game in the second half.
On the way home I rang Ridsdale and said this cant go on,those players dont care,yet our 2,200 Fans paid a lot of money and have driven hundreds of mile for that and its not just today its every other few weeks.

Peter Replied I understand, totally Understand ,I feel the same, I have had enough of them, I said I knew you were going to say that.
I Said instead of Dave Jones running down the tunnel to get away and the players following, the Man should of stood at the tunnel and sent every player over to us and felt the Fans fury and they could have gone home listening to how we felt, Peter just kept saying I understand,I Understand.

I said this happens every year under Dave Jones and he will never get us promoted,and we can see that the players dont care and thats down to him, His reply was it will be sorted.

I have NEVER CHANGED MY MIND, Too many of our fans are thickle, one minute they sing his name then they chant him out, DAVE JONES IS NOT THE MAN FOR US IN MY OPINION.

No doubt he'll tell them how naughty they are, and that it had better not happen again. It's worked the last few times he's done it, hasn't it??! :roll:

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:08 am

SteW wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I wont go on and on about yesterday because what more can you say about a bunch of OVER PAID, GUTLESS PLAYERS,who got out fought,out played and didnt look like they wanted to be in the game in the second half.

No doubt he'll tell them how naughty they are, and that it had better not happen again. It's worked the last few times he's done it, hasn't it??! :roll:

:lol:
Till the next time.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:11 am

[quote="Bakedalasker"]I'm really pissed off with Jones always blaming the players. I'm pissed off with some of the players attitudes as well. So the solution to me is easy. We sell those players, use the money to pay off Jones, let Burton take charge and give some of the young players a go. Burton is capable of at least keeping us in the division and the young players will show alot more ambition.

Let Burton , take charge, ??

From where I sit he appears to be managing the team more than Jones does

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:I Said instead of Dave Jones running down the tunnel to get away and the players following, the Man should of stood at the tunnel and sent every player over to us and felt the Fans fury and they could have gone home listening to how we felt, Peter just kept saying I understand,I Understand.

Bang on. And if Ridsdale truly understands, then he knows what must be done.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:JONES IS NOT THE MAN FOR US IN MY OPINION.

Fair play I remember you saying that on CCMB after the Bristol City game and you got hammered. I bet there hundreds of those who slated then who have the same opinion now.

I turned on Jones after the Charlton game in 2007. Despite the remarkable turn around which saw us go to Wembley I was never convinced and I was absolutely astonished at our collapse at the end of last season which included that totally unexplainable 6-0 loss to Preston which meant we missed out on the play-offs by ONE goal.

Jones just doesn't have the mental strength to get through 'squeaky bum time' as Alex Ferguson puts it and as a result we will never progress under him. It might cost £800k to pay him off, but we can do that over the length of the year's notice we need to give him to terminate his rolling contract.

If we are to invest it has to be in a new manager first, then central midfield second. If it takes paying for the season after next season ticket now to do it, I for one would happily cough up.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:49 am

Ask wimbledon fans if Burton kept them in the premiership ! He was the manager that got them relegated !

Clean sweep I say, sack the lot of them !

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:51 am

He should be ashamed of his and his players performance, what's the betting that Burton will cop it.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:JONES IS NOT THE MAN FOR US IN MY OPINION.

Fair play I remember you saying that on CCMB after the Bristol City game and you got hammered. I bet there hundreds of those who slated then who have the same opinion now.

I turned on Jones after the Charlton game in 2007. Despite the remarkable turn around which saw us go to Wembley I was never convinced and I was absolutely astonished at our collapse at the end of last season which included that totally unexplainable 6-0 loss to Preston which meant we missed out on the play-offs by ONE goal.

Jones just doesn't have the mental strength to get through 'squeaky bum time' as Alex Ferguson puts it and as a result we will never progress under him. It might cost £800k to pay him off, but we can do that over the length of the year's notice we need to give him to terminate his rolling contract.

If we are to invest it has to be in a new manager first, then central midfield second. If it takes paying for the season after next season ticket now to do it, I for one would happily cough up.

Cheers Tony, I stick by what I have always said.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SteW wrote:

Till the next time.

Just seen the statement from PR on the official site. Told you so.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:40 pm

You did Stew :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:30 pm

earnieblue wrote:Never have and never will rate dave jones. Do 1 dj :evil: